The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*jumps in*

Hello Woohoos It's fathers day here today, so happy father's day to all your daddys and your hubbies!!!

Congrats Cags on your new WooMobile!

I did my regular checking for cheap flights for February next year and I found return flights for $1500!!! That's actually less money than I have!!! I could book that with out depleting my life savings!!

...this is a dangerous discovery! I have never wanted to spend money more than I want to spend that $1500 right now!!....oh dear....oh deary deary dear..

(and the sale ends today! TODAY! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH)
    sigpic

Comment

*runs in*

Go Vols Go! Just went to my first football game It was an experience alright! Very cool!

*huggles all the Woohoos*

Oh and Cags awesome car! A lot bigger than the one you have now!
      Hope you feel better soon Jumbly!

*waits on news from Josi when she becomes an auntie*
      sigpic

Comment

Oh Goodness, yes! I nearly forgot *crosses fingers for Auntie Jane and her sis and the little pre-bub*

Ooh, football, jann! How exciting! You really are turning American!!!

*hovers over the cheap airline tickets*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
          Ooh, football, jann! How exciting! You really are turning American!!!
          Scary. Although I'm not quite an american yet... I've noticed that apparently a lot of college americans are quite sl*tty(don't know if GW allows this word)
          If I have some pictures(friend of mine made a lot) I'll show 'em in here

*waits on Bekki to see if she does it or not* But that's still quite expensive...it's cheaper for me to go to the USA
          sigpic

Comment

Oh Goodness, yes! I nearly forgot *crosses fingers for Auntie Jane and her sis and the little pre-bub*
            Oh yes, you get to become Auntie Jane. I had that blessing a little over a year ago and now they are having a second one....

I did my regular checking for cheap flights for February next year and I found return flights for $1500!!! That's actually less money than I have!!! I could book that with out depleting my life savings!!

Where are you flying from? That sounds expensive to me....but I live in the Seattle area.

Originally posted by llp
            Loved the pictures you got from the video. Makes me realize that although I use to be am good at the "technical" things like repairs, networking, etc, I really never learned to do the fun things like art work.....feeling left behind!
            Originally posted by jumble
            But you can catch up! You just need a few pointers and a little practise
            Show and tell, oh boy! But can we do that and drink wine at the same time.....

Originally posted by starlover
            Scary. Although I'm not quite an american yet... I've noticed that apparently a lot of college americans are quite sl*tty(don't know if GW allows this word)
            If I have some pictures(friend of mine made a lot) I'll show 'em in here
            Hmmmmm! I don't remember ever having a class in that before....but it has been several decades since I went to a Uni. Do they teach a class in that??? Ohhh! pictures.....okay! Pictures are good, that is what are we looking at again!
            sigpic

Comment

when you live on the underside of the world Jann, unfortunately, it's expensive to fly anywhere!

...except New Zealand...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Hmmmmm! I don't remember ever having a class in that before....but it has been several decades since I went to a Uni. Do they teach a class in that??? Ohhh! pictures.....okay! Pictures are good, that is what are we looking at again!
                ...I was talking about Football pictures lol...before we confuse it with...the other
                And no class in that...I just think a lot are like that....it would be an interesting class though!

when you live on the underside of the world Jann, unfortunately, it's expensive to fly anywhere!

...except New Zealand...

That sucks...I'm used to "cheaper" flying but still it's overall expensive!
                sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the car Cags!
                  Josi is gonna be an aunty! WooHoo!
                  Hugs Val
                  Jann, sl*tty pretty much sums up both high school and uni girls in the USA. It's Brittany-Lindsay-Paris syndrome.
                  Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Quiet around here today......... maybe I should brighten the place up a bit...
                  http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ers/205692.jpg

I can no longer resist……..

New sig and avi…..

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...uilt-avi-6.jpg
                  http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...uilt-sig95.jpg

Oh, SUNGLASSES WARNING!!!

Ooops! Too late :-P
                  Oh! Yummy!...er..lovely artwork Jumble.

So it is late and I am about to go to bed. Busy day tomorrow.

Here is what happened today:

Started off here in Shelburne, VT.

A couple of close up shots.

A long shot.

Then we went here, also in Shelburne. Hope you can read the sign. Fascinating!

Three close-up shots of the pot holes.

Then we were off to Bennington, VT where they were having a garlic festival. Walking to the festival we saw this.

We found out that two older ladies actually live there!

There were three reasons to go to the garlic fest.

1. We like garlic.
                  2. It was something fun to do.
                  3. Where else can you see a dude with a hat like this:

On the way back we stopped in Bennington's oldest cemetery and saw this sign.

So we had to go find it:

This is what is written under his name:
                  "I had a lovers quarrel with the world."

Charmaine said that sums up her feelings perfectly.

WoodNight WooHoo's!
                  sigpic

Comment

Morning Woohoos!

Still no baby... still waiting... I can assure you I'll be on here as soon as I know to bounce and squee and let you know the happy news

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Shhh... I mentioned to Charles and a smaller little runaround might be nice and solve all the "who's having the car today" problems and... he's on Exchange and Mart looking at Suzuki Altos right now. I mean a Golf TDI would be nicer but beggars can't be choosers.

