• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now it's double-posting me

And won't let me delete it

Comment

GW gremlins. Such fun...NOT

On that note - and 4 glasses of cheap, nasty Chilean wine (because my man knows how to spoil me. ) I am off to bed.

Woodnight Woohoos!

*huggles*
      sigpic

Comment

*runs around nekkid*

GW is being naughty/annoying

*huggles Bree*

Yay for presentation and conquering your dentist Cags
        sigpic

Comment

So 6 pages behind but anyway...mom turned on the news...they have a few blocks of time square in NYC closed... *worries* The news says that there was a failed device there... Not cool (Fox has it on, CNN doesn't yet)

Great.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

okay, so scrolled through the pages after my whole OMW WHAT THE HECK'S GOING ON IN NYC MOMENT!

Bree, will still be keeping Lisa in my prayers. As much as you hate it, at least they do have a diagnosis now.

Oma, glad your daughter is home but about the break-up.

*huggles LJ and Jumble and everyone else*

Oh so the babysitting went okay. The littest one fell down and hit his head and I was of course worried (called his parents they said not to worry, happens at the time to little boys) but gave him gold fish crackers and the tears went away. I'm so worn out though. 3 hyper boys+a day and a half= no energy!Amanda

Computer is still with my bro. He says he's working on it but that it got a very bad infection but that all my data should be fine! Hopefully I'll get it back *soon*

Edit- oh and the speech went okay but it was way shorter than it should have been I think.

PTB picspam!

Last edited by Regularamanda; 01 May 2010, 08:42 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I was going to MQ but it's too late here for me to tackle that

*sends hugs and good vibes where they are needed*

I was at a Venezuelan party (there were a few people who were not Venezuelan) and I had tons of fun!
              I only wish my boyfriend could have gone to the party with me

*runs through thread nekkid*
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Why is GW so slow?! Or is it just me? I've been tired all day, pretty much slept the entire day. My body didn't want to do anything. Thank goodness my husband took care of the kids. I have such a great husband.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Morning Woohoos!

Weather's looking OKish so far... keeping my fingers firmly crossed...

Nik, I think you guys call a hen-do a bachelorette party? And a punt is a kind of boat that you propel along the river with a pole - it's a big thing in Oxford and also in Cambridge. Here's the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punting. It's lots of fun when it's sunny, but not so much when it's raining
                Thanks for the info. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                *bounces in*

My provisional licence arrived!!!
                Congrats! Is that like a learner's permit here in the US?

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                hey WooHoo's

Got called into work tonight so it will be another late one. Unfortunately I don't have time to catch up on the thread properly so *hugs* for those in need and *hugs* for everyone else just because we could all use a hug now and then.

I wanted to post this last night but didn't have time so I will do it now.
                My nephew called me yesterday and said that Lisa has been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. It is an inflammatory disease that causes an abnormal immune response and affects multiple organs in the body. It spreads from one organ to another. If it spreads to the brain, and in Lisa it has, it can be fatal. They are treating her with steroids but we won't know for a few days if it's working. Even in the best case scenarios it can take between 2 and 5 years to cure it and when'if they do cure the possibility of reoccurance is very high.
                Lisa needs prayers, good vibes, or anything positive you can send her way. This is scary for the whole family but especially for her. It's no fun when your body is slowly shutting down and you have two babies waiting for you at home.
                Even though it has spread to her brain we are staying hopeful. As jumble wisely pointed out to me "as long as they have a treatment, there is hope."

Thanks Woohoo's.
                *more hugs*
                Is it unusual that I knew what Sarcoidosis was? I watch too much House and it has been mentioned before. Lisa and her family are still in my prayers. I agree with Jumble, there is hope.

Oma, glad your daughter is home and she will definitely need her mother (whether she knows it or not) through this difficult time.

Cags, that's great that the dentist is finally going to pull your tooth out. Is he going to replace it or whatever dentists do when there is a missing tooth?

Amanda, I didn't know anything was going on in NYC. Been in bed most of the day and I don't watch the news. Is everything okay now? Glad babysitting went okay for you. I was always worried about the kids hurting themselves when I babysat back in the day. Now with two kids, I am used to it. I give them a kiss and a popsicle, and everything is back to normal.
                sigpic
                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                  Why is GW so slow?! Or is it just me?
                  No it's not you. The same thing has happened to me today....driving me nuts.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    hey WooHoo's

Got called into work tonight so it will be another late one. Unfortunately I don't have time to catch up on the thread properly so *hugs* for those in need and *hugs* for everyone else just because we could all use a hug now and then.

