The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    His seems to be the one I hear each time I surface..........

Cags, when I got back from the docs there was a message on my answerphone from his receptionist telling me that I'd left my notebook behind (I'd written stuff down so I wood remember to tell him, because my brain is so scrambled ) and that she had put it in an envelope with my name on and wood keep it safe for me to collect next time I'm there! Wasn't that nice?

Just because you've been stuck with the same surgery all this time is not a good reason to stay! And from what you say, they don't bother reading your notes anyway. Much better to start afresh with somone new I'd say
    I couldn't have said it any better myself

I used to be in a similar position that your in Cags, my old doctor was completely hopeless. The final straw was when she gave me really strong painkillers to help me sleep (I was in no pain whatsoever). I've now found an amazing doctor who has discovered things wrong with me....even when I wasn't showing any symptoms of the problem

Comment

*Huggles teh Woohoos*

Not going to be here much tomorrow as I am going down to Vegas to visit my niece and nephew.
      And it's getting really late here so night WOoohoo!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I want to thank all so many of you for your well wishes. It really did help me feel better. I am waiting now to hear when I need to fly in for the funeral. I think the hardest time is several hours after I heard. Even though I knew it would happen, somewhere deep inside you hold this hope that it won't and she would recover from an unrecoverable cancer. My emotions are in and out right now. I can laugh and cry within seconds of each other. And the loss of my friend reminds me of my mother which also makes my emotions go up and down. But as all things, time will dim the pain and bring out the good and funny and loving memories that exist in my heart and mind. Again, thank you for your kind words and many hugs. It was truly appreciated. Laurie
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          *hugs Laurie* It's wonderful that you've had these special women who have had / are such an influence in your life.

*sings (badly)* We Are A Happy Family
          Heeheehee You rock Oma!

On the music front, I've also thought about this, which is beautiful beyond words, one of my faves, and not very long, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Take care of yourself, Jumble. Good that you have clarified everything.
            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Aw, lookee what I found in my inbox this morning from Bree ...

Thank you

Bekki I didn't really notice his eyes, which shows you how worried I really was

Feeling a lot better, just still not seeing too well It seems to be ok until I try to concentrate on my screen or read a book, then I find there's loads of holes in my vision I'm sure it'll be fine in a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                Heeheehee You rock Oma!

On the music front, I've also thought about this, which is beautiful beyond words, one of my faves, and not very long, lol.
                Oh that is beautiful. I like Pachellbel's Canon but that's really a bit weddingy for what you're doing. I do like the idea of classical music... although I'm not sure if the cello might come off a little bit dirgey if you know what I mean. I think it sounds just great but then I love deeper toned instruments like that.

I was giving this far too much thought last night (as you do when insomnia strikes ) and I thought of couple of songs that might be nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqOt1Ijlihk (it was used in a phone advert over here but I love the lines in the middle: Just another life to live, just a word to say, just another love to give and a diamond day )

The track I used for my work video was called Peacefully Sleep which is kind of lullabyish and can be found here: http://freeplaymusic.com (they have loads of searchable music you can preview and download for free so, if you're anything like me, you may end up spending some time on that site. )

The theme from "Dances With Wolves" (perhaps to cinematic but a lovely piece of music.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJLPckUEcao (and now, I feel a sudden urge to watch that film again now )

And in the cheese category there is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb94x94NJvo

I need to get a life don't I? That or sleeping pills.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Aw, lookee what I found in my inbox this morning from Bree ...

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...artin_blue.jpg

Thank you

Feeling a lot better, just still not seeing too well It seems to be ok until I try to concentrate on my screen or read a book, then I find there's loads of holes in my vision I'm sure it'll be fine in a day or two.
                Oh that is pretty.

Blimey it really was a bad migraine wasn't it. Here's hoping you slowly but surely get back to normal and your vision isn't too wiggy for too long. *huggles*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Finally I've seen a few pics from my friend's wedding... here's one of me for those of you who wanted to see:

Spoiler:
                  []http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/31882_398405731745_537566745_470563.jpg[/]

Still going to have to wait a while for the formal ones
                  Absolutely gorgeous - can't wait to see more pics! My sis is getting very nervous now and I'm starting to panic about silly little things - like how fast to walk up the aisle, which side to sit on (I can't remember which is traditionally the brides side!) etc.. .

Jumble glad to hear everything went ok at the Doc's, hope the meds he gave you get the job done quickly *squishy huggles*. Take it easy though, and don't try to do things too fast

Comment

*blushes at all the nice comments* Thanks everyone

*hugs Laurie and Jumble some more*

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    Absolutely gorgeous - can't wait to see more pics! My sis is getting very nervous now and I'm starting to panic about silly little things - like how fast to walk up the aisle, which side to sit on (I can't remember which is traditionally the brides side!) etc.. .
                    Don't panic, the registrar/vicar (is it church or a civil ceremony?) will talk you through it all, and the bride's side is the left

Not surprised you're starting to get nervous, and hope your sister's OK! I'll all be lovely though I'm sure
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I iz still alive...sorta...

Sorry I'm still so quiet but school is REALLY busy combined with RL...

*hugs all*

Oh and Josi I love the pic! You look very like a very innocent bridesmaid

*runs out again because she still has lots to do!*
                      sigpic

Comment

Um...Everyone OK??

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37467424...ope/?GT1=43001
                        sigpic

Comment

Did you guys hear about what happened in Cumbria?! Crazyness . Please send your thoughts and prayers out to those involved and their friends and family. And if you're not sure what I'm talking about the BBC news report is here.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          Don't panic, the registrar/vicar (is it church or a civil ceremony?) will talk you through it all, and the bride's side is the left

Not surprised you're starting to get nervous, and hope your sister's OK! I'll all be lovely though I'm sure
                          It's a civil ceremony at Raven Hall and the registrar is my aunt so I'm sure it'll be less scary ! Thanks though, all tips helpful so I don't sound like a complete plonker!

*huggles Jann for busyness*

I'm heading out to pack now and probably won't be back before the end of the weekend so everyone hope you have a good few days *huggles Woohoos*.

EDIT: *huggles LJ* None of the Woohoos live in that area, I'm hoping there aren't any friends and family around there either?

Comment

It's shocking LJ. Even more so in the UK where we don't really have a gun culture at all and crimes like this happen... well almost never.

Thinking from memory there are no Woohoos from that part of the country that I know of but, you know, people may have relatives there. I have a friend in Cumbria that I've been in contact with who has been worrying about another friend from that area she hasn't been able to get hold of all day.

Thanks for thinking of us.
                            sigpic

Comment

Have an awesome time Sarai, hope it all goes really really well and that you all have a wonderful day, especially your sister and her fiance Can't wait to see photos and hear all about it

As for the shootings, it's awful It happens so rarely over here, it's such a shock Thankfully I don't know anyone who lives up there, but I hope all the other Woohoos' friends and families are all safe, and my thoughts are with those who have been affected too
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs our UK WooHoos*
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X