Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Yeah, I feel soooo sorry for you

I feel the sympathy from all over the ocean!

Seriously, I'm glad you're settling in so well and making friends
    Did you expect anything else Had the morning off though...nothing to do...
    Now of to lunch with a friend
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      *flops on Woohoo couch*
      *waves to everyone*
      *is too tired to say anything else right now*
      *jumps up and down next to Josi*

*hugs her for being so tired*
      Last edited by starlover; 16 August 2010, 09:48 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

*huggles Josi*

*gives her a cup of tea*

Comment

Sneaking in for less than a minute!
          Question for Jumble, Cags, Sarai, Wendy and Josi (and any UK'ers I may have missed :
          Is there a place that is sort of in the middle of where you all live?
          Might make it easier for us when we're trying to figure out where we're going to stay.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            Sneaking in for less than a minute!
            Question for Jumble, Cags, Sarai, Wendy and Josi (and any UK'ers I may have missed :
            Is there a place that is sort of in the middle of where you all live?
            Might make it easier for us when we're trying to figure out where we're going to stay.
            Well I don't know what the others will recommend but if you are looking for somewhere in the middle and somewhere nice to stay and see something of England that's waaaay more beautiful than London (sorry Cags ) I would suggest the Peak District.

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/

http://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/

In terms of being in the middle of the Woohoos that's about halfway in between me and Josi, Jumble and Cags, very close to Wendy but unfortunately miles away from Oma. But then she's miles away from everything

Comment

Peak District's a good suggestion, it's very pretty Or, nearer my way, the Cotswolds are lovely too, and very English! Really though, the UK is both very small and full of interesting things, so probably most places are good bases. Plus if we know you're coming we can all arrange a Woohoomeet anyway
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

And because my geekery knows no bounds, I've just plotted us super-quick on a map: here The locations aren't exact exact, obviously I've not plotted us all to the street & house (!) just dumped the markers roughly in the right towns, but it'll give you an idea.

The Peak District is kind of around where it says Derby, so pretty much in the middle.
                sigpic

Comment

Depending on when they're planning on coming, weren't we thinking of getting a holiday cottage in the Peak District to meet in next year? This could work out really well *bounces*

I haven't booked my holiday dates for next year yet........

7 year old studying the pics on my wall earlier...

"Those pictures are really nice. My favourite is the one where he's kissing your cheek. But I don't like the one where he's hugging you - I can't see your pretty face!"

Awwww! Love really is blind

Comment

Hello Woohoos!!

I'm ready for my classes now, let the crazyness begin!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

If there's a big UK WooHoo meet next year, I'm coming!
                      *fistpump*
                      Yeah.
                      *blinks*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Depending on when they're planning on coming, weren't we thinking of getting a holiday cottage in the Peak District to meet in next year? This could work out really well *bounces*

I haven't booked my holiday dates for next year yet........

7 year old studying the pics on my wall earlier...

"Those pictures are really nice. My favourite is the one where he's kissing your cheek. But I don't like the one where he's hugging you - I can't see your pretty face!"

Awwww! Love really is blind
                        That is so sweet! Out of the mouths of babes comes the truth!

Thanks for the info Sarai, Jumble, Cags and Josi. (Can't believe I forgot Oma! Sorry Oma. )
                        Jumble, when is this cottage thing going to happen? Char has to be careful about when she can take a vaca but if it's within a certain time period it may work out. *hopeful bounce*
                        sigpic

Comment

*bounces and happy dances*
                          That'd be AWESOME!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            *hugs WooHoos*

If there's a big UK WooHoo meet next year, I'm coming!
                            *fistpump*
                            Yeah.
                            *blinks*

We've got that in writing, so we'll hold you to it

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            That is so sweet! Out of the mouths of babes comes the truth!
                            *looks at mirror* *watches it crack*

Thanks for the info Sarai, Jumble, Cags and Josi. (Can't believe I forgot Oma! Sorry Oma. )
                            Jumble, when is this cottage thing going to happen? Char has to be careful about when she can take a vaca but if it's within a certain time period it may work out. *hopeful bounce*
                            No dates fixed yet. We all need to co-ordinate on that. What time period are you looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              Well I don't know what the others will recommend but if you are looking for somewhere in the middle and somewhere nice to stay and see something of England that's waaaay more beautiful than London (sorry Cags ) I would suggest the Peak District.

Pht! What's wrong with London? Huh? Huh? I mean it's dirty and smelly and congested and, at the moment doubly so while they rip up everything to make it pretty for the Olympics and... ohh.... huh, that's whats wrong with London.

Seriously, I agree with Sarai. Everyone comes to London and, sure, there's things about it you *have* to see if you're never going to come here again (Camden Market on a Saturday afternoon, St Pauls Catherdral, Covent Garden, The Natural History Museum, The Tower of London and the crown jewels...oh I could go on, and I do have a very love/hate relationship and I'm not even a real Londoner because I live on the outskirts) but there are other parts of this beautiful country that are just amazing and wonderful and so beautiful. It's a shame so many tourists concentrate on the big smoke and forget the rest if it exists. Do see it. If you can.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Pht! What's wrong with London? Huh? Huh? I mean it's dirty and smelly and congested and, at the moment doubly so while they rip up everything to make it pretty for the Olympics and... ohh.... huh, that's whats wrong with London.

Seriously, I agree with Sarai. Everyone comes to London and, sure, there's things about it you *have* to see if you're never going to come here again (Camden Market on a Saturday afternoon, St Pauls Catherdral, Covent Garden, The Natural History Museum, The Tower of London and the crown jewels...oh I could go on, and I do have a very love/hate relationship and I'm not even a real Londoner because I live on the outskirts) but there are other parts of this beautiful country that are just amazing and wonderful and so beautiful. It's a shame so many tourists concentrate on the big smoke and forget the rest if it exists. Do see it. If you can.
                                The only one of those I've ever seen is the Natural History Museum, you can keep the rest

Comment

Working...
                                X