Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    That's the place! We had lunch there just before our seaplane flight
    Yay! They had so many good fuds that I wanted to try. But the mussels and the salmon (and the wine!) were quite delish. Next year, I'm doing a seaplane flight and the paragliding at Grouse Mtn. Both looked super fun, but I had to save something for the next trip!

Ok, this is where I start to earn the humungous amount of money I'm being paid today - off to the park with 6 very boisterous children

And we'll see which one of us gets the muddiest................
    I too vote you. It's always the caretaker. Just sayin.

Have a lovely day all! I may actually be on a bit today (providing the workplace has not yet blocked GW) because the clinic I'm at today, I may not have any pts for an hour then 5 will come at once. Excitement, excitement!

((((((((woohoos)))))))))
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      I vote you get the muddiest! That's the most fun

There's something in the thought of being muddy and Martin having a shower sponge handy...
      Good thing I didn't see that suggestion before I left! I actually needed to concentrate

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      Thank you Jumble. It started off as just busy, then I was exhausted and then sick. I've still got a cough. Boo. And my wisdom tooth has decided to grow. I'm still gonna wait for my scheduled dentist appointment though because it isn't killing me, just sore.

I watched this "new driver" video that went on and on about statistics... not so nice

*huggles* Good luck with the children at the park! Sounds like a hard job!

Love the Martin gifs Especially the sunglasses one
      Ignore statistics, they don't apply to you

Oh we had fun, and I didn't get that muddy .... really

And that's another £300 in the travel fund

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Yay! They had so many good fuds that I wanted to try. But the mussels and the salmon (and the wine!) were quite delish. Next year, I'm doing a seaplane flight and the paragliding at Grouse Mtn. Both looked super fun, but I had to save something for the next trip!
      Sarai had the mussels and I wanted to try them, but since I'd never had them before and we were about to take a seaplane flight which I had also never done before, I decided against it

I too vote you. It's always the caretaker. Just sayin.
      Have a lovely day all! I may actually be on a bit today (providing the workplace has not yet blocked GW) because the clinic I'm at today, I may not have any pts for an hour then 5 will come at once. Excitement, excitement!

((((((((woohoos)))))))))
      I'm starting to sense a conspiracy

Are you actually on the labour ward? What do you do when 5 pts all come in at once?

Opened PS earlier and this popped out.....

*waves to guests*

Comment

1. Sarai had the mussels and I wanted to try them, but since I'd never had them before and we were about to take a seaplane flight which I had also never done before, I decided against it

2. I'm starting to sense a conspiracy

3. Are you actually on the labour ward? What do you do when 5 pts all come in at once?
        1. Have to save something for next time, right?

2. *whistles*

3. No, today I am in clinic. (I'm actually in clinic ALL week, boo). People tend to think clinic appointment times are general guidelines and not actual times, and they are ALLOWED to come 2 hours late with no repercussions, so it can really mess up your day! But 5 people coming in at once in the labor room is not uncommon. I work in the busiest L&D in NY State. We don't call it the baby factory for nothing! 8,000 births a year with the space and staffing to do about (MAYBE) 1/2 that.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*hugs Wendy for cough and sore teeth*

*hugs Nik* Hope the surgery went fine and everything will be okay soon!

Glad you're having fun Jann, but just you be careful and take care of yourself.

*takes off Mom hat*
          I am doing that...I don't even have an hangover....just tired because I went so late to sleep. Plus I think I drunk less yesterday evening than at the woohoo meeting I just thought it was more
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            1. Have to save something for next time, right?

2. *whistles*

3. No, today I am in clinic. (I'm actually in clinic ALL week, boo). People tend to think clinic appointment times are general guidelines and not actual times, and they are ALLOWED to come 2 hours late with no repercussions, so it can really mess up your day! But 5 people coming in at once in the labor room is not uncommon. I work in the busiest L&D in NY State. We don't call it the baby factory for nothing! 8,000 births a year with the space and staffing to do about (MAYBE) 1/2 that.
            Too late, I had mussels at Anderson's last week

Oh, I know all about people not understanding about appointment times Drives me NUTS!!!! I myself have a major obsession with being on time, if not early, for absolutely everything, and I (unreasonably) expect the same of everyone around me

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            *hugs Wendy for cough and sore teeth*

*hugs Nik* Hope the surgery went fine and everything will be okay soon!

