The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Are you still around....over here it is 1:30 in the morning.
    I'm here, it's 9.45am here

So I gather you're going to SE? Who are you going with?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I'm here, it's 9.45am here

So I gather you're going to SE? Who are you going with?
      I'm driving up from Washington. I'm going on my own for SE and then driving home for a few days and returning for MTM with Trin. In fact EH-T is my roomie for MTM.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm driving up from Washington. I'm going on my own for SE and then driving home for a few days and returning for MTM with Trin. In fact EH-T is my roomie for MTM.
        You won't really be on your own though, you seem to know a lot of the others that are going It's going to be a blast for Sarai and me to meet all the people we've been chatting to on GW Especially since we're both con newbies, whereas most that are going seem to have been to lots

Comment

A newbie.....oh my. That's exciting. I went to a Creation con in Vancouver a few years ago. That's where I saw Martin and Brad. Then by accident, I saw the AT3 con and had to go to that. I used my miles to fly free. It was a blast. I met ET-H there. I've been hooked ever since. I've gone to another Creation con and AT4. Now, SE, MTM and hopefully AT5. One would think I could afford it. Actually, I hoped to live to 100. Now, I think about 88 will be my max. If I go to to many others, I am going to have to give up a few more years. But they are so much fun. We will have to get together and share a meal or something.
          Last edited by llp; 04 April 2010, 12:59 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, still here

Comment

A newbie.....oh my. That's exciting. I went to a Creation con in Vancouver a few years ago. That's where I saw Martin and Brad. Then by accident, I saw the AT3 con and had to go to that. I used my miles to fly free. It was a blast. I met ET-H there. I've been hooked ever since. I've gone to another Creation con and AT4. Now, SE, MTM and hopefully AT5. One would think I could afford it. Actually, I hoped to live to 100. Now, I think about 88 will be my max. If I go to to many others, I am going to have to give up a few more years. But they are so much fun. We will have to get together and share a meal or something.
              Yes, it's going to be a whole new experience for us both, which is partly why I'm sooooo nervous

I doubt I'll ever get to another one since this trip is costing a fortune

Sure, we'll get together! We're hoping some of you Vangroovy veterans wll be able to advise us on where to go and what to see We'll be there for six days so hopefully there will be time for some sightseeing.

Comment

Yes, it's going to be a whole new experience for us both, which is partly why I'm sooooo nervous

I doubt I'll ever get to another one since this trip is costing a fortune

Sure, we'll get together! We're hoping some of you Vangroovy veterans wll be able to advise us on where to go and what to see We'll be there for six days so hopefully there will be time for some sightseeing.
                Not sure I can be much help on that. We stayed at a different hotel. I could tell you where to find a good Thai restaurant if we were there. However, there are a lot of people who know some great places to go. Getting around isn't hard. So when are you coming/going? And where are you coming from? Obviously I live close enough to drive - on an island next door to Seattle. You sound like you're coming from a far off land.
                sigpic

Comment

Not sure I can be much help on that. We stayed at a different hotel. I could tell you where to find a good Thai restaurant if we were there. However, there are a lot of people who know some great places to go. Getting around isn't hard. So when are you coming/going? And where are you coming from? Obviously I live close enough to drive - on an island next door to Seattle. You sound like you're coming from a far off land.
                  We're coming from the UK, flying in on Weds 28th July and coming home on Tuesday 3rd August. I've never flown further than Scotland before (about 1 hour) so the whole thing will be a new experience for me

Comment

HAPPY EASTER!!!

*is excited about all the shipmeet talk* Only 5 days to go!!!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    *stumbles in* Just saw Mom. Boy, she's a fighter!
                    Oh that's so wonderful to hear! Your mom must be really awesome *hugs*
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

HAPPY EASTER WOOHOOS!!!

Don't go eating too many choccy eggs Josiane. It's going to be a tight squeeze in the car as it is

5 days? *bounces* It seems to have come around really fast

Actually, it's only 4 days for you, me and Oma

Comment

HAPPY EASTER WOOHOOS!!!

Don't go eating too many choccy eggs Josiane. It's going to be a tight squeeze in the car as it is

5 days? *bounces* It seems to have come around really fast

Actually, it's only 4 days for you, me and Oma
                        I know!!! *bounces some more* Can't wait to see you all again!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

We're coming from the UK, flying in on Weds 28th July and coming home on Tuesday 3rd August. I've never flown further than Scotland before (about 1 hour) so the whole thing will be a new experience for me
                          Well, having flown a lot over the many years, I can say after a while it will be boring. Try and sleep on the plane if you can. And make sure your shoes are really comfortable. If you take them off, you might find they will be tighter when you put them back on.

Drink a lot of water and only a little soda. It will depend on which plane you're taking, of course, but sometimes the food can be questionable. However, you can give them basic dietary needs if you have them (usually several weeks before the flight is best). You can go vegatarean, kosher, fruit plate, sometimes low salt, there are several types....check the internet for that info. Pre-select your seat and don't sit in the middle area or in a 3 seat row - don't sit in the middle there either. Bring something to read and like I said before - try and sleep. The hour difference will get to you some, no matter what. Hope that helps some.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, it is time for me to get some sleep. Fun talking with you Jumble. See you soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, having flown a lot over the many years, I can say after a while it will be boring. Try and sleep on the plane if you can. And make sure your shoes are really comfortable. If you take them off, you might find they will be tighter when you put them back on.

Drink a lot of water and only a little soda. It will depend on which plane you're taking, of course, but sometimes the food can be questionable. However, you can give them basic dietary needs if you have them (usually several weeks before the flight is best). You can go vegatarean, kosher, fruit plate, sometimes low salt, there are several types....check the internet for that info. Pre-select your seat and don't sit in the middle area or in a 3 seat row - don't sit in the middle there either. Bring something to read and like I said before - try and sleep. The hour difference will get to you some, no matter what. Hope that helps some.
                              Thanks, all advice very welcome Sarai booked the tickets so I don't know where we're sitting.

Have a good night, or what's left of it

Comment

Thanks, all advice very welcome Sarai booked the tickets so I don't know where we're sitting.

Have a good night, or what's left of it
                                Just looked at the booking confirmation and we choose the seat when we get to the airport at check-in so we'd better get there nice and early! I always get there for 3 hours prior to an international flight anyway *bounces a little*

I can't believe the shipmeet is only 5 days away, I'm so excited!! Wish I was off every day this week too ! Gotta run out and pick Dave up from the station but after that I plan on being here aallllll day

Happy Easter Woohoos

Comment

Working...
                                X