The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Jann I have an Acer laptop, does that mean my charger will fit yours?
    Yup. I did the same thing with my mini HP laptop in the USA! Worked perfectly
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      The RDA Meet the Man tickets are about the same. *sigh* What I wouldn't give...
      The SE tickets were a lot less, and there are a lot more people to meet

Did you get my pm?

Ok Jann, I've put in my list of things to bring

Comment

*runs in, briefly*
        *squishy huggles everyone*
        *runs out* Back later I hope...!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I don't know how the cost compares to previous AT's, but it does seem like a lot when you consider it's just AT (as in, no other actors/crew appearing). I guess if you're an avid AT fan you might think it worth it, but for me, no. We'll be seeing her at SE anyway.

On the GABIT thread some of the AT regulars are saying that the removal of the credit card option means they won't be able to go, but I'm not sure how that will affect ticket sales

Of course, if Martin were going to be there I'd be scrabbling to get a ticket at any price
          I can't recall the cost of previous AT events (getting old) but I think it's around the same amount. You also have to take into account what you get for the money. Most conventions charge an entrance fee but then you have to pay for photos and additonal autographs. At AT events the price includes a photo and two autographs, one of which is personalised. The Gabit folk do not profit from the convention so the cost is to cover the event. All of the auction money as well as various other proceeds go to charity, both Sanctuary For Kids and Hearing Dogs. Still, I appreciate that the cost is still beyond what many can pay.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Probably in about 3 to 5 minutes.

The money go to charity and there are a lot of people that have the funds and the desire to spend them.

Sadly I only have the desire and not the funds.

On a happier note I finally got wireless internet! And the bandwidth is up to 15GB *happy dances*
          AT4 was certainly sold out in minutes.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          I would go to AT5 if I lived in the right continent and I would go to MTM if I lived in Canada

I should move
          Yes you should.

The RDA Meet the Man tickets are about the same. *sigh* What I wouldn't give...
          MTM was more and it doesn't include quite as much. Still, I got a ticket because I thought it was probably my only chance to see RDA. One unfortunate thing is that there is only one autograph, you can't even buy extra. Usually at AT events I get autographs for other fans who can't attend.

The SE tickets were a lot less, and there are a lot more people to meet
          They were but you do have to pay extra if you want photos or autographs.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Probably in about 3 to 5 minutes.

The money go to charity and there are a lot of people that have the funds and the desire to spend them.

Sadly I only have the desire and not the funds.

On a happier note I finally got wireless internet! And the bandwidth is up to 15GB *happy dances*

That is me. I so badly want to go. I have whole heaps of desire. It's not just Amanda Tapping, or the charity, or any of that. But it's also the friend factor. So many of my friends are going that I feel left out. Also, to be around that many of my friends all at once would be epic, and I so badly want to go for that.

That's a lot of money Boohoo.

On the bright side, an application for a job just turned up... so who knows
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

That is me. I so badly want to go. I have whole heaps of desire. It's not just Amanda Tapping, or the charity, or any of that. But it's also the friend factor. So many of my friends are going that I feel left out. Also, to be around that many of my friends all at once would be epic, and I so badly want to go for that.

That's a lot of money Boohoo.

On the bright side, an application for a job just turned up... so who knows
              Good points and that applies to a lot of us. It would be great to me people we know as well as Amanda.
              If I went it would cost me a flight to and fro (not cheap) as well as hotel costs, out of pocket expenses and the event itself so I won't be going.
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs all*

Gotta work further on my report again. Worked 2 hours(or more) on one thing this morning and have to redo it again*le sigh*. (plus all the other parts of it)
                sigpic

Comment

*runz through the thread niekki*
                  sigpic

Comment

*grabs LJ as she runs past*

Ooops! Sorry, forgot you were nekkid

Got an answer for that thing we were talking about?

Comment

Let's do it, Jumble! Should we try to keep our project a secret?
                      sigpic

Comment

*runs in and hugs everyone*
                        *hums the Twilight Zone theme*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Let's do it, Jumble! Should we try to keep our project a secret?
                          Might be better if we spread it secretly, we'd get more input

Comment

*grabs LJ as she runs past*

Ooops! Sorry, forgot you were nekkid

Got an answer for that thing we were talking about?
                            no Jumble, she's not "nekkid: she's "niekki" (look up ) and that's an entirely new form of gutter that absolutely does not belong on this thread!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            *runs in and hugs everyone*
                            *hums the Twilight Zone theme*
                            *hugs everyone too*
                            Might be better if we spread it secretly, we'd get more input
                            Spreading it secretly is much faster too. Just ask any group of kids who text.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                              no Jumble, she's not "nekkid: she's "niekki" (look up ) and that's an entirely new form of gutter that absolutely does not belong on this thread!
                              Is there any form of gutter that doesn't belong on this thread?

*hugs everyone too*

Spreading it secretly is much faster too. Just ask any group of kids who text.
                              You should have had the whisper by now

Comment

No form of gutter belongs on this thread!
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X