Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    I've called the Gasman.

I know that doesn't make sense...............
    It made sense to me. We must have the same fuzzy logic there then.

Go sit outside for an hour or so and see if you start feeling better. If the gasman can't help you, doctors for you. Don't delay. *huggles*
    sigpic

Comment

No, not that sort of gas. Gas as in fuel for the heating and cooking in the house. They put a new meter in last week, the day I got sick, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with it Should know within the next couple of hours.
      Yeah, ok. That sounds very logical!

...Mayby it proves that it's my mind that has the funky twist somewhere... I was already outlining a script to give to Damian.
      I could *so* see the Tesla/ Gasman fight.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

...Mayby it proves that it's my mind that has the funky twist somewhere... I was already outlining a script to give to Damian.
        OMG I've just fallen under my table, scaring my neighbors with hysteric laughter!
        I like how your mind works
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          It made sense to me. We must have the same fuzzy logic there then.

Go sit outside for an hour or so and see if you start feeling better. If the gasman can't help you, doctors for you. Don't delay. *huggles*
          You want me to go and sit outside in the rain for an hour and catch pneumonia?

I've got all the doors and windows open and the gas is turned off. I'm still feeling pretty muzzy though

Oh send it! He needs all the help he can get with those wacky storylines

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
            OMG I've just fallen under my table, scaring my neighbors with hysteric laughter!
            I like how your mind works
            Sorry to the neighbours.

And yeah. It wood be awesome!

I've got all the doors and windows open and the gas is turned off. I'm still feeling pretty muzzy though
            Oh come on... water makes the plants grow!

Oh send it! He needs all the help he can get with those wacky storylines
            *nods*

Dear Damian,

Do you know what the fans need?
            A Tesla/Gasman fight!

...You have no idea who Gasman is? Why, don't worry.
            Here's the script!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
            Nad.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh... doesn't cut it really...

Why don't we have a LMAO smiley?

Er...yes, ok you may have a point. I guess that answers the question I've been procrastinating over (whether to risk hanging the washing out or not.)

My guess is if you have had the house well ventilated the last few days anyway, probably not an issue unless it's a very bad one and then, uh, well, you'd be a lot sicker. You never can tell though. We had a gas (proper gas not CO) leak in this house for years - most probably from before we moved in. I've got a lousy sense of smell but I swore I could smell it and I kept nagging people who told me I was imagining things. EventuallyI called out the gasman to check but he found nothing and more or less told me I was bonkers. It was only after we ripped up the carpet in the hall to finally redecorate (ten years after we first moved in and when Benjabubs was about 8 months old) that everyone else could suddenly smell it. Gasman came again and evacuated us as it was that bad. I don't even want to think about how scary that is or what might have happened. Luckily it was in the supply pipe so they had to repair it for free and it was a simple repair too... and they put my awkwardly positioned gas meter back in a more user friendly place which was a bargain.

The type of gas you're thinking of doesn't smell though so best get a professional to check just in case. If only for peace of mind. Normally I'd be saying probably nothing to worry about blah blah blah but... ah this is you we're talking about Jumble, and if it's going to happen to anyone it'll be you, you can bet on it.

*huggles*
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jumbly* Hopefully the gasman can help you! It sounds bad though!

*runs out again*
                (at a friend's place and we're supposed to be working on our assignment(magazine))
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jumble* Hope it gets sorted and you feel better too *hugs*
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Oh... doesn't cut it really...

Why don't we have a LMAO smiley?
                    We do!

<snipped because this darned quotey thing is bad enough when I can see straight and is a pain in the vbutt when I cant

The type of gas you're thinking of doesn't smell though so best get a professional to check just in case. If only for peace of mind. Normally I'd be saying probably nothing to worry about blah blah blah but... ah this is you we're talking about Jumble, and if it's going to happen to anyone it'll be you, you can bet on it.

*huggles*
                    Are you suggesting I have an uncanny knack of having weird things happen to me that woodn't normally happen to, er...., 'normal' people????

I can't imagine why you wood think that

Ok, so the Gasman came and checked - no gas leaks

Then he said he didn't have the right equipment to check for Carbon Monoxode so couldn't turn the gas back on until I'd got the Central Heating Engineer to come out with his equipment and do all the safety checks........... so then along came the CH Engineer with his special equipment (a little box about 2 inches square with buttons and flashing lights), which didn't flash because apparently there is no CM escaping and everything is safe

So now I'm left feeling a lot better but still not quite right (I know, when am I ever? ) and wondering if it's just the aftermath of a particularly bad cluster or should I try to get an appoinement to get my head checked?

I'll see how I feel tomorrow............

