No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the hugs everyone. *Hugs back* After a good night's sleep I'm feeling much better, aand I've decided to go. I woke up this morning with a sore throat, but it's good now.
    *Huggles woohoos*
    Thanks for all the advise, it really helped me.
    sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
      *gives extra hugs to the yucky feeling ones*
      *crosses fingers for the Shipmeet*
      *runs nekkid*

EDIT: Cheers for the boobies.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

OMG. THE STRIKE. THE STRIKE!! I thought it was over Easter....
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

And yeah. It affects me, too. I believe. Since my train was due to leave around 6pm
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*hugs sarai*

a strike...how could they...I want to meet Oma and I'll personally order Cags to drive to her(when I'm at her place) if needed ....just kidding Cags I'm already happy I'm getting some shelter

*crosses fingers and toes and all that stuff in the hope that they don't strike*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
              Thanks for the hugs everyone. *Hugs back* After a good night's sleep I'm feeling much better, aand I've decided to go. I woke up this morning with a sore throat, but it's good now.
              *Huggles woohoos*
              Thanks for all the advise, it really helped me.
              Good for you

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              And yeah. It affects me, too. I believe. Since my train was due to leave around 6pm
              Can you go earlier in the day? From what I've seen, the strikes are set for 6am to 10am and 6pm to 10pm, so if you could travel between 10am and 6pm you should be alright

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Good for you

Can you go earlier in the day? From what I've seen, the strikes are set for 6am to 10am and 6pm to 10pm, so if you could travel between 10am and 6pm you should be alright
                That time was chosen because it was the time when Sarai could meet me. I suppose I could change the time and hang around for a while.

EDIT: The fact that it's on certain times of the day will mean that the trains that do run will be packed solid. So, any of you taking the train that day -- make sure you're on the platform before a lot of people show up so you can dive on the train. Or else you'll be sitting on the floor.
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hi WooHoo's

I am sick with some kind of stomach thing and it made for a horrible day at work. Running to the bathroom every few minutes to toss your cookies is just a barrel full of monkeys.

I missed so much on this thread today and after looking back a few pages well most of it was just so intellectual! Especially Jasmina's salute to boobies. Truly a masterful work of art.
                  And Jumble, you so started it all with your mention of mammograms.

BTW-Male doctors of all kinds make me feel icky. I don't want a man anywhere near any of my various parts i have good reasons for this, none of which I wil share.

*hugs for sick woohoo's and sick kidlets of woohoo's*
                  *hugs for shipmeet woohoo's* I hope all goes well and the strike doesn't interfere
                  *hugs to everyone else*
                  sigpic

Comment

*runz in*

Don't panic!! I was gonna get on the 9.44am train, but there are lots more running all through the day. I'll go have a look now. It will mean having to delay our start time, but probably only by a couple of hours - if that's ok with everyone.

*runz off to national rail*

*runz back in*

OK, in theory, there's a train leaving at 10.52, arriving at 15.34. The price of the ticket has already risen by £15 though, so if I'm gonna book it I'll have to do it tonight and keep my fingers crossed it still runs before all the tickets go and the price goes waaaaay high

I checked the route of the train, and it's first departure is at 10.40, so hopefully it will be ok.
                    Last edited by Oma-1; 25 March 2010, 01:18 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      That time was chosen because it was the time when Sarai could meet me. I suppose I could change the time and hang around for a while.

EDIT: The fact that it's on certain times of the day will mean that the trains that do run will be packed solid. So, any of you taking the train that day -- make sure you're on the platform before a lot of people show up so you can dive on the train. Or else you'll be sitting on the floor.
                      I'm feeling more and more that I might just drive up
                      Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                      *runz in*

Don't panic!! I was gonna get on the 9.44am train, but there are lots more running all through the day. I'll go have a look now. It will mean having to delay our start time, but probably only by a couple of hours - if that's ok with everyone.

*runz off to national rail*

*runz back in*

OK, in theory, there's a train leaving at 10.52, arriving at 15.34. The price of the ticket has already risen by £15 though, so if I'm gonna book it I'll have to do it tonight and keep my fingers crossed it still runs before all the tickets go and the price goes waaaaay high

I checked the route of the train, and it's first departure is at 10.40, so hopefully it will be ok.
                      Any chance you could come up the day before, stay with me and then we can drive up to Josiane's? That way we can just ignore the bleeping trains

Comment

I can't fix my train tickets till tomorrow because of money not getting in till tomorrow. But hopefully I can sort it out.

Good luck, Oma! *hugs*

EDIT: My 1600 post was about trains and money.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Congrats on 1600 posts Wendy!

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                          Hi WooHoo's

I am sick with some kind of stomach thing and it made for a horrible day at work. Running to the bathroom every few minutes to toss your cookies is just a barrel full of monkeys.

I missed so much on this thread today and after looking back a few pages well most of it was just so intellectual! Especially Jasmina's salute to boobies. Truly a masterful work of art.
                          And Jumble, you so started it all with your mention of mammograms.

BTW-Male doctors of all kinds make me feel icky. I don't want a man anywhere near any of my various parts i have good reasons for this, none of which I wil share.

*hugs for sick woohoo's and sick kidlets of woohoo's*
                          *hugs for shipmeet woohoo's* I hope all goes well and the strike doesn't interfere
                          *hugs to everyone else*
                          We do try!

*hugs for being sick*
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll talk to Lea when he gets in. If the train is a no-go, it's really gonna depend on whether I can strand him and the 5 kids at home without the car for the weekend, or maybe he'll drive me up to Oxford on Friday ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              I'll talk to Lea when he gets in. If the train is a no-go, it's really gonna depend on whether I can strand him and the 5 kids at home without the car for the weekend, or maybe he'll drive me up to Oxford on Friday ...
                              If you can get as far as Reading, I can pick you up. Totally useless with geography, but I wood think that wood save him some time? Or Stone Henge? I actually know where that is
                              Last edited by Jumble; 25 March 2010, 01:46 PM.

Comment

*runz in at mention of Stone Henge, arms flailing* Come ON! Why does everything awesome and exciting and wonderful have to be ACROSS the bloody pond?

*huggles UK woohoos for train details* I'm thankful that I live in a country (or the part of the country I should say ) where the only thing of a strike in transportation that wood most effect me is if it somehow involved highways.

*huggles Bree for being sick*

And my excuse for the quietness is I was reading a book that Josi recommended on my live journal.

*wanders off to continue doing that*

Oh and I like female doctors...I'm shy so...no way I want a guy doctor looking at me.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X