Wrapped round my little finger...
                    Nice work

*jumps in*

Hello Woohoos It's fathers day here today, so happy father's day to all your daddys and your hubbies!!!

Congrats Cags on your new WooMobile!

...this is a dangerous discovery! I have never wanted to spend money more than I want to spend that $1500 right now!!....oh dear....oh deary deary dear..

(and the sale ends today! TODAY! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH)
                    *runs to currency converter* Wow, that's not actually that bad at all! I've been keeping an eye on the Aus flights (might be heading back down under sometime in the next year or so) and have yet to find anything for under £1100. Flights have got way more expensive the last couple of years - when I went to Australia last year it cost me £750.

Happy father's day to your daddy and any other Aussie daddies

Jann, glad you had fun at the football
                    Bree, gorgeous photos!
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

heading back to Aus? Thats fabulous! and this time, i can show you around Melbourne - much more exciting than Brisbane! Hehehe

I have been hovering over the airline website all day...it's just so cheap...

AND I got a new writing contract today...maybe it's not ridiculously irresponsible for me to spend money...
                      sigpic

Comment

heading back to Aus? Thats fabulous! and this time, i can show you around Melbourne - much more exciting than Brisbane! Hehehe

I have been hovering over the airline website all day...it's just so cheap...

AND I got a new writing contract today...maybe it's not ridiculously irresponsible for me to spend money...
                        Hope so! Will let you know if it it works out And Melbourne is right at the top of my list of places to see, seeing as I didn't get there before

Woohood for the writing contract!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Oh yes, you get to become Auntie Jane. I had that blessing a little over a year ago and now they are having a second one....

Where are you flying from? That sounds expensive to me....but I live in the Seattle area.
                          She's in Australia, a looooong way away

Show and tell, oh boy! But can we do that and drink wine at the same time.....
                          I do some of my best work after a few glasses of wine

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                          Congrats on the car Cags!
                          Josi is gonna be an aunty! WooHoo!
                          Hugs Val
                          Jann, sl*tty pretty much sums up both high school and uni girls in the USA. It's Brittany-Lindsay-Paris syndrome.

Oh! Yummy!...er..lovely artwork Jumble.
                          Thank you, and I think yummy was the right word

So it is late and I am about to go to bed. Busy day tomorrow.

Here is what happened today:

<lazy snip>

Walking to the festival we saw this.[/B]
                          http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg
                          We found out that two older ladies actually live there!
                          We saw some houses like that one in Vangroovy. There's a fascinating mix of the old and new.

There were three reasons to go to the garlic fest.

1. We like garlic.
                          2. It was something fun to do.
                          3. Where else can you see a dude with a hat like this:

<another lazy snip>

This is what is written under his name:
                          "I had a lovers quarrel with the world."

Charmaine said that sums up her feelings perfectly.

WoodNight WooHoo's!
                          I know how that feels

Lovely pics Bree, glad you had a good day

I just had the mum of my new children on the phone in a panic. It's her first day at her new job tomorrow as well as the children's first full day with me, and they still haven't moved into their new house so she'll be commuting from Wimbledon for the first couple of weeks After a few minutes she told me that I have a really calming influence She doesn't know me very well yet

Comment

*hugs Bekki* I know how you feel. I wanted so badly to go to SE but there just wasn't any money for it. Thankfully we have our wonderful WooHoo's who allowed us to live vicariously.

Josi-waiting to bounce at your happy news. I'm keeping you sis in my thoughts and prayers that the birthing goes well and the baby is super healthy.
                            Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            She's in Australia, a looooong way away

1. I do some of my best work after a few glasses of wine :-)

2. Thank you, and I think yummy was the right word :-)

3. We saw some houses like that one in Vangroovy. There's a fascinating mix of the old and new.

4. I know how that feels

5. Lovely pics Bree, glad you had a good day :-)

6. I just had the mum of my new children on the phone in a panic. It's her first day at her new job tomorrow as well as the children's first full day with me, and they still haven't moved into their new house so she'll be commuting from Wimbledon for the first couple of weeks After a few minutes she told me that I have a really calming influence She doesn't know me very well yet ;-) :-P
                            1. Me too.
                            2. Yummy is the right word but then I remembered that there is a WooHoo hierarchy when it comes to Martin and I wanted to be respectful of that.
                            3. This house looked like it could have been the star of a horror movie. I wish I could have posted the larger pix.
                            4. You and Char will probably get along quite well. She's a happy person but she has her moments. One of her favorite things to say is :I prefer animals to people". I can't blame her as there are some people out there who are nasty. In her line of work she does run into them a little too often.
                            5. It was a lovely day but a long one. Days off are sometimes more tiring than working. I think I may try to use the pix as textures or something. I have a lot more than I posted.
                            6. That poor mom. and on the last part.

Today we are headed west of where we are, Montpelier, but not sure exactly where we'll end up.
                            I will try to report when we get back if I am not exhausted.

Have a sparkling day WooHoo's!
                            sigpic

Comment

Time for a little Martin pick-me-up:

sigpic

Comment

Aw....brings back found memories
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X