No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cags, the convention is above London, I believe? I'll have to check. If I go, I will come see you regardless
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Wendy if it's anywhere on a tube line then you can get to it in about an hour from my place (I can get right across London in that time) so anywhere abouts there is close enough. If not it might still be in reasonable range. Let me know and, yes, absolutely come visit some time anyway even if it's no good for this occasion. I love having people come stay with me... it gives me an excuse to do the housework.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Wendy if it's anywhere on a tube line then you can get to it in about an hour from my place (I can get right across London in that time) so anywhere abouts there is close enough. If not it might still be in reasonable range. Let me know and, yes, absolutely come visit some time anyway even if it's no good for this occasion. I love having people come stay with me... it gives me an excuse to do the housework.

In that case, to help your endeavour to clean, I will come visit I like to help.

And *hugs* I'll look up where it is and such, and let you know.
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*celebrates the woohoo spirit of helping, sleepovers and broccoli*

You guys are brilliant!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            Thanks guys for the hugs :]

Except for my friend knows I dislike being kept in the dark, and that this room was booked for two people, not three. And adding a fourth without asking me, a person I don't know, is not okay. And if they're assuming anything, to me, it's wrong to do that. I'm having to pay equal to what everyone else is paying, I should be involved. And when you factor in my OCD/all of that, it's really not okay. And she knows me better than most and should know not to do that. I see what you're saying, but in this instance it doesn't work.

Also, she just "assumed" I'd share a bed with her. That's not okay either. *shrugs* Maybe it's just me, but it's not right to assume anything when it's being paid for by me. And we all need to be comfortable where we sleep, right?
            Then shall I say, bad friend. Maybe you should pay nothing and hang out at Cags. Sounds like more fun to me.
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              Then shall I say, bad friend. Maybe you should pay nothing and hang out at Cags. Sounds like more fun to me.
              I might just do that!
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Day 7 (should have been yesterday )

Paradise Lost

Original Air Date: 01/31/2003

Synopsis taken from the MGM website

“Col. Jack O'Neill is at home, grilling hot dogs in his backyard, when his former friend Col. Harry Maybourne — the traitorous National Intelligence Division (NID) agent now wanted for high treason — shows up. O'Neill threatens to turn him in. "Have me arrested," Harry says. "That's why I'm here." Harry explains that with the current presidential administration coming to a close, the president might consider giving him a pardon, as presidents sometimes do when they don't face re-election. Harry's bargaining chip: the stargate address to the planet with the cache of ancient alien weaponry, which the late Col. Frank Simmons had hijacked the X-303 to reach. Harry adds that while Simmons and the NID knew that the planet has a stargate, it was easier to grab the X-303 than to infiltrate Stargate Command just to use the stargate. Harry says he will give the address to Stargate Command in exchange for arranging a pardon — and on the condition that he can go with SG-1 to the weapons planet. Harry also explains that without the stone key to an impenetrable doorway protecting the weapons-storage facility, the address is useless — and he has that key. Gen. Hammond authorizes SG-1 to check out the address and Harry's story. According to Maj. Carter, the doorway looks like a transporter. But it indeed won't work without the key, so O'Neill has Harry turn in himself and the key. Just as O'Neill is about to leave without him, Harry lets the other shoe drop: The key is useless without a combination that only he has. Harry gets his trip through the stargate. But when he puts his key in the doorway, nothing happens. Harry suddenly grabs Carter's zat, stuns her and activates the doorway transporter. But as he jumps through, O'Neill grabs him. O'Neill and Harry are now no longer on the dusty planet, but in a huge field of grass and flowers. O'Neill has his guns and ammo, but the zat Harry stole didn't come through — probably as a safeguard against Goa'uld weapons. In fact, there are no weapons of any kind here — this was all simply Harry's retirement plan. His story this time is that, ages ago, people from an advanced alien society chucked it all and formed an isolated utopian community. They sent out representatives to meet and evaluate people from all over the galaxy and offer them a chance to join them. The stone key and a scroll showing how to use it were the invitation. When O'Neill and Harry reach Harry's "utopia," however, it's barren, a wasteland littered with skeletons. After O'Neill's rations run out, the men eventually have nothing to eat but some fairly tasty plants that make Harry paranoid, causing him to steal O'Neill's P-90 and grenades and run off. O'Neill retains his 9mm. Back on Earth, Hammond asks the Tok'ra to use one of their planet-scanning ships to search for O'Neill on the planet by locking on to his tracking device. But after almost a month, they report no signs of life there. Exploring, O'Neill, finds a Goa'uld skeleton near the bodies of the aliens. An ancient diary with pictures of a man handing a plant to the people informs O'Neill that a Goa'uld had come through the doorway — and, knowing Goa'uld weapons couldn't transport in, gave the inhabitants this plant, which eventually made them all go mad and kill each other. O'Neill walks into the woods, trips on a wired grenade and is knocked off his feet. Then a wild alien pig comes running at him. O'Neill shoots but ends up hitting Harry, who is hiding in a cave. Harry, now wounded and completely paranoid, runs off and starts hunting O'Neill, who gets the drop on Harry and shoots him. Back at Stargate Command, Carter, by studying pictures of the stone key, figures out that O'Neill and Harry are no longer on the planet — but on the moon above it! As it turns out, O'Neill, for old times sake and in recognition of Harry's helping Stargate Command on occasion, didn't shoot Harry dead. While O'Neill tends to Harry's wounds, a Tok'ra rescue vessel flies overhead. O'Neill arranges for the Tok'ra to find Harry a nice planet to retire on, so that he won't have to spend the rest of his life in prison back on Earth.”