I am doing that...I don't even have an hangover....just tired because I went so late to sleep. Plus I think I drunk less yesterday evening than at the woohoo meeting I just thought it was more
            Which proves that when you've had a drink your judgement becomes impaired

Ok, I'm not going to lecture you. You're an intelligent girl and you know the risks, so I'll just say again 'Be Careful!' and leave it at that *hugs*

So... remember last December when I did the makeover/photoshoot that produced this pic?

Today I received the disc containing the pics that we didn't buy at the time. I've uploaded a few to show off

Spoiler:

What I woodn't give to look like that without the hour-long make-up/hair session, the lighting, and whatever Photoshopping has been done

Comment

So... remember last December when I did the makeover/photoshoot that produced this pic?

Today I received the disc containing the pics that we didn't buy at the time. I've uploaded a few to show off

What I woodn't give to look like that without the hour-long make-up/hair session, the lighting, and whatever Photoshopping has been done
              Those are great pictures Jumble. But I think the one you picket was the creme de la resistance! Excellent choice!

Hey Jumble
              Last edited by llp; 17 August 2010, 09:30 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

You think so? I must have thought it was the best at the time, but now I prefer the first and fourth ones in the spoilers

Btw, you really should remove the [img] and [/img] tags, otherwise the mods will slap your wrist

Comment

OMG You look awesome there Jumble! Those pictures are all gorgeous! Amazing!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    OMG You look awesome there Jumble! Those pictures are all gorgeous! Amazing!
                    I do don't I? Like I said, make-up, lighting, PS-ing

You know, that trip to Vangroovy has changed my life in a lot of ways. Apart from the obvious, I've also become addicted to Sockeye Salmon and maple syrup almonds. What I'm going to do when the stuff I brought back with me runs out I do not know I could find myself in serious withdrawal

Maybe I should start planning to go back

Comment

Okay, did as requested, but now I don't get to see your lovely face. I have to click on something to get it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I do don't I? Like I said, make-up, lighting, PS-ing

You know, that trip to Vangroovy has changed my life in a lot of ways. Apart from the obvious, I've also become addicted to Sockeye Salmon and maple syrup almonds. What I'm going to do when the stuff I brought back with me runs out I do not know I could find myself in serious withdrawal

Maybe I should start planning to go back
                        Hey, you can come an visit me and then we can drive over to Vancouver and stay a few days (in a less expensive hotel) and have some fun.....whom I wonder how many wine bottles....oh never mind. Just have fun!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Okay, did as requested, but now I don't get to see your lovely face. I have to click on something to get it.
                          I know, it's sad, but it had to be done. Thanks

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Hey, you can come an visit me and then we can drive over to Vancouver and stay a few days (in a less expensive hotel) and have some fun.....whom I wonder how many wine bottles....oh never mind. Just have fun!
                          Ooooh! You mean you'll take me back to the magic city? *bounces*

Can you remember the way back to Burnaby? Because I really couldn't bear to be that close and not go and see Martin

Comment

I guess I should make up for the Jumblespam by making a Martinspam Oh the hardship!!!

(and I've seen those eyes up really close *faints*)

(and I have another version of that which I'm huggling close to myself I know I know,
                            selfish of me )

(and I've seen the tool in use as well, but didn't dare ask for an explanation or personal
                            demo )

Oh, don't frown at me like that! What did you expect?

*sigh* Love that beardy look....

Are you watching me? Ooooops!

Comment

Here's my beautiful Suz...........

*hugs her*

Comment

Here's my beautiful Suz...........

*hugs her*
                                Love this picture....you have a beautiful daughter....and I didn't feel like removing the IMG .........so there!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X