The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Hello and a good morning to all (or good evening to some). Sorry Jumble you're still feeling sick. Just cuddle up in the "quilt" and stay warm and compy. Waves to *Bekki & +1* Huggles for (((((Jumble))))).

Don't work to hard Wendy. You need some time to relax and smooze with the people.

Watch the video, a lot of fun. A lovely farm. The kids seemed to be enjoying themselves especially the little girl. She loved the horses.
    Indeed she did, and has apparently not stopped talking about them ever since Her little brother loved it too, he just tends to keep all his excitement in side

Comment

*huggles Jumble* Sorry you're still sick, but good to see you back here Feel better soon!
      *huggles Bekki for boy disappointment* Life sucks sometimes, hey?
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hmmmmmm! Eating some delicious mini Heritage tomatoes for breakfast. Sooooo good.
        Have a whole day in front of me with no plans....love it. Well actually I have to rewrite a chapter in my book. I decided to almost totally rid the chapter of a character I don't really want to dominate so much.....a psychiatrist......I wrote about him and described him pretty good in the previous chapter (#17) but then decided he wasn't really necessary for the story after that point. So now I have to totally rewrite chapt 19. Such a pain, but better for the story. I'll have to keep an eye out for him in later chapters as well. So, I'm off to do some rewriting. See you all later.
        Last edited by llp; 03 September 2010, 09:03 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          *huggles Jumble* Sorry you're still sick, but good to see you back here Feel better soon!
          *huggles Bekki for boy disappointment* Life sucks sometimes, hey?
          Thanks! I'm testing out Martin's medicinal properties, hoping for some cheering up for me and a little settlement for the stomach area

Hmmmmmm! Eating some delicious mini Heritage tomatoes for breakfast. Sooooo good.
          Have a whole day in front of me with no plans....love it. Well actually I have to rewrite a chapter in my book. I decided to almost totally rid the chapter of a character I don't really want to dominate so much.....a psychiatrist......I wrote about him and described him pretty good in the previous chapter (#17) but then decided he wasn't really necessary for the story after that point. So now I have to totally rewrite chapt 19. Such a pain, but better for the story. I'll have to keep an eye out for him in later chapters as well. So, I'm off to do some rewriting. See you all later.
          .....and I'll try to get caught up over the weekend

Comment

Hi WooHoo's

No time for a proper catch up as life has taken a turn towards the complicated. I have spent most of yesterday afternoon and today trying to fix something that wasn't broken (so to speak). I will try to explain when I have more time.

LJ-Not sure about shipping to Canada. I have to look into specific laws etc.
            Laurie- Got you PM. Working on it.
            Jumble- Good to see you here. Please take care of yourself.
            Cags: read line above. ^^^

*huggles everyone*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              Hi WooHoo's

No time for a proper catch up as life has taken a turn towards the complicated. I have spent most of yesterday afternoon and today trying to fix something that wasn't broken (so to speak). I will try to explain when I have more time.

LJ-Not sure about shipping to Canada. I have to look into specific laws etc.
              Laurie- Got you PM. Working on it.
              Jumble- Good to see you here. Please take care of yourself.
              Cags: read line above. ^^^

*huggles everyone*
              Isn't that what I'm always telling you, to no avail??

Comment

*hugs all the WooHoos*
                That's all I've got. My legs hurt.
                But I could sing a song and start a campfire...
                *hands out broccoli and sings ''Turn! Turn! Turn!'' because she's in her Byrds phase*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Isn't that what I'm always telling you, to no avail??
                  Who? Me?
                  It is true and I never seem to listen but sometimes it really isn't my fault.

For instance, for the better part of the last two days I have been at war with Disney. It seems that when the bank messed with our accounts (remember that?) the lovely folks at the Disney Vacation Club stopped the automatic payments. I got a letter from them early this week that the account was being held and we wood have to pay interest on the amounts that they didn't take. WTF???
                  So I called the woman who sent the letter and called and called. It took her until yesterday to return the call. She spouted a bunch of legal double talk so I called my lawyer. He got results. Long story short I had to send a letter telling them to reinstate the auto payments, I do not have to pay extra interest, what they did was illegal, Char and I get to go to Disney on the 26th as planned.

LJ- here is another long story short:
                  Spoiler:
                  1. Current Law on Shipping

The important part of this law is section 3(1) which states:

Notwithstanding any other Act or law, no person shall import, send, take or transport, or cause to be imported, sent, taken or transported, into any province from or out of any place within or outside Canada any intoxicating liquor, except such as has been purchased by or on behalf of, and that is consigned to Her Majesty or the executive government of, the province into which it is being imported, sent, taken or transported, or any board, commission, officer or other governmental agency that, by the law of the province, is vested with the right of selling intoxicating liquor.