Well now, here’s a ship that I for one was not expecting

This one, on the other hand, was always obvious………

They brought a whole new meaning to the word ‘honeymoon’

Comment

Aaaand because I'm high enough to share it.

In my driving lesson today, we went through the place where I had the car accident. Twice. And it was by my choice, since we talked about it last week. He doesn't normally go that way at all, something to do with tests never happen there, but he made an exception for me.

The only reason I wanted to do it was because I didn't want it to be something I would avoid. I know how easy it is to get sucked into avoidance, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. So yay me.

*dances*
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Evening Woohoos

*hugs Wendy and echoes what everyone else has said* I don't blame you for feeling hurt, and it's a real shame if it takes the edge off your excitement and enjoyment of the con I think you do need to talk to them about it though, as Nik said maybe they're assuming things?

*hugs Jumble for backache* Hope you feel better soon!

Have fun with your Dad, Oma!

And I bring this which was linked to on LJ just now - a 'new' (?) Martin interview. It's clearly not new, as it's all about Continuum, but it's only just been published on that site. Maybe you've all seen it before, but if not, enjoy
                    I hadn't seen that one either! Thanks

Comment

Sam and Teal'c?

Jumble, never stop being the awesome you
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Aaaand because I'm high enough to share it.

In my driving lesson today, we went through the place where I had the car accident. Twice. And it was by my choice, since we talked about it last week. He doesn't normally go that way at all, something to do with tests never happen there, but he made an exception for me.

The only reason I wanted to do it was because I didn't want it to be something I would avoid. I know how easy it is to get sucked into avoidance, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. So yay me.

*dances*
                        Wendy that's absolutely AWESOME!!!! Well done you *hugs*

Sam and Teal'c?

Jumble, never stop being the awesome you
                        I'll try not to

And having read that interview, I now have a mental image of Martin tap-dancing around a script and pausing every few seconds to wink at it

I need to get that out of my head before I meet him because collapsing with laughter isn't the most polite way to greet one's idol

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          Wendy that's absolutely AWESOME!!!! Well done you *hugs*
                          Thank you. I am bouncy and beaming, yes yes *hugs*

I'll try not to

And having read that interview, I now have a mental image of Martin tap-dancing around a script and pausing every few seconds to wink at it

I need to get that out of my head before I meet him because collapsing with laughter isn't the most polite way to greet one's idol
                          That image alone will keep me giggling for a week.

On the bright side, if you collapse with laughter, it will break the ice
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Thank you. I am bouncy and beaming, yes yes *hugs*
                            As you thoroughly deserve to be

That image alone will keep me giggling for a week.

On the bright side, if you collapse with laughter, it will break the ice
                            True, but I was hoping to be all cool, calm and collected and actually behave like a sensible human being

Comment

Day 8

Lost City 1

Original Air Date: 03/12/2004

Synopses taken from the MGM website and spoilered for space.

