Clear All

WooHood on 2000, Valerie!
    WooHood on the work, jumble!
    WooHood on... um...

*blinks*

Just WooHood.
    *hugs WooHoos*
    *shimmies*
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs Nad* just because

Comment

You know...all this talk about starting early with school sounds that the kids in the UK and USA must be so much smarter than the Dutch kids since I remember that my parents *tried* to send me to pre-school but I cried so much that they waited untill kindergarten... (minimal age to go to school in here is 4 or 5)

As for daycares and after school care...in here that is ridiculous and superbusy! My brother's girlfriend works in that area and if I hear her about it it is super busy. Parents already started "dropping" their babies of from 5 months old.... I do understand it(if you need to work) but still....so tiny and young!

Anyway...

*rips of clothes and runs around nekkid*

*dances around the woohoodcampfire!*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          *hugs Nad* just because
          'T was the shimmy that did it, wasn't it?

My mom used to work in the babysit/childminding/after school care and I used to feel so sorry for the kids we had at home because their parents weren't there... I grew up with at least one parent always around to share in my joy and fun kiddy projects ( like building a tent under the dining table with sheets ) when I was home and it spoiled me in such a manner that I got used to having a warm nest. I do get that parents need to work and have a carreer, but... meh. I say kudos to daycare. It's awesome and wonderful.
          ...It's just too bad that *some* parents use it as an excuse to leave the parenting to third parties... Kids can only be kids for such a short time, you know?
          *shrugs*
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Congrats on 2000 posts Val!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

My mom used to work in the babysit/childminding/after school care and I used to feel so sorry for the kids we had at home because their parents weren't there... I grew up with at least one parent always around to share in my joy and fun kiddy projects ( like building a tent under the dining table with sheets ) when I was home and it spoiled me in such a manner that I got used to having a warm nest. I do get that parents need to work and have a carreer, but... meh. I say kudos to daycare. It's awesome and wonderful.
              ...It's just too bad that *some* parents use it as an excuse to leave the parenting to third parties... Kids can only be kids for such a short time, you know?
              *shrugs*
              I think it depends on the kids speaking from my own point of view of course. I am sort of raised by nanny's/babysitters etc.
              Mom and dad were often gone and always busy with work from what I remember. Till I was 8 we had someone who came at our place and just took care of us(even when mom was home because sometimes she was working as a beautician then(her "workplace" was the conservatory(sp?)). She had to stop because she fell through a window(at her ow place). I still go to her and she became our honorary aunt.
              After that my parents found someone else who also cleans but I think that was comparable with what Jumble does(I think). She brought me to school and picked me up, but I went to her place(since she also had some kids which were in my brothers age category). I went there till I went to highschool.
              I never really thought about it or really missed my parents...I mostly didn't understand why some parents where at home and *didn't* had to work...
              Oh and when the folks where on a businesstrip I would usually stay over at my aunts place(or they came here) or granny would take care of us.

Still I say I didn't really miss anything since for the events that did count my parents were there.

Sorry for the babble

*goes back to campfire*
              sigpic

Comment

I cannot tell a lie - it was

I started childminding when Suz was a baby. Partly because I needed to earn money (and it's a good way to do that whilst still being at home for one's own children ) and partly because she was so much younger than my other two that she woodn't have had anyone her own age to interact with. Children that come to me have pretty much what they wood have at home with their families (in some case, they get more attention with me), which in my opinion is better than bunging babies into daycare nurseries where they often don't get the individual attention that I believe they need. Daycare nurseries work for some people, others prefer the 'home' environment that childminders can provide. Horses for courses

It's nice when mums can work two or three days a week and spend the other days at home with their children. That's a good balance. Unfortunately a lot of mums have to work full time, so it's important that they find the right environment for their children to be in whilst they work.
                *shrugs*
                Sadly, that's true in some cases. But then, maybe those children are better off with someone else

Comment

*shrugs*
                  I sympathize with anyone who works with children. It is a major chore/job. There are a lot of kids out there that don't listen and get away with so much. But then it can be the best and most rewarding job ever.

I have a friend that uses the school as a parent. When they get a call from the school about their child's behavior, she tells them 'that it is there job to deal with'. I was like, it isn't the school's responsibility to raise your child.

