No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runs in* Sorry for the absence everyone it's been a crazy couple of days ! My best friend split with her boyfriend of 3 years so I basically dropped everything to go and see her, as of course you do in situations like that.

Luckily she is quite positive about the whole thing and has moved out into a really nice flat living with a girl she met on a renting website who seems very nice and quiet. We ended up having one too many bottles of wine last night and heading out on the tiles, then spending the whole night in Manchester's gay village! Absolutely brilliant I must say, although oddly there were a few too many leches of the male variety! Haven't had the strength to look move let alone look at a computer screen until now though, really must stop drinking so much alcohol .

Cags congratulations on yours and Charles' anniversary, I hope you're having a fantastic weekend together and with all the family .

*throws out hugs saving an extra squishy one for LJ and Jumblebumble* No volcanic ash is going to stop us from getting to Vancouver hun *touches wood*

EDIT:
    No volcanic ash is going to stop us from getting to Vancouver hun *touches wood*
    Just noticed the gratuitous irony in that statement!! *snorts*

Comment

Yes, I noticed that too

And I hope to be

Comment

And Robin Dunne - how exciting!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

And Robin Dunne - how exciting!!!!
          Oh you just want to see him drop his pants

Comment

Evening all

Congratulations on your anniversary, Cags!

So you know how I'm singing in this concert tomorrow? And that I'm doing a couple of solos? Well guess what - one of the other soprano soloists is stranded in Bulgaria due to the ash, so I've just found out I'm going to have to sing her solo as well in the concert tomorrow And her solo is the long one... the ones I was doing were all just little bits. It went OK in the rehearsal today, so hopefully it will do in the concert
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              I can't exactly say 'why' on here, but I'll be able to do the driving lessons and everything without worrying about cost. It's a silly thing to bounce over, perhaps, but not worrying about that will help me focus on other things about driving!

That's amazingly Awesome news. *bounces some more*

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Cags, me and the sun don't like each other so I'm staying indoors until it goes away

Doh I forgot about your colouring. I should know better; my best friend is much the same (strawberry blonde in her case). It's hilarious when we go on holiday (which we always do together) because she's always in these big floppy hats and long sleeve flowy tops which as so not her style. She also gets terrible prickly heat which is a real pain.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              I had a dream that for my first lesson I wouldn't start the car and I just sat there for the hour... I'm hoping it goes a bit better than that
              Oh you'll have many more dreams like that I reckon.

You know, on one of my driving lessons I got stoppped by the police. Apparently one of the tail lights wasn't working. The copper gave my instructor a real earful while I sat and cowered in the driver's seat.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Lovely weather...and it is so weird not to see any planes in the sky...but apparently the helicopters are still allowed to fly
              We had a few planes flying under 4000 which is, apparently safe but nothing big at all. I did, somewhat stupidly, say to Charles "why don't they just fly them all low then?" which prompted one of those "guy" moments where he patiently explained to a completely uninterested wife the physics and economics of aerodynamics.
              The thing is, while I love the clear skies and peace, i've come to realise what a noisy bunch my neighbours all are.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              Cags, 21 years together? Wow! Congratulations and that is definitely true love.
              That or gross stupidity.
              (And seeing as how he forgot to get me wine when he went up the chippie earlier, and is now busy making me sit through something warry on tv, I think he's out of luck in the broccoli patch department.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              *bounces for her own reasons involving a guy*

Oh yes? Do elaborate, missy?

Originally posted by llp View Post
              I did and it came on the first time okay. But, now the green light doesn't come on so I don't know how to get the camera to work. The mic works fine. I haven't really used it yet because I haven't gotten that far.
              Hmm, mine just worked fine without me needing to set anything up. They have a help department I think; if you can't figure it out then you can call them. Skype is a bit hit and miss sometimes but, then again, for free video calls, you can't really complain much.

I think that will be a given, from what I've heard.

And because a couple of MQs got lost in the making of this message...

Love the funky shoes Valerie And Buckwheat. What a gorgeous horse!

*huggles Sarai for the hangover* Oh dear! You know gay guys are the worst, My nephew is gay and he's a dreadful flirt - yep, even with me... especially with me actually. What a fab friend you are for helping her. *more huggles*

*huggles LJ Been thinking of you today.