Spoiler:
                              “Dr. Daniel Jackson makes an amazing discovery while translating the Ancient writing on the colonnade that SG-2 discovered on planet P3X-439. The writing talks about a library of knowledge and Daniel suspects it contains a repository — the same type of device that once downloaded the Ancients' knowledge into Col. O'Neill's brain and would have cost O'Neill his life had not the Asgard intervened and removed the alien data from his mind. However, SG-2 spots a Goa'uld reconnaissance drone while on the planet, which means that system lord Anubis is also aware of the repository's existence. SG-1 must get to it first, so that they can, once and for all, learn the location of the Lost City of the Ancients and use that race's advanced technology to save the galaxy from Goa'uld oppression. Should this knowledge fall into Anubis' hands, nothing will be able to stop him. This time, SG-1's plan is to remove the repository rather than downloading it into a human, and then to bring it back to Earth and find a safe way to retrieve the data. The Asgard and other alien allies are not responding, so Stargate Command is on its own. SG-1, SG-2 and SG-3 are dispatched to P3X-439, where Daniel and Maj. Carter try to remove the repository from the monument — with no luck. Suddenly, a full-scale Goa'uld attack rocks the monument, as Alkesh fighters carpet-bomb the area. There is no choice: Someone must download the Ancient knowledge into his or her brain. O'Neill assesses that Carter is too valuable, and that Daniel will be needed to translate the Ancient language that whoever goes through with this will be speaking when their consciousness is taken over and replaced by that of the Ancients — resulting in neural overload and death. So he does it again: O'Neill steps up to the repository, where the face-hugging arms come out, grab O'Neill's head and pump Ancient knowledge directly into his brain. The teams return to Stargate Command, where they must face the inevitable: O'Neill's human consciousness will soon be obliterated and he will begin speaking in Ancient. Not long after that, his human physiology will no longer be able to handle the strain and he will die. Meanwhile, in Washington, newly inaugurated President Hayes has found a replacement for Gen. Hammond, in an attempt to put a friendly face on the Stargate Project when it goes public. She is Dr. Elizabeth Weir, a multilingual political negotiator who will be able to confer with leaders of other countries, who no doubt will want shared control of the stargate. Indeed, there's already someone within the administration itself who wants control of the stargate — Vice-President Kinsey, who has pressured the president into this bold move. Kinsey informs Weir in no uncertain terms that he is best person to have on her side when she takes over Stargate Command — and the last person she'd want to cross. President Hayes, completely aware of Kinsey's history with Hammond, informs the general that he does not want him to retire. He knows full well that Hammond's experience will remain invaluable in the near future — but politics is politics. All offworld teams are recalled and the stargate is shut down for a three-month review process. No one at Stargate Command is happy about that, or about Dr. Weir taking command. For her part, Weir doesn't intend to allow Kinsey to use her as a puppet to control the stargate. She is also aware of O'Neill's impending death and intends to deal with it. Kinsey wants O'Neill and the rest of SG-1 gone, but O'Neill's knowledge of the Lost City is crucial to winning the war against the Goa'uld. The Goa'uld, meanwhile, are now an immediate threat to Earth: Teal'c's mentor, Bra'tac, arrives through the stargate with the dire news that Anubis knows Earth has the repository of Ancient knowledge, and he is about to attack. In three days, he and his army of Kull Warrior supersoldier drones will arrive. Kinsey thinks this is all a ruse to keep the program running and SG-1 in place. But Weir knows better. — and because the knowledge in O'Neill's head is the only chance of saving Earth … well, Kinsey's private agenda be damned. She's in charge of Stargate Command now, not him. She believes that the threat to Earth is real and that America owes Col. O'Neill the chance to make what might be his ultimate sacrifice. Judging from the Ancient word that issues from his lips, the time for that sacrifice is coming soon. Bra'tac returns home to Chulak. Teal'c goes with him, in the hope of procuring warriors and ships to protect Earth. O'Neill is about to give Teal'c the "if I don't see you again speech." But Teal'c is certain they will. The rest of SG-1 hopes he's right.”

