Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
    Tell me something,
    Let's say that there's this place, this very special place. You and your friends, your very bestest friends in the whole wide world, have gone there a couple of times, each one very special.
    You now have the opportunity to go again,
    The problem?
    You are no longer going with your friends because you moved half way around the world. Never ever going to see them again.
    Every time you think about going you can't help but think of the last time you were there, you can't stop thinking about your friends, you know that all you'll be doing there is missing them, wondering why these people aren't them.
    I now find myself in a very similar situation, and I have no idea what to do,
    Can you help me?
    Aww, c'mere!

I've moved around a lot in my short life, and almost every time I thought I'd die. But every time it turned out that I was missing the cuisine more than people because it's so easy to stay in touch these days. Why don't you organize a Skype party with your friends? I know it's not the same, but still.
    Is there a chance that you come back one day? Like, to visit your relatives or something like this?

I often meet my friend on a "neutral" ground now. Europe is tiny, and if somebody goes to a neighbor country of mine for holidays/business trip/whatever I just drive there and we have a lunch together. Granted, these are one-to-one meetings, but I was never a party girl, so it works really well for me.

I go to visit my parents in August and I'll meet all my friends then, too. This is kinda what one can be looking forward to I hope you have such an opportunity too.

And psst - what about befriending new people there, where you are now?
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

*runz in.... not nekkid*

Valerie, hmm. Personally I would go because you get an opportuinty to make some wonderful new friendships and some great new memories with new people. And that should in no way diminish the great time you spent there in the past with other friends.

Does that help?

*waves to woohoos*

This is a flyby since I need sleep but have been ultra busy tonight... oh OK I spent an hour and a half on the phone to my nephew talking about Farmville. Yes, I know I am sad.

Woodnight Woohoos.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Is there any form of gutter that doesn't belong on this thread?

You should have had the whisper by now
        I suppose every form of gutter does belong so I rescind my earlier post.
        Where wood I look for this whisper? Cuz I haven't exactly seen/heard it yet.
        Originally posted by es! View Post
        *censored LOL*

I think that the ticket price is quite high, but I have no chance to spend my pocket money here so I would go if I had time... or if I lived somewhere around. *sigh*

I know I'm late, but:
        I like your new car, Jumble!
        But have you noticed that the steering wheel is on the wrong side?

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Hey! The no gutter rule isn't official

In order for a law/rule to be passed, it first has to be debated at great length, discussed to death, and then voted on.

Usually it takes years to get a new rule approved and put into force

And I seem to remember one of the S.H.I.P. rules is that there ARE no rules
        And therefore all forms of gutter shall be allowed, (and that includes Nad's ) and especially Jann's

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        I'm sweet and innocent and thus never do gutter.

That's all

Woodnight.
        ROTFLMAO!!!!!
        Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
        Tell me something,
        Let's say that there's this place, this very special place. You and your friends, your very bestest friends in the whole wide world, have gone there a couple of times, each one very special.
        You now have the opportunity to go again,
        The problem?
        You are no longer going with your friends because you moved half way around the world. Never ever going to see them again.
        Every time you think about going you can't help but think of the last time you were there, you can't stop thinking about your friends, you know that all you'll be doing there is missing them, wondering why these people aren't them.
        I now find myself in a very similar situation, and I have no idea what to do,
        Can you help me?
        Valerie, this is a tough one because you don't say much about who you are currently going to this place with, family? Different group of friends? You also don't mention if it's a place you want to go to or if you even have a choice, only that you have an opportunity. So here goes:
        Spoiler:
        Based what info you gave I can only recommend that you do what's in you heart.
        If you have a choice and don't really want to go then stay home.
        If don't have a choice then when you are there try to have a good time and honor the memories you have of the good times you had with friends.
        If you do have a choice and want to go then again honor the memories and try to have a good time. Do you think these friends would want you to be miserable? I would never wish that on any friend of mine and I doubt any true friend would wish that on you. This place can still be very special but that is up to you and whether or not you go into iy with a positive or negative frame of mind.
        sigpic

Comment

*hugs Valerie*

I've lived in the same place for the past 15 years or so, so I don't know how it feels to move away from friends. But I do know what it's like a tad...graduating high school and knowing that those people that you've been with for so long are moving away, getting married (Mostly those are the girls who have BF's in the military...it's easier for them ), going to far away colleges, joining the military. And I know my parents (also grew up in this area) almost never talk to people from high school, and it's super hard sometimes...especially when you're reminded of a funny moment between you and your friends. But hopefully you have their numbers or email addresses or AIM/YIM screen names so you can try to keep in contact with them that way. But you need to be make new friends as well. It'll be hard (especially if you're shy) but just strike up conversation with people and more often than not it'll come naturally.

*gives more hugs*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
            *runz nekkid through the thread*

*haz not heard any whispers...expect the ones in her head*

*wishez she could help Valerie...but can't think of a way yet*

*puts tap shoes on ready for class*

So apparently, guys find old, unisex, patchy overalls a turn on...who'da thunk?...

*wanders away, putting on her overalls*
            Thanks. *Hugs*
            Originally posted by es! View Post
            Aww, c'mere!

I've moved around a lot in my short life, and almost every time I thought I'd die. But every time it turned out that I was missing the cuisine more than people because it's so easy to stay in touch these days. Why don't you organize a Skype party with your friends? I know it's not the same, but still.
            Is there a chance that you come back one day? Like, to visit your relatives or something like this?

I often meet my friend on a "neutral" ground now. Europe is tiny, and if somebody goes to a neighbor country of mine for holidays/business trip/whatever I just drive there and we have a lunch together. Granted, these are one-to-one meetings, but I was never a party girl, so it works really well for me.

