The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Maybe. I was already feel sickly with my chest. Darn the moon and it being off. *sadface*

Oooooh, did you mention singing? I'm in.
    *sings*
    Right.

And singing. It makes the world go round.
    ...And the wheels of the bus.

Yeah.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Dare I ask what Argos did wrong, Cags?

I ordered a cheap-and-crappy bookcase from them. Unfortunately, because I'm an awkward moo, it's the one colour not available in stores. I stayed in all day Tuesday to await delivery. It turned up at 4pm - wrong item (much as I'd like a bench press, I can't keep books in it ). I phoned, they reordered to be delivered yesterday. I stayed in all day - nothing. Phone them this morning; their system ballsed up and didn't place the order, so now they can deliver it either some time between 9am and 3pm tomorrow or between 7am and 6pm on Monday. I've already sat at home waiting two whole days; you'd think they could at least say morning or afternoon. ... and their customer service call line is the single most annoying thing known to man; I swear, if I have to press one more button and hear one more option to select from I will scream so loud they'll hear me in Vancouver! It's incredibly frustrating because I have a stack of stuff in my conservatory that I can't put back until I get it, and I can't put Benjabub's toys back in the conservatory until they are gone and I can't actually get into my wardrobe until I move his toys back and these clothes I'm wearing are starting to get a bit whiffy...

I haven't been having a lot of luck with home deliveries this week; my groceries arrived with smashed eggs, mangled bread, leaking apple juice and the wrong type of straws. Must be a moon phase thing.

My driving lesson went okay. Nothing bad happened. I just suddenly feel down about driving, which is weird, because I've been excited the whole time.

It could be that you're ready to move on to try something new in the lessons? Maybe you've got to a point where you're not nervous about the whole sitting behind the wheel thing and want to... oh start going faster, tackling difficult junctions, reverse parking, reversing round a corner, that kind of stuff. It's normal to feel a bit fed up with the whole process now and again. It's frustrating when so many people make it look so easy but, believe me, we all went through it once and you've had extra stresses too so you never lose sight of how amazing you are for doing this.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Right.

And singing. It makes the world go round.
      ...And the wheels of the bus.

Yeah.

The wheels on the hippy bus you mean? Cool.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        I ordered a cheap-and-crappy bookcase from them. Unfortunately, because I'm an awkward moo, it's the one colour not available in stores. I stayed in all day Tuesday to await delivery. It turned up at 4pm - wrong item (much as I'd like a bench press, I can't keep books in it ). I phoned, they reordered to be delivered yesterday. I stayed in all day - nothing. Phone them this morning; their system ballsed up and didn't place the order, so now they can deliver it either some time between 9am and 3pm tomorrow or between 7am and 6pm on Monday. I've already sat at home waiting two whole days; you'd think they could at least say morning or afternoon. ... and their customer service call line is the single most annoying thing known to man; I swear, if I have to press one more button and hear one more option to select from I will scream so loud they'll hear me in Vancouver! It's incredibly frustrating because I have a stack of stuff in my conservatory that I can't put back until I get it, and I can't put Benjabub's toys back in the conservatory until they are gone and I can't actually get into my wardrobe until I move his toys back and these clothes I'm wearing are starting to get a bit whiffy...

I haven't been having a lot of luck with home deliveries this week; my groceries arrived with smashed eggs, mangled bread, leaking apple juice and the wrong type of straws. Must be a moon phase thing.
        That moon has got to a lot to answer to

I hope Argos buck up and send it to you asap... for free! That's pathetic customer service from them. I might just never use them as a protest on your behalf. Boo, Argos.

I've never liked ordering groceries online ever since Asda gave me rusty tins. Boo.

It could be that you're ready to move on to try something new in the lessons? Maybe you've got to a point where you're not nervous about the whole sitting behind the wheel thing and want to... oh start going faster, tackling difficult junctions, reverse parking, reversing round a corner, that kind of stuff. It's normal to feel a bit fed up with the whole process now and again. It's frustrating when so many people make it look so easy but, believe me, we all went through it once and you've had extra stresses too so you never lose sight of how amazing you are for doing this.
        *hugs* Thank you. *more hugs* Yeah, it could be that. I know I'm partial to overworrying, though. Like a moth to a flame, I continually worry when it's no good.

The wheels on the hippy bus you mean? Cool.
        The wheels on the hippy bus do like a good song!