EDIT, Josi (because you posted while I procrastinated) Scary! I hope everythign goes well tomorrow. *crosses fingers*
              sigpic

Comment

Moi?

*blows dust off halo*
                *places on head*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Evening all

Congratulations on your anniversary, Cags!

So you know how I'm singing in this concert tomorrow? And that I'm doing a couple of solos? Well guess what - one of the other soprano soloists is stranded in Bulgaria due to the ash, so I've just found out I'm going to have to sing her solo as well in the concert tomorrow And her solo is the long one... the ones I was doing were all just little bits. It went OK in the rehearsal today, so hopefully it will do in the concert
                Eek! You'll be fantastic though, I just know it! *hugs* Wish we could be there to cheer you on

Comment

I wish you could all be there too

And because I missed them from my previous post, *hugs* and *huggles* and *happy dances* for Sarai and Wendy and Amanda and Jumble and of course dear LJ, as appropriate

*runs off to catch up with Doctor Who*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Doh I forgot about your colouring. I should know better; my best friend is much the same (strawberry blonde in her case). It's hilarious when we go on holiday (which we always do together) because she's always in these big floppy hats and long sleeve flowy tops which as so not her style. She also gets terrible prickly heat which is a real pain.
                    I know it shouldn't be funny but that always makes me chuckle with Dave too (<-- in fact that's pretty much the colour he goes ). There's a famous pic of Dave on facebook that I took whilst we were on holiday in Spain where he had 'caught the sun' shall we say . He was in so much pain bless him but I really couldn't help but enjoy it just a little bit

*huggles Sarai for the hangover* Oh dear! You know gay guys are the worst, My nephew is gay and he's a dreadful flirt - yep, even with me... especially with me actually. What a fab friend you are for helping her. *more huggles*
                    See I never wood have believed that until last night! Really they were just ridiculous! Very funny though, had an absolute blast and I think my friend did too which is the most important thing . *huggles back*

Comment

Josiane you'll be terrific! Or bloody brilliant as Jann wood say

Comment

I heard someone on TV say Nick Clegg's debate performance was "bloody brilliant" yesterday and that made me smile oh so much.

Speaking of, I got given this link today for all UKers (hey, and non UKers) to help you decide how to vote in the upcoming elections: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Election/Vote

Quite interesting to see where your opinions really lie. I came out 50/50 Lib Dem/Labour (slightly more Lib Dem but Labour won on the issues that were more important to me). Not even a hint of Conservative - well, I'm shocked...not!

And also, while I was hunting around for manifestoes earlier, I stumbled across the fact that the Lib Dem counillor for my parent's area is one of our old student part timers from Sainsbury's. And now I feel old.
                        sigpic

Comment

Josi, you will be amazing. I wish I was there to cheer you on!!
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Well, yes!!

Josi, I know you'll be great!

Edit: Oy, ten more posts to go! *happy dances*
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I heard someone on TV say Nick Clegg's debate performance was "bloody brilliant" yesterday and that made me smile oh so much.
                              Too bloody right it was!

Oh whoops! I'm forgetting I'm supposed to be the 'posh' one from Surrey

Speaking of, I got given this link today for all UKers (hey, and non UKers) to help you decide how to vote in the upcoming elections: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Election/Vote

Quite interesting to see where your opinions really lie. I came out 50/50 Lib Dem/Labour (slightly more Lib Dem but Labour won on the issues that were more important to me). Not even a hint of Conservative - well, I'm shocked...not!
                              Hmm. Well I came out heavily on the LibDems which was no surprise, but alarmingly I had more Con than Lab in my results

My area usually has a battle between LibDem and Con, with Lab never getting a look in. I reckon the LibDems will win this time

And also, while I was hunting around for manifestoes earlier, I stumbled across the fact that the Lib Dem counillor for my parent's area is one of our old student part timers from Sainsbury's. And now I feel old.

Comment

Yessika don't be surprised if you don't get it right on the 2000. It usually kicks in a few posts later

Comment

Working...
                                X