The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay! *looks forward to pics*

Also, I appreciate your use of the word sparkling! Gives me the inside tingles!!!

*kisses Jumbly's head again*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Pardon me for changing the subject of this thread for a few moments.

May use to be such a great month and such good things still happen. But today has turned into another very sad day. My Mother died this month (just before Mother's Day) a few years ago and now her best friend, my substitute Mom has passed. Mind you she was 89 and had a good life, but it doesn't make it any easier.

I sit here with tears flowing down my cheeks thinking how they have all about left now. Only one Aunt remains. My dear sweet Aunt who had to call me today to let me know. And I had to remain the strong one to allow her to mourn the loss of her childhood friend. Such is the way of our families. We have been interwoven within each others lives for generations.

I know that this is all part of life and I will continue on. But for right now, I want to just remember what really great women my Mother and Evelyn represented. They had their faults, they were human. But they stood up for their families and themselves. They were remarkable woman, remarkable people.

And although Heaven is a little better off now, I for one feel a little more lost.
      What a beautiful thing to say Laurie. I hope you feel a little better today and if not know that we are all here for you when you need us

*huggles Jumble* Hope it all goes ok at the Doctor's today - keep us posted won't you? *huggles tighter*

Still full of cold and at work wishing this day wood end !

EDIT: 2 awesome sneezes - win!

Comment

Something fun (ish) to think about. I want to do another family adoption vid. Any ideas for a song? I was thinking maybe this... But I'm not sure. What song wood YOU use?
        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Laurie* So sorry to hear that, but what a lovely thing to say. Thinking of you all.

*huggles Jumble* Glad all is OK gas-wise and that you've got an appointment at the doctor. I have my fingers tightly crossed that all is well and that you feel better soon!

*huggles Bekki* Glad today's potential crisis was averted (or yesterday's, for you, I guess, darn timezones ) and hope the talk isn't of the bad/awkward/embarrassing/problematic kind and more of the positive/fuzzy/good kind... Totally with you on the gossip train thing, it never helps in these situations!

*huggles everyone else*
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks for all the huggles and good vibes

The Doc says what I've had is a classic but severe cluster, and he's put me on beta-bockers to try to get it under control and hopefully stop it happening again. I hate drugs

But he was really nice and helpful and took me seriously when I said I wanted to make sure I hadn't got a brain tumour

Apparently for that you first have to have a brain

I still feel really rough and the vision is still wobbly, so I'm going back to bed.

Bree the CH man left th detector here so if there is ever a CM leak it'll shriek and flash so we all know about it

LJ I like the song, but can't think clearly enough to offer any help, sorry

Comment

Oh, although I couldn't watch the tv for the last few days, I did have some WW eps playing just to avoid total silence.............

..... and I woke up around 3am this morning wanting to play pool with Toby........ FOR MONEY!!!!

Comment

*huggles Jumble some more* Glad it's nothing more serious, you take care of yourself and rest up and hope you'll be fully recovered soon!

And WW is a great recovery aid Toby's voice is very soothing I find...
                sigpic

Comment

*hugs Laurie* It's wonderful that you've had these special women who have had / are such an influence in your life.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Something fun (ish) to think about. I want to do another family adoption vid. Any ideas for a song? I was thinking maybe this... But I'm not sure. What song wood YOU use?
                  *sings (badly)* We Are A Happy Family

*huggles Jumbly* I hope these meds work for you quickly! What a sucky week
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    Oh I like that song. I will have a think though and see if anything else comes to mind that might suit but I think that could work just as well.
                    Have you thought about something completely instrumental to let the pictures / words on screen speak for themselves? There's a site I used to get some music for a video I made for work that is royalty free so no potential copyright issues to worry about.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    Thanks for all the huggles and good vibes

The Doc says what I've had is a classic but severe cluster, and he's put me on beta-bockers to try to get it under control and hopefully stop it happening again. I hate drugs

But he was really nice and helpful and took me seriously when I said I wanted to make sure I hadn't got a brain tumour

Apparently for that you first have to have a brain

Er, no. If my brother is anything to go by, brain is not necessary to have a tumour in it. (and I have to say the first sign he had that something was wrong was a funny taste in the back of his throat and he kept jerking awake, both happening just as he was drifting off to sleep. Brains are funny old things aren't they!)

