No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new roommate...we actually live in an apartment with 4 people. Two exchange students and two american students. The American student actually kicked the exchange student out of my room because she wanted to be with me LOL! (which is awesome since she brought a huge TV )
    She did bring her boyfriend too though, but he seems nice Does help for later in the year when I could have one lol
    sigpic

Comment

Bree I'm so sorry to hear that, hope things brighten up for you soon. You definitely deserve some good luck. Sending you good vibes *squishy hugs*

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Hey Sarai..... I haven't had the chance to mail the package yet but I'll try and get it done tomorrow......so here is something to look at while you wait:

[]http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/For%20Sara/IMG_0214.jpg[/]

[]http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/For%20Sara/IMG_0211.jpg[/]

[]http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/For%20Sara/IMG_0209.jpg[/]

I'm sorry was someone saying something?

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I've just got back from Anderson's. Awesome meal as usual. Sarai! I had the mussels!!! Niiiiiice! No pics, because I was too busy chatting Suz and Mike bought me a GORGEOUS picture frame, one of those leather ones that you can put several pics in. I have specific ones in mind And they bought me a pack of cupcakes, which I don't love more than Martin *glares at Nad* but I do love LOTS!!!!
      Yay!! Glad to hear it! And sounds like you got some awesome pressies, you deserve it *huggles*!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Oh, and can I pimp a series? I got a BBC series "William and Mary" from Netflix. It's AWESOME. It's a show about the relationship between an undertaker and a midwife. It's mildly soapy, but SO SO good. I laugh and I cry every. single. episode. /pimp
      William and Mary is extremely cute, I loved it too! Glad you're enjoying it, although it does make me laugh that it's on the BBC in America. It's not actually a BBC series as it was shown on ITV which is BBC's main rival in the UK, although obviously ITV doesn't have a channel in the US (thank god because it's an awful channel!).

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Wow, Laurie, those are some *cough* nice *cough* pics of Dan. Has he been working out?
        As a stunt coordinator I think he has to be in "good" condition. He could get hurt otherwise. But ask Sarai, she might know
        sigpic

Comment

*huggles everyone*

*misses Jann during the crazy chats with Penguins*

*she'd like to know if the sentence "be ready to confront yourself" is correct....wishes she could write in Italian in her vids! *
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Mornin All!

Having yummy tea and getting ready for work. Easy day today, thank goodness!

Originally posted by yessika View Post
            MOB, I would get into that series if I didn't have my hands full already
            Just keep it in mind for future reference. Only 12 episodes are available in the US unfortunately, but OH so good.

I wonder why. *looks at bolded*
            Busted. But I don't think you have to be a midwife or an undertaker to enjoy it.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

William and Mary is extremely cute, I loved it too! Glad you're enjoying it, although it does make me laugh that it's on the BBC in America. It's not actually a BBC series as it was shown on ITV which is BBC's main rival in the UK, although obviously ITV doesn't have a channel in the US (thank god because it's an awful channel!).
            It's actually on BBC DVD, not even the channel, lol! That's too funny. But wait, are you telling me there's actually more than 12 episodes of this show???
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Well I think I've caught up on my sleep, didn't wake up until 2pm

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Thank you. That's a lovely thing to say.

I wanted to show it to my brother-in-law (Charles' sister's husband), Pat who you may have Farmvilled with ). Frances (Charles' sister) died last March, and he's struggled a lot but he's met someone new recently. Problem is, there's a lot of resistance to their relationship because there's a bit of an age difference - which is daft all things considered, because it''s not like it's a first or even a second or third in this family. So I wanted Pat to see it but also the rest of the family to remind them that happiness is a rare commodity and should be embraced wherever possible.
              I hope it helps, even just a little bit. And you're right, if he's managed to find solace and happiness the age gap is irrelevant.

Ah good old Significant Date Syndrome. It sucks, I know. The first is the worst; it always is, but it gets a little easier after that, although there's probably going to be a small part of you that will always think September sucks (I still hate October - 1st to 21st - after that, I'm fine but the anticipation and build up is almost always worse than the actual dates ).
              Personally, I think it's impossible to have a sunny outlook all the time and a little pain helps us appreciate what's good in life so much more. The stronger people are always those who have endured hardships and come through, and found ways to focus their emotional energy in a positive way.

And becuase I'm crap with words and others say it better, (not to mention just a tad tipsy - hmm port and brandy - nice!) go watch this video/listen to the words. I shall probably make you cry again but it's perfect.

[video=youtube;VxIsevMVoQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxIsevMVoQA
              Yes, you made me cry again, but it's so beautiful.

"I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance" pretty much says it all. *hugs*

She looks like she's grinning her head off!

*huggles Bree some more*

*and again because Bree deserves it*
              I know! That's what struck me

Bree I'm so sorry to hear that, hope things brighten up for you soon. You definitely deserve some good luck. Sending you good vibes *squishy hugs*

I'm sorry was someone saying something?
              How did I guess that wood be your reaction?