Nad, music makes the world go round
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          *grins maniacally* Fantastically awesome vid!!! Even the opening title shot was class
          *bounces on the sofa* Thanks for the link Josi

*hugs Wendy* Hope you're feeling all better after a good night's sleep

*backs away slowly from the flying pig*
          *and Nad*
          *and Cag's underwear drawer*

*hides behind LJ*
          LJ's here? Why is she lurking again...

*drags LJ out from behind the hippy couch
          .*

*puffs broccoli smoke around.*
          Hey! I'm lurking, here!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          OMG that is awesome!! Thanks for sharing Josi!

p.s. RDA is currently in this hotel. Dan will be here tomorrow morning at 9:20. I will keep you posted on his movements.

*cough* autographforLJ *cough*
          *cough* autograph for LJ *cough*
          *cough* AUTOGRAPH FOR LJ *cough*

I'd better go get myself a cough drop...

Well, now we know that Brad and Martin BOTH have awesome wives! Wuhoo! I should write Joe and tell him if Akemi should start keeping up on the thread.

*goes back to lurking*
          sigpic

Comment

Too much broccoli here methinks:

(I blame Ben; we've been doing the ABC songs on YT all afternoon. )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Okay, I guess you have waited long enough….here is a report about the tour that Jumble, Claire, Sharon and I took.

Spoiler:
              The tour started out with Joe coming to pick us up. He was a real sweetheart and our official “driver” to and from the set. He wasn’t allowed to talk about the show but he was entertaining and a really nice guy. Once there Jill and Carole were ready to meet and guide us through our day. On the way in we saw Lee Wilson walking out and he chatted for a few moments. A very humble man, he seemed genuinely surprised by the praise we gave him for his stupendous work. In fact, that seemed to be true with all of these lovely people. We were taken upstairs and many staff and office members came over to introduce themselves. They said they had been looking forward to our visit. A special thanks is also offered to Jaclyn MacRae and I hope she finally gets rid of her spiders.

As we were about to go get some lunch, Amanda and Martin were coming up to eat with us. We talked for a moment then went to grab some of their excellent food. Chris Heyerdahl saw us at food services and came be to say hello. A very generous, kind and truly scrumptious man.

When we went back to the offices to eat, we enjoyed sharing our meal time with Amanda, Martin, Damien, Robin, Alan McCullough, Jill, Carole and several other members of the crew. We took this time to give a few gifts (chocolate) and a bottle of Sanctuary wine (thank you Wine_Buyer for advising me about that) which seemed to be a big hit. They then asked us if we had anything we brought along that we wanted signed. We all offered up items from pictures to dvds.

Amanda noticed the “1969” authentic blouse that Claire was wearing which brought a smile to both Claire and Amanda. I think Claire is still smiling. Plus our little Jumble was treated to some very special time with Martin. (I am leaving that up to her to decide what she does and does not want to post about it!) We were treated with such grace, kindness and truly good heartedness by everyone. It is really wonderful how generous they were with their time.

Our tour started with a visit to the “circus” where we each had a room assigned to us. Our names were imprinted on a special “Sanctuary” sign which was really nice – the first of our souvenirs to take home. We then took a quick tour and headed for the set. Once there, we found we had our own chairs waiting for us. Each one had our names imprinted on them. And everyone came over to sign them during the day. Really a wonderful souvenir to take home with us. Wonder where I can find one of those chairs so I can put it out on display with Sanctuary (and many lovely autographs) on one side and our names on the other side.

Martin took some time to explain what was happening, something he took the effort to do several times during the day. We watched with great interest as they blocked a scene, rehearsed and then shot a scene. It was really cool to see him in action as well as all the other actors on the set. We spent quite a while on set (and it was fun to be taken back to my days as a broadcasting major at SFSU). We also watched Ryan do some juggling, Kate giggling, Robin being Robin and how they all kidded around with each other. You could see the true friendship which had developed between everyone, a real “family”.

We got a chance to visit some of the other areas as well, including makeup, special effects and wardrobe (we kept an eye on Claire as she looked at all those costumes). We also took a tour of the standing sets. We were allowed to take pictures of the hallway, the elevator and the beautiful and amazing Magnus office. And we posed for many a picture. Amanda came over and joined us on the tour and we got a lot of pictures in her office with her smiling along with the rest of us. So super cool she could take the time to join us. In fact, she was the one who asked why don’t we take pictures with her….no objections to that idea.