Lost City 2
                              Original Air Date: 03/19/2004

Spoiler:
                              ”A lot is riding on Col. O'Neill's "fron" — the Ancient word for head: Having had the repository of Ancient knowledge downloaded into his mind, he now, hopefully, will soon know the secret location of The Lost City of the Ancients, where the power to defeat Anubis is thought to lie. And with Anubis and his super-drone army rapidly approaching Earth, SG-1 can only pray that O'Neill will "go Ancient" soon — even though everyone sadly knows that when that happens, O'Neill's physical composition won't be able to stand the transition for long, and he will die. The process seems to have already begun: Dr. Daniel Jackson notices O'Neill has written some Ancient words into a crossword puzzle he was trying to finish while he can still read English. Daniel discerns that they are not words but syllables of two words — Praclarush Taonas, the planet where the Lost City lies. But Daniel also figures out that each syllable also is a clue to the planet's stargate address — one they tried dialing two years ago without success. That means the stargate is buried. Maj. Carter can use the address to chart the planet's position in space, but they'll have to travel there by ship. Dr. Elizabeth Weir — the newly installed head of Stargate Command — reminds them that the starship Prometheus can't be taken now, as it is Earth's last line of defense against Anubis. Teal'c and Bra'tac, however, have procured an unarmed interstellar cargo ship on Chulak. The ship was stolen from Anubis by a free Jaffa named Ronan, who joins them in their mission. They and SG-1 travel to Praclarush Taonas with a load of equipment that O'Neill has packed without knowing why. O'Neill also senses they're not traveling fast enough, and he modifies the engines in a way that even Carter can't fathom. She tells O'Neill she has authorization to take control of the team if she determines his brain has become too overwritten with Ancient consciousness. He tells her to take command now. Anubis begins the attack on Earth. An American aircraft carrier and a battle cruiser are destroyed by one of his ships. Communications across the planet are knocked out. Vice-President Kinsey runs to Stargate Command to 'gate to the Alpha Site. At the White House, President Hayes — who has been meeting with top officials, including Gen. Hammond, and has spoken with a projection of Anubis himself — tells his team to stand and fight. He orders the Prometheus to launch. SG-1 arrives at its destination to find the surface of the planet is molten. Carter surmises that since O'Neill packed Hazmat suits, he knew what they were going to find. He points out a bubble-like anomaly that Carter identifies as a perfectly formed sphere of molten rock. SG-1 rings into the structure as Bra'tac and Ronan move to a safe distance from the planet's intense heat. O'Neill walks to a throne-like chair, takes off his Hazmat hood, sits down and places his hand on an armrest control. The atmosphere in the structure becomes safe. O'Neill then activates a holographic map that shows Earth and says two words: Terra and Atlantis. The location is Antarctica. O'Neill then puts his hood back on and deactivates the map and the atmosphere control. He also activates a panel in the floor, behind which is a power source that they remove. SG-1 signals Bra'tac to ring them out before the structure collapses. Alas, Bra'tac has been severely wounded by Ronan, who is really a spy for Anubis. Bra'tac kills Ronan, and, though he is weakened, he still manages to activate the rings. O'Neill, who now seems to possess the healing power of the Ancients as well as their knowledge, heals Bra'tac. At Stargate Command, Kinsey demands that Dr. Weir allow him to escape to the Alpha Site. Suddenly, an unscheduled offworld activation occurs. Weir closes the iris just before a massive explosion occurs on the other side. Anubis has dialed in. Kinsey isn't going anywhere. He and Weir face off over whether or not to send the Prometheus to cover SG-1 at Antarctica. Kinsey tries to relieve Weir and take command, but President Hayes demands, and receives, Kinsey's resignation via speakerphone and approves Weir's suggestion to send the Prometheus to Antarctica. In Antarctica, at the point O'Neill indicated, the cargo ship burns a hole in the ice with the ring transporter, which O'Neill has radically modified. Anubis' fleet arrives and moves in for the kill. Suddenly, the Prometheus, under the command of Gen. Hammond, arrives with a fleet of F-302 fighter jets. Though outclassed and outgunned, Hammond buys SG-1 the time it needs to ring under the ice. There, O'Neill finds a chamber and utters an Ancient word that Daniel translates as "sleep." Anubis' super-drones ring in and engage SG-1 in a firefight. O'Neill goes to a chair and platform much like the one on the fiery planet, removes a burnt-out power supply from the platform and replaces it with the new one. He then activates the chair and platform. Thousands of energy beams shoot upward into space; they avoid the Prometheus, which has engaged Anubis' mothership — and destroy Anubis and his fleet! Back in the ice cave, it is now obvious that this base, like the outpost on the molten planet, is not the Lost City. O'Neill, drained to exhaustion, indicates that he needs to go into the chamber he pointed out earlier. The chamber activates, freezing O'Neill into suspended animation as he says, "Aveo ... amacuse" — Ancient for "good-bye."”

Oh dear! Are Jack and Daniel having their first serious lovers' tiff?

Apparently Jack accused Daniel of spying on him, which of course, he wasn’t……

In fact, he was watching Martin giving a couple of Kull Warriors some much needed direction ……….

“You put your left arm in, your left arm out. In out, in out, shake it all about
                              You do the hokey cokey and you turn around, that's what it's all about."

"Come on guys, it’s not that difficult! Let’s show the General what we can do…….… “

And who do we have here?

“And for my next trick, I will juggle not two, not three, but FIVE invisible tennis balls!”

Yeah, that Coopie can sure write a humdinger of a double ep, huh?

Comment

Jumble...you're insane *giggles at story*

WOOHOO WTG Wendy! that's awesome hon!

Speaking of cars...I switched cars with dad yesterday(needed his bigger one because I was helping mom) came back at the end of the afternoon and he was a bit too nervous...what happened...he forgot he had it in the first gear when starting and drove against a fence*headdesk*...poor car...it'll need a new front bumper now...and licence plate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X