The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    It's what my hubby does to his shirts and work pants... LOL!
    Oh *light dawns* You mean that thing where they get a weird looking table thingy out, put their shirts on it and rub it all over with a dangerously hot metal thingy?

I had a husband that used to do that once. He was strange like that, I never understood him

I don't do speeches either Amanda. I don't speak in public at all Just a shy little wallflower, that's me

Edit: Ooops! Forgot what I came in for

Had a chat with Stuart, and he's going to organize for us a couple of dozen trio-sized desserts. There'll be some Creme Brulee, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Chocolate Brownie with Chocolate sauce, Lemon Crunch, and whatever else he can come up with on the day

Sadly, no Meringue Swans with toffee sauce, because he doesn't think they'll travel

Oh, for those poor unfortunate WooHoos that haven't yet been to Anderson's, the trio portions look like this:

And that's Cags desperately trying to keep her hands off long enough for me to take the pic
    Last edited by Jumble; 04 March 2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

*hugs Amanda* It will be okay! Speeching is fun and just think about what nice it is that you can say something and everyone else for once just shuts up and listens to you ...yes that's fun!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      *tosses Shep back to Jann* Sorry I couldn't get him back to you earlier. We were.........er........ busy...... talking about Atlantis
      You know I had Martin in that time right? I was also busy...with his tool...

Ah, a woman after my own heart It's like this 'ironing' thing that I've heard people talk about. What's that about?
      The thing my mom is supposed to do with my clothing but let the maid do it and otherwise we have to do it ourselves...
      sigpic

Comment

Morning Woohoos!!

This is a flyby post because I have a test in like 15 minutes

*joins group hug*

*huggles wendy*

I don't about that ironing thing either

and... I so want to go eat at Anderson's

*huggles woohoos and runs off*
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Oh, gosh. Those desserts look drool-worthy.

*huggles back you all* Thank you guys. <3333

Am I the only one who is obsessive about housework? Have I gotten old before my time?? D'OH!

Good luck with your speech, Amanda!! *hug*
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

OK, I decided. I don't care if the house falls down, Lea's on his metaphorical deathbed or the kids spend the weekend eating biscuits and/or chocolate and living in a pigsty. I coming to the Shipmeet come hell or high water!! For just one weekend I'm putting ME first!

*feels better for mini-rant*

*happy dances*

*disappears into the morass of nominations.......I may surface again sometime this weekend *
            sigpic

Comment

*tip toes in while at work*

Jumble - A Woohoo curse? No way! I've always considered this to be the Happy Haven for (Shippy) Hippies and Hot Mamas where all are welcome and nuthin's off topic. This has to be the friendliest corner in GW which is why I love dropping by to see how you're all doing and selfishly to gain a few smiles along the way. Yep. Just my 2 cents worth.

*huggles all the Woohoos*

*adds herself to the non-housework doing list* I love a clean house, but it's not always a priority. As long as my kitchen, bathrooms and living areas are clean I'm happy. We can always shut the bedroom doors. I stopped nagging the kids and made myself happier doing it.

Good luck with your speech Amanda. I'm sure the anticipation is the worse part.

Tosses special huggles for LJ (for her sucky birthmom experience and I hopefully much better daughter), Bree for all the recent bad news, Wendy for needing more GW time (glad you're back now though), Oma for kid woes and for anyone else I've forgotten because I didn't go back far enough.

I just love the Jumble-Jann tug of war over Martin/Shep. Play nice girls. Jumble it's just not fair that the non-shipmeet Woohoos can't share in those desserts. *pouts* I'm so jealous. They look fabulous. I think I'll make myself happier if I think of all the calories I'm missing. There.

*tiptoes back out and into lurker mode again*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                Oh, gosh. Those desserts look drool-worthy.

*huggles back you all* Thank you guys. <3333

Am I the only one who is obsessive about housework? Have I gotten old before my time?? D'OH!

Good luck with your speech, Amanda!! *hug*
                No, it's just that you're too young to have realised how much of your life you are wasting cleaning stuff that will need cleaning again tomorrow Life is way too short. That's my reasoning, and I won't be swayed from it! With age comes wisdom

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                OK, I decided. I don't care if the house falls down, Lea's on his metaphorical deathbed or the kids spend the weekend eating biscuits and/or chocolate and living in a pigsty. I coming to the Shipmeet come hell or high water!! For just one weekend I'm putting ME first!