A relief to see you've got some reassurance though. You may not like the drugs but if they help then thats's what counts.

Oh what you said before about your doctors... what a lovely surgery! I thought all surgeries were are hidious as mine. My GP is very good at his job but about as tactful as... well, example; I'm sat in his office bawling my eyes out while he writes me up a certificate to sign me off work as I'm miscarrying after my second successful-but-not-for-long IVF attempt and he casually throws into the conversation "Have you thought about adoption?" Really! Why Yes Dr W, that's exactly what I am thinking about right now. Good job I was too much of a mess to deck him really.
                    Oh and there was the receptionist who announced very loudly to a packed waiting room that I'd need to have counselling before I could have a HIV test. When I explained why I was having it (because all IVF patients in the UK have to test for that among other things) she then repeated that back very loudly and publicly to me so everyone and his mother could eavesdrop in... :headdesk:
                    I think there's a special school all doctor's receptionists go to to learn how to be and indescrete and unhelpful as possible... or is that just me?
                    I would change GPs but he's been my GP since I was a in my early teens (really) and I'd have to break in a new doctor with all my woes.

Ooooh that turned into a rant.

Anyhoo... *huggles Jumble* I hope you're feeling better tomorrow and continue to improve.

Bekki, good to hear your, er, thing didn't include actual regurgitation... eeew! And good luck with that talk. Here's hoping it's a good talk not a squirmy variety.

*huggles Sarai* Get well soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Finally I've seen a few pics from my friend's wedding... here's one of me for those of you who wanted to see:

Spoiler:

Still going to have to wait a while for the formal ones
                      sigpic

Comment

*is glad jumble's OK-ish*
                        *giggles at Bekki*
                        *Loves Josi's pic*
                        *Can't think of music for LJ*
                        *Thinks WooHoos are funny*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          *huggles Jumble some more* Glad it's nothing more serious, you take care of yourself and rest up and hope you'll be fully recovered soon!

And WW is a great recovery aid Toby's voice is very soothing I find...
                          His seems to be the one I hear each time I surface..........

Cags, when I got back from the docs there was a message on my answerphone from his receptionist telling me that I'd left my notebook behind (I'd written stuff down so I wood remember to tell him, because my brain is so scrambled ) and that she had put it in an envelope with my name on and wood keep it safe for me to collect next time I'm there! Wasn't that nice?

Just because you've been stuck with the same surgery all this time is not a good reason to stay! And from what you say, they don't bother reading your notes anyway. Much better to start afresh with somone new I'd say

Comment

Oh you look lovely Josiane

Comment

Morning Woohoos

Jumbly - sorry you're still icky sicky, but happy that it's not an uber nasty!!! Hope you feel better soon!...and maybe I missed it, but I don't recall you mentioning whether the doc's eyes were sink-into-able?

Josi - pretty pretty pretty!!! That's a lovely colour too! Looking forward to more pics

LJ, I can't think of any good music off my noggin (it's too busy studying for exams today ) but I shall keep thinking!

*huggles everyone*
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow Josi! Goegeous dress. You look lovely.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                His seems to be the one I hear each time I surface..........

Cags, when I got back from the docs there was a message on my answerphone from his receptionist telling me that I'd left my notebook behind (I'd written stuff down so I wood remember to tell him, because my brain is so scrambled ) and that she had put it in an envelope with my name on and wood keep it safe for me to collect next time I'm there! Wasn't that nice?

Just because you've been stuck with the same surgery all this time is not a good reason to stay! And from what you say, they don't bother reading your notes anyway. Much better to start afresh with somone new I'd say
                                Aww, that is good.

You're probably right. This is the same surgery that a doctor prescribed me penicillin (which I am highly allergic to and which I took without realising and that landed me in hospital ).

NOw I make them sound really bad, don't I!

We might be moving in the not-too-distant future which wood mean I wood have to change anyway but I think I will look about and see if I can find one as nice as yours.

C~x
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X