I go to visit my parents in August and I'll meet all my friends then, too. This is kinda what one can be looking forward to I hope you have such an opportunity too.

And psst - what about befriending new people there, where you are now?
            *Hugs* Thanks.
            I doubt that I'll see them again, considering they live in Australia and I'm stuck here in Utah. *Sigh* The only way would be if I won the lottery or something. But, one of them is coming over here in a couple of years. So that's the best I can hope for right now.
            Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            *runz in.... not nekkid*

Valerie, hmm. Personally I would go because you get an opportuinty to make some wonderful new friendships and some great new memories with new people. And that should in no way diminish the great time you spent there in the past with other friends.

Does that help?
            I could try, but we move again in June. So I'm really not sure if I want to put my heart on the line for heartbreak again. Plus my shyness makes it take forever for me to make good friends.
            Thanks. *Hugs*
            Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            Valerie, this is a tough one because you don't say much about who you are currently going to this place with, family? Different group of friends? You also don't mention if it's a place you want to go to or if you even have a choice, only that you have an opportunity. So here goes:
            Spoiler:
            Based what info you gave I can only recommend that you do what's in you heart.
            If you have a choice and don't really want to go then stay home.
            If don't have a choice then when you are there try to have a good time and honor the memories you have of the good times you had with friends.
            If you do have a choice and want to go then again honor the memories and try to have a good time. Do you think these friends would want you to be miserable? I would never wish that on any friend of mine and I doubt any true friend would wish that on you. This place can still be very special but that is up to you and whether or not you go into iy with a positive or negative frame of mind.
            Thank you so much Bree. And I guess I could have giving a little more detail.
            Spoiler:
            I am going of my own free will with a group of, um, people I know from chruch, and my parents would love it if I went.
            As I said above I find it very hard to make friends, (In RL) so it takes a toll on me every time we move, and I thought it would be different that time because my mom said we were probably going to stay there for a long time. So I tried to make friends, and I did. We had sleepovers and we went to all kinds of church activities. They accepted me easily even though I was different (American) because the majority of the Ward was from all over the world. Everyone loved the same stuff, and we had lots to talk about.
            Then my niece was born.
            Well, she was born a few months after we got there, but due to complications we couldn't be at her birth. So last Feb (Of 2009) my mom flew out here to meet her for the first time, and of course she loved her right away, and she flew back, after a couple more months my brother announced that my sis-in-law was pregnant again. My mom was not going to miss his birth,
            So long story short, we only had enough to either visit once, and move from our house in Aus to some other place that wasn't close to the beach and my friends, or move over here. We chose to move back here.
            I know either way I would have moved from my friends, but I still feel very sad. Because normally I don't get along very well with other kids my age, because I'm kinda strange, and quiet, and I've been home schooled my entire life so I don't get out much apart from church. But these people were different, I don't know how to describe it, but I feel as if a part of me was left in Australia. Like that's the place I' supposed to be.
            And the reason I'm torn on whether or not to go tomorrow is, well, the last time I went there was just a couple weeks before I moved, and I was very emotional, but I didn't cry because my friends were there, so I wasn't so sad. But now they're not, and I do not want to cry in front of a whole bunch of people who I don't really know.
            So I bury myself in school and my fandoms to not think about it. Any of it. Which is probably not good for me or my health; keeping it all inside.
            So the bottom line? My brain says go, these kind of things only come 2 or 3 times a year, but my heart says, will you be able to make it through without crying? And my brain says no I won't.

Sorry for my rant, I really needed to get that out.
            *Hugs everyone* Thank you so much.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              *hugs Valerie*

I've lived in the same place for the past 15 years or so, so I don't know how it feels to move away from friends. But I do know what it's like a tad...graduating high school and knowing that those people that you've been with for so long are moving away, getting married (Mostly those are the girls who have BF's in the military...it's easier for them ), going to far away colleges, joining the military. And I know my parents (also grew up in this area) almost never talk to people from high school, and it's super hard sometimes...especially when you're reminded of a funny moment between you and your friends. But hopefully you have their numbers or email addresses or AIM/YIM screen names so you can try to keep in contact with them that way. But you need to be make new friends as well. It'll be hard (especially if you're shy) but just strike up conversation with people and more often than not it'll come naturally.

*gives more hugs*
              Thanks. I'll try. *Hugs back*

EDIT: I feel better now. Thanks woohoos. *Hugs*
              Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 24 March 2010, 07:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Night woohoos!!
                *Huggles*
                sigpic

Comment

Night Valerie!!

*dances through thread nekkid*
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*iz distracted by Val's tie sig*

Val, I PMed you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wish me luck...got my German listening test now
                      *runs out*
                      sigpic

Comment

*runs out*
                        all available fingers are crossed
                        or, as they say in German, wir halten dir die Daumen
                        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Eww... the no gutter rule makes things sound even more icky...

*hugs Valerie*
                          *hugs WooHoos*

*runs out*
                          Hope it went well!
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs Valerie* I hope you sleep well!

*runs out*
                            Good luck, Jann.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Good luck Jann

I've just looked in my diary and found I've got a hospital visit today

Just routine, but not my favourite thing to do.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that a mammagram doesn't hurt

On the upside, I've now had three children confirm their places with me *bounces*
                              Last edited by Jumble; 25 March 2010, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks...we'll see if it went okay We are allowed to only have 6 answers wrong to pass ...so*crosses fingers*(from the 25)

*huggles Jumble* Good luck! Think about all the hot doctors you could meet in the hospital....Doctor Wood?
                                Congrats on the kids! Yay!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X