*happy dances*

*disappears into the morass of nominations.......I may surface again sometime this weekend *
                Was there ever any doubt? If anyone tries to suggest you shouldn't come, just point out to them that you HAVE to be at Reading station to put me and the desserts on the right train to Oxford They woodn't want to be responsible for me and those desserts getting lost, right?

Have I told you I'm really peeved with you for not entering the 10,000 posts sig in the Awards?

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                  *tip toes in while at work*

Jumble - A Woohoo curse? No way! I've always considered this to be the Happy Haven for (Shippy) Hippies and Hot Mamas where all are welcome and nuthin's off topic. This has to be the friendliest corner in GW which is why I love dropping by to see how you're all doing and selfishly to gain a few smiles along the way. Yep. Just my 2 cents worth.
                  You're right, and that's what we're here for *hugs* See?

*huggles all the Woohoos*

*adds herself to the non-housework doing list* I love a clean house, but it's not always a priority. As long as my kitchen, bathrooms and living areas are clean I'm happy. We can always shut the bedroom doors. I stopped nagging the kids and made myself happier doing it.

Good luck with your speech Amanda. I'm sure the anticipation is the worse part.

Tosses special huggles for LJ (for her sucky birthmom experience and I hopefully much better daughter), Bree for all the recent bad news, Wendy for needing more GW time (glad you're back now though), Oma for kid woes and for anyone else I've forgotten because I didn't go back far enough.

I just love the Jumble-Jann tug of war over Martin/Shep. Play nice girls. Jumble it's just not fair that the non-shipmeet Woohoos can't share in those desserts. *pouts* I'm so jealous. They look fabulous. I think I'll make myself happier if I think of all the calories I'm missing. There.

*tiptoes back out and into lurker mode again*
                  There's no tug-of-love over Shep, I was just using him to make her give Martin his freedom

Oh, I wish you could come and share the calories with us One day

Comment

Oh, woodn't it be great if this were true (quote from an email I just received)

We have instructions to pay you five million and four hundred thousand United States Dollars via ATM Card system as one of the outstanding winners in a random lottery bonanza for Internet users worldwide. It means that you were chosen electronically for payment. Congratulations! By this method, a domiciliary account will be created in your name in one of the commercial banks. You will be given the account number and pin code to be able to check and monitor your account online while an ATM CARD will be processed and sent to you to enable you withdraw at any ATM cash point in any part of the world.
                    We wood have the biggest WooHoo/Shippy Hippy party EVER!!!!

Shame it's just a scam to get hold of my bank details

Comment

Thank you Estrela. I definitely need more time in the day.

*happy dances*

You tell 'em, Oma!!!

No, it's just that you're too young to have realised how much of your life you are wasting cleaning stuff that will need cleaning again tomorrow Life is way too short. That's my reasoning, and I won't be swayed from it! With age comes wisdom

Was there ever any doubt? If anyone tries to suggest you shouldn't come, just point out to them that you HAVE to be at Reading station to put me and the desserts on the right train to Oxford They woodn't want to be responsible for me and those desserts getting lost, right?

Have I told you I'm really peeved with you for not entering the 10,000 posts sig in the Awards?
                      Oh, pants. Well. I will learn one day. I don't think it's gonna be today. Tomorrow isn't lookin' so good either...
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Oh Bree, I am so sorry to hear about your friend and your dad. What an awful day indeed I can only add to what everyone else has said and send you my virtual hugs too.

*waves to Wendy* Good to see you, but sorry you've had such a stressful time lately

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Gosh yes.
                        Although I don't see i as a curse. I see it as life testing our strength in the most awful ways. Somehow, we have a very strong group of people gathered around this thread and somehow those always get hit the hardest...
                        *nods* The Woohoos are awesome for many reasons, and our strength and positivity even when life sucks is just one of them

*huggles everyone*

Oh *light dawns* You mean that thing where they get a weird looking table thingy out, put their shirts on it and rub it all over with a dangerously hot metal thingy?

