• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Oh Jumble!

There there.

*squishy huggles Jumble tightly*

I know the sheer horror of not having a dishwasher. It's... it's just too awful to comtemplate!

Seriously though mine had a problem with draining a while back and in the end we called an engineer who cleaned out the most horrible looking gunk out the pipes. Not wax just 5 years of build up of old food waste junk, limescale, you name it. His first piece of advice to us was to stop wasting money on these all in one dishwasher tablets because any salt in them is more or less washed away in the first few minutes. So you still need to use salt in the compartment in hard water areas like mine. He said the same for washing machines too - get washing soda crystals not those fancy smanchy tablets. They are cheaper and work better. On the good news front, after he cleaned it out it works perfectly and it only cost us about £50 to get it sorted. The hardest part was actually getting the machine out, since its a built in one so, word of warning if yours is too - tell them so they bring the right tools!

Hmm, that was... domesticated.
    Ah, someone who understands the horror!

Mine isn't built-in, as witness the fact that I had it out of it's slot ealier I think it's got an extended warranty. Have to root around in my files tomorrow and see if I can find it

I haven't washed dishes by hand since............. hm......... well Rob used to do the dishes...... when he joined the RAF in 1999 I washed-up for about two weeks then went out and bought a dishwasher So not counting those two weeks, I reckon it's got to be at least 15 years since I had to do it by hand.

And you don't need to gutterize that Josiane and Nad! That one I can work out for myself

WoodNight

Comment

*huggles Jumbly for dishwasher poo*

My housemates dont really let me use the dishwasher...it uses to much water and power apparently, and doesn't wash the dishes properly.

The reason it doesnt wash the dishes properly is that they dont rinse their dishes when they're finished with them

and the reason it doesn't bother them to do the dishes is that neither of them have done the dishes since at least last Thursday...I'm sure youc an tell how I know this...

*le sigh* share housing, yay!

(that being said, my housemates are pretty cool...they're just really messy )
      sigpic

Comment

Woodnight Jumble!
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*Joins camp of woohoos who don't have dishwasher*
          I've been washing them by hand since about two years ago. So not very long.
          *Huggles Jumble*
          Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 17 March 2010, 04:09 PM. Reason: Misread above post.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
            *huggles Jumbly for dishwasher poo*

My housemates dont really let me use the dishwasher...it uses to much water and power apparently, and doesn't wash the dishes properly.

The reason it doesnt wash the dishes properly is that they dont rinse their dishes when they're finished with them

and the reason it doesn't bother them to do the dishes is that neither of them have done the dishes since at least last Thursday...I'm sure youc an tell how I know this...

*le sigh* share housing, yay!

(that being said, my housemates are pretty cool...they're just really messy )
            Not to be pedantic or anything but it's actuall more economically and environmentally efficient to put the dishwasher on once a day than it it to wash up as you go several times a day.
            Although, by the sounds of things, washing as you go is something of a novelty too.

You know, next time you see a sink load that nobody wants to touch, just scoop the whole lot up and chuck it outside then serve up their food on paper plates with plastic knives and forks.

Actually that is a huge bugbear of mine since my lovely, wonderful hubby does tend to drop things in the sink and leave them there. Which is find, temporarily but since I can't load the dishwasher efficiently for toffee they tend to get in the way. Also, he doesn't wash away the chuncky bits properly - particularly cat food - so they sit in the plug hole and the sink then gets a sort of film of grease/grime around it. I'm not the world's most houseproud person but it is most irksome.

Don't even start me on the oven. Just. Dont!
            sigpic

Comment

New Bones/Fringe Combo Promo:
              Spoiler:

I have it paused at 0:35 right now. Watch it and you'll know why.

*Dies*
              sigpic

Comment

Night everyone!!
                Prob won't be on much tomorrow as it's my sis's bday.
                Night!!
                sigpic

Comment

Night Valerie!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Did I mention how much that Bones promo
                    Spoiler:
                    made me squee? Now, I'm not one for spoilers, but squee! (it actually wasn't spoily, because I think im at least a season behind and I wasnt thinking "Woaw, what?" at all

I have no idea if i needed to spoiler that...I dont dabble in the spoily lands often...

*loves the woohoos*
                    *hates group assignments...HATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmm, whatever it was undeneath my 'T' button seems to have migrated to the R button so bear with me guys!

Feeling much less guilty about being on GW at work as I'm on the laptop and have my own mobile broadband plugged in, teehee!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      OH!

Ok, I'll blame it on a stressful day

I had a really really horrific experience earlier

My dishwasher stopped and started flashing lights at me. I opened it and discovered it full of icky water which it refused to drain. On investigating I realised that one of the candle holders I put in it yesterday still had some candle left in it, which melted and clogged up the pipes. So I syphoned out the ick, collected as much of the candle grease as I could (icky icky job ), then put it on a really hot wash. It stopped again and flashed it's lights......... so I'll have to call the engineer in tomorrow.

But that wasn't the worst of it, oh no!

After dinner I had to put water in the kettle, turn it on, wait for it to boil, empty it into the sink and.......... I had to wash the dishes BY HAND!!!!

And THEN I had to DRY THEM, BY HAND!!!!! *sobs*
                      (((((((((Jumble))))))))))

As you will probably see in a couple of weeks I am completely and utterly ANTI housework! I have no poblem washing clothes, tidying the living room or anything like that but the kitchen is a no go area for me.

We do have a dishwasher, his name is Dave. And I do keep him excellently maintained in case of beakdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        As you will probably see in a couple of weeks I am completely and utterly ANTI housework! I have no poblem washing clothes, tidying the living room or anything like that but the kitchen is a no go area for me.

We do have a dishwasher, his name is Dave. And I do keep him excellently maintained in case of beakdowns.

I hope you regularly service him and keep all his moving parts greased up.

Life's too short for housework Sarai.

My place is a permanent mess. I work from home so I have all my work's files etc, with my book hoardyness and everything else hoardyness too. It's just too small for all the stuff I own and every room needs decorating again but, hah, no chance with a three year old around and, really, not much point either while he's still destroying everything I loved and cherished! I need a bigger house. I just can't afford one. Well not around here anyway.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cags a bigger house is not the answer - that just gives you more space to mess up and more to clean and tidy

And as you and Sarai both know, my house is also a mess

But well decorated

Comment

So I am going to be in messy houses

Poor me.
                            I'm the spoiled girl who is used to clean houses...except for my brothers rooms. Those are a total mess....no go area

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              So I am going to be in messy houses

Poor me.
                              I'm the spoiled girl who is used to clean houses...except for my brothers rooms. Those are a total mess....no go area

Yep, you'll have to slum it for a few days - we're not lucky enough to have maids

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                Yep, you'll have to slum it for a few days - we're not lucky enough to have maids
                                Uh oh. I'll just ignore it or....go off and clean

Can I also say I love the weather today! *imagines Martin wearing shorts right now*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X