The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Why thank you! I'm just glad I managed to avoid that rather large lorry that turned in front of us Scary!
    What lorry?!

Must have been when I was asleep, and why you laughed when I said "what a smooth journey it's been".

And can I just say - RED LIQUORICE!!!! Yum!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      And you must've known it'd be me, right.
      I wood've put money on it

Yes, that's the one. Actually we were there as adults too. We stayed in a cottage in Portreath (one week) and Mawnan Smith the following and toured all over the place. That was just after I passed my driving test and the first time Charles let me lose on his Senator... down narrow Cornish roads... brave, brave man.
      I was last there 29 years ago, and I'm sure there was more of that model village back then I need to find the relevant photo album and check. They had serious floods in 1976 and 1993, so I'm thinking maybe some of it got lost

Ah no, collecting stuff isn't a fetish... it's what you do with it afterwards that makes it that. And, as you have loads of respect for the man, you only have honourable intentions for your Martin memorabilia.
      I do, yes...... Surprisingly, I've been asked several times whether I've worn his t-shirt, which I woodn't dream of doing! That just seems........... weird Just to know that I have it makes me smile

I really like those two. I wonder what Amanda was looking so pleased/shocked about in the bottom one?
      If you look closely, you'll see that she has tears in her eyes. She was overwhelmed by the amount of money people were prepared to give to S4K, and by how much love she could feel being spread around, so she was actually quite tearful for a lot of the time *hugs her*

It is! He has hands; they look divine and you're getting to see them up close. Awesome!

*waves to Oma*
      Yes............ and I guess I shouldn't really finish that thought out loud.......

Hey, it was just a thought
      Last edited by Jumble; 23 August 2010, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        What lorry?!

Must have been when I was asleep, and why you laughed when I said "what a smooth journey it's been".

It was a smooth journey - you stayed asleep in your seat, didn't you?

Comment

*hurtles in*

GuesswhatguesswhatguesswhatguessWHATTTTTT??????

I GOT IT!!!!!! WooHoooooood!!!! *bounces*

Outstanding!! You certainly deserve it! Hope you enjoy them!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
            Outstanding!! You certainly deserve it! Hope you enjoy them!!
            Thank you, I'm sure I will

I did think briefly about maybe putting them into the next SE auction to raise more money for S4K..................... briefly.......

Not a chance!!! I might just pay them to let me keep them
            Last edited by Jumble; 23 August 2010, 04:46 AM.

Comment

*belated get well hugs for Cags*
              ...Just in case it comes back. Oherwise, you can put the hug in a jar for when you need it.

Glad the WooHoo Roadtrippers have arrived home savely*

WooHood for winning the bid, jumble!

*hugs WooHoos*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                ...Just in case it comes back. Oherwise, you can put the hug in a jar for when you need it.
                Ooooooh! I didn't realise you could put hugs in a jar for later........... otherwise I wood have saved up a few of those Martinhugs

Glad the WooHoo Roadtrippers have arrived home safely*

WooHood for winning the bid, jumble!

*hugs WooHoos*
                *grabs Nad and dances her all around the WooHoo house*

Who'd have thought a couple of name badges could cause such glee?

I guess in my case it just doesn't take much

Comment

Why thank you. I shall do just that. My penny jar is fairly empty these days so there's room.

*huggles backatcha*

Ooooooh! I didn't realise you could put hugs in a jar for later........... otherwise I wood have saved up a few of those Martinhugs

Ah but now you have an excuse to go back and collect some more one day.

... like you need any more excuses.

Name badges causing glee? Hmm, nope, woodn't have thought of that...although... I found my old Sainsbury's "Area Systems Team" name badge the other day, hiding in a drawer. That bought back some happy tanked-up-on-stress-adrenalin-and-cheap-wine-in-cheaper-hotels memories.
                  sigpic

Comment

You do? Wood that be the Picture?
                    ...What picture?

Yes!

*grabs Nad and dances her all around the WooHoo house*

Who'd have thought a couple of name badges could cause such glee?

I guess in my case it just doesn't take much
                    Nah, sorry. It doesn't go for the Special Hugs. Those must be enjoyed on the scene at that one specific moment. Otherwise they go up in air...

And now I feel dizzy from being twirled around.
                    I must give a fistpump for the glee, though

EDIT: Thanks for he hugs back, Cags!
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Why thank you. I shall do just that. My penny jar is fairly empty these days so there's room.
                      *huggles backatcha*

Ah but now you have an excuse to go back and collect some more one day.

