Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning woohoos!!!

Sarai - what cute new additions! Have fun getting them to behave

Jumbly - the pics look fab all laid out like that! I really like the bottom right corner pic of martin!

*bounces up and down for Jumble and sarai* not long now, ladies!!!

Jann - how was the party?

Oma - That pic for Time is fabulous!!! Looks very cool! Loving the Coopie love

We're having a Masterchef party tonight (do you guys have Masterchef over there?) for the granfinal tonight and my housemates and I are making dishes from the show (or attempting at least) It's sure to be fairly hilarious...I'm not a great cook...
    sigpic

Comment

First - THANK YOU to all who sent their very kind thoughts and wishes.
      Second - Sarai - AWWWW! - loved your new little babies. So cute.
      And Third - Jumble....great pictures.

Today was really hectic. I had two presentations. The first one went very well and she asked me to send the entire book.....first time that ever happened to me. The second one, she didn't seem as interested and we talked about my other book some. Didn't really go anywhere. But that is okay. I did get some useful information from her.

The seminars were great. I picked up a lot of information. I just wish I wasn't so tired now to actually put it into the process.....but Monday, after I run a dozen errands, I will use a lot of that information. Tomorrow is a shorter day, but there is a two hour seminar/lecture I have to get to. I'm expecting some very good information from that one. At least I'll get home around 3pm and then collapse.

The weather got warm. It's still 73F (23C) here and 68F (20C) in Vancouver. But then the sun only went down about 35 or 40 minutes ago. But it is suppose to cool down around Tuesday (in Vancouver) and down to 70F (21C) by Thursday.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, your whole book? well done, Laurie! *bounces* If you don't mind me asking, what sort of book is it?
        sigpic

Comment

This should have been yesterday,

Day 11

Unending

Original Air Date: 06/22/2007

Synopsis taken from the MGM website.

“Summoned by the Asgard, SG-1 learns that the Asgard have only a short time left to live. Their final attempt to solve the Asgard's physiological degeneration resulted in each of them developing a rapidly progressing disease leaving them only weeks to live. Fearing their knowledge might fall into the wrong hands they plan to end their lives after handing over their entire knowledge base, technology and history to SG-1. But before all the final advancements can be installed on the Odyssey the Ori drop out of hyperspace and engage the ship. As the Odyssey retreats pursued by one of the Ori ships the Asgard destroy their planet taking the other two Ori ships with them. The Odyssey, with shields nearly failing, is forced to test their new Asgard weapons and is barely able to destroy the Ori ship in time.

The Ori able to constantly track the Odyssey before it has time to repair damage, send ship after ship trying to destroy it. The ability to track the Odyssey seems caused by the Asgard technology integrated into its core systems. The team is caught in a conundrum that the very tools that seemed to promise their victory over the Ori might actually spell their defeat. Beaming the rest of the crew to a safe planet, SG-1 tries to find a way disengage the Asgard technology but are drawn into a fire fight before they have the chance to finish. With shield failed and a final blast just off its hull Lt. Col. Carter (Amanda Tapping) is able to trap the ship inside a time dilation field, slowing the blast to appear it’s nearly frozen moving only inches a year. With a seemingly inexhaustible amount of time Carter sets at solving their dilemma or else the team will be forced to live out the rest of their days in the dilation field aboard the Odyssey.”

Well now, Coopie really went overboard with the ships in this one!
          Nice to see this one finally confirmed…….

This one had been lurking in the background for some time……

But I really didn’t see this one coming…

“What do you mean you were only playing chess??? How long has this been going on???”

On a serious note, I felt the Daniel/Vala ship was played out beautifully in some really electric scenes…………

Hey look! Coopie’s playing with Martin’s tool!!!!

Er…….. viewer, I meant his VIEWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

Today was really hectic. I had two presentations. The first one went very well and she asked me to send the entire book.....first time that ever happened to me. The second one, she didn't seem as interested and we talked about my other book some. Didn't really go anywhere. But that is okay. I did get some useful information from her.

The seminars were great. I picked up a lot of information. I just wish I wasn't so tired now to actually put it into the process.....but Monday, after I run a dozen errands, I will use a lot of that information. Tomorrow is a shorter day, but there is a two hour seminar/lecture I have to get to. I'm expecting some very good information from that one. At least I'll get home around 3pm and then collapse.

The weather got warm. It's still 73F (23C) here and 68F (20C) in Vancouver. But then the sun only went down about 35 or 40 minutes ago. But it is suppose to cool down around Tuesday (in Vancouver) and down to 70F (21C) by Thursday.
            Wow! Congrats Laurie!!! That's awesome

Glad to hear Vancouver is cooling down.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
            Exactly what I was going to say.

When you said bar, Jann, I was thinking with an American brain that you aren't supposed to do that until your 21, but you're not in America, so have fun at your party.

Jumble, your printer must be awesome because those are some great pics. I had a Kodak printer but we could never get the print cartridges to work beyond the starter kit, so it was tossed. We are now searching for a new one. What kind do you have?
            It's a Kodak ESP 5250 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier

Comment

Morning everyone!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              Morning woohoos!!!

Sarai - what cute new additions! Have fun getting them to behave

Jumbly - the pics look fab all laid out like that! I really like the bottom right corner pic of martin!

*bounces up and down for Jumble and sarai* not long now, ladies!!!

Jann - how was the party?