Comment

Jumble, I even don't know what would be better - a gas leak, probably
                      Altho that story of Cags soungs really scary
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I wood imagine a gas leak is a lot easier to fix

I have an appointment with a doctor in three hours.

Not my doctor. He's gone on holiday.

So I'll have to allow a total stranger to gaze deeply into my eyes..................

Comment

Are you suggesting I have an uncanny knack of having weird things happen to me that woodn't normally happen to, er...., 'normal' people????

I can't imagine why you wood think that

Err... On the plus side, at least you can say life is anything but boring for you.

Ok, so the Gasman came and checked - no gas leaks

Then he said he didn't have the right equipment to check for Carbon Monoxode so couldn't turn the gas back on until I'd got the Central Heating Engineer to come out with his equipment and do all the safety checks........... so then along came the CH Engineer with his special equipment (a little box about 2 inches square with buttons and flashing lights), which didn't flash because apparently there is no CM escaping and everything is safe

So now I'm left feeling a lot better but still not quite right (I know, when am I ever? ) and wondering if it's just the aftermath of a particularly bad cluster or should I try to get an appoinement to get my head checked?

I'll see how I feel tomorrow............
                          Well that's a relief in a way. At least you know one less thing to worry over.

I wood imagine a gas leak is a lot easier to fix

I have an appointment with a doctor in three hours.

Not my doctor. He's gone on holiday.

So I'll have to allow a total stranger to gaze deeply into my eyes..................
                          Good luck! They may be very good looking eyes you get to stare into.

Even when my GP is't on holiday getting an appointment to see him is virtually impossible and, frankly, the other GPs at the surgery are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. I keep wanting to go back and get some things checked on but I just know I'll get frustrated if I have to explain it all to one of the others who will probably send me on my way with a prescription for something I don't need and tell me it's normal while I silently scream "have you read my notes at all?"

I currently hate all doctors and dentists. But mostly dentists right now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Err... On the plus side, at least you can say life is anything but boring for you.
                            Or you, presumably, by association

Well that's a relief in a way. At least you know one less thing to worry over.

Good luck! They may be very good looking eyes you get to stare into.
                            Crossing my fingers that they're green

Even when my GP is't on holiday getting an appointment to see him is virtually impossible and, frankly, the other GPs at the surgery are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. I keep wanting to go back and get some things checked on but I just know I'll get frustrated if I have to explain it all to one of the others who will probably send me on my way with a prescription for something I don't need and tell me it's normal while I silently scream "have you read my notes at all?"

I currently hate all doctors and dentists. But mostly dentists right now.
                            Ah, the doctors at my surgery believe it's better for patients to mostly see their 'own' GP for that personal touch I see mine about 95% of the time, and only on these kind of sudden appointments do I normally see someone else.

Once upon a time several years ago, one of the children I was caring for needed urgent attention. I took him down to my doc's surgery (not the child's) because it was nearer and one does tend to run to somewhere familiar in times of stress. It was lunchtime and my Doc had finished his morning surgery and was heading off for lunch when he saw me. He got a quick run down of what was wrong, took us back into the surgery and did what was needed immediately, including speaking to the child's mother to assure her that he was fine and not to worry He also sent his nurse to get me a cup of tea because he reckoned I was more upset than the child was

Maybe you should think about finding another surgery. The one you've got doesn't sound like there's much caring going on

Comment

*trundles on into the thread*

Hiya Woodiehoos

*kisses Jumbly's head*
                              *squishy huggles Laurie*

I hope I find you all happy on this cold Tuesday evening

I had my acting assessment this morning! No mouth touching (though other groups had some...), no real regurgitation (though other groups had some) and no accidental me-jumping-friend's bones (...no other groups had any of that either...thankfully) Another crisis averted

...although now I hear on the gossip train (aka going to university with people who all live together) that my friend wants to have a 'talk' with me about my feeling for him...

...I really hate the gossip train! Will keep you posted
                              sigpic

Comment

Back from Vermont. Back to work so I will make this short.

(((((Laurie)))) I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute to these women was lovely.

((((Jumble)))) I hope the doctor can figure out what is going on with these migraines. On a side note, even though nothing was found to be wrong in your house, do you have a carbon monoxide detector in you place? Char and I have one in our apartment (it's a very old building) and it has saved us more than once.

Vermont was awesome, Woodstock was fun, the Hooker Brewery was also fun.
                                I am going to try to put some pix up ASAP (when I get home ) because we also went to a place called. "The Path of Life" and it was amazing. I could try to describe it but without the pix it would not be the same.

Side note for Jann: you may want to pay close attention to some of the pix as we met up with a group of hunks who were camping and we kept running into them along the path. I ended up taking a picture of one of the sculptures with all hunks present.

More about that later.

Have a sparkling day WooHoo's!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X