This section effectively makes it illegal to ship wine from one province to another or into a province from another country unless the wine is going to, or is otherwise authorized by, the governmental agency responsible for selling liquor within that province (e.g. the provincial liquor control board - in BC, that's the BC LDB). In other words, the federal law basically bans all shipment of liquor/wine across provincial borders or national borders unless the importation is authorized by the receiving province's liquor board.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, ok... Dutchie question, bare with me

The position in which you sit on your bum and you have your legs pulled up so that your knees are near your face and you can wrap your arms around them... *hopes that didn't sound icky*

How wood you describe that? Is ''pulling up your legs'' correct? Or should it be ''pulling up your knees''? Or is there any other way to not make it sound like cheap Pr0n?
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *hugs all the WooHoos*
                      *hands out broccoli and sings ''Turn! Turn! Turn!'' because she's in her Byrds phase*
                      Dare I ask what you've been doing to cause your legs to hurt?

Ah, The Byrds!

*sings

Hey Mr. Spaceman,
                      Won't you please take me along
                      I won't do anything wrong
                      Hey Mr. Spaceman,
                      Won't you please take me along
                      For a ride

Or

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
                      I'm not sleepy and there aint no place I'm going to.
                      Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
                      In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.

Take me for a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
                      All my senses have been stripped, and my hands can't feel to grip...

Hmm...... not sure I should be asking a couple of strange men to take me off somewhere

Who? Me?
                      It is true and I never seem to listen but sometimes it really isn't my fault.

For instance, for the better part of the last two days I have been at war with Disney. It seems that when the bank messed with our accounts (remember that?) the lovely folks at the Disney Vacation Club stopped the automatic payments. I got a letter from them early this week that the account was being held and we wood have to pay interest on the amounts that they didn't take. WTF???
                      So I called the woman who sent the letter and called and called. It took her until yesterday to return the call. She spouted a bunch of legal double talk so I called my lawyer. He got results. Long story short I had to send a letter telling them to reinstate the auto payments, I do not have to pay extra interest, what they did was illegal, Char and I get to go to Disney on the 26th as planned.
                      Glad you got it sorted out, you really need that vacation

LJ- here is another long story short:
                      Spoiler:
                      1. Current Law on Shipping

The important part of this law is section 3(1) which states:

Notwithstanding any other Act or law, no person shall import, send, take or transport, or cause to be imported, sent, taken or transported, into any province from or out of any place within or outside Canada any intoxicating liquor, except such as has been purchased by or on behalf of, and that is consigned to Her Majesty or the executive government of, the province into which it is being imported, sent, taken or transported, or any board, commission, officer or other governmental agency that, by the law of the province, is vested with the right of selling intoxicating liquor.

This section effectively makes it illegal to ship wine from one province to another or into a province from another country unless the wine is going to, or is otherwise authorized by, the governmental agency responsible for selling liquor within that province (e.g. the provincial liquor control board - in BC, that's the BC LDB). In other words, the federal law basically bans all shipment of liquor/wine across provincial borders or national borders unless the importation is authorized by the receiving province's liquor board.
                      Soooo..... what you're saying is that Laurie illegally smuggled that bottle of Sanctuary wine into Canada, and made Amanda her unwitting accomplice?

Let's just hope she's drunk the evidence by now.........

Comment

Ok, ok... Dutchie question, bare with me

The position in which you sit on your bum and you have your legs pulled up so that your knees are near your face and you can wrap your arms around them... *hopes that didn't sound icky*

How wood you describe that? Is ''pulling up your legs'' correct? Or should it be ''pulling up your knees''? Or is there any other way to not make it sound like cheap Pr0n?
                        You want us to be nekkid before we answer that question?

Um......... I think it wood be more accurately described as 'pulling your knees up under your chin'

And believe me, you really don't want me to do that nekkid!!

Edit: And does that answer my previous question?....

Comment

Ever tried to make head or tail of Windows Help and Support?

According to my Thesaurus, 'Help' = aid, assist, benefit, lend a hand, remedy....

Which is a pretty good description of what it doesn't do I'm sure it's designed to send us all running to the phone to call one of those very expensive Tech guys

But you know me with my 'I can do (almost) everything a man can do' attitude...........

So I just clicked on every tool I could find, diagnostic or otherwise, and it does seem to have solved a lot of the problems I was having with my laptop

*crosses fingers*

Of course, there is the other tried and tested method.....

Seriously, doesn't anybody have a bigger version of that pic?

Comment

Another sleepless night, another vid...

A Perfect Day

Oh I can't say I'm sorry for your sleepless night when you pop out such a wonderful video. Well, yes, I am sorry for the sleepless night but... aw you know what I mean! That was simply perfect. Suz has The Best Job Ever. I'm not a horsey person myself but seeing someone who loves them so much enjoying spending time with them is wonderful. And I want to go to that farm now. Thank you for sharing it with us.

