X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs Bree for life's complications*
    *hugs Cags for having to part ffrom The Pool*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Dare I ask what you've been doing to cause your legs to hurt?
    Why, I've been pulling my knees to my chin all day to try and figure out how to describe the movement!

Heh. Actually, I've been walking all day. City trip.

Ah, The Byrds!

*sings
    Spoiler:

Hey Mr. Spaceman,
    Won't you please take me along
    I won't do anything wrong
    Hey Mr. Spaceman,
    For a ride

Or

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
    I'm not sleepy and there aint no place I'm going to.
    In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.

Take me for a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
    All my senses have been stripped, and my hands can't feel to grip...

Hmm...... not sure I should be asking a couple of strange men to take me off somewhere
    Ok, that put me in YouTube mode again, since I can't be bothered to go get my CD's...

You want us to be nekkid before we answer that question?

Um......... I think it wood be more accurately described as 'pulling your knees up under your chin'

And believe me, you really don't want me to do that nekkid!!

Edit: And does that answer my previous question?....
    Thanks
    And I do. I do want all the WooHoos bare with me. No matter what it is you're doing. Running, singing, dancing bending, stretching...
    *blinks*
    Ok, ok... There are some limits.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Isn't that what I'm always telling you, to no avail??
      Dare I ask what you've been doing to cause your legs to hurt?

Ah, The Byrds!

*sings

Hey Mr. Spaceman,
      I won't do anything wrong
      Hey Mr. Spaceman,
      For a ride

Or

I'm not sleepy and there aint no place I'm going to.
      In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.

Take me for a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
      All my senses have been stripped, and my hands can't feel to grip...

Hmm...... not sure I should be asking a couple of strange men to take me off somewhere

Glad you got it sorted out, you really need that vacation

Soooo..... what you're saying is that Laurie illegally smuggled that bottle of Sanctuary wine into Canada, and made Amanda her unwitting accomplice?

Let's just hope she's drunk the evidence by now.........

I am not saying that at all. Amanda wood not be an accomplice to any such thing! The law refers to shipping wine. people can bring wine in and out of Canada but they have to declare it with customs and are only allowed to bring in a limited amount. Heaven forbid you drink more than the people police think that you should.
      sigpic

Comment

I eat a lot of tomatoes, and I LOVE home grown ones! Can't you bung some in a box and send them down to me?

Oh I certainly can! I'm trying to convince Charles to let me take him to Andersons for his birthday dinner.

Sounds like the party went very well
        Er, yeah. Let's put it this way, they wiped me out of booze - including 4 litres of vodka. I do have a tiny bit of Southern Comfort and some tequila left so I'm good for Alabama slammers at least. The annoying thing is, I hardly drank at all. Too busy mixing for everyone else... well up to a point then after that bleeding all over the place and trying to pretend I wasn't in excruciating agony with my hands. Ah I had a few drinks after that I can tell you. Alcohol may thin the blood (and probably why the bruising is taking so long to go down) but I needed the anaesthetic.

So I guess we don't get to skinny-dip in February then? Aw

Sheesh, yeah you can if you want. I'll put it back up just for you. I'll stand by the side wrapped up in my coat, scarf and mittens, and hold your knickers and towel for you... you go knock yerself out probably will on the ice that forms on the surface too!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Cynic!

Actually my own theory is the guys who write the help programme love their jobs/company/products so very much, they feel it absolutely necessary to divulge as much information about it as possible which we must read before we get to the "click that" bit (by which time most of us have given up and taken a hammer to our PCs).
          Nah, they just wantus to think they're cleverer than the rest of us so they speak a foreign language that we can't possibly understand in the hope that we won't mess with their precious programmes! Doesn't work on me

But, for what it's worth, it continuously frustrates the crap out of me. I was trying to import a flowchart I'd done on Excel into Word the other day and could not, for the life of me, get it to do it properly. I clicked help... chocolate teapots come to mind.

