No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumble, good credit card tips. I never thought about saving the interest, I just didn't want to get caught in the debt trap of them.

Linesmen? So that is what they are called. I just saw them put flags up. I will never understand the game.

MQ will be fixed when everything else gets fixed.
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      Jumble, good credit card tips. I never thought about saving the interest, I just didn't want to get caught in the debt trap of them.
      I learned a long time ago how to avoid those traps

Linesmen? So that is what they are called. I just saw them put flags up. I will never understand the game.
      I don't claim to understand it, I just enjoyed watching the Dutch goalie
      MQ will be fixed when everything else gets fixed.
      By which time they'll probably upgrade again and give us a whole load of new problems

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Yay Jann bet you're so excited! How long are you out there for, is it a year?
        Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Pretty sure Jann is being let loose on the unsuspecting USA for a whole year
        Yep one year...or well...almost a year. I think I'll be there till June

Ugh. Just saw that my phone doesn't has service anymore(no contact with provider)...what's the case...I canceled my subscription of it to make it pre-paid(coz of going to the USA) and they would send me a new sim card....what did my provider do...they canceled the sim card already but I haven't got the new one yet. Ugh...and that while I am getting a call from my doctor tomorrow(and they only have that number). Stupid phone company...they already know this for over a freakin' month!

On the other hand...I got my "packing box" today...so I can start...*gulp* packing...and got an email from the university to register for my classes*gulps again*
        sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jann* That's pretty much what I'd expect from the phone company

Maybe you should call your doctor's office and give them your home number so you don't miss the call?

Comment

*hugs Jann* That's pretty much what I'd expect from the phone company

Maybe you should call your doctor's office and give them your home number so you don't miss the call?
            I am going to do that tomorrow morning since the office is already close...the same with the call center of the phone company. The fun
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              I am going to do that tomorrow morning since the office is already close...the same with the call center of the phone company. The fun
              Your phone company call centre closes this early? That's ridiculous

Anywoo, I'm sure it'll all get fixed. It's just really annoying that they couldn't get it right in the first place

Comment

Your phone company call centre closes this early? That's ridiculous

Anywoo, I'm sure it'll all get fixed. It's just really annoying that they couldn't get it right in the first place
                They did I just called the "service center" and asked them to re-activate my number since the new card wasn't in...but the people who did that already went home so she couldn't do it...she did promise that the letter with my new sim card was on its way and I will get it tomorrow....and she admit it was a mistake from her side...(she felt bad)

Buuuuuuut that means I am still unavailable

*le sigh*
                sigpic

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  *iz at work*

*flails quietly*

No not yet!! I'm struggling even with making a list - so inexperience when it comes to travel anywhere outside of Europe! And heres Jumble thinking she was bringing me on as a knowledgeable chaparone !

Just started making an itinerary though so hopefully the list making will develop out of that

Yay Jann bet you're so excited! How long are you out there for, is it a year?
                  It'll be fine, but feel free to PM/FB/text/ring me if you're in a panic or think I might be able to help with anything Same goes for you, Jumble

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Yep one year...or well...almost a year. I think I'll be there till June

Ugh. Just saw that my phone doesn't has service anymore(no contact with provider)...what's the case...I canceled my subscription of it to make it pre-paid(coz of going to the USA) and they would send me a new sim card....what did my provider do...they canceled the sim card already but I haven't got the new one yet. Ugh...and that while I am getting a call from my doctor tomorrow(and they only have that number). Stupid phone company...they already know this for over a freakin' month!

On the other hand...I got my "packing box" today...so I can start...*gulp* packing...and got an email from the university to register for my classes*gulps again*
                  Oh Jann it's so exciting! But rather scary too I know, because I lived abroad for a year while I was a student too (in France and then Austria) so I know how scary it is to leave everything behind and move abroad and set yourself up in a whole new country. But I'm sure your university can give you lots of help if you need it *hugs*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                    The trick is not to spend more than you can pay off. Never allow it to accumulate. If you can do that, it is the best way to go. Plus it builds up your credit if you ever really need something that is too much to buy outright (ex. - a new car).

Originally posted by Sarai
                    No not yet!! I'm struggling even with making a list - so inexperience when it comes to travel anywhere outside of Europe! And heres Jumble thinking she was bringing me on as a knowledgeable chaparone !

Just started making an itinerary though so hopefully the list making will develop out of that
                    - just remember you guys asked!!!!!

Okay, from someone who has traveled a lot.....here is my (probably worthless) advise (generally for the ladies only). One thing you need more than you think - underwear. If you are going to be gone for 10 days, bring 15+ pairs of panties. Trust me. Changing in the evening is a pleasure that makes you feel so much better. You might wash them, but still you will want more than you think. And cut down on the clothes you bring. Most people pack things and never wear them. - 1 week = 2 pairs of slacks (semi-neutral in color) and one more per each added week. Blouses - bring interchangeable colors so you can wear the same blouse with each pair of pants. 2 Bras. Socks or knee highs - extra pairs - they are small and you can pack them easily. One nice pair of shoes and one (or two) sandles or tennies. If you are there for about 12 days or more - 2 nightgowns or pj's, slippers, makeup, etc. Also, one dress or skirt (that goes with the tops you bring).

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF PACKING - take a change of underwear and all your makeup and absolutely all important papers (INCLUDING YOUR PASSPORT) and ALL money and credit cards inside the plane with you - but don't over burden yourself in weight. If your luggage gets lost you need to think which absolute items you need to have to last a day or so. Trust me - my luggage has gone some very interesting places and didn't take me along. Try being in Spain on a Sunday without pj's or a change of clothes. Plus all luggage can be searched. Anything like jewelry, money, cameras, etc can disappear faster than you can say oops. Hope that helps some.
                    sigpic

Comment

Laurie Are you trying to scare us???

Thanks for the advice, it all helps

But only two bras? Maybe I need to rethink my list

Comment

Howdy WooHoo's

Why is that everytime I post here there is some weird or disgusting ad playing at the bottom of the page just under the "reply to thread" button?
                        Answers people! I need answers!

Other than that I have nothing to offer. I am an extremely boring human being today.

Psssst...Jann. Don't worry about coming to the US. Trust me, you will fit right in...scary isn't it?

*runz*

sigpic

Comment

Odd. All I'm getting is an advert for The One Plan with three.co.uk Or is there something weird and disgusting about that which you know but we don't?

How's your head?

Comment

I currently hate myself.

Had to register for classes in the USA...in the end picked a few(not all that I wanted ) buuuut I made it so that all my classes are in the mornings *headdesk* and I'm NOT a morning person *sob*
                            *hits self*

Bree...I'm sure I fit right in with my craziness...why do you think I'm going to live there? I'm looking for my own "species"
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi guys.

*Huggles Woohoos*

I was wondering if anyone had some good quality Coopie pics that I could use for this weeks art challenge?
                              Thanks!
                              sigpic

Comment

EDIT: Darn those double posts.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X