The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    I hope it will be a great funeral, but I'm innocent like Jann. *puffs up hair to hide my horns*
    *blinks* I'm really innocent!

No horns in here only a halo!

Amanda and wendy can verify that information

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    You are going on camera! *pouts* I'm going to see each and everyone of you! *nods* Oh and guys....TAKE PICTURES!
    I am so not going on camera...I got the camera so I'm not going on it!

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
    Good point Nik.

On a more serious note, good vibes, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated right now. My sister called and her sons wife, who is only 23, had a stroke.
    She lost her vision so they took her to the hospital. She is paralized in one eye and that side of her face is numb. They think it may be Bell's Palsy and that would be a good thing because most people recover from in about 6 weeks. She is the mother of my two little nieces, whose pix I posted a few pages back.
    *hugs*
    *sends good vibes towards them*
    sigpic

Comment

Good point Nik.

On a more serious note, good vibes, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated right now. My sister called and her sons wife, who is only 23, had a stroke.
      She lost her vision so they took her to the hospital. She is paralized in one eye and that side of her face is numb. They think it may be Bell's Palsy and that would be a good thing because most people recover from in about 6 weeks. She is the mother of my two little nieces, whose pix I posted a few pages back.
      Stuff like just really shouldn't happen.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone. My sister called and Lisa is having the MRI done right now. She ended up losing vision in both eyes now. It's so scary and I feel so helpless.

Some good news: my brother called and he is now cancer free for two years in a row. The type of cancer he had has a very high recurrence rate so 2 years is good.

Talk about yin-yang???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Cags, if you're going to sample Jann's wares before the rest of us, you won't mind if we eat half of the desserts on the way up, will you? I've heard Oma really luuuurves Creme Brulee
          Well it's merely a case of balancng the weight. We have to eat them before getting in the car or the extra weight will mean more fuel and it'll be more expensive...

...ok, please ignore the obvious illogic that the extra weight will be inside us instead. or, more specifically, on my hips.

Someone on one of the other threads said that Sanctuary woodn't last past FIVE seasons Sooo hope they're wrong

Tbh, I can see it going on a lot longer, mainly because the way it's been set up allows endless scope for new stories. A bit like SG1, which was only limited by the imaginations of the writers, and really only ended because a lot of fans weren't happy with the seasons after RDA left. So Sanctuary will go on until AT wants to give up or DK runs out of imagination, neither of which I can see happening for several years.

Oh I can certainly see it having plenty of potential to go on longer but, IMO, most TV series reach their zenith around seven seasons so I, personally, would say it will have fulfilled its potential if it goes on for seven seasons, even if it went no more. I'm relaly only thinking abouyt past series - all those who ended at season 7 ended on a high and at a point that made sense. All the ones that ended earlier left the fans wanting more and all the ones who go on much beyond 7 years end up, in hindsight, being thought of as past their best after that. I would say that even includes SG-1 (because, while I liked large parts of seasons 8 to 10) I do still always feel Lost City would have been such an amazing movie and a fitting end to the series and launch pad for more movies.
          But yes, Sancturary I can see going from strength to strength if they keep it up as they have been.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
          Have fun at the Shipmeet everyone! All of us not going will keep the thread going. Or try to keep it going.
          I dare say we'll stop by to say hello from time to time.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          yes, and hopefully I can chat on Skype

Can you PM me your Skype id and I'll add you?

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          That is if I don't get distracted by that nice young man that I pick up at the airport and Cags so nicely takes with her (and me!)
          And if I said,you had to choose between sweet treats for your lovely Woohoo family, or a nice young man to take with us, which, I wonder, wood you choose...

.... think carefully!

Good point Nik.

Thanks everyone. My sister called and Lisa is having the MRI done right now. She ended up losing vision in both eyes now. It's so scary and I feel so helpless.

Some good news: my brother called and he is now cancer free for two years in a row. The type of cancer he had has a very high recurrence rate so 2 years is good.

Talk about yin-yang???
          *huggles Bree* Lots of positive vibes for your niece-in-law.
          Good news about your brother - ying and yang indeed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Well it's merely a case of balancng the weight. We have to eat them before getting in the car or the extra weight will mean more fuel and it'll be more expensive...

...ok, please ignore the obvious illogic that the extra weight will be inside us instead. or, more specifically, on my hips.
            but you know...some of the weight when it is in us can go...out...when it is in the bag it stays the same!
            And if I said,you had to choose between sweet treats for your lovely Woohoo family, or a nice young man to take with us, which, I wonder, wood you choose...

.... think carefully!
            I wood choose for y'all since I am going to the UK to meet the Woohoos and not to find a nice young man Or more woohoos must want the guy instead of the snacks then the guy goes a long

and I still don't know what to wear!
            sigpic

Comment

Hi WooHoos! Guess who's at my house *bounces*

Yes, Oma and Josiane have arrived safely at mine

And I only got lost twice

I blame Woody

Comment

Good to hear that Jumble Glad y'all arrived safely! *waves to Oma and Josi*

ROFL on blaming Woody...I thought Daniel was the one giving you the directions?
                sigpic

Comment

Hi WooHoos! Guess who's at my house *bounces*

Yes, Oma and Josiane have arrived safely at mine

And I only got lost twice

I blame Woody
                  *bounces*

Hellloooo Oma and Josi! *waves*

Aw bless Woody leading you astray like that. What will he do next!

Jann, sad to say, with my wonderful metabolism (not) what extra weight I eat stays on me.

No no, we'll just have to, er, nibble and save the rest to share.
                  sigpic

Comment

Glad you guys got there safe and sound Oma and Josi!!!

will not be jealous, will not be jealous, will not be jealous...will not be....*sigh*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Glad they got there safe. I'm unbelieveably excited. I might actually POP!

Pop, pop, pop, pop. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*waves to Jumble, Oma, and Josi*
                        I'm glad your drive went well

*sends good vibes in Bree's direction*
                        I'm glad your brother is clean
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*covers self with waterproof sheet to avoid being covered in bit of exploding Wendy*

Hmm, while I was langushing in the bath earlier I overheard Charles trying to explain to Benjabubs about me being away from the weeked:

Charles: "Mummy is going up North it's just you and me for a couple of days."
                          Ben: "Why is mummy going up North?"
                          Charles: "I don't know Ben, some pointless reason..."

*indignant splutter*

Hmph! My darling husband, goregous, wonderful and fantastic though he may be about 90% of the time anyway has absolutely no concept of culture. I tell you this is culture and that's why I am going.

(Don't mind me; I'm on my third glass of wine and showing no signs of stopping. )
                          sigpic

Comment

This is culture?

It is?

Oh yes it is! Mom will love to hear that! Culture all the way

I'm so nervous and excited!

*bounces a couple of times and falls down*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Good to hear that Jumble Glad y'all arrived safely! *waves to Oma and Josi*

ROFL on blaming Woody...I thought Daniel was the one giving you the directions?
                              Sadly it was neither Woody's nor Daniel's fault, it was me misunderstanding what I was being told But I got there in the end and the return journey was uneventful

Apart from me being chatted up by the bus driver (niiiice bus driver ) and him being upset when he asked for my phone number and I rattled it off too quick for him to catch

Edit: Oma and Josiane are waving back to everybody

Wendy don't go exploding, Sarai's just spent all day cleaning up

Comment

*waves back frantically to Oma and Josi*

Okay, I'm excited and I'm not even there!

*bounces for all lucky woohoos*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X