No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Jann that sounds crazy. I hope that nothing else goes wrong in terms of money!

I'm trying to set up this Open University thing. But it turns out I need to photocopy my birth certificate and then have some professional certify it. People suggested my family GP, but he was recently arrested and thus, I don't have one at the moment. Something about a replacement being brought in... Madness. I'm at a loss. I don't know quite where to go.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Jumble *after reading Julia's post*

*gets excited*

THAT'S FABULOUS!
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Gosh, those pics of you and Martin sure inspired the arties around here.

and...

because I can't stop doing it every time I see them. (see, there I go again).

*waves at LJ* Oh, has she gone to bed now? Poxy time zones. Although, the way the Woohoo house is filling up it's probably a good thing we're not all trying to sleep at once.... "There were ten in the bed and the little one (that's Val) said roll over, roll over..."

(well it's better than the worm song that's been stuck in my head ever since I set the wormery up. )

Woohoo on AT5... (there it is again. )

*huggles Jann for registration woes* It must be so much harder when you're not in your own country.

Argos resolution centre keep trying to contact me (probably about the cheap'n'crappy bookcase they ballsed up delivering - twice). I cancelled the order, they said they'd refund me; not much more to say than that is there. *ignores phones*
        Mind you, perhaps I should; Sainsburys sent me £15 e-voucher for mangling my eggs and squishing my apple juice, with the instructions to "spend it on something nice"... thank you I think I will.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Argos resolution centre keep trying to contact me (probably about the cheap'n'crappy bookcase they ballsed up delivering - twice). I cancelled the order, they said they'd refund me; not much more to say than that is there. *ignores phones*
          Mind you, perhaps I should; Sainsburys sent me £15 e-voucher for mangling my eggs and squishing my apple juice, with the instructions to "spend it on something nice"... thank you I think I will.
          How sad is it that I grinned at that?

Anyway, I think if you're of that nature, you should call up Argos and tell them how pathetic they've been and clearly their idea of customer service is ridiculous. If you're off that nature...
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            I'm trying to set up this Open University thing. But it turns out I need to photocopy my birth certificate and then have some professional certify it. People suggested my family GP, but he was recently arrested and thus, I don't have one at the moment. Something about a replacement being brought in... Madness. I'm at a loss. I don't know quite where to go.

Your GP was arrested?

OK, I won't ask....

You can probably get someone like your HR manager to do it? I used to get my store manager to do my passport pictures. Unless they specifically state it has to be a doctor/lawyer etc. my understanding is so long as it's someone reliable and professional who has known you for a couple of years and can verify you are that person? Surely that ought be be ok?
            sigpic

Comment

Your GP was arrested?

OK, I won't ask....

You can probably get someone like your HR manager to do it? I used to get my store manager to do my passport pictures. Unless they specifically state it has to be a doctor/lawyer etc. my understanding is so long as it's someone reliable and professional who has known you for a couple of years and can verify you are that person? Surely that ought be be ok?
              Yes, for ABH on his wife.

There's a list of professionals to choose from. Like lawyers, medical doctors, minister of religion, police officer, prison officer, etc. I would have gone to HR if they were on there, but they don't seem to be.

It may sound daft, but I don't know where to find these people!
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yes, for ABH on his wife.

There's a list of professionals to choose from. Like lawyers, medical doctors, minister of religion, police officer, prison officer, etc. I would have gone to HR if they were on there, but they don't seem to be.

It may sound daft, but I don't know where to find these people!
                Crikey ! *hugs Wendy*

And it's not daft! I have this problem all the time. The list of people you are allowed to get this information signed off by seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I'm sorry but I for one at the time of my last important bit of information (I think personal license last year) did not know any doctors or lawyers well enough for them to sign for me! And you can't get things signed by family members, most close friends, spouses, boyfriends/girlfriends...it's just crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  Crikey ! *hugs Wendy*

And it's not daft! I have this problem all the time. The list of people you are allowed to get this information signed off by seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I'm sorry but I for one at the time of my last important bit of information (I think personal license last year) did not know any doctors or lawyers well enough for them to sign for me! And you can't get things signed by family members, most close friends, spouses, boyfriends/girlfriends...it's just crazy!
                  *hugs*

