The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
    Yes, that's the one. Total guilty pleasure of mine. I adore that song, homogenised, sugar coated depiction of love and romance and everything.

Good luck at HIGH school tomorrow.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Please tell me that's not a cover of the Dire Straits song...: S

You mean this one?

Nooo....nooo, definitely not. This is a much more realistic depiction of what it's like...Although... how 80's is that video? And how tight are that guy's trousers? Oh my!

Oh but here's a cover of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87cLy...eature=related Not actually too bad, if you ignore the fact that all the mastery and skill of the guitar playing is stripped away. Which, let's face it, is why Dire Straits are so amazing.

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Now who's being mean? I hope you don't mind getting that dressing gown wet, because you'll be joining us in that icy pool ; )

Oh dear. I think I shall have to make sure the pool is well and truely put away for the winter. Mind you, I just had a delivery of booze. You know how much I already had when you were here? Well, there's lots more now. The only drawback/advantage to cocktail parties is you have to have one of everything to be able to make everything. But if you pour enough of that down my throat I don't think I'll even feel the water temperature, never mind care!

Actually, never mind working your way through the cabinet; if you just pour what's left of the absinthe down my throat that'll probably do it.

Now you know why Woody is purple ; ): P

Well a purple Woody defintely sounds more appealing than a green one.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    *huggles*
    So it's true that English people always like talking about the weather! : lol :
    Yes.

Actually I own a great book called "Watching The English" which is all about the study of English ways and the author has a lot to say about weatherspeak. And queuing - which is something else we excel at. We're so good at it, we've been known to form queues of one.

Sorry if I don't write too much but sometimes it's tiring writing in a foreign languange!: P
    Oh I'd agree with Jumble on that. You do a great job. And if you ever need anyone to translate....er... the only Italian I know is what my sleazy half-Italian ex-boyfriend told me while he was trying to get in my...er.. well, you know.

Gah, he's one of those "what was I thinking" exes. Big nose, is what I was thinking.

And moreover I was making this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nekjnHUW-CY
    Oh nice! I left you a comment.

Better idea wood be to give the beer to the mums-to-be ; ) Or a hefty slug of whisky : D

I'll second that. I sure wish I'd been drunker when I was in labour. I've heard from a paramedic friend that gas and air (entonox) and vodka is a winning combination.

Oh I definitely felt that! Couldn't get enough of it, although I found it hard to navigate what with the way the streets are laid out. But then, navigation never was my strong point. Ask Sarai : o
    Are the streets laid out in blocks like in most American cities? That always confused me. I like the UK higgledy piggledy way better.

Oh, and I found that pic of the play fountains at Coal Beach

The red sunshades at the back are where the restaurant is : )
    Oh that's looks amazing! I want to see that first hand one day.

Hmm, how do I convince Charles to take me there? He's one of those blokes who thinks holidays should consist of lying on the beach for 90% of the time. I mean he'll happily wander around Greek ruins with me so long as there's a beach nearby. Me? I couldn't give a stuff if there's a beach so long as I've got something to explore. Mexico was the perfect holiday for us since it had it all - although I was so sick that I missed both Tulum and Coba and I'm still a bit upset about that, because I can't see me ever going back there.

*huggles Nik* Good to hear from you. rest up, milk the sympathy and help around the home.

Woohoo Jann! Sounds like it's all going well.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      1. You know, back in the day, they used to treat pre-term labor with IV alcohol. Just sayin
      Ah, the Good Old Days

4. I had my portable GPS that I just plugged into my rental, but after a few times out, I was okay with the navigation. It's a pretty small city. I've lived in Brooklyn for 2 years and still don't know my way around, lol. After 12 years in Manhattan, Bk is way confusing.
      I had mine with me too. It has Pedestrian Mode, but for some reason woodn't work for me

But then, I can get lost in my own kitchen, so it's a good thing Sarai could find her way around

Originally posted by penjab View Post
      Jumble, I think I like the second one in the spoilers the best. You look great and it looks very natural.
      Thank you

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      *runz in*

I got the ticket!!!! See you all in Februaryyyy!!!

*runz out*
      WooHoooood!!!!

*grabs Dee and happy dances her around the WooHoo House*

Originally posted by penjab View Post
      Ok, do you belong to a nudist colony?
      We all do, don't you?