Eventually, we worked our way back to the set to watch another scene being shot. I really enjoyed watching them all in action. Made me miss my youth and bygone days (sigh), but so much fun to watch. Everyone came by and finished signing the back of our chairs and took pictures with us which was super nice. Then our driver showed up. Amanda was so gracious and said why don’t we stay a little longer…..no objections from any of us.

In all, this was a great tour. More than I could have expected. I can’t say enough about how generous everyone was with their time and care. To Amanda, Martin and Damien I can only humbly say thank you for all your generosity and kindness to us. And I want to give a special shout out to Jill and Carole for taking such great care of us.

How truly kind and given they all were to each of us. And how openly and honestly humble they are, which I find so amazing. But especially, I can’t tell you how wonderful they treated Jumble which made my heart sing (quietly of course) with such joy. I can honestly say to all the people of SANCTUARY you truly ROCK!
              Wow, this sounds amazing! I can't imagine how much fun it must've been to have such an in-depth tour of the set. And to have lunch with everyone...I think I probably would've been unconscious on the floor by that time Especially with Damian being there

And I think it's true that everyone at Sanctuary definitely rocks. For them to be so generous and welcoming is definite proof. They're the best!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              Phew! Catching up on here has taken forever!!!!

Martin has not been on the thread himself, but he knows about it because his lovely wife, Dianne, has been watching all our fun and blatant thunking of her awesome husband for some time When he told me that I said 'And she doesn't want to kill me???' But he said no, she thinks it's great that we love and appreciate him so much

He then called her, and handed me the phone so I could talk to her

But she was really lovely and told me lots of nice things about him

She did ask how we WooHoos feel about her being married to him, and I told her that we've managed to learn to tolerate it She's a lovely lady. If you're lurking Di, *huge squishy hugs* for that chat.

Hey look! Our Awesome Martin has an Awesome Wife! How cool is that?

He did say that he really should come and have a look at the thread for himself, so I'm hoping that he'll see how much you all appreciate the way he's made me feel so special this last week

*huggles him* just in case
              Wow. I can't believe how...awesome this is! I'm so glad you've been having such a wonderful time, Jumble

Last but not least, a big hi to Diane, if you're here! And thank you for putting up with our goofiness
              sigpic
              ~the guitarists~

Comment

*flops into thread, tiredly* Man the last couple of days at work have been un-fun

My driving lesson went okay. Nothing bad happened. I just suddenly feel down about driving, which is weird, because I've been excited the whole time.
                If I remember right from when I was learning, that's perfectly normal. I remember going through several ups and downs with it where the excitement and/or confidence comes and goes. You'll feel more positive in a few weeks, then quite likely you'll have another slump or two on the way to passing your test It's all normal

*hugs everyone*
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*waves at two guests* I'll bet is BAW and MAW (Brad's Awesome Wife and Martin's Awesome Wife).

EDIT: Or maybe one of them is JAG: Joe's Awesome Girlfriend

Yes...I need help...
                  sigpic

Comment

<snip>
                    And nothin' wrong with 'awesome'!
                    But fine.

*sings*
                    ''Iiiiiiit's supercalifragilisticexpialidosioussss...''
                    *does a little musical choruslinish dance*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    Hey! I'm lurking, here!

*cough* autograph for LJ *cough*
                    *cough* AUTOGRAPH FOR LJ *cough*

I'd better go get myself a cough drop...

Well, now we know that Brad and Martin BOTH have awesome wives! Wuhoo! I should write Joe and tell him if Akemi should start keeping up on the thread.

*goes back to lurking*
                    LMAO!

*hugs josi* I hope work gets better

*waves at two guests* I'll bet is BAW and MAW (Brad's Awesome Wife and Martin's Awesome Wife).

Yes...I need help...
                    ROFL (especially about JAG)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I just love this thread.

First I wood like to thank Laurie for the great con report. I can't recall everything but I remember there was something about Amanda and then there was something about Martin and then there was something about Amanda and then there was something about something else and then there was something about Amanda and...there was...well...um...thanks Laurie.

:-P

Just blow harder. Or pull gently.