Yay!! Glad to hear it! And sounds like you got some awesome pressies, you deserve it *huggles*!
              They were really yummy! But I have a confession to make.

I didn't have a dessert because I was too full

Edit: Oh Lord! I checked that vid out on youtube and found this one....

Here's the poem, spoilered for space

"When Tomorrow Starts Without Me" - David M Romano

Spoiler:
              When tomorrow starts without me
              And I'm not there to see;
              If the sun should rise and find your eyes
              All filled with tears for me.
              I wish so much you wouldn't cry
              The way you did today;
              While thinking of the many things
              We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me
              As much as I love you;
              And each time that you think of me,
              I know you'll miss me too.
              But when tomorrow starts without me
              Please try to understand,
              That an angel came and called my name
              And took me by the hand.

She said my place was ready
              In heaven far above;
              And that I'd have to leave behind,
              All those I dearly love.
              But as I turned to walk away,
              A tear fell from my eye;
              For all my life, I'd always thought
              I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for,
              So much yet to do;
              It seemed almost impossible,
              That I was leaving you.
              I thought of all the yesterdays,
              The good ones and the bad;
              I thought of all the love we shared,
              And all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday
              Just even for awhile,
              I'd say goodbye and kiss you
              And maybe see you smile.
              But then I fully realized
              That this could never be;
              For emptiness and memories
              Would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things
              I might miss come tomorrow;
              I thought of you, and when I did,
              My heart was filled with sorrow.
              But when I walked through heaven's gates
              I felt so much at home;
              When God looked down and smiled at me
              From His great golden throne.

He said, "This is eternity
              And all I've promised you;
              Today your life on earth is past,
              But here it all starts anew."
              "I promise no tomorrow,
              But today will always last;
              And since each day's the same day,
              There's no longing for the past."
              "But you have been so faithful,
              So trusting and so true;
              Though at times you did do things,
              You knew you shouldn't do."
              "But you have been forgiven
              And now at last you're free;
              So won't you take my hand
              And share my life with me?"

So when tomorrow starts without me,
              Don't think we're far apart
              For every time you think of me,
              I'm right here in your heart.

It's bucketing down with rain here. Very apt.
              Last edited by Jumble; 13 August 2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

*wipes tears*

Jumble that vid is very emotional but beautiful at the same time.

*wipes tears again*

EDIT - Hey look, I'm using a MW sig. Help, I've been turned to the dark side. JK.
                Last edited by Treknik; 13 August 2010, 06:55 AM.
                sigpic
                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  It's actually on BBC DVD, not even the channel, lol! That's too funny. But wait, are you telling me there's actually more than 12 episodes of this show???
                  I think there were about 18 in total. It didn't run for long, but it was a nice show. I just love Martin Clunes though. He's a pretty big tv actor over here. First became "famous" when he was on the show Men Behaving Badly which was hilarious and a big part of my childhood TV (I know, bad parents ) and now he does a show called Doc Martin which is also quite popular over here. So if you like him I'd check those out. Although you probably have to have a certain sense of humour to find MBB funny. I love it. Not entirely sure what that says about me...but then I was weaned on a diet of Blackadder, The Brittas Empire, Red Dwarf, Allo Allo, Fawlty Towers, Dad's Army, The Young Ones...the list goes on

Comment

*wipes tears*

Jumble that vid is very emotional but beautiful at the same time.

*wipes tears again*
                    *hands tissues to Nik * Oh wait! I've used the whole box already

I think there were about 18 in total. It didn't run for long, but it was a nice show. I just love Martin Clunes though. He's a pretty big tv actor over here. First became "famous" when he was on the show Men Behaving Badly which was hilarious and a big part of my childhood TV (I know, bad parents ) and now he does a show called Doc Martin which is also quite popular over here. So if you like him I'd check those out. Although you probably have to have a certain sense of humour to find MBB funny. I love it. Not entirely sure what that says about me...but then I was weaned on a diet of Blackadder, The Brittas Empire, Red Dwarf, Allo Allo, Fawlty Towers, Dad's Army, The Young Ones...the list goes on
                    Hmm. Well I guess it says the same about me, because I love MBB too Although Blackadder left me cold since I can't stand Rowan Atkinson Doc Martin is something I've watched over and over. LOVE Martin Clunes!!

Dad's Army??? Jeez, you must not even have been born when that was showing

Comment

Hmm. Well I guess it says the same about me, because I love MBB too Although Blackadder left me cold since I can't stand Rowan Atkinson Doc Martin is something I've watched over and over. LOVE Martin Clunes!!

Dad's Army??? Jeez, you must not even have been born when that was showing
                      That's a shame, I'm not a huge fan of Rowan Atkinson but I love Blackadder. Can't argue with the genius of Tony Robinson, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Miranda Richardson, Tim McInnery and all of the rest (Blackadder 2 is clearly my favourite )

You know I had no idea when it was made, just went to look it up and they stopped making it in 1977 ! I thought it was new when I was young !

