The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    I hate the pic of me too Did you go through and pick out the absolute worse one you could find?

Yes!

Nah, I wood never do that. I think it was the only one you're looking at the camera for. Oma was incredibly clever and managed to avoid the same fate (but then, of course, she has swanky hair and wood have looked awesome looking directly at the camera).
    sigpic

Comment

Ah, but pics of me are best when I'm not looking at the camera

But I do wish I hadn't been so lazy and had at least put on some make-up and done my hair

Comment

Ah, but pics of me are best when I'm not looking at the camera

But I do wish I hadn't been so lazy and had at least put on some make-up and done my hair

Nah, we love your free wheeling hippy devil may care style.

And you look tons better than I do unmade up anyway.

And I didn't do my hair either. And still haven't washed it since the weekend so, um, well, you can imagine what it looks like right now.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Nah, we love your free wheeling hippy devil may care style.

And you look tons better than I do unmade up anyway.
          Oh you have a serious problem with your self-image if you think you look worse than me

And I didn't do my hair either. And still haven't washed it since the weekend so, um, well, you can imagine what it looks like right now.
          Er..... I haven't even got dressed since the weekend I guess a nice looooooong, slooooooow, hoooooooootttt.......... bath is in order this afternoon

Comment

Oh you have a serious problem with your self-image if you think you look worse than me
            Well I know I have but I learned to accept that what I see when I look in the mirror is not what others see and I've learned not to care that I have a ridiculously distorted self image.

Er..... I haven't even got dressed since the weekend I guess a nice looooooong, slooooooow, hoooooooootttt.......... bath is in order this afternoon

I never win this game!
            sigpic

Comment

*giggles* Looooooovey the food postey! Although i do agree...ewwwie picture of myself Although I do think I kind of had that coming with me being me!

Congrats Amanda on the praise! Well done...can you now also do my German speech classes?

I just officially found out that I'm the youngest in my classs...the oldest one(who is also in my small group this time) is 11 years older...the rest are all more than 1 or 2 years older!

Sorry if I missed something in between I'm still very tired and also overslept...fell asleep in a train that wasn't driving and ended up missing the correct one(which was quite comical...but I ended up between some guys )

Anyway...GO MARTIN!

*goes back to being a "serious" student*

EDIT: have fun in bath Jumble...think of Martin! I went in my bubblebath yesterday...lovely*happy sigh*

and I wish I could have kept my PJ's on....*le sigh*
              sigpic

Comment

Wood Morning WooHoos

Bree the price of wine bought in restaurants here is very high. The Arlington Estate for which they charge £16+ can be bought in our supermarkets and wine shops for less than £5 :-) You can get a decent Shiraz or Merlot (Jacob's Creek for example) for between £5 and £7, but the restaurants usually triple the price. As a rough guide, most of the wines on that list can be bought by the bottle for little more than what they are charging per glass!!!
                It's the same here too Jumble. A glass of wine that costs about $6 - $8 at a restaurant over here is also a huge markup. The bottle, at a wine shop wood usually be only a couple of dollars more. We sell Jacobs Creek Shiraz for $9 a bottle at our shop (that's the lowest we are legally allowed to sell it for in our state) but a glass of that same wine at one of my favorite restaurants is $7.95.

Mini Rant Warning:
                Spoiler:

What kills me when I go to a restaurant is that I know what the wine actually costs the restaurant to buy, I know how much we charge for a bottle at our shop, and I know just how much the restaurant markup is so I hate buying wine at restaurants.

An example is White Zinfandel. I won't mention a brand as they are all the same in terms of price. I hate white zin but many people love it so you can find it on many restaurant menus. At the average restaurant a glass will cost about $6-$9 depending on how "exclusive" the place is (tho' a really high class place woodn't be caught dead with it or any other white zin on the menu) and how much they think they can get away with charging before the public takes up pitchforks and torches.

This same wine is sold by the bottle for anywhere from $5 to $7 a bottle! The actual cost to a shop like ours is about $3 per bottle, sometimes less if it's posted (on sale to the shops). Also, restaurants buy in much larger quantities so they usually pay a bit less. This is not exactly legal but its common practice until election time comes around and then someone suddenly feels the need to do something about these lawbreakers.
                (Heaven forbid they go after the murderers, child molesters, and ponzi schemers etc.. but that is another rant. )

So, wine costs $3 and is for sale at a store for $5-$7 and sold by the glass at a restaurant for $6-$9 (a bottle in that restaurant wood cost around $20. This is why I hate to buy wine at restaurants.