In the end I ALWAYS end up googling stuff and that normally provides the answer I really want. Quickly, concisely and without all the waffle.
          I did do that for one little problem, and after wading through all the 'foreign language' posts I finally got someone who said "Go here, click this then restart your pc! Now that's my kind of language

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *hugs Bree for life's complications*
          *hugs Cags for having to part from The Pool*

Why, I've been pulling my knees to my chin all day to try and figure out how to describe the movement!

Heh. Actually, I've been walking all day. City trip.
          Hope it was fun

Ok, that put me in YouTube mode again, since I can't be bothered to go get my CD's...

Thanks
          And I do. I do want all the WooHoos bare with me. No matter what it is you're doing. Running, singing, dancing bending, stretching...
          *blinks*
          Ok, ok... There are some limits.
          It's ok for you young 'uns, but you seriously don't want me to be doing that

Although...... I was hula-hooping earlier..........

er..........

Comment

*Wood like to point out to our guests that jumble hula hoops. Nekkid.*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              I am not saying that at all. Amanda wood not be an accomplice to any such thing! The law refers to shipping wine. people can bring wine in and out of Canada but they have to declare it with customs and are only allowed to bring in a limited amount. Heaven forbid you drink more than the people police think that you should.
              Glad you clarified that, I woodn't like to think of Amanda or Laurie been criminals

Oh I certainly can! I'm trying to convince Charles to let me take him to Andersons for his birthday dinner.
              Yay! So now you have two reasons to come down........ and I'll even let him play with my trains while you're offloading the tomatoes, so that makes three

Er...... in case anyone is wondering........ I DO actually mean the Thomas the Tank Engine type of trains......... I know how your WooHoo minds work........

Er, yeah. Let's put it this way, they wiped me out of booze - including 4 litres of vodka. I do have a tiny bit of Southern Comfort and some tequila left so I'm good for Alabama slammers at least. The annoying thing is, I hardly drank at all. Too busy mixing for everyone else... well up to a point then after that bleeding all over the place and trying to pretend I wasn't in excruciating agony with my hands. Ah I had a few drinks after that I can tell you. Alcohol may thin the blood (and probably why the bruising is taking so long to go down) but I needed the anaesthetic.
              Well as long as you had a good time.......

How are the hands now? *hugs*

Sheesh, yeah you can if you want. I'll put it back up just for you. I'll stand by the side wrapped up in my coat, scarf and mittens, and hold your knickers and towel for you... you go knock yerself out probably will on the ice that forms on the surface too!
              Ok........ but can I bring a friend to keep me from freezing to death?

I hear he's good up to minus 56 degrees.... or is that down to?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                *Wood like to point out to our guests that jumble hula hoops. Nekkid.*

Huh? But I didn't say......... I.......
                Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Wine_Buyer
                  Spoiler:
                  1. Current Law on Shipping

The important part of this law is section 3(1) which states:

Notwithstanding any other Act or law, no person shall import, send, take or transport, or cause to be imported, sent, taken or transported, into any province from or out of any place within or outside Canada any intoxicating liquor, except such as has been purchased by or on behalf of, and that is consigned to Her Majesty or the executive government of, the province into which it is being imported, sent, taken or transported, or any board, commission, officer or other governmental agency that, by the law of the province, is vested with the right of selling intoxicating liquor.

This section effectively makes it illegal to ship wine from one province to another or into a province from another country unless the wine is going to, or is otherwise authorized by, the governmental agency responsible for selling liquor within that province (e.g. the provincial liquor control board - in BC, that's the BC LDB). In other words, the federal law basically bans all shipment of liquor/wine across provincial borders or national borders unless the importation is authorized by the receiving province's liquor board.
                  Soooo..... what you're saying is that Laurie illegally smuggled that bottle of Sanctuary wine into Canada, and made Amanda her unwitting accomplice?

Let's just hope she's drunk the evidence by now.........
                  WHAT!!! Try and prove I did it........
                  sigpic

Comment

8 members and 2 guests. Whoo are the guests?

Wine Tasting is slow tonight and I am bored with looking up archaic liquor laws.
                    I did update our website. It still needs a lot of work and I have very little time so it will probably not get updated again until after vacation.

