The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Jumble...no sport? I love *watching* it. Doing it is another matter...that involves activity...*shudders* *hides fact that she goes to the sportschool*

I must agree with the fact that I don't like it that my normal TV programming is interrupted by it! *sob*

Nad I think Amanda will know she is a woohoo after July...perhaps two woohoos should give her a special "I'm a honorary Woohoo" badge
    Over here they never put new episodes of shows on during the olympics so I don't mind watching as there is usually nothing better to watch anyway.

Although, ScyFy is showing a mini Sanctuary marathon on Friday during the day so that will take me away from the Olymmpics since I don't go into work until the evening on Friday's for the wine tasting.
    Hmm..Friday all day watching Amanda and then all evening drinking wine. Sometimes it's hard being me.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      I agree with Jumble on the sig Nad. Love it.

Jumble? No sports at all??? Where I am we are big on womens basketball and womens ice hockey because of the success of the UConn teams.
      Also, we actually have three women from my own little town on this years olympic ice hockey team

Love Vangroovy.
      Nope. When I was 16 I was engaged to a Chelsea fan and went to every home game. That pretty much cured me of ever wanting to watch football again
      Jumble...no sport? I love *watching* it. Doing it is another matter...that involves activity...*shudders* *hides fact that she goes to the sportschool*

I must agree with the fact that I don't like it that my normal TV programming is interrupted by it! *sob*

Nad I think Amanda will know she is a woohoo after July...perhaps two woohoos should give her a special "I'm a honorary Woohoo" badge
      Now there's an idea

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Nope. When I was 16 I was engaged to a Chelsea fan and went to every home game. That pretty much cured me of ever wanting to watch football again
        It would me too.

I have my brother trying to convert Benjabubs into an Arsenal fan while Ben's own big brother is a major Chelsea supporter. I'd just as soon he took up knitting!

You know I agree with you on the sport taking over though. I hate that everything gets put off for sport. There's really no excuse these days, since there's plenty of freeview channels; it wouldn't hurt them to make one more to host all round sporting events and just leave normal TV alone.
        And don't even start me about having a big sporting venue on your doorstep. We're about 3 miles from Twickenham Rugby Stadium and, if there's a big international on... just forget about going anywhere that day.

BUT... I can't help but get into Olympics and big tournaments (like the football world cup). I never used to but then, one year we just happened to be in Greece on holiday while the world cup was on. I have never had such a great time on holiday as I did that year. It was like one big party; all the different nations were there having a ball, joshing each other and having a laugh. It was a blast! I think the tournament was somewhere in a different time zone so the earliest matches were on at 8am, so we'd go down to breakfast at the local hotel (donned head to toe in England gear of course) and have a full English brekkie with a pint of Amstel on the side... Hmm! And we watched England get knocked out in the semi finals against Brazil whilst on a boat in the Aegean. Bless the captain; he secured a TV for us and even broke maritme law by hoisting an England flag on his boat. And because we were all having such a great time, nobody cared we lost! Ever since then, I've had a new appreciation of how much caameraderie sport can bring. While I am hating the disruption and headaches the build up to 2012 is already causing, I'm sort of looking forward to it. Because London is already wonderfully cosmopolitan and I am more than a little in love with it.

*wanders off singing "Maaybe it's because I'm a Lahndaner, that eye luv Lahndan town..."*

*cough*

Um, I don't really talk like that...

... or, for that matter, sing like that...

...although I'll confess to the being badly out of tune part.

*yawns*

Gosh is that the time?

Woodnight Woohoos!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          It would me too.
          Well there were some good points. I always made sure we stood in the part of the stands closest to the corner........ Alan Hudson was totally thunkable back then

I have my brother trying to convert Benjabubs into an Arsenal fan while Ben's own big brother is a major Chelsea supporter. I'd just as soon he took up knitting!

You know I agree with you on the sport taking over though. I hate that everything gets put off for sport. There's really no excuse these days, since there's plenty of freeview channels; it wouldn't hurt them to make one more to host all round sporting events and just leave normal TV alone.
          And don't even start me about having a big sporting venue on your doorstep. We're about 3 miles from Twickenham Rugby Stadium and, if there's a big international on... just forget about going anywhere that day.
          That's it exactly! I've never understood it. I mean, they have sports channels, so why not put all the sports on them?

BUT... I can't help but get into Olympics and big tournaments (like the football world cup). I never used to but then, one year we just happened to be in Greece on holiday while the world cup was on. I have never had such a great time on holiday as I did that year. It was like one big party; all the different nations were there having a ball, joshing each other and having a laugh. It was a blast! I think the tournament was somewhere in a different time zone so the earliest matches were on at 8am, so we'd go down to breakfast at the local hotel (donned head to toe in England gear of course) and have a full English brekkie with a pint of Amstel on the side... Hmm! And we watched England get knocked out in the semi finals against Brazil whilst on a boat in the Aegean. Bless the captain; he secured a TV for us and even broke maritme law by hoisting an England flag on his boat. And because we were all having such a great time, nobody cared we lost! Ever since then, I've had a new appreciation of how much caameraderie sport can bring. While I am hating the disruption and headaches the build up to 2012 is already causing, I'm sort of looking forward to it. Because London is already wonderfully cosmopolitan and I am more than a little in love with it.

*wanders off singing "Maaybe it's because I'm a Lahndaner, that eye luv Lahndan town..."*

*cough*

Um, I don't really talk like that...

... or, for that matter, sing like that...

...although I'll confess to the being badly out of tune part.

*yawns*

Gosh is that the time?