Comment

That's a shame, I'm not a huge fan of Rowan Atkinson but I love Blackadder. Can't argue with the genius of Tony Robinson, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Miranda Richardson, Tim McInnery and all of the rest (Blackadder 2 is clearly my favourite )
                        I guess I should have given it more of a try, but just seeing RA put me right off

Stephen Fry is another that I adore! He and Alan Davies make QI an absolute must see for me

You know I had no idea when it was made, just went to look it up and they stopped making it in 1977 ! I thought it was new when I was young !
                        I'm surprised it was that recent, I'm sure I used to watch it when I was a kid!

I've just discovered that I left the conservatory door open during all that rain I now have a huge puddle to mop up

Oh look! A hugpic.......

Well not quite a hugpic, but close

I've just realised I didn't get one with Chris or Ryan

Pics that is. I got the hugs

Comment

Afternoon WooHoo's

Jumble, your "black cloud go away spray" worked.

Thanks everyone for the good vibes and support!

Finally got a call from the bank. My money was not stolen. It was frozen. Someone at the bank froze my account and Charmaine's. They are saying that the person who froze the accounts was actually supposed to freeze the accounts of another couple. I have no idea who they are or why the bank is freezing their accounts. I am just happy we have ours back! I am suspecting that it was a PEBKAC error.
                          Spoiler:
                          Problem
                          Exists
                          Between
                          Keyboard
                          And
                          Chair

So, instead of twiddling my thumbs and driving myself crazy while waiting for this mess to be fixed, I decided to try and fix my scanner and I did!
                          Now I can finally show you what our wonderful Jumble did for me.

This is why no matter what happens I am able to keep a smile on my face.
                          I just look at that picture and feel all happy inside.
                          Thank you again Jumble.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            Afternoon WooHoo's

Jumble, your "black cloud go away spray" worked.

Thanks everyone for the good vibes and support!

Finally got a call from the bank. My money was not stolen. It was frozen. Someone at the bank froze my account and Charmaine's. They are saying that the person who froze the accounts was actually supposed to freeze the accounts of another couple. I have no idea who they are or why the bank is freezing their accounts. I am just happy we have ours back! I am suspecting that it was a PEBKAC error.
                            Spoiler:
                            Problem
                            Exists
                            Between
                            Keyboard
                            And
                            Chair

So, instead of twiddling my thumbs and driving myself crazy while waiting for this mess to be fixed, I decided to try and fix my scanner and I did!
                            Now I can finally show you what our wonderful Jumble did for me.

This is why no matter what happens I am able to keep a smile on my face.
                            I just look at that picture and feel all happy inside.
                            Thank you again Jumble.
                            Oh Bree! I'm so glad it's all sorted out *happy dance*

And you're very welcome! I'm more pleased than I can say that the pic makes you smile The Sanctuary Team really should know what a boost they've given us. I hope they do!

Comment

Oh Bree! I'm so glad it's all sorted out *happy dance*

And you're very welcome! I'm more pleased than I can say that the pic makes you smile The Sanctuary Team really should know what a boost they've given us. I hope they do!
                              Me too! There is only one overdraft fee. I am sure the bank will be only too happy to remove that one.
                              Yes, the pic always makes me smile. Anytime I start to feel bad or sorry for myself I look at it and feel better. The only problem is that once I start I can't seem to stop. Do you have any idea how long it's taking me to type this message? My eyes keep wandering back to the picture. It's quite distracting. I'm sure that you have no idea what I am going through because it's not like you have any pictures to distract you or anything.

I think that SE was "win-win". They boosted all of us and you guys boosted all of them.
                              sigpic

Comment

*flops into thread*
                                Always so glad to get to the weekend!

I told him Josiane said Hi! He looked confused, so I said "You don't know which one that is do you?" He said "No. But tell her I said Hi right back!" And I warned him that we will be descending upon him in November, and hopefully a lot of us in February
                                Thanks Stuart

Absolutely! I've just answered your comment on youtube and said

"It's what pulled me back from the depths of despair and made me face life again, along with my focus on Martin and the support of all of my online friends. Because of that, I will always love it, them and him

But I'm really not sure how I'm going to get through September. Life has a habit of going on whether we like it or not. I'll survive, because I must. I can't let Michael down."

Martin has given me a huge boost, and I'm sure with you all here to help me, I'll get through it, but it's going to be very hard.
                                *massive hugs* You know that we're all here for you and if you need anything from us you only have to ask. Unless it's just being our usual selves and sending love and support and huggles your way, because we'll do that anyway

Bree, glad you're feeling a bit brighter today and that things are getting fixed with your bank account

Jann, glad to hear you're in your permanent place and that all is going well so far
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X