Don't worry, it's just something us Hippy WooHoos like to do when we're happy

Well, some of us do

Jann, sounds good!
      Last edited by Jumble; 18 August 2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Oh dear. I think I shall have to make sure the pool is well and truely put away for the winter. Mind you, I just had a delivery of booze. You know how much I already had when you were here? Well, there's lots more now. The only drawback/advantage to cocktail parties is you have to have one of everything to be able to make everything. But if you pour enough of that down my throat I don't think I'll even feel the water temperature, never mind care!

Actually, never mind working your way through the cabinet; if you just pour what's left of the absinthe down my throat that'll probably do it.
        No problem. Where do you keep the funnel?

Well a purple Woody defintely sounds more appealing than a green one.

OMG! Sooo glad I was neither eating or drinking when I read that - I've cleaned the kitchen already today

I'll second that. I sure wish I'd been drunker when I was in labour. I've heard from a paramedic friend that gas and air (entonox) and vodka is a winning combination.
        Doh! Nobody told me that I'd have swapped the Pethadin for alcohol, definitely!

Are the streets laid out in blocks like in most American cities? That always confused me. I like the UK higgledy piggledy way better.
        They are I'm used to recognising where I am by the shape of the road and whatever landmarks I know, so that system doesn't work for me The road signs are well placed and highly visible, but what use is that if I can't remember the name of the one I'm looking for?

Oh that's looks amazing! I want to see that first hand one day.

Hmm, how do I convince Charles to take me there? He's one of those blokes who thinks holidays should consist of lying on the beach for 90% of the time. I mean he'll happily wander around Greek ruins with me so long as there's a beach nearby. Me? I couldn't give a stuff if there's a beach so long as I've got something to explore. Mexico was the perfect holiday for us since it had it all - although I was so sick that I missed both Tulum and Coba and I'm still a bit upset about that, because I can't see me ever going back there.
        That's fine, he can lay on the beach all day while we go off sightseeing and ......... stuff

Have to pop out, assuming I can stop giggling long enough to remember where I'm supposed to be going

Comment

Cags I've never seen that video before, is that really the official one? Awesome.

And I actually really like the Killers cover version of the song, although yes, you do lose all the mastery of guitar playing. It always amazes me that Mark Knopfler never even gets a mention in any of those "greatest guitar player" countdowns they do .

Oh look...Martin in a blanket!

Comment

*cough* Sarai! Can we have him out of that blanket, pretty please?

Comment

Ah, the Good Old Days

I had mine with me too. It has Pedestrian Mode, but for some reason woodn't work for me

But then, I can get lost in my own kitchen, so it's a good thing Sarai could find her way around
              LOL. Awesome.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

No problem. Where do you keep the funnel? : D: D

In the cupboard next to the dishwasher with the cat foo.... hey! Why am I helping you?

OMG! Sooo glad I was neither eating or drinking when I read that - I've cleaned the kitchen already today : D : D: D

Pht, some people have such disgusting minds.

Doh! Nobody told me that I'd have swapped the Pethadin for alcohol, definitely!

I don't think they let you do that in an actual hospital, more's the pity. I would have taken a shot of voddy over it too. I had pethadin and it was too close to the actual birth - not my midwife's fault I stress; I progressed, shall we say, somewhat quickly - but it's probably one reason why the whole thing went t*ts up in the end and Benjabubs ended being yanked out by the giant salad tongs, resuscitated and whisked off to special care while I lay there nursing my sore...er...yeah... and wondering what the heck just happened.

Yeah, alcohol would have been better.

They are I'm used to recognising where I am by the shape of the road and whatever landmarks I know, so that system doesn't work for me The road signs are well placed and highly visible, but what use is that if I can't remember the name of the one I'm looking for? : o

See me too. I find navigating much easier if I'm looking out for landmarks.

That's fine, he can lay on the beach all day while we go off sightseeing and ......... stuff ; )

DanSpotting? MartinHunting?

*has mental image of Jumble behind Woody's wheel, meandering all over the road giggling*

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Cags I've never seen that video before, is that really the official one? Awesome.