EDIT: That came out wrong :-o

Bree... open the door and then slam it. Draft :-D
                      Yeah... *slams head on table*

And what she said! Or... say lawn gnomes came to steal the lot. You managed to fight them off by slamming a bottle against their pointy hats... They ran off, but the bottle broke because lawn gnomes are solid creatures. Stuff happens, right?
                      @ Nad and Wendy
                      Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      *covers eyes from the pig*

And omg you guys you all have to watch this! Absolute genius!

youtube;7R1ALMgIFWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1ALMgIFWM

If only it was true
                      That was so funny I had to watch it twice.
                      I'm gonna call this one a night. I either have a chest cold or some kind of chest infection, but either way, I'm sleepy so I'm gonna be like my Grandma and go to bed before 11

*hugs woohoos*
                      *hugs Wendy* Hope you feel better.
                      Phew! Catching up on here has taken forever!!!!

Martin has not been on the thread himself, but he knows about it because his lovely wife, Dianne, has been watching all our fun and blatant thunking of her awesome husband for some time When he told me that I said 'And she doesn't want to kill me???' But he said no, she thinks it's great that we love and appreciate him so much :-):-)

He then called her, and handed me the phone so I could talk to her

But she was really lovely and told me lots of nice things about him :-)

She did ask how we WooHoos feel about her being married to him, and I told her that we've managed to learn to tolerate it ;-) :-D She's a lovely lady. If you're lurking Di, *huge squishy hugs* for that chat.

Hey look! Our Awesome Martin has an Awesome Wife! How cool is that? :-P

He did say that he really should come and have a look at the thread for himself, so I'm hoping that he'll see how much you all appreciate the way he's made me feel so special this last week ;-)

*huggles him* just in case ;-)
                      Awwwww! So sweet! I, of course, have no problem with Martin having a wife.

It's sounds like she is as wonderful as Martin. Not to mention extremely tolerant!

Jumble you know very well that we've been stating over and over how much we love Martin for how special he's made you feel. I think you were just looking for another excuse to *huggle* him.
                      Pol are you here?

Oh, and Dan is here already! Sarai caught a glimpse of him but not close up......... yet ;-)

I was in the hotel foyer earlier when I heard someone yell "JUMBLE!!!!!" I turned to find Trupi running towards me!!!!! And of course I had to tell her all about it :-D Also was talking to O'NeillTwo"LL's" who is very excited to be seeing ..... er...... what is it........RPO?.... RDJ?........Oh, I know RDA!! :-D:-D
                      RDA? Isn't that an old record label? I know it was something like that....

*hugs WooHoo's*
                      sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                        ...Even the ones who LOL'ed at me.

And BTW... I seriously tought Argos was a cat I did not know about... But crappy bookcases... OK. *nods*

Oh wow. Now that was a gooood broccoli trip... Duuude...
                        You ladies should soooo try this! I saw busses and... creatures... Windmills...
                        ''Vroom, vroom, vroom...''
                        *passes the broccoli to the WooHoo next to her*

It wood be kind of cool if our Bus wood drive on songs... Good for the environment.

Yes...I need help...
                        BAW, MAW and JAG?

I think you just found them some really, really cool usernames...
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks for the con report!!!!
                          I wish I could have been there
                          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

*huggles Woohoos*

Martin's wife lurks? In here? With us Woohoos? And Martin didn't run screaming? WOW!

Martin is Brave as well as Awesome! As is Mrs Martin for not hanging up the phone

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            OMG that is awesome!! Thanks for sharing Josi!

p.s. RDA is currently in this hotel. Dan will be here tomorrow morning at 9:20. I will keep you posted on his movements.

Okay, NOW I'm jealous

*stares lustily at my RDA Pic* (I keep it by the computer so I can thunk as I type )
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6KuYtc0Z8

THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!
                              *dances and sings along*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              *flops into thread, tiredly* Man the last couple of days at work have been un-fun

If I remember right from when I was learning, that's perfectly normal. I remember going through several ups and downs with it where the excitement and/or confidence comes and goes. You'll feel more positive in a few weeks, then quite likely you'll have another slump or two on the way to passing your test It's all normal

*hugs everyone*
                              *hugs* I hope you feel better and the weekend is more fun for you.

And thank you. This gives me hope that maybe next week won't be so miserable.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Just dropping of an interview w/ Coopie...

http://www.collider.com/2010/08/04/c...deo-interview/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X