Get this, I just received an RSVP for my son's birthday party this Saturday. Two days before the party? Are you serious? I already gave a final head count, so I had to call the place up and add a few, because I don't know if the other three unknowns are coming. Doh!
                  sigpic
                  I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    I think it depends on the kids speaking from my own point of view of course. I am sort of raised by nanny's/babysitters etc.
                    Mom and dad were often gone and always busy with work from what I remember. Till I was 8 we had someone who came at our place and just took care of us(even when mom was home because sometimes she was working as a beautician then(her "workplace" was the conservatory(sp?)). She had to stop because she fell through a window(at her ow place). I still go to her and she became our honorary aunt.
                    After that my parents found someone else who also cleans but I think that was comparable with what Jumble does(I think). She brought me to school and picked me up, but I went to her place(since she also had some kids which were in my brothers age category). I went there till I went to highschool.
                    I never really thought about it or really missed my parents...I mostly didn't understand why some parents where at home and *didn't* had to work...
                    Oh and when the folks where on a businesstrip I would usually stay over at my aunts place(or they came here) or granny would take care of us.

Still I say I didn't really miss anything since for the events that did count my parents were there.

Sorry for the babble

*goes back to campfire*
                    Sounds like you had a good balance of care and you were obviously happy with the carers that you had. That's the important thing, that children are happy and well cared for

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      Sounds like you had a good balance of care and you were obviously happy with the carers that you had. That's the important thing, that children are happy and well cared for
                      Yep...and I also turned out to be a very balanced person....

*runs after Shep with fluffy handcuffs*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        *munches chips and salsa* Hey Woohoos.

Congrats on 2000 posts and your new avi, Val.

*goes back to procrastinating*
                        Thanks.
                        Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Afternoon Woohoos!

*happy dances for Jumble and Amanda*
                        *huggles Bree and Yessika*
                        *s at Jann's photos*

CONGRATS ON 2000 VALERIE!!!
                        Thank you.
                        Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        A huge congratulations for Val for reaching 2000 posts in a little under six months. Wow, you post a lot.
                        Thanks. And I know. I'm gonna slow down now that I've reached 2000.
                        Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        *wakes up* Just fell asleep on the couch Am I already getting to the napping age?

Valerie congrats on 2.000 posts WTG!!!! WOOOHOOOO
                        Thanks.
                        WooHood on 2000, Valerie!
                        WooHood on the work, jumble!
                        WooHood on... um...

*blinks*

Just WooHood.
                        *hugs WooHoos*
                        *shimmies*
                        Thanks. *Huggles Nad*
                        Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        Congrats on 2000 posts Val!
                        Thanks.

*Huggles woohoos*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                          I sympathize with anyone who works with children. It is a major chore/job. There are a lot of kids out there that don't listen and get away with so much. But then it can be the best and most rewarding job ever.
                          Oh don't sympathize with me, I LOVE my job But I do understand that some people are more suited to childcare than others. Some people really don't enjoy being at home all the time, others thrive on it. We're all different

I have a friend that uses the school as a parent. When they get a call from the school about their child's behavior, she tells them 'that it is there job to deal with'. I was like, it isn't the school's responsibility to raise your child.
                          Oh, I know people like that. Makes you wonder why they had children in the first place

Get this, I just received an RSVP for my son's birthday party this Saturday. Two days before the party? Are you serious? I already gave a final head count, so I had to call the place up and add a few, because I don't know if the other three unknowns are coming. Doh!
                          That's pretty inconsiderate

So........... where's Martin?

I was starting to wonder that myself........

.... I mean, this thread is supposed to be about ME!!

But I should have known I could depend on Jumble to put things right

Comment

May I share my own (very sad) housekeeping story? Paired with a scary kid story for a good measure?

Spoiler:
                            My kid is afraid of the vacuum cleaner (add here my dishwasher *winks at Jumble* and iron ) so I have to send my husband for a walk with the little one if I want to get anything done.

It was late on Tuesday so I had to hurry with the cleaning. I decided to leave WC out because it was already kinda dark and cold outside and I had to let dh back in

There is a lady who's coming every week to play development games with my kid. She came on Wednesday and headed for WC right away. Imagine my terror

I don't clean WC once and somebody comes and needs to pee urgently
                            With my luck, I wouldn't live long if I were a stuntman

My husband makes fun of me but I'm still embarrassed. I think I'll send him to clean everything next time if he goes on poking me.
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Oh Es I'm sure the WC was perfectly acceptable as it was

I've had several children that were scared of the vacuum cleaner, it does make things a little difficult

The one I have at the moment was cured by being allowed to use the hand held mini hoover to pick up the crumbs from his sandwiches. He now doesn't worry if I turn on the big one

Comment

Thanks, Jumble! *feels better*
                                I think it's a great idea with the mini hoover! I'll get one at the first opportunity
                                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Working...
                                X