• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*whistles*

I think you mean the Man Drawer
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I'm guessing that's Michael McIntyre's version? Hilarious!!!!!

I never quite got why it should be attributed to men, since everyone I know has one even if there's no man around to blame
      Last edited by Jumble; 19 April 2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        I'm guessing that's Michael McIntyre's version? Hilarious!!!!!

I never quite got why it should be attributed to men, since everyone I know has one even if there's no man around to blame
        Very true, as I have one too I guess it's just when men are around they tend to get possessive over said drawer. I know my Dad and my bro-in-law definitely are
        sigpic

Comment

Jumble and Jann on the drawer and keys.

The messy drawer or what my family called the "junk" drawer as it held all the junk that didn't go anywhere else seems to be a common denominator for humanity.
          That and keys that don't seem to fit anything but we keep them just in case we find out where they belong.
          Heaven forbid we come across a mysterious locked box or drawer and not have the key!
          It's when you lock the key inside the junk drawer that the real problems begin.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            *whistles*

I was just going to share the exact same link!! Darn internetelepathy

LJ thinking of you today .

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              I was just going to share the exact same link!! Darn internetelepathy

LJ thinking of you today .

And Jumble, yep, 23rd May is fine
              sigpic

Comment

Very true, as I have one too I guess it's just when men are around they tend to get possessive over said drawer. I know my Dad and my bro-in-law definitely are
                Hmm. I guess I've never had a man around long enough for him to get possessive over the messy drawer

Comment

Oh don't talk to me about keys! I have keys to padlocks that I don't know where they are, but I'm afraid if I throw the keys away the locks with miraculously appear and I'll be mad because I don't the keys

Elastic bands. I mean, who really needs millions of elastic bands FCOL? It's not like I use them ever, yet they gather in the messy drawer with no help from me at all. Scissors, batteries, instructions booklets, thumbtacks, staplers, staples (that don't fit the staplers ) selotape, string, chargers for phones that have long since died, sticky labels, luggage labels, little return address stickers, shoe laces, boxes of matches, candles, a bag of weird shaped bits of black rubber that I'm sure I'll need if I throw them away............ oh hey! The comb I thought I'd lost months ago and couldn't find another one as good *happy dance*

See? Your Dad being a useless male has it's advantages

Every cloud has a silver lining.........

Don't look a gift horse........ uh......... no that one doesn't work
                  Wish I had read this before typing so excuse the double post
                  Too true Jumble! And you really can't get rid of it because the very next day you will need whatever you got rid of. This is true because it happens to me all of the time. Charmaine gets rid of stuff I keep for years and the minute she tosses it I need it.
                  *whistles*

Wish I had speakers at work *sigh*
                  sigpic

Comment

You wouldn't believe what someone told me while I was shopping today. I was checking out the Stargate Seasons DVDs and a man beside me told me not to buy them, because the show wasn't that great. I looked at the man like he grew another head. I informed him that it was an excellent show that was beautifully acted, written and directed. Some people just don't understand true brilliance when they see it.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                      You wouldn't believe what someone told me while I was shopping today. I was checking out the Stargate Seasons DVDs and a man beside me told me not to buy them, because the show wasn't that great. I looked at the man like he grew another head. I informed him that it was an excellent show that was beautifully acted, written and directed. Some people just don't understand true brilliance when they see it.
                      That will teach him!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                        Too true Jumble! And you really can't get rid of it because the very next day you will need whatever you got rid of. This is true because it happens to me all of the time. Charmaine gets rid of stuff I keep for years and the minute she tosses it I need it.