Woodnight Woohoos!
          Nah, I'm basically a country girl, I don't do big cities, certainly not London Horrible, crowded, grimy place

WoodNight

Comment

I watch the Olympics when I catch them on (Mostly the figure skating. ) and like Bree says the stations don't have any new episodes so it's not really messing with anything...and it's on the ESPN (sports channels) a lot. Though at least it's not during the Summer...it would interfere with baseball being on TV on some channels.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Well there were some good points. I always made sure we stood in the part of the stands closest to the corner........ Alan Hudson was totally thunkable back then

That's it exactly! I've never understood it. I mean, they have sports channels, so why not put all the sports on them?

Nah, I'm basically a country girl, I don't do big cities, certainly not London Horrible, crowded, grimy place

WoodNight
            Me too. I went to NYC a few times and my cousin and I, when we got back, hugged our trees. (Gives a new meaning to the words "tree hugger" )

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              Over here they never put new episodes of shows on during the olympics so I don't mind watching as there is usually nothing better to watch anyway.

Although, ScyFy is showing a mini Sanctuary marathon on Friday during the day so that will take me away from the Olymmpics since I don't go into work until the evening on Friday's for the wine tasting.
              Hmm..Friday all day watching Amanda and then all evening drinking wine. Sometimes it's hard being me.
              I would be watching the Olympics but I'm not really into them (nor the summer ones either)...
              Sanctuary marathon you say? *makes a note*
              My Friday is looking good now

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              I watch the Olympics when I catch them on (Mostly the figure skating. ) and like Bree says the stations don't have any new episodes so it's not really messing with anything...and it's on the ESPN (sports channels) a lot. Though at least it's not during the Summer...it would interfere with baseball being on TV on some channels.

Me too. I went to NYC a few times and my cousin and I, when we got back, hugged our trees. (Gives a new meaning to the words "tree hugger" )
              I loved the schedule because it would have messed with one series I watch (Heroes) but the season finale was a week before, so it hasn't messed with my tv schedule at all.

I haven't been to NYC yet but I am a "tree hugger"
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                I would be watching the Olympics but I'm not really into them (nor the summer ones either)...
                Sanctuary marathon you say? *makes a note*
                My Friday is looking good now

I loved the schedule because it would have messed with one series I watch (Heroes) but the season finale was a week before, so it hasn't messed with my tv schedule at all.

I haven't been to NYC yet but I am a "tree hugger"
                I love the winter Olympics (speed skating, skiing, snowboarding and my favorite which is curling. My Canadian heritage is peeking out. ) so I am glad no regular programming is on so I can record every moment. I then skip the stuff I don't like. Having said that I don't see why they can't air it on a sports channel and free up regular channels for non-sport fans.

BTW-Sanctuary marathon starts at 8:00 am and the last ep begins at 3:00 pm. I have to be at work for 3:00 so I will only miss the last one. I planned it that way.

I love big cities (NY is a fave) but I enjoy a nice backyard with a garden. Too bad I don't have either.
                sigpic

Comment

I'll be in class till 12:15 I don't think I'm going to see much Sanctuary

I love big cities!! I really want to leave in an apartment (in the penthouse preferably) but right now I live in a house with a backyard. Anybody want to trade??
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*falls into thread* I hate math homework.

School rant OT
                    Spoiler:
                    *sigh* So I'm considering changing my major. I really adore science but I suck at it and I really don't want to be a science teacher. Except I have a problem...the college that I'm at now doesn't have the major I want to change to...and the college that I'm going to transfer to after next year doesn't have the major either...there's a community college (cheaper and it's 2 years...you have to transfer somewhere else for the last two years) that DOES have the major...and there's a 4 year college that I could transfer to, that I absolutely love (it's a nice christian college ), down in South Carolina but it's $16, 000 a year...and that's pretty steep. But it has my major that I want to transfer too...

And I'm just really super confused and have no idea if I should stick with science or I should change majors or what and I'm just...confused and upset!

*sighs*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*skips sports talk* Wow. You had a busy day without me, Woohoos! *runz through thread nekkid*
                      sigpic

Comment

See..but it does interfere because there are no new episodes of the TV shows now*sob*. During the summer is better because there are normally speaking less TV shows on

That sounds familiar...I remember B doing that while we have trees in here...just no forest(apparently a little park doesn't count)

School rant OT
                        Spoiler:
                        *sigh* So I'm considering changing my major. I really adore science but I suck at it and I really don't want to be a science teacher. Except I have a problem...the college that I'm at now doesn't have the major I want to change to...and the college that I'm going to transfer to after next year doesn't have the major either...there's a community college (cheaper and it's 2 years...you have to transfer somewhere else for the last two years) that DOES have the major...and there's a 4 year college that I could transfer to, that I absolutely love (it's a nice christian college ), down in South Carolina but it's $16, 000 a year...and that's pretty steep. But it has my major that I want to transfer too...

And I'm just really super confused and have no idea if I should stick with science or I should change majors or what and I'm just...confused and upset!

*sighs*

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...503-0014xe.jpg
                        Spoiler:
                        I would say do what your heart tells you to do and don't think about the money. Sounds weird but in the end you can always pay that back but you're happy with your job...or don't have a debth but be unhappy too.

I know that when I go to the USA and it's a bit too expensive I have to get a loan too(parents aren't going to pay for that in total) but I think it's worth it because I really want it and think it's good for my future development.

Money can always be paid because, happiness in general can't...

*hugs Amanda*

Although it's probably different for me since our system works differently...me thinks
                        sigpic

Comment

Hehe. Yeah.
                          She loves the PTB, loves the producs... I don't think we'll ever hear her speak of the Tool the way we do, but hey...
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

School rant OT
                            Spoiler:

*sighs*
                            *hugs Amanda* That certainly is a sucky situation

Spoiler:
                            Speaking from experience I wood say if you really aren't happy change, no matter the cost or upheaval. You'll only regret it in a couple of