And I actually really like the Killers cover version of the song, although yes, you do lose all the mastery of guitar playing. It always amazes me that Mark Knopfler never even gets a mention in any of those "greatest guitar player" countdowns they do .
                yes, that's the official one (oh you just made me feel old ) andd yes, why is that he never gets mentioned. He's awesome and an amazing guitarist. Then again, I saw a documentary on great drummers a while back and nobody mentioned Phil Collins or Chester Thomson. If you'd seen their awesome drum duet... live.... you'd be jaw on the floor amazed by it.
                I did see it; Wembley Stadium July 1987. I was there in my white jumpsuit with red plastic belt, red plastic dangly hoop earrings and red stilletoes (and no I don't have pictures ) And hey, they were filming for the video that very night so this is the actual one I saw:

Mmmm. Just like pigs in blankets; scrummy, yummy, mouthwateringly good and you just want more and more.

(better looking mind)
                sigpic

Comment

LOL. Awesome.
                  Hey! It's a big kitchen. And there are...... distractions

Watching Morse, I saw the Oxford University Press and thought "Ha! I pass that on the way to Josiane's!" See? Give me landmarks and bendy roads and a really good SatNav, and I can find my way anywhere

Comment

*runz in, grabs Joe, HUUUUUUG!*

*runz out*
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey! It's a big kitchen. And there are...... distractions

Watching Morse, I saw the Oxford University Press and thought "Ha! I pass that on the way to Josiane's!" See? Give me landmarks and bendy roads and a really good SatNav, and I can find my way anywhere
                      Having seen the photos of your walls, I understand.

See, I'm all about nicely designed city blocks. That's what I loved about Manhattan and dislike about Brooklyn, LOL.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        In the cupboard next to the dishwasher with the cat foo.... hey! Why am I helping you?
                        Because you know you want to!

Pht, some people have such disgusting minds.

Yeah, it was you that said it

I don't think they let you do that in an actual hospital, more's the pity. I would have taken a shot of voddy over it too. I had pethadin and it was too close to the actual birth - not my midwife's fault I stress; I progressed, shall we say, somewhat quickly - but it's probably one reason why the whole thing went t*ts up in the end and Benjabubs ended being yanked out by the giant salad tongs, resuscitated and whisked off to special care while I lay there nursing my sore...er...yeah... and wondering what the heck just happened.

Yeah, alcohol would have been better.
                        You can get.... broccoli on prescription these days, why not alcohol during childbirth? At least that way we'd all be happy about laying on a really uncomfortable bench with wires attached here there and everywhere whilst having our nether regions inspected and prodded by total strangers

See me too. I find navigating much easier if I'm looking out for landmarks.
                        See above

DanSpotting? MartinHunting?
                        Well I can do that, if you insist

*has mental image of Jumble behind Woody's wheel, meandering all over the road giggling*

Sssshhhhhhhh!! I'm driving Josiane and Sarai down to Cornwall on Friday

Mmmm. Just like pigs in blankets; scrummy, yummy, mouthwateringly good and you just want more and more.

(better looking mind)
                        You forgot the awesome aroma! You can't forget that

*waits patiently for Sarai to come back and remove that blanket......*

Comment

Having seen the photos of your walls, I understand.
                          *nods* Still...if you see it in real life it still blows your mind So much on that wall!!

Back to my American school/uni experience...I love being able to take a nap between classes*stretches*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *nods* Still...if you see it in real life it still blows your mind So much on that wall!!

Back to my American school/uni experience...I love being able to take a nap between classes*stretches*
                            You're out of touch Jann, it's all been changed now and l can assure you, mind blowing it definitely is

*waves to LJ as she runz off with Joe........ again *

Aw, can you believe it? It's raining! And we're all going to a family bbq at the farm later

And whilst I'm moaning, I'd like to get hold of the guy (yes, I'm sure it was a guy) that invented my travel cot You know the one. Where you have to pullupthemiddletagwhilstsimultaneouslydislocatingallfourhingesbecauseyou'reawomanFCOLandofcourseyou'vegottwopairsofhands

Pfft!
                            Last edited by Jumble; 18 August 2010, 07:22 AM.

Comment

You're out of touch Jann, it's all been changed now and l can assure you, mind blowing it definitely is
                              All changed...I need an updated picture then... I like to visualize remember!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                All changed...I need an updated picture then... I like to visualize remember!
                                See what you miss when you go swanning off to the US and get distracted by all those hot boys?

clicky^^

Edit: I've just realised there's one that hasn't made it into a frame yet! Where the heck am I going to put it? AND it's a toolpic *wails* I might have to sacrifice the teddy *shakes head*

Or the clock! Yes, I'll sacrifice the clock! *feelz better*

*waves nervously at guest*

Comment

Working...
                                X