Oma - That pic for Time is fabulous!!! Looks very cool! Loving the Coopie love

We're having a Masterchef party tonight (do you guys have Masterchef over there?) for the granfinal tonight and my housemates and I are making dishes from the show (or attempting at least) It's sure to be fairly hilarious...I'm not a great cook...
              Have fun!! I saw your facebook posts about croquenbouches (yummy!) And we do have Masterchef over here - in fact I do believe that (like so many things ) it originated here and then emigrated

Originally posted by llp View Post

*hugs* for the tiredness, but it all sounds really good and profitable for you
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Day 12

The Ark if Truth

Originally aired in 2008

Synopsis taken from the MGM website

“Stargate: The Ark of Truth brings to an electrifying conclusion the mounting conflict between the Stargate SG-1 team and their ultimate nemesis, in a final battle to save Earth. The storyline, set in motion in season nine, pits our heroes against the menacing Ori, an ascended race of beings with unimaginable power who, under the guise of their religion, Origin, are systematically forcing hundreds of civilizations throughout the universe to worship them as gods or face annihilation.

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell, Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, Dr. Daniel Jackson, Vala Mal Doran and the alien, Teal’c, all members of the elite Stargate SG-1 team, travel to the ruins of Dakara in hopes of finding the fabled Ark of Truth. Built by the Alterans, (builders of the stargates), millions of years before, this ancient artifact may be the sole means remaining to defeat the Ori armies who have thus far proven unstoppable in their quest to conquer the universe in the name of their religion, Origin.

This failed mission is intercepted by Tomin, Vala’s husband, a reticent commander in the Ori army. Vala convinces him that he has slaughtered thousands in the service of false gods and begs him to return with them to Earth. There he reveals that the Ori crusade is planning to bring another wave of ships through the supergate, confirming that a coordinated attack on Earth is imminent. With Tomin’s help, a renewed search for the location of the illusive Ark earmarks an Ori stronghold, the holy city of Celestis. But despite his co-operation, Tomin is interrogated by James Marrick, a member of the IOC, the International Oversight Committee, who is distrustful of Tomin’s motives.

With Mitchell reluctantly in command of the battle cruiser the USS Odyssey and Marrick charged with over-seeing the mission, Tomin and the SG-1 team make their way to a distant galaxy – and the heartland of the Ori forces. But what they find there will challenge them all in ways they could never have imagined.”

For this one there are so many nice bts pics of Coopie that I couldn’t choose, so I’m just going to post them all

Comment

Sorry, just giggling at The Teal'c/Cam ship in Unending. *snort* Nice one Jumble. And I liked Vala/Daniel ship in this episode (and in general) too. I certainly "see" it more than I did Daniel/Janet. Unending was a slightly anti-climatic ending to the series but, actually, it was still a lovely episode and given that they bounced straight into the movies I didn't mind so much.

*still hoping for movie #3*

Laurie, sounds like you are having a tiring but very productive time. Well done on generating interest in your book. Fingers crossed it leads to awesome things. I too am curious as to what the book is about?

Sarai, love the kitties and their cute names. Yes, hmm, theya re a bit mannic when you first bring them home but, give them a few years and they'll calm down. I still have rips in my net curtains from where Monkey and her sister climbed them... and they were 6 months when we got them. These days all they do is sleep and eat and run away from the new tearaway.

I have been busy planning Charles' party. Whose idea was it to have another cocktail party again? Oh, yeah, mine.
                  During the cousre of this I ended up chatting to my niece about dresses and such and she tells me she's struggling to find a dress because, by the time of the party she'll be 4 months pregnant!
                  Oh my! My 18 year old great-niece is haaving a baby. This means I am going to be a GREAT-GREAT Auntie! I'm not even 40 yet.

Not really sure how I feel about that.
                  sigpic

Comment

If I were you I'd just pretend the 'great's don't exist, you're just going to be an auntie again CONGRATS to her!!!

I can't believe there's only 6 weeks to go to my sister's due date... I'm going to be an auntie too really quite soon now
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Cags don't worry about the auntie line, because that's down to other people's ages

On the other hand, I was a grandmother at 43!!!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        If I were you I'd just pretend the 'great's don't exist, you're just going to be an auntie again CONGRATS to her!!!

I can't believe there's only 6 weeks to go to my sister's due date... I'm going to be an auntie too really quite soon now
                        Ooooh! How exciting! Make the most of every moment, because before you know it your little neice or nephew will be going to school! They grow up so fast

I'm starting to worry about Bree, she's not been on since Monday I hope she's just busy..............

Comment

*runs in*

Packing with kittens around is not easy!!!

*runs out*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            *runs in*

Packing with kittens around is not easy!!!

*runs out*
                            Just make sure you don't bring them with you by mistake

Comment

Sarai, you've probably already seen this, but just in case Scroll down to the vid below the Stunts and Wrenches banner

A brief excerpt:

GW: How did you end up in front of the screen as Siler?

DS: There was just an audition and I remember, I went upstairs, and I started joking around. Brad [Wright] was in there, and Martin Wood, and I thought, "If you're trying to be funny, they'll like you and give you the part." The problem was, the guy was a computer geek, not funny. And so Greenberg gave me hell. Michael Greenberg. He said, "You fool, you have a chance to get this part. What are you doing, you blew it." And I thought I did good because they were laughing. Well, it was a serious role, so he made me go back and do it again, and spew out the techno-jargon, and I got it.

Comment

weeee, congrats to all incoming aunties!!! yeehaaaa
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X