Good news is we leave for Vermont tomorrow morning and don't come back until Monday evening. My sister is taking care of the cats so I am just going to relaaaaaaaaaaaax and drink lots of wine.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yay! So now you have two reasons to come down........ and I'll even let him play with my trains while you're offloading the tomatoes, so that makes three
                      But then I'd have to drag Charles away from the trains... hmm, perhaps I should just leave him and Benjabubs playing while we do Andersons!

How are the hands now? *hugs*
                      Right hand still a bit bruised but itching like crazy which means healing so that's a good thing. Left hand... just the tip of my finger - not much sign of healing but it was a much deeper gash (he virtually sliced the tip of my finger off with his evil!claws) so will take a bit longer I guess.You should see the bruise on my tricep where he stuck his claws in good an proper...

Ok........ but can I bring a friend to keep me from freezing to death?

I hear he's good up to minus 56 degrees.... or is that down to?

Definitely! In fact, if a sponsored Woohoo skinny dip would be enough to bring Martin over here in February I'd do it. And we could raise money for S4K too... who's with me? ...

....yeah, there's gonna be takers for that one.

Huh? But I didn't say......... I.......
                      Hmmm
                      Yes, but we know you were.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        I just read this on one of the websites that gives advice on wine shipping. Cracked me up!
                        Disclamer: Mind you, this does not come from me and I do not in any way, shape or form advocate illegal activities of any sort.
                        Spoiler:
                        "I would just send the wine marked as olive oil and send it via whichever vendor your prefer. 999 out of 1000 cases you will have problems at all." anonymous
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the double post.

Here is another interesting wine shipping fact. Again, not mine.
                          Spoiler:
                          - USPS needs a warrant to open your mail. This involves paperwork. No one wants to deal with it, so unless you package is reeking of mj or leaking white powder out the corners, you are probably pretty safe sending things illegally via USPS.

- FedEx and UPS, on the other hand, can open your packages whenever they darn feel like it. However, they may be less likely to care about your illegal wine shipping because they are not the federal government.

These last two post are probably gonna get modded. I swear I am not advocating anything illegal. I post this for educational purposes only.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Darn! I didn't get a pic of that...... must have been distracted

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            8 members and 2 guests. Whoo are the guests?

Wine Tasting is slow tonight and I am bored with looking up archaic liquor laws.
                            I did update our website. It still needs a lot of work and I have very little time so it will probably not get updated again until after vacation.

Good news is we leave for Vermont tomorrow morning and don't come back until Monday evening. My sister is taking care of the cats so I am just going to relaaaaaaaaaaaax and drink lots of wine.
                            Good! That's just what you need

But then I'd have to drag Charles away from the trains... hmm, perhaps I should just leave him and Benjabubs playing while we do Andersons!
                            See? Don't I just have the best ideas???

Right hand still a bit bruised but itching like crazy which means healing so that's a good thing. Left hand... just the tip of my finger - not much sign of healing but it was a much deeper gash (he virtually sliced the tip of my finger off with his evil!claws) so will take a bit longer I guess.You should see the bruise on my tricep where he stuck his claws in good an proper...
                            .... and you've had him stuffed and mounted of course?

I wood have

Definitely! In fact, if a sponsored Woohoo skinny dip would be enough to bring Martin over here in February I'd do it. And we could raise money for S4K too... who's with me? ...

....yeah, there's gonna be takers for that one.
                            ...... or a nice sponsored walk on hot coals......... a swim with sharks..........

Yes, I'd do pretty much anything to get him over here

Yes, but we know you were.
                            Just practising, see above

Edit: @ Bree. A person after my own way of thinking

Comment

Hey Jumble, I bought you a bottle of the California Sanctuary wine and wanted to ship it too you as a surprise, but found out it would cost about $85 to ship it to you (legally!)
                              ......So now I will have to bring it in February. Thing is, I can't carry it on the plane but will have to pack it. So now I had to buy a (TSA approved) lock for my luggage and hope it gets there without anyone "testing" it first. Wonder if I'll have space for any clothes?
                              Hmmmm.....maybe I should just open it now and drink it and save the effort.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey, well did everyone disappear too!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X