Make sure you watch it when you get home It's very funny
                        sigpic

Comment

Same thing with the attic. I've got stuff up there that's been there 20 years, but I know from past experience that the thing I decide is useless and needs to go to the dump is the one thing I need desperately a week later So the collection grows I've even tried to get rid of some of the kids' stuff, but they say they're bound to need it if I do, and of course they couldn't possibly store it in their own attics

Let's see which of them volunteers to sort it all out when I'm gone

Make sure you watch it when you get home It's very funny
                          Indeed it is

Well said Nik Some people just have no taste

Comment

Oh don't talk to me about keys! I have keys to padlocks that I don't know where they are, but I'm afraid if I throw the keys away the locks with miraculously appear and I'll be mad because I don't the keys

Elastic bands. I mean, who really needs millions of elastic bands FCOL? It's not like I use them ever, yet they gather in the messy drawer with no help from me at all. Scissors, batteries, instructions booklets, thumbtacks, staplers, staples (that don't fit the staplers ) selotape, string, chargers for phones that have long since died, sticky labels, luggage labels, little return address stickers, shoe laces, boxes of matches, candles, a bag of weird shaped bits of black rubber that I'm sure I'll need if I throw them away............ oh hey! The comb I thought I'd lost months ago and couldn't find another one as good *happy dance*

See? Your Dad being a useless male has it's advantages

Every cloud has a silver lining.........

Don't look a gift horse........ uh......... no that one doesn't work
                            ROFL! Yes that all sounds familiar... My brothers girlfriend tried to clean it when we were on vacation a while ago...poor thing...didn't knew what she had coming! She "cleaned" it and it was a mess within no time...
                            I also know I got one upstairs...but I need it since all my important stuf is in it...*looks* screwdriver, oohh candy, scissors, menu of a club in Barcelona, Ipod nano case, elastic bands, wires a lock...without keys... etc. etc.

*hugs Nik* Some people
                            sigpic

Comment

Clean it??? Clean out the messy drawer?? Surely that's a capital offence?

Comment

Poor Woody! Pigeon poop and volcanic ash!!!! I'm pretty certain it must have been ash, we've had loads of it drop here yesterday. In fact, this afternoon we were driving back from Padstow (where I just bought an Alto Sax *bounces* but that's another story ) and as we came over the hill and looked out across the ocean, you could see a band of red dust in the sky. It was very strange! Blue sea, horizon line, blue sky, hazy red layer, more blue sky.....

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                                afternoon, woohoos

I have a conundrum for you (scroll past if you're skimming, it's pretty boring!)

(as many of you know from my constant whinging) I have spent the last couple of years fighting my weight. I was at my optimum weight at the end of last year, and I have put about 4-5 kg back on. Last week I decided to be more strict about what I eat and how much I exercise so that I can get back to that (and be super HOT for my 21st in June)

The conundrum is that an open call audition for Hairspray was just announced in 2 weeks. Vocally, I would suit the role of Tracy (well, at least I think I would) but the audition info says Tracy has to be 'heavy set', and while I'm on the upper end of the healthy scale, I don't think I quite fit that genre. So...do I continue my strictness (I refuse to use the word diet) or do I attempt to bulk up over the next two weeks? Or do I attempt to find clothes that make me look fatter? Or will that ruin my chance of getting other roles if I'm not right for Tracy?

what to do...what to do...

Any suggestions?
                                Was gonna offer my advice, but since you've already made the right decision, I don't need to
                                *blinks*
                                *has a Moebius moment*

I'm with Josi, Jumble. When you have a moment of happiness or silliness you need to grab onto it and shake it down for all it's worth.

Been thinking of LJ a lot today. If only the good thoughts of others could carry people through the tough times.
                                That's just it Bree, they do Sometimes to the extent that you can actually feel them hugging you

Oh I'm sure we've all done that at some point, I know I have

Ah, the messy drawer! I have one of those in my kitchen. It's where I put everthing that I don't know where to put, so to speak. It's the fullest drawer in the house
                                During the summer holidays a couple of years ago I misplaced my mobile. At least I thought I had. I went through the house top to bottom and there was no sign of it. After about 4 weeks of searching, I gave in and bought myself a lovely new Walkman phone 2 days later, Naomi said "I know where your phone is Mummy!" She went to the drawer in the side of the dining table (which btw we never use) et voila! My old phone. I was very happy she didn't tell me 3 days earlier though

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                                You tell 'em
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X