The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Exactly. But then again if she's that keen and interested in me then surely she'd be up for a bit of negotiation? If I get the job I'm already planning on negotiating myself to be on at least £1000 more than I was on before . I woodn't mind working one weekend day and the rest throughout the week, maybe a couple of evening shifts and three days. I guess I'll just have to see what she wants when I go down there tomorrow . Thanks for the crossed fingers, I think I'll need it, I suck in interviews
    Maybe you should treat the interviewer like you wood a customer, see yourself as in control rather than her. And go in believing that you're the best person for the job, because you are

Blimey my neighbours are being super noisy today. It's amazing how I can hear nothing from the two either side of us but the people at the back are like foghorns!
    My neighbourhood is very quiet and peaceful, except on Friday nights when my joined neighbour has all her friends round and they play music quite loud until really late, sometimes until 5am I could get the Council to stop it, but to be honest it doesn't keep me awake or bother me enough to get me really annoyed, so I live and let live. I do remember several occasions when Suz was at home that we were still shaking the walls at 6am

Comment

Good luck Sarai! As Jumble says, it's not as if it's forever, and at least if you've got something you'll be less stressed about the fact that you don't have a job and can keep applying for things but without that pressure
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hey Woohoo's

I'm still doing battle with the main computer. We can't get a new one yet because the software we use for the store is incompatible with Windows 7 and that's all we can get at the moment. So my PC battle will continue on into Monday and then beyond that when we actually get the new system. It's okay though because it will keep my head busy.

Thank all of you for hugs, kind words and loving support. It was a one-two blow and last night I just wasn't emotionally equipped to deal. This was the first place I thought of so Jumble's brainwashing has taken complete hold.

You are right in that the only thing I can do is be there for my friend with a hug and support because words will never be enough but sometimes a touch and quiet support are all that is needed.

Another OT Rant
        Spoiler:
        As for my dad, my family has been keeping secrets from me because I live so far from them and they thought they were helping me. The reality is that while they were all very calm I was freaking out.

They have known about my dad's cancer for awhile now. For them it was something that they had already dealt with and they assumed that I would be okay because it was after the fact. How could they not know that I would be affected by the C word? Anyway, he has skin cancer and he already had two large lesions removed. I never even knew he was in the hospital. Long story short, his doctor is pretty sure she got all of the cancer; excuse the grossness but she had to go deep. Now he has to be diligent in checking his skin for any signs of new spots that "don't look quite right". All I keep thinking about is what if he had died?

When my mom died they had done the same thing, when she was really bad at the end they didn't tell me and as a result I was the only one who wasn't there when she passed and that haunts me to this day. I had been there only a couple days before but on the day, they knew and didn't tell me. I could have made it up there in time. With dad it could have happened again and I just feel so angry. I am relieved that he is okay but angry at the "we were only trying to protect you" BS.

Sorry I am all OT lately. This is my last rant and tonight I am going to try to concentrate on doing some seriously awesome art. I make no promises as to the awesome part.

*big huggles to all Woohoo's*
        sigpic

Comment

Good luck with the job Sarai. It may not be the best one, but it's a start/ *hugs*

*hugs Bree* I'm really sorry hunni.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huge hugs Bree* That really isn't on. I know how you feel, my Dad suffers from Non-Hodgkins-Lymphoma (a degenerative form of Cancer) and his last bout was two years ago. At that time he was also diagnosed with Bowel cancer so a double blow but my sister kept that from me for ages to try to protect me. We had a huuuge fight about it, didn't speak for a couple of months but we both came to terms with it. I could understand that she was trying to protect me, and she could understand that I was no longer a child and she didn't have to go all older sibling on me . Even though we fought, actually talking about it was the best thing we ever did. And so, if it helps at all my best advice wood be speak to your family about it. Let them know that even though you are far away you love them and miss them and that it absolutely does not help to not be kept up to date .

*squishy hugs again*

Comment

*more huge hugs for Bree* I'm so sorry hun It never helps anyone when people keep secrets like that - yes it hurts, but far less than it does if you find out after the fact and that other people knew and didn't tell you.
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I agree with others on the advice about secret keeping to protect others. As someone who has had something kept from me to "protect me", I can completely understand how it feels when you find out. You not only have the shock of what they keeping from you, but also the fact that you didn't know and they didn't tell you.

I don't think anything better can be said than what has already been given.
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Good luck on the interview Sarai and I know it's not the job you want but it is something to keep you busy while you find the right job

*huggles for noisy neighbors*

*huggles Bree*

The test wasn't too bad but the lab I had after the test was tough *sits on couch*

I'm going to chill for a while
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*hugs Bree*
                    *sends good luck vibes to Sarai*
                    *waves at and hugs Wendy and Estrela*

And the WooHoodStock Administration never looks at special situations when it comes to punishing absent WooHoos.
                    *blinks*

Except for the time your lawn gnome has run off and you need to find it.

...Or when you're out of broccolli and you need to grow some.
                    Or any situation involving fish, carrots, the Hippy Bus, your kids, yellow purple, PTB, baboobling, queues, Bob, flowers, ickybah RL, green bunnies, magnets, GW crashes, penguins, snow, nekkid dancing, nekkid running, nekkid singing, campfires, The Lady on the Parkbench, psychedelic artwork, knitting and or poo cramps.

In every other situation, the WooHoodStock Administration shall post the Flying Pig, a spanky poem or something else that will make you look like this: or this: , including a facial paint treatment in the shown colours.

Unless, by some miracle, the punishee cxan convince the WooHoodStock Administration that the illegal absence of our beloved thread was not illegal, in which case no exception shall be made unless the dictatorially chosen Administration Office Officer likes you.

Sincerely,
                    The WooHoodStock Administration.
                    Last edited by DutchIndeed; 04 March 2010, 12:07 PM. Reason: The WooHoodSttock Admin can not splel.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nad

What has happened to the Lady on the Park Bench? Things have been a bit quiet for her recently no?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        Nad

What has happened to the Lady on the Park Bench? Things have been a bit quiet for her recently no?
                        Gosh yes!
                        Maybe that should be taken care off...
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hellloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Woohoos!
                          *Huggles all woohoos who need a hug*
                          *Huggles everyone who doesn't*
                          sigpic

Comment

*flops into thread*

You've got to love it when the muse is cooperating...and I actually have time to make artwork too! *happy dances nekkid*

Trek, dad's doing good. He can still play the playstation even though he had surgery on his hand. He goes in a few weeks for the other hand.

Thanks guys for the encouragement about the speech. Still really nervous but I like my flow of my speech and my dad didn't think it was so bad soo....*crosses fingers* Did I mention I volunteered to go first and on the first day?!

*crosses fingers for Sarai* Good luck!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hmm. Well everything I thought when I read Bree's post has already been well said, so I'll just *huggle her* and crawl back to my corner.......... unmissed........... un-needed............ unloved........... unnecessary.........

Unrepentant for my absence *sticks tongue out at WooHoodStock Administration Officer* due to the fact that Suz's Mike came over to bring a new laptop for Lee and Joel (theirs freaked out the other day was emitting clouds of smoke Just ordinary smoke, not the good broccoli kind ) and we got talking about books we've read and films we've seen and before we knew it it was 9.30 and we only knew this because Suz rang to say she was worried because he hadn't got home from work yet. Ooops

*takes a breath*

*huggles WooHoos*

Comment

*collapses into thread* asdalknasdlllaoopppthpt!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X