This is exactly my problem. I just don't know what to do, and the clock is ticking because I decided late and I only have a week to find somebody and send it all off. I can still do the course if I don't, but I won't get financial help. And that matters. Lots! They seem to think I know all these kinds of important people. I don't.
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Exactly! Them seem to think we will (or our parents will) have garnered a selection of important and prestigious friends and colleagues in a relatively short space of time! I would offer to sign them for you but I'm pretty sure they won't accept my signature!

Comment

Jumble *after reading Julia's post*

*gets excited*

THAT'S FABULOUS!
                      Yep, looks like we're in with a strong chance *happy dance*

Gosh, those pics of you and Martin sure inspired the arties around here.

and...

because I can't stop doing it every time I see them. (see, there I go again).
                      They certainly did

*waves at LJ* Oh, has she gone to bed now? Poxy time zones. Although, the way the Woohoo house is filling up it's probably a good thing we're not all trying to sleep at once.... "There were ten in the bed and the little one (that's Val) said roll over, roll over..."
                      We do seem to have attracted a bit of attention lately don't we? Wonder why that is?

*hugs*

This is exactly my problem. I just don't know what to do, and the clock is ticking because I decided late and I only have a week to find somebody and send it all off. I can still do the course if I don't, but I won't get financial help. And that matters. Lots! They seem to think I know all these kinds of important people. I don't.
                      Try contacting them and explaining your problem, they may be able to suggest a few alternatives that are not actually on the list

Comment

Exactly! Them seem to think we will (or our parents will) have garnered a selection of important and prestigious friends and colleagues in a relatively short space of time! I would offer to sign them for you but I'm pretty sure they won't accept my signature!
                        Thanks *hugs* But you need to fit into one of the categories. Unless any of you are a permanent civil servant? no? I don't even know It's laugh or cry. I choose laugh.

Exactly, they do seem to think we've all managed to get ourselves some fabulous links in the community. Pfff. I just get on with life, crazy.

Edit: Jumble, calling them may be the only option.

And yay on AT5
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Sadly not . Dave is a temporary civil servant but not sure that wood help .

Civil Servants apply to anyone who works in the government or for a quango I believe so do you know anyone who works for the environment agency, nhs, highways agency, council...there's loads!!

Comment

Jann sorry you're having all that hassle But I'm sure you'll get it all sorted and settle into your new life *sends extra squishy WooHoo hugs*

*looks at post count* I need to stop chatting, get my act together and make something special pretty soon!!!

Before all these new pics get used so much everyone gets sick of them.......

Comment

Sadly not . Dave is a temporary civil servant but not sure that wood help .

Civil Servants apply to anyone who works in the government or for a quango I believe so do you know anyone who works for the environment agency, nhs, highways agency, council...there's loads!!
                              Hmmm, I have a friend who works with the Revenue and Customs....

EDIT: After texting her, it turns out she's a permanent civil servant, so I've asked if she can do it and am waiting for a reply. She lives in Lincoln but w/e, it's a step in the right direction!!!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Jann sorry you're having all that hassle But I'm sure you'll get it all sorted and settle into your new life *sends extra squishy WooHoo hugs*

*looks at post count* I need to stop chatting, get my act together and make something special pretty soon!!!

Before all these new pics get used so much everyone gets sick of them.......
                              It really doesn't seem possible to get sick of them
                              Last edited by m_wendy_r; 11 August 2010, 02:32 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hmmm, I have a friend who works with the Revenue and Customs....

EDIT: After texting her, it turns out she's a permanent civil servant, so I've asked if she can do it and am waiting for a reply. She lives in Lincoln but w/e, it's a step in the right direction!!!
                                That sounds promising *crosses fingers*

It really doesn't seem possible to get sick of them
                                Hmmm. I don't know, I'm getting slightly bored....... waiting for something really exciting to happen around this quiet little thread........

Comment

Working...
                                X