I had a husband that used to do that once. He was strange like that, I never understood him

I don't do speeches either Amanda. I don't speak in public at all Just a shy little wallflower, that's me

Edit: Ooops! Forgot what I came in for

Had a chat with Stuart, and he's going to organize for us a couple of dozen trio-sized desserts. There'll be some Creme Brulee, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Chocolate Brownie with Chocolate sauce, Lemon Crunch, and whatever else he can come up with on the day

Sadly, no Meringue Swans with toffee sauce, because he doesn't think they'll travel

Oh, for those poor unfortunate WooHoos that haven't yet been to Anderson's, the trio portions look like this:

And that's Cags desperately trying to keep her hands off long enough for me to take the pic
                        *drools* Sticky Toffee Pudding and chocolate brownie??? Oh my goodness! *dies in anticipation*

Tell Stuart he is awesome for doing this!

*happy dances*

*happy dances with Oma* Hooray! You go girl!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          Thank you Estrela. I definitely need more time in the day.

You tell 'em, Oma!!!

Oh, pants. Well. I will learn one day. I don't think it's gonna be today. Tomorrow isn't lookin' so good either...
                          Flippin' kids! Why do they always insist on learning everything the hard way instead of taking advantage of the lessons us oldies already learned?

Edit: Josiane, I already embarassed him in the middle of the lunchtime rush by telling him that, along with a hug

He's just really pleased that you enjoyed your visits and want more of his scrummy food

Of course you do realise that those that don't arrive until Saturday might find the desserts just didn't keep that long? They are best eaten fresh *nods*

Comment

*drools* I'm feeling some sort of cosmic vibe...today on my walk to the Jobcentre (ick) I walked past the restaurant that I'm going to book for the Shipmeet and across from it was a poster advertising some kind of mechanical car yard thing (I wasn't looking in depth at the detail really ) called "Andersons". It's fate I tells ya!

So no go with the job I went for yesterday, the feedback I got was that out of the three women that were interviewed the employer could have taken any of us, she really liked us all and got on with us personally. The only reason I wasn't chosen was that another candidate had just a bit more PA experience than me. *sigh* Oh well, another day...

Having said that, I have an interview set up for tomorrow morning for an Assistant Pub/Restaurant Manager's job. Ok, so I said I wood never work evenings and weekends again but the job market is just so tough at the moment and I only sent my CV off to this women this morning and she got back to me this afternoon! If I can get a job in the field I am most experienced in then surely I should shouldn't I? Take it, enjoy it (I know I wood) and ride out the recession until I go back out there again. Hmm...decisions, decisions. But then, I haven't even had the interview yet. It might go horribly wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              *drools* I'm feeling some sort of cosmic vibe...today on my walk to the Jobcentre (ick) I walked past the restaurant that I'm going to book for the Shipmeet and across from it was a poster advertising some kind of mechanical car yard thing (I wasn't looking in depth at the detail really ) called "Andersons". It's fate I tells ya!

Fate indeed!

So no go with the job I went for yesterday, the feedback I got was that out of the three women that were interviewed the employer could have taken any of us, she really liked us all and got on with us personally. The only reason I wasn't chosen was that another candidate had just a bit more PA experience than me. *sigh* Oh well, another day...

Having said that, I have an interview set up for tomorrow morning for an Assistant Pub/Restaurant Manager's job. Ok, so I said I wood never work evenings and weekends again but the job market is just so tough at the moment and I only sent my CV off to this women this morning and she got back to me this afternoon! If I can get a job in the field I am most experienced in then surely I should shouldn't I? Take it, enjoy it (I know I wood) and ride out the recession until I go back out there again. Hmm...decisions, decisions. But then, I haven't even had the interview yet. It might go horribly wrong .
                              I know it's not what you really wanted, but it sounds like you're exactly what she wants and you do know you can do the job well And like you say, it's not a lifetime commitment, you can still look for your ideal job whilst earning money at something you can enjoy

*crosses fingers and sends success vibes*

Comment

I know it's not what you really wanted, but it sounds like you're exactly what she wants and you do know you can do the job well And like you say, it's not a lifetime commitment, you can still look for your ideal job whilst earning money at something you can enjoy

*crosses fingers and sends success vibes*
                                Exactly. But then again if she's that keen and interested in me then surely she'd be up for a bit of negotiation? If I get the job I'm already planning on negotiating myself to be on at least £1000 more than I was on before . I woodn't mind working one weekend day and the rest throughout the week, maybe a couple of evening shifts and three days. I guess I'll just have to see what she wants when I go down there tomorrow . Thanks for the crossed fingers, I think I'll need it, I suck in interviews

Blimey my neighbours are being super noisy today. It's amazing how I can hear nothing from the two either side of us but the people at the back are like foghorns!

Comment

Working...
                                X