... like you need any more excuses.
                      No....... what I do need is a win on the lottery and a date for SE2

Although I'm afraid by then the hypnosis will have worn off and he'll have realised that he really does need to get that extra Security organized........

Name badges causing glee? Hmm, nope, woodn't have thought of that...although... I found my old Sainsbury's "Area Systems Team" name badge the other day, hiding in a drawer. That bought back some happy tanked-up-on-stress-adrenalin-and-cheap-wine-in-cheaper-hotels memories.
                      I'm sorry Cags, but that really doesn't compare.......... although I'm guessing some of those memories wood prove quite entertaining

...What picture?

Yes!

Nah, sorry. It doesn't go for the Special Hugs. Those must be enjoyed on the scene at that one specific moment. Otherwise they go up in air...
                      Aw, shame But of course, I did enjoy them thoroughly at the time, and I never really was any good at saving things for later

And now I feel dizzy from being twirled around.
                      I must give a fistpump for the glee, though
                      Oh yeah, *fistpumps as well*

*huggles Nad*

Comment

Morning Woohoos!

Anyone else here have cats? I have 2 of the beasties and they got the devil in them this morning. OMG. My antique cast-iron lamp came crashing down. Fortunately with no damage to the lamp or the floor!

1. Uhm, excuse me but isn't the point of Twitter to say what you feel in your own little domain? if they don't like your ship bashing they should just Fish off!

2. Well done Jumble! I can't think of a more deserving MW fan to get it than you.
                        1. For realz. I understand why this is a rule on GW, but it's twitter for crying out loud. And all I said was I didn't get it. Oh well. Fangirls will be fangirls.

2. Agreed.

He was probably so high on life and broccoli when he wrote it that he thought it was illegible.... or he's so awesome it needs ot be said twice.
                        LOL

Oh, I meant to post these last night, but GW was down and then I forgot

LameMoose (Mocha) sent me these......

Aw, thanks for sharing.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Although I'm afraid by then the hypnosis will have worn off and he'll have realised that he really does need to get that extra Security organized........

I'm sorry Cags, but that really doesn't compare.......... although I'm guessing some of those memories wood prove quite entertaining
                          No, probably not. In fact definitely not, but yes, heavens we didn't half redefine the meaning of "work-hard-play-hard" back in the day. We spent so much time together we were like this tight knit little family. It was pretty special.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          Anyone else here have cats? I have 2 of the beasties and they got the devil in them this morning. OMG. My antique cast-iron lamp came crashing down. Fortunately with no damage to the lamp or the floor!

Morning MOB! Yes, yes, I have two myself. Both mine are old and lazy these days so no destruction of furniture but I do have the odd pile of sick to clear up.

1. For realz. I understand why this is a rule on GW, but it's twitter for crying out loud. And all I said was I didn't get it. Oh well. Fangirls will be fangirls.
                          Exactly. Just out of interest, which ship is it that you don't get?

Urgh, best go pick up the little man and settle in for an afternoon of wiping up wee.
                          sigpic

Comment

Celebratory Martinspam...

LOVE that beard

Last edited by Jumble; 23 August 2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

1. Morning MOB! Yes, yes, I have two myself. Both mine are old and lazy these days so no destruction of furniture but I do have the odd pile of sick to clear up.

2. Exactly. Just out of interest, which ship is it that you don't get?

3. Urgh, best go pick up the little man and settle in for an afternoon of wiping up wee.
                              1. Yes, right after that, one of the kitties decided his tummy didn't agree with him. I deal with every bodily fluid imaginable on a day-to-day basis but vomit is my very least favorite.

2. Spoilered to not offend anyone.
                              Spoiler:
                              Helen/Will on Sanctuary. I just can't get over the mother/son vibe I get from them. Or it could be my antipathy towards the character of Will. I ship Magnus with just about anyone BUT her young employees.

3. Enjoy!
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

MoB that's crazy about the Twitter thing, hope you told them where to go!

And yes, I have two pusscats too! Mine are very little, just turned 12 weeks and have lots of mad moments so I know what you mean . Fun to watch though

I forgot to say, congrats on winning the items Jumbly, how exciting ! I didn't even know you'd bid on them!

EDIT: MoB no need for spoilering around here, we all respect each other's opinions whether or not we agree with them . Personally, I totally agree. I just don't see with Helen and Will the romantic thing, he's too young. Magnus and Druitt now...

Comment

Working...
                                X