Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    *applauds young padawan*

You've learned really well, and just in time to corrupt spread your knowledge amongst the innocents in the USA
    I will do my best master jedi! May the force be with...me

Or the Woohoo "force" in this case
    HA! Now who's running round like a headless chicken?

Don't worry, we'll find him!!!! We'll get a pic with him and we'll get his auto too!!!

WooHooooooood!!!!!!!!
    I just had to ROFL at that...translated to Dutch you just said you'll get Dan's car I'm curious how you're going to get it back to the UK
    (auto means car in dutch )
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god *hyperventilates*

EDIT: And now I really have to go to bed or I won't get up in the morning! Never gonna be able to sleep after an announcement like that. He's there on the first day as well, meaning we'll be leaving the hotel the day before. So he might be in the hotel on that day!!! *bites nails*

Oh and I emptied by inbox, sorry it doesn't tell me when it's full .
      But I told you! I told you he'd be there!!!! If he's there we'll find him!!!! WooHood!!!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        I will do my best master jedi! May the force be with...me

Or the Woohoo "force" in this case

I just had to ROFL at that...translated to Dutch you just said you'll get Dan's car I'm curious how you're going to get it back to the UK
        (auto means car in dutch )
        It means car in English too, unless you happento be on a forum where auto means autograph, in which case it's a whole different ballgame

Comment

It means car in English too, unless you happento be on a forum where auto means autograph, in which case it's a whole different ballgame
          I wasn't sure if y'all also called it that so that's why I mentioned...but it was just funny to read it like that

I'm off to bed...Woodnight everyone! Tomorrow another day filled with handymen parents are renovating parts of the house since my brothers and I are moving out
          sigpic

Comment

They do! Do you have story corner for the littlies? Our library does, and they have summer time plays for the kids too. Great fun

See how well it works? Freeeeeeedom!!! It's the Hippy/WooHoo way
            Our library has a whole wing dedicated to the children. It really is a great place with so many things to do, to peak your child's interest in reading. They even have a lifesize boat with seats that you can lean back and read in. My kids could spend hours there.

And Jann, you keep your "innocence" at home. Don't come over here and corrupt our young. They are corrupt enough.
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

SARAI!!!! Check it out!!! Dan will be in Vancouver for MTM!!! Told you

Oh, and please EMPTY YOUR PM INBOX!!

EDIT: And now I really have to go to bed or I won't get up in the morning! Never gonna be able to sleep after an announcement like that. He's there on the first day as well, meaning we'll be leaving the hotel the day before. So he might be in the hotel on that day!!! *bites nails*

I saw my e-mail this morning about MTM and thought of you Sarai. Dan is doing autographs at MTM, let me know if you wood like me to get one for you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                And Jann, you keep your "innocence" at home. Don't come over here and corrupt our young. They are corrupt enough.
                *blinks* Who says they aren't going to corrupt me... I'm still the innocent European girl
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I saw my e-mail this morning about MTM and thought of you Sarai. Dan is doing autographs at MTM, let me know if you wood like me to get one for you.
                  You have to ask???

Pretty pretty pretty please

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    *blinks* Who says they aren't going to corrupt me... I'm still the innocent European girl
                    It might be a little of both.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

You have to ask???

Pretty pretty pretty please
                      Done.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*runz in* I will catch up later properly, I promise! I wanna have a go at Nad's Coopie quiz

Sorry I missed yesterday! Here's the next installment. I'll be back later with today's.

No 5 in Oma's Coopie Countdown

*sniffs* Heroes was such a beautifully written ep. Full of so many character beats and different kinds of humour, essential of course to balance out the absolute horror of those events offworld. This is the only SG ep I can think of where there has ever been any direct influence from real world events and the actors all gave phenomenal performances; all of which adds to the power of the ep.

Heroes is arguably the best ep RCC has ever written.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          *jumps up and down waving frantically*

Me too please?

Oma, I'm finding it interesting how much we differ in our ep preferences. I guess I'm just not the angst-lover that you are, because I've never really liked Heroes much. Maybe I don't like my sci-fi too realistic

Comment

Day 9

Grace Under Pressure

Original Air Date: 01/27/2006

Synopsis taken from the MGM website.

“During the first test flight of a Puddle Jumper that Dr. Zelenka has repaired, the small ship abruptly crashes and sinks into Atlantis's ocean with Dr. McKay and the pilot, Griffin, on board. Moments later, mounting water pressure cracks the Jumper's windshield. Griffin sacrifices himself to seal a horrified McKay into the relative safety of the windowless rear compartment, seconds before the windshield gives way. McKay is now utterly alone — and still sinking. He manages to activate an emergency beacon, turn up the heat, and fix the carbon dioxide scrubbers. Every action he takes, however, costs power — power he desperately needs to stay alive. He's already close to panic when a strange whale-like creature starts taking an interest in the Jumper. But the creature's swimming gives McKay an idea. If he can power up the Jumper's drive pods, perhaps they can propel him to the surface. Suddenly, however, an unexpected visitor joins him: Col. Carter, from SG-1. McKay, shocked, accuses her of being a hallucination, and she cheerfully agrees. The concussion he received in the crash, plus the stress he's been under since, has provoked his subconscious to summon this unusual form of help. Unfortunately, McKay and Carter — or McKay and his subconscious — have a fundamental difference of opinion. He believes he must risk activating the drive pods, while Carter argues that this will only waste the last of his precious power. She wants him to remain calm and trust his teammates to rescue him. McKay, by contrast, blames Zelenka for the crash and has no confidence in the Atlantis team's ability to save him — especially without his genius to help them out. As water starts leaking into the Jumper, he insists on pursuing his risky plan. On the surface, however, Zelenka has worked tirelessly to narrow down the Jumper's probable location, and now has joined Sheppard on a second Jumper for a dangerous rescue mission. He modifies the Jumper's cloak to act as a tenuous shield against the water pressure as Sheppard submerges the vehicle and begins the search. McKay defies Carter's advice — and her creative attempts to distract him — and fires up the drive pods. They activate briefly and then die, proving Carter right and leaving McKay with barely enough power for another half hour. His survival is now up to his friends — and only his hallucination believes they're really on their way, let alone that they can arrive in time.”

Aaaaaaand at last we have it! The quintessential ship – McKay and his ego subconscious! Only inside his addled brain could this ever happen….

But common sense eventually prevailed and he went back to the real love of his life – his computer!!

And of course, the other thing that makes this one of my favourite eps ever is the knowledge that somewhere just out of shot there is a semi-nekkid Director……..

Comment

*happy dances*
                              Ohhh so hope you get to meet him!!!!
                              *huggles*

I have to say, I'm loving both Oma's and Jumble's Coopie Countdowns for entirely different reasons And talking of Grace Under Pressure, did any of the rest of you see the hilarious Grace Under Pressure in the style of twitter fic a while back? Genius!
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

*happy dances*
                                Ohhh so hope you get to meet him!!!!
                                *huggles*

I have to say, I'm loving both Oma's and Jumble's Coopie Countdowns for entirely different reasons And talking of Grace Under Pressure, did any of the rest of you see the hilarious Grace Under Pressure in the style of twitter fic a while back? Genius!
                                OMG!! That is the funniest thing I've ever read, utterly hilarious Why do you keep these things to yourself Josiane?

Oh, and I bought some Canadian dollars earlier. They're very pretty

Comment

Working...
                                X