One good thing about being in bed for several days - I got to rewatch lots of Martin's SG Special Features. You know, just to remind myself why I love him so much

<Very lazy and reluctant snip>

Oh such a hardship.

But I am sorry to hear you have been so poorly. Sounds just lovely... not. Massive super squishy get-well-soon huggles.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            Too true! Too true. Work missed that memo for the next couple of weeks, though.
                            Poobags to work.

Oh how many times have I uttered those words over the years. Just causally tell everyone Tesco's fuel is cheaper.

Incidently Bekki I see you've really taken a liking to that word. Good girl!

Indeed she did, and has apparently not stopped talking about them ever since Her little brother loved it too, he just tends to keep all his excitement in side
                            Just like a bloke that. Maddeningly frustrating sometimes.

Oh tomatoes... I wish you lived close, you could come relieve me of the several thousand I am being snowed under with in my garden. I don't even like them much (although home grown are always nicer). Either Benjabubs better get eating them or I'll have to beg the more domesticated types on here for decent recipes that don't involve bolognaise sauce of salsa.

Hi WooHoo's

Aw huggles *huggles*

and *huggles*

Feel free to rant and rave on here.

*hugs all the WooHoos*

Thanks, now I have that song in my head. Not a bad thing I might add.

Well summer is officially over here; the pool is down and packed away for the winter. I could have kept it a few more weeks but, uh, after Saturday it was more alcohol than water... and someone's underpants were floating in it, along with a number of soggy cocktail umbrellas and some unidentifiable things I'd rather not think about... no no, best to pack it away and try and erase memory.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Oh I can't say I'm sorry for your sleepless night when you pop out such a wonderful video. Well, yes, I am sorry for the sleepless night but... aw you know what I mean! That was simply perfect. Suz has The Best Job Ever. I'm not a horsey person myself but seeing someone who loves them so much enjoying spending time with them is wonderful. And I want to go to that farm now. Thank you for sharing it with us.
                              Thanks I do seem to get better vid results during sleepless nights

I have to disagree, I think I have The Best Job Ever, because I get to have fun with the kids and the animals without having to muck out the stables

Oh such a hardship.
                              Of course, I only do it for the..... healing quality

But I am sorry to hear you have been so poorly. Sounds just lovely... not. Massive super squishy get-well-soon huggles.
                              Thanks. I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to feel better It seems to take me longer to get over these things lately. Nice way to spend my last easy week

Poobags to work.

Oh how many times have I uttered those words over the years. Just causally tell everyone Tesco's fuel is cheaper.

Incidently Bekki I see you've really taken a liking to that word. Good girl!

Just like a bloke that. Maddeningly frustrating sometimes.
                              Not all blokes, but most of them it's true.

Oh tomatoes... I wish you lived close, you could come relieve me of the several thousand I am being snowed under with in my garden. I don't even like them much (although home grown are always nicer). Either Benjabubs better get eating them or I'll have to beg the more domesticated types on here for decent recipes that don't involve bolognaise sauce of salsa.
                              I eat a lot of tomatoes, and I LOVE home grown ones! Can't you bung some in a box and send them down to me?

Aw huggles *huggles*

and *huggles*

Feel free to rant and rave on here.

Thanks, now I have that song in my head. Not a bad thing I might add.

Well summer is officially over here; the pool is down and packed away for the winter. I could have kept it a few more weeks but, uh, after Saturday it was more alcohol than water... and someone's underpants were floating in it, along with a number of soggy cocktail umbrellas and some unidentifiable things I'd rather not think about... no no, best to pack it away and try and erase memory.
                              Sounds like the party went very well

So I guess we don't get to skinny-dip in February then? Aw

Comment

Ever tried to make head or tail of Windows Help and Support?

According to my Thesaurus, 'Help' = aid, assist, benefit, lend a hand, remedy....

Which is a pretty good description of what it doesn't do I'm sure it's designed to send us all running to the phone to call one of those very expensive Tech guys
                                Cynic!

Actually my own theory is the guys who write the help programme love their jobs/company/products so very much, they feel it absolutely necessary to divulge as much information about it as possible which we must read before we get to the "click that" bit (by which time most of us have given up and taken a hammer to our PCs).

But, for what it's worth, it continuously frustrates the crap out of me. I was trying to import a flowchart I'd done on Excel into Word the other day and could not, for the life of me, get it to do it properly. I clicked help... chocolate teapots come to mind.

In the end I ALWAYS end up googling stuff and that normally provides the answer I really want. Quickly, concisely and without all the waffle.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X