I wanted to post this last night but didn't have time so I will do it now.
                    My nephew called me yesterday and said that Lisa has been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. It is an inflammatory disease that causes an abnormal immune response and affects multiple organs in the body. It spreads from one organ to another. If it spreads to the brain, and in Lisa it has, it can be fatal. They are treating her with steroids but we won't know for a few days if it's working. Even in the best case scenarios it can take between 2 and 5 years to cure it and when'if they do cure the possibility of reoccurance is very high.
                    Lisa needs prayers, good vibes, or anything positive you can send her way. This is scary for the whole family but especially for her. It's no fun when your body is slowly shutting down and you have two babies waiting for you at home.
                    Even though it has spread to her brain we are staying hopeful. As jumble wisely pointed out to me "as long as they have a treatment, there is hope."

Thanks Woohoo's.
                    *more hugs*
                    *sends out hugs to Lisa*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      That's happening a lot Wendy The only way I've found round it if you want to quote is to copy and paste into Word, add/edit what you want, and then paste it into the reply box. Really annoying, but better than tearing your hair out with the darned cursor jumping about all over the quote box

Oh, how did the jousting go? Was it fun? Did you get involved? Got pics?
                      It was loads of fun! But then, it's always fun to boo The Sheriff of Nottingham. I didn't actually do any jousting -- would have been dangerous to others if I had! I've got some pics. After work, I shall get the best ones and show them

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      And now it's double-posting me

And won't let me delete it
                      That keeps happening to me, too

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Congrats! Is that like a learner's permit here in the US?
                      Sounds like it is. Just a licence to learn and be on the road whilst learning.

Amanda I don't know what's happening in NYC, but it sounds scary
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

The incident in Time Square was apparently an attempted terrorist attack, using a car bomb, but it was safely diffused and no damage done

Looking forward to those pics Wendy

Comment

I'm glad there was no damage and no one was hurt

And Happy Birthday to Brad! Maybe when I break out the jousting pictures, I'll sneak in a few Brad photos
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*crawls in*

Ouch, I hurt all over I forgot how painful punting is the day afterwards - I feel like I've pulled every muscle in my body But it was lots of fun and the rain held off exactly the right length of time (it started to rain just as we were bringing the punts back in to the boathouse by the bridge) and my friend really enjoyed her day

Right, catch-up time:

Oma - *hugs* for Hannah. She must be feeling awful, but even if she doesn't quite appreciate it yet, I'm sure deep down she's glad to be at home with her mum while she heals and recovers. Sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing, and keep that duct tape handy for Lea

Wendy - yay for you with the licence! The first lesson or so will be a bit scary I'm sure, but it's amazing how quickly you get used to being in the driver's seat And glad you had fun at the jousting!

*hugs Mara* and thanks for keeping us updated with the fic! I'm another one holding off until it's complete to read it though

Cags - *hugs* for your busy week but glad it's all such positive stuff.

Bree - so sorry to hear about Lisa, but as Jumble and others have said, now there's a diagnosis and they know how to treat it that's a positive thing. Sending all the positive vibes in the world across the Atlantic to you and her and her family.

Jumble - on the teapot song! I remember seeing that on QI and laughing then, but I imagine the hilarity is several orders of magnitude greater in the middle of Sainsbury's with two kids

Amanda - glad the babysitting went OK

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            And today, gardening and buying new bookcases so I can finally re-unpack all my big reference books I stashed away when I thought we were moving a couple of years ago. I should have been a librarian - it took me half the morning to categorise and alphabetise them.
                            You should have called me Did you know there's a website where you can catalogue your own books?

Edit: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD!!!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Glad to hear the rain held off for you Josiane Bet you're glad you're not punting today though, it's been bucketing down here all morning I blame Suz! She called me last night to invite me to the bbq they're having at the farm tonight

I didn't see Stephen do it on QI, that's why it was so hilarious when the kids did it And yes, in the middle of Sainsbury's was just the right place

Comment

Aww, Happy Birthday, Brad!
                                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Working...
                                X