No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been to the thread recently so not sure if you've seen this. Originally posted by Morjana.

SG1/SGA/Sanctuary - Martin Wood's daughter rescued:

From North Shore News (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

[Please follow the link for the complete article. Photo of Martin Wood and his daughter at the link above.]

West Van teen survives 38-hour life raft ordeal

Jane Seyd, North Shore News
    Published: Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bobbing in a small life raft more than 500 kilometres off the coast of Brazil, 18-year-old Natasha Carruthers tried to focus on the practical tasks at hand -- bailing water from the boat, collecting rain so they'd have something to drink, scanning the sky for signs of rescue.

It was a way to keep out the darker thoughts that threatened to crowd in during the 38 hours she spent in the Atlantic Ocean, not knowing if she and 63 other Canadian students, teachers and crew would ever be found.

Carruthers had watched the three-masted sailboat S.V. Concordia that had been both her home and classroom for the past six months sink beneath the waves after being hit by a freak windstorm.

"It was a really hard thing to realize," she told CBC's Rick Cluff Tuesday morning. "On a life raft, you're just a pinprick and you feel so small."

Nobody even knew if their automatic distress signal had been received before the ship went down after the communications room was flooded.

Carruthers didn't let despair enter her mind during her ordeal and tried to keep it away for others too, said her mom Diane Carruthers-Wood.

The story was big news in Canada but i had no idea MW's daughter was on board the ship that sank.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

The link didn't copy so here it is ;

http://www2.canada.com/northshorenew...3-f936d5ec707a

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Wow! Thanks EH-T!

*happy happy siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Love the Joe pics and Avi! Yay!
        sigpic

Comment

Aww Good that they were rescued in the end!
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Good Morning Woohoos!
            *Huggles*
            How's everyone today?
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks woohoos for the 69 congrats

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              And here, without further ado, is Joe.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/y..._joe_bunch.jpg

Did I miss any other ultra important PTB?

Thanks Es!
              Nice!!
              There are a few other PTB but I don't think they are ultra important
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                *saunters in*

Oh I missed so much yesterday. I did flip in and out a couple of times but I was a mardy cow yesterday and decided not to bore you with my grumpyness.

I thought for a moment I'd wandered onto the wrong forum. I had to check it was Gateworld not Bonesworld!

But then I saw some lovely Martin picspam and all was right with the world again.
                <snip>
                Did I do that? Sorry. If I start talking about it a lot just give me a nudge. Cause I have no self control when it comes to Bones.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  The link didn't copy so here it is ;

http://www2.canada.com/northshorenew...3-f936d5ec707a
                  Thanks EH-T. I can't even begin to imagine what Martin and his wife were going through. So glad that this had a happy ending, especially after the sad ending of Walter Koenig's son.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Wow! Thanks EH-T!

*happy happy siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Love the Joe pics and Avi! Yay!
                  Glad you liked the AVI LJ

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                  Good Morning Woohoos!
                  *Huggles*
                  How's everyone today?
                  *hugs* Valerie
                  My sister's coming down for a visit so I iz happy.
                  I am also overwhelmed. I spent the last 3 hours on the Awards thread trying to pick my nominations and I am only halfway through! Too much wonderful art to narrow it down.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  Thanks woohoos for the 69 congrats

Nice!!
                  There are a few other PTB but I don't think they are ultra important
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks EH-T. I can't even begin to imagine what Martin and his wife were going through. So glad that this had a happy ending, especially after the sad ending of Walter Koenig's son.

Glad you liked the AVI LJ

*hugs* Valerie
                    My sister's coming down for a visit so I iz happy.

Oh that's cool! I hope you have fun. When I one day move out of the house, I'll be glad when my sis will come to visit me, so I can only imagine it would be the same for you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Josie.
                      Loved the Goblet of Fire too! All the books in fact, except for the last one which I haven't read yet. I keep putting it off. It's a mental thing. I know it's the last one and I don't want it to end. *sigh*
                      Kind of like watching "Unending" on SG1.
                      Oh but the last one is wonderful! You have to read it! I read it in one sitting the day it came out and cried lots. And cheered and laughed too.

EH-T, wow, thanks for posting that. Poor Martin and family, that must have been terrifying
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Should we pass our happy thoughts on to Martin via Joe? I'm not sure they talk much anymore, but Joe may get in touch over something this big. Yes? No? What was I thinking?

(((Woohoos)))
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                          Should we pass our happy thoughts on to Martin via Joe? I'm not sure they talk much anymore, but Joe may get in touch over something this big. Yes? No? What was I thinking?

(((Woohoos)))
                          Sounds like a great idea! So, how do we get in touch with Joe??
                          sigpic

Comment

I shall post it on his blog, should everyone agree it's a good idea.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree! Thanks LJ!
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*runs in and hugs the WooHoos*
                                *hugs Martin and his family*

And sure, why not LJ? If it doesn't do anything, then nothing's lost either...
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X