The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
    These days I seem to have more pits than pulp. That's an awful lot of spitting
    I know what you mean, but on the upside I can now beat most people in a pip-spitting competition
    Glad Woody is squeaky clean again.
    I was watching on the news today that they think the cloud will hit mostly Canada but we'll have to see as I have zero trust in experts these days.
    Hope it doesn't hurt Vangroovy!

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I know what you mean, but on the upside I can now beat most people in a pip-spitting competition
      Hope it doesn't hurt Vangroovy!

I wonder if it will get that far west?

*spits out a pip to measure wind velocity*

EDIT: Good luck with the plot bunny Val.
      sigpic

Comment

Depends largely on the wind speed and direction - in both cases

Comment

Depends largely on the wind speed and direction - in both cases
          Spit out the pip but it blew back in my face.

Oh wait!
          Your not supposed to spit into the wind.
          My bad.
          sigpic

Comment

*flops into thread* That was a fun day - 3 members of staff on leave and one stranded in Italy meant lots of extra work for me Darn volcano

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Yep, what she said. If they love you they'll find a way round that. You can always say to them that you lost weight for another role but can easily bulk up if you get the part (which you could do it it came to it nd you wanted to)
            Bit late to this discussion, but Bekki, I think exactly the same as Jumble and Cags. If they want you they'll find a way - and you can always tell them you can put on a bit of weight

Good luck for the audition!

Can you believe a bird has dared to poop on Woody's windscreen???? Bad enough that he's covered in a layer of dust (not sure if that's from the volcanic cloud All the other cars in the street are similarly covered ), but bird poop is adding insult to injury

*goes to give him a wash*
            It's definitely ash - we've got the same here, and my parents' car was also similarly covered in Reading when I was there at the weekend. If you rub it just with your finger it doesn't come off as easily as dust does because it's got teeny tiny bits of glass and metal in it.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Good news alert: (because we need some around here). The LA has agreed to fund the charity I work for (and therefore my job) for another 12 months. Yay, I won't be one of the unemployed after all. Phew!

And I hope good news comes in threes - bro is having his 3 month post radiotherapy review today so I'll find out later if he needs more treatment or not. *crosses fingers*
            *happy dances for Cags and crosses fingers for bro*

And finally, massive squishy hugs for LJ, of whom I am thinking particularly today. In fact, I think the funeral is right this very moment, if I've got my timezones and timings right. Hope she's doing OK.
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

"You don't tug on Superman's cape
              You don't spit in the wind
              You don't pull the mask of the ol' Lone Ranger
              And you don't mess around with Bree

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't see Josiane's post. I really shouldn't be singing at a moment like this

Comment

Don't worry Jumble, I'm sure LJ would love to think that you are posting happily
                sigpic

Comment

She probably wood too

I do so hope she can manage to celebrate her Mom's life in between the tears.

I said 'thank you' to Joe.

Comment

And thank you for thanking him
                    sigpic

Comment

"You don't tug on Superman's cape
                      You don't spit in the wind
                      You don't pull the mask of the ol' Lone Ranger
                      And you don't mess around with Bree

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't see Josiane's post. I really shouldn't be singing at a moment like this

I'm with Josi, Jumble. When you have a moment of happiness or silliness you need to grab onto it and shake it down for all it's worth.

Been thinking of LJ a lot today. If only the good thoughts of others could carry people through the tough times.
                      sigpic

Comment

*sends comforting vibes towards LJ*

Dad lost his "card book" today. (the little booklet that holds all his cards(bank/driver licence etc) so he made mom and me check the entire house to find it back since it is kinda important. We looked everywhere and he told us he was SURE that he put it on a drawer in my parents bedroom....in the end we didn't find it...and during dinner I open a drawer in the kitchen which is our messy drawer(aka all sorts of random stuff in it) and he put it in there under a cleaning towel for our silverware. *headdesk* Men (other men I know are exactly the same...)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

I'm with Josi, Jumble. When you have a moment of happiness or silliness you need to grab onto it and shake it down for all it's worth.
                          This is true. Go spit pips

Been thinking of LJ a lot today. If only the good thoughts of others could carry people through the tough times.
                          They do help. Believe me, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *sends comforting vibes towards LJ*

Dad lost his "card book" today. (the little booklet that holds all his cards(bank/driver licence etc) so he made mom and me check the entire house to find it back since it is kinda important. We looked everywhere and he told us he was SURE that he put it on a drawer in my parents bedroom....in the end we didn't find it...and during dinner I open a drawer in the kitchen which is our messy drawer(aka all sorts of random stuff in it) and he put it in there under a cleaning towel for our silverware. *headdesk* Men (other men I know are exactly the same...)
                            Oh I'm sure we've all done that at some point, I know I have

Ah, the messy drawer! I have one of those in my kitchen. It's where I put everthing that I don't know where to put, so to speak. It's the fullest drawer in the house

Comment

Oh I'm sure we've all done that at some point, I know I have

Ah, the messy drawer! I have one of those in my kitchen. It's where I put everthing that I don't know where to put, so to speak. It's the fullest drawer in the house
                              Well this was the third time he lost the stuff and mom told him to get one place to put it everytime and not a random one that is nearby.

Yep...that sounds like our drawer! Gotta love it. We also have a lot of keys in it which we have no clue of from where they are!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Well this was the third time he lost the stuff and mom told him to get one place to put it everytime and not a random one that is nearby.

Yep...that sounds like our drawer! Gotta love it. We also have a lot of keys in it which we have no clue of from where they are!
                                Oh don't talk to me about keys! I have keys to padlocks that I don't know where they are, but I'm afraid if I throw the keys away the locks with miraculously appear and I'll be mad because I don't the keys

Elastic bands. I mean, who really needs millions of elastic bands FCOL? It's not like I use them ever, yet they gather in the messy drawer with no help from me at all. Scissors, batteries, instructions booklets, thumbtacks, staplers, staples (that don't fit the staplers ) selotape, string, chargers for phones that have long since died, sticky labels, luggage labels, little return address stickers, shoe laces, boxes of matches, candles, a bag of weird shaped bits of black rubber that I'm sure I'll need if I throw them away............ oh hey! The comb I thought I'd lost months ago and couldn't find another one as good *happy dance*

See? Your Dad being a useless male has it's advantages

Every cloud has a silver lining.........

Don't look a gift horse........ uh......... no that one doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                                X