The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Did you do the dot dot dot? Well I don't know......... did you???

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*
    Oh. *blinks*
    Oooooh! You... oh!
    *blinks*
    Oh no!

WoodNight!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Luckily I don't do diaries...
    Too bad.

...Can I make you one and read it to the WooHoos anyway?
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Okay, had that nice chat with my son's teacher. Took 45 minutes to tell me my son has social problems. They want him to see a social skills worker (since when do they have those in school?) and if that doesn't work, he needs to be presented to the SST (don't know what that stands for) Committee for suggestions to the teacher and if that doesn't work, he needs to be tested for social disorders. One disorder may be Aspergers, but I don't see it. The boy is shy and doesn't like to talk in groups. He is a very talkative boy at home and with family. The teacher was amazed by the difference in him when she spoke to him in the hallway, with me by his side. He had no problem answering her questions. He doesn't have any problems learning, so what is the big deal?
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        There's no one here, there's no one here!

*gets nekkid, jumps on the couch, jumps on all beds and goes in search of everyone's secret PTB pictures and broccoli stashes*
        Hey, hey, hey. *protects her stuff*

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
        Okay, had that nice chat with my son's teacher. Took 45 minutes to tell me my son has social problems. They want him to see a social skills worker (since when do they have those in school?) and if that doesn't work, he needs to be presented to the SST (don't know what that stands for) Committee for suggestions to the teacher and if that doesn't work, he needs to be tested for social disorders. One disorder may be Aspergers, but I don't see it. The boy is shy and doesn't like to talk in groups. He is a very talkative boy at home and with family. The teacher was amazed by the difference in him when she spoke to him in the hallway, with me by his side. He had no problem answering her questions. He doesn't have any problems learning, so what is the big deal?
        I don't know a lot about social disorders, but from what you said here, he just sounds shy around people he's not comfortable with. *hugs* I hope this gets sorted for you and him.
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
          Hey, hey, hey. *protects her stuff*

I don't know a lot about social disorders, but from what you said here, he just sounds shy around people he's not comfortable with. *hugs* I hope this gets sorted for you and him.
          *protects my stuff too*

That is exactly it. He opens up a lot when he gets to know you. He is exactly like his Dad in that way.
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

I have just realized that my boyfriend is a delivery boy *hides boyfriend from Jann*

There's no one here, there's no one here!

*gets nekkid, jumps on the couch, jumps on all beds and goes in search of everyone's secret PTB pictures and broccoli stashes*
            *goes of to see if everything is still there*

These days people call everything a disorder

As I shy kid (I was, I swear) I can tell you there is nothing wrong with being shy and you eventually outgrow it
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*Imagines if Jann had a diary and Nad read it to the WooHoos*

''Dear diary,

Brad's the one! I know he is... I never felt like this before...''

...But in this version, she wrote down her dreams, of course...

Mamma Mia reference!!!
              I have seen that movie way to many times.
              *Clicks link*
              Oh...
              I have nothing to add to that.
              Well maybe, no.
              *Sneaks out*
              sigpic

Comment

Night woohoos!!!
                *Huggles*
                sigpic

Comment

meow!
                  sigpic

Comment

Too bad.

Whatever floats your boat...

*shakes head and mutters about Pukkies insanity*

Haven't they ever heard of shy children? *hugs Trek*

Really these days I sometimes get the feeling schools *want* children to have something wrong with them...(in here schools test way too quickly on children as well)
                    sigpic

Comment

Nik,
                      it doesn't sound like Aspergers (or any other social disorder) to me. As everybody else here says, your son is most probably only shy *hugs*
                      However, I know from my immediate environment that it's better to watch out for such things.
                      I think it's not bad to go meet that soft skills worker. Could help your son to overcome his shyness
                      just my 2 cents
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Oh. *blinks*
                        Oooooh! You... oh!
                        *blinks*
                        Oh no!

WoodNight!

Too bad.

Yes! Do it!

Originally posted by es! View Post
                        Nik,
                        it doesn't sound like Aspergers (or any other social disorder) to me. As everybody else here says, your son is most probably only shy *hugs*
                        However, I know from my immediate environment that it's better to watch out for such things.
                        I think it's not bad to go meet that soft skills worker. Could help your son to overcome his shyness
                        just my 2 cents
                        Pretty much what I was going to say

Nik, it's always a shock to have your child picked out as possibly having any kind of behavioural problem, and your natural instinct is to deny and protect, but look on it as the teacher doing her job and paying attention to the children she teaches, and seeing which ones may need extra help. Maybe he can be helped to get over his shyness so that it won't be a problem for him as he grows up, thereby allowing him to become more confident in his relationships with others. That can't be a bad thing can it?

My youngest grandson, Oren, has been seeing a social skills worker recently. He's not shy, but he did have a problem relating to other children. My daughter's first reaction was denial, followed by guilt The techniques the skills worker used have helped him and have also helped his mum to understand how best to help him. He's a lot happier and has made more friends now.

So basically, give it a chance, see where it goes

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                          *returns all 'borrowed' picures and goes to sit in the corner with her own Coopie and Jonathon Young stash*
                          (yes, that really is an odd combination... Hm.)

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          These days people call everything a disorder
                          That's true. I see that happening too. Every kid as ADHD, forms of authism etc. Sure there are enough kids who actually do have that, but really, it seems to have become a common thing now...

*hugs Nik*

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                          meow!
                          Woof.

Whatever floats your boat...

*shakes head and mutters about Pukkies insanity*
                          Hmpf.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Yes! Do it!
                            Oooh. Now I feel challenged.

Nik, it's always a shock to have your child picked out as possibly having any kind of behavioural problem, and your natural instinct is to deny and protect, but look on it as the teacher doing her job and paying attention to the children she teaches, and seeing which ones may need extra help. Maybe he can be helped to get over his shyness so that it won't be a problem for him as he grows up, thereby allowing him to become more confident in his relationships with others. That can't be a bad thing can it?

My youngest grandson, Oren, has been seeing a social skills worker recently. He's not shy, but he did have a problem relating to other children. My daughter's first reaction was denial, followed by guilt The techniques the skills worker used have helped him and have also helped his mum to understand how best to help him. He's a lot happier and has made more friends now.

So basically, give it a chance, see where it goes
                            Forget what I said, jumble's right.
                            (She's so smart. That's why she mends kids. *nods*)

sigpic

Comment

Jumble is right too but....

That's true. I see that happening too. Every kid as ADHD, forms of authism etc. Sure there are enough kids who actually do have that, but really, it seems to have become a common thing now...
                              That's also true...they tested me for all those things...came out nothing was wrong with me I'm just a bit active...the only thing that did came out was that I had dyslexia(sp?)

Anyway some social practise can never hurt...I think... I know my mom works with "problem" kids(around the age of 5/6/7) and if you see how much they progress in one year time! It's amazing and good to see

*hops out*
                              sigpic

Comment

Jumble is right too but....

That's also true...they tested me for all those things...came out nothing was wrong with me I'm just a bit active...the only thing that did came out was that I had dyslexia(sp?)

Anyway some social practise can never hurt...I think... I know my mom works with "problem" kids(around the age of 5/6/7) and if you see how much they progress in one year time! It's amazing and good to see

*hops out*
                                ...Are you sure they did it right?
                                *hides under the bus*

*hugs*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X