The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Laurie I thought you'd gone to bed ! Are you doing the dinner tomorrow night? Jumble and I are having a rest day with a little shopping in the afternoon (someone has decided she needs an outfit for Wednesday ) but if you want to do something let us know .
    Other than an occasional goofing off (like now) I thought I would take the time to do some editing on my book. I had a few agents request to see pages and I need to double check. But I will meet you all for dinner at 5pm in the lobby tonight. Thanks.
    sigpic

Comment

Since I was eye witness to the melting of Jumble's heart and soul, let me tell you the story is just beginning. Sarai tells it so beatifully that I will let her write it up. However, The JUMBLE/WOOD story is just beginning. There is the auction, the next day and yet to be written, the tour of the set. And trust me people, it only gets better. Many of you know that she now has a shirt worn on Martin's body, but last nights closing offers up even more.

As for non-Martin related stuff (and yes, there was some of that too) there is more to say. The auction ended up raising $87,xxx, a very large amount, and someone offered up the amount to round it out to $88,000. Then eventually, according to Jill Kindler on twitter it went up to $90,500

The auction was a lot of fun. I bid on and won a makeover which I got yesterday morning (Sunday). It was a lot of fun. Julia was there too. For the first time in decades, the lovely makeup people got rid of the circles under my eyes. Really cool. I saw Julia this morning and we both complained about having to wash it all off last night.

Yesterday the special effects guro, Lee showed us to films. The second one showed before and after pictures of his great work. But the first one showed scenes for S3. All I can say is it is going to be spectacular. I can't wait.

The other speakers were Agam and Robin in one group and Amanda and Chris in the second group. Agam and Robin were really cute and played off of each other. I think she is getting use to the con and relaxed enough to really start and enjoy herself. Robin, well, he was Robin and dropped his pants for the audience.

Amanda and Chris were great. Chris is so charming with a little (or a lot) of the devilish boy in him. The two of them played off of each other and it was great to watch.

Of course, the big end of the event was the amount of money they raised. Jill said $87K+ and then was corrected to make it $88K (Canadian) when she was advised about the annonymous doner. Later on twitter, Jill and Amanda revised it to $90,500. Now that is a lovely round number. Amanda and Damien were overcome with emotions as were most everyone else. It was a mismass of well deserved emotions. Thanks were given to everyone and the stage fell silent..........except for the fact there just might be another TSE event in about 18 months
      Last edited by llp; 03 August 2010, 12:54 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Wait.

Has it occurred to anyone else that Martin truly does know about all the nekkid running that goes on here?

Just sayin'

*ducks out again*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          Wait.

Has it occurred to anyone else that Martin truly does know about all the nekkid running that goes on here?

Just sayin'

*ducks out again*
          I think it's a given now. Our secret is out.

Soddit, like I care!

*strips off and runs through thread wafting broccoli*

Oh, wait, now he knows about our broccoli habit too.

*hides broccoli*

Excellent report Sarai, and thank you too, laurie for the fab update there. Wow that is an amazing amount. I wonder if they could have the next SE event in the UK... I'm just sayin' because I am but a poor, struggling English girl woman who can't afford to go over there even though I've a long held desire to see Vancouver.

And, because I haven't got any new art (too busy trying to find the jaw I dropped around here somewhere) I'm just going to say...

oh and a little Joe for LJ:

sigpic

Comment

Wait, wait, wait. You guys are gonna to AT5? Hopefully? For reals?

OMG OMG OMG.

*bounces*
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Oh I forgot you are going Wendy! You could all meet up. That would be quite awesome.

Ah I wish... if I had that kind of money to treat myself with, I would. We'd have to live on beans and Farm Foods burgers for a month... actually Benjabubs would probably not mind too much!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Oh I forgot you are going Wendy! You could all meet up. That would be quite awesome.

Ah I wish... if I had that kind of money to treat myself with, I would. We'd have to live on beans and Farm Foods burgers for a month... actually Benjabubs would probably not mind too much!

Yessss, I'm going I haven't booked the hotel room yet because still waiting on the code from Gabit. But I have bought my ticket.

That little boy might just love that diet!
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*runz in* I sense Joe thunk

*looks around*

Ah. There it is. Now, when Joe announces he'll be at one of hte cons, I will be there, baby! Although, he's more likely to snark at me than hug me. lol
                  sigpic

Comment

*looks around*

Ah. There it is. Now, when Joe announces he'll be at one of hte cons, I will be there, baby! Although, he's more likely to snark at me than hug me. lol
                    I'm sure you'd be disappointed if he didn't snark at you?
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

Yessss, I'm going I haven't booked the hotel room yet because still waiting on the code from Gabit. But I have bought my ticket.

That little boy might just love that diet!

Well, if all else fails, my new sofa as really comfy to sleep on (says she who falls asleep on it every night. )

Although you'll probably want to stay at the hotel with everyone else since these things come across like one big old community spirited event.

*looks around*

Oh but wouldn't that be the dogs ...er... danglies! I mean, to be snarked at in person by Joe!
                      Hey, he could auction that off, couldn't he?

"An evening with Joe, where you get to ask as many idiot questions as possible and take as much snark as you can handle."

Almost as good as Martin's shirt.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cags, yep, I want to go for the whole con-experience and stay at the hotel... but i already planned to go see you and Jumble after the event
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Well, if all else fails, my new sofa as really comfy to sleep on (says she who falls asleep on it every night. )

Although you'll probably want to stay at the hotel with everyone else since these things come across like one big old community spirited event.

Oh but wouldn't that be the dogs ...er... danglies! I mean, to be snarked at in person by Joe!
                          Hey, he could auction that off, couldn't he?

"An evening with Joe, where you get to ask as many idiot questions as possible and take as much snark as you can handle."

Almost as good as Martin's shirt.
                          Joe doesn't really have an article of clothing he wears a lot. Martin is famous for his t-shirts. I guess Joe is famous for his cuff links. Although, they aren't worn right next to his skin like a t-shirt. *fans self*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            Cags, yep, I want to go for the whole con-experience and stay at the hotel... but i already planned to go see you and Jumble after the event

One word; Andersons!

Joe doesn't really have an article of clothing he wears a lot. Martin is famous for his t-shirts. I guess Joe is famous for his cuff links. Although, they aren't worn right next to his skin like a t-shirt. *fans self*
                            Hmm, maybe Joe could auction off cooking lessons. Or an evening with him as a restaurant critic... you could then bid on his food-stained covered napkin or something.
                            sigpic

Comment

One word; Andersons!

Hmm, maybe Joe could auction off cooking lessons. Or an evening with him as a restaurant critic... you could then bid on his food-stained covered napkin or something.
                              Ah, I'd never be able to afford such a thing. Probably not the trip to a con, either. Ah well. Always fun to dream.
                              Last edited by Luvnjoe; 02 August 2010, 03:47 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Indeed it is LJ. Life would be dull if we didn't have dreams. Sometimes, they even come true.

*squishy hugs*

Woodnight Woohoos.

*huggles all*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X