I hate it even more in Disney World but it's a necessary eveil when I go there .
                For example, we have a wine that is an exceptionally good one that retails for only $12.99 but it scored very high in The Wine Spectator (kind of the industry and wine fan bible). Because it scored so high an Italian restaurant in DW was selling it by the bottle for $54. They woodn't sell it by the glass.
                The actual cost of that bottle of wine was $8 (for us) And I know that DW paid even less than we did!
                Anyway, did I mention that I hate buying wine in restaurants because I know how much it costs and how much they are marking it up and that it just about ruins it for me because I know just how badly I am getting hosed?

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                Well done, Amanda. That's quite high praise!

Edit: *does a '69 dance and vows to take more notice so she can do something special for them for a change!*
                Congratulations on the 69 post Wendy.
                Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                That happens to me all the time. I am always having to go back and edit posts I write.
                I don't think any harm was done in the end. :-)

Wow great praise, well done. :-)
                Home made wine, was it? That's the worst kind. :-P

Hmm, I may have a go at making home made wine this year. I have a lot of poppies coming up. I wonder if you can make poppy wine? No? Oh well.

Not a dork at all.

You're actually a geek.

There is a difference.

I'm a geek and proud of it.

Congrats on your 69 post!

Glad you like the review. I hate the picture of me. Well you do don't you.
                I am supposed to be working but, *sigh* it being school holidays, absolutey nobody is around so I have no new emails or phonecalls so not much to do. I could, I suppose, run through the presentation I have got to do at the end of the month but I just can't be arsed. I may force Charles to sit through it when he gets home instead.

*huggles and positive vibes, Bree*
                Homemade wine will knock you on your arse faster than any other kind.

If geeks truly ruled the world it wood be a much better place to live in *nods head*

Thanks for the positive vibes Cags. My appointment is at 3:30 my time so it's going to feel like a very long day. Got those awful butterflies in my tummy and I think they will be with me for the day.

Well done on the speech Amanda!
                sigpic

Comment

*iz awake...kind of...*

Still sending you good vibes, Bree!
                  sigpic

Comment

Ooohhh and the subject of homemade wine...we had to make that for biology on high school! So much fun drinking it afterwards(certainly since some others had to make bread and all...)

*sends some positive vibes towards Bree*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      *iz awake...kind of...*

Still sending you good vibes, Bree!
                      Thanks LJ Hope you are better today. (((LJ)))

Hey! Just found out that SyFy is going to move its Friday night shows (including Sanctuary) to Tuesdays instead.

Edit: Thanks Jann
                      You know that homemade stuff can give you a "red wine headache" faster than anything!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                        Thanks LJ Hope you are better today. (((LJ)))

Hey! Just found out that SyFy is going to move its Friday night shows (including Sanctuary) to Tuesdays instead.

Edit: Thanks Jann
                        You know that homemade stuff can give you a "red wine headache" faster than anything!
                        ! What?! Guh...that can't be good for the ratings.

Cags, nope the wine was store bought.

*feels very educated about...wine*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The UK doesn't get Sanctuary on SyFy, so it doesn't affect us. ITV4 will probably keep it to Mondays and...... whatever day they repeat it on which I can't remember SGU is on tonight at 8pm and repeated on Saturday at 8pm. Hmm, that's interesting. Before they used to do Tues at 8pm and Sat at 9pm (after the watershed) so we got one with no sex and one with it. Now if there are sex scenes we won't get them at all. I wonder if we'll notice?

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

I was thinking the same thing, except the wine. My DVR is busy on Tuesdays, it can't take anymore!
                            sigpic
                            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

My understanding of their reasoning is that viewing figures wood be higher on Tuesday than Friday. Possibly people are more likely to go out on a Friday? *shrugs* I record everything anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Comment

My understanding of their reasoning is that viewing figures wood be higher on Tuesday than Friday. Possibly people are more likely to go out on a Friday? *shrugs* I record everything anyway so it doesn't bother me.
                                Tuesday has a lot of big hitters on TV. I don't know how they would compete. I record everything too, but my DVR won't record that many shows at the same time.
                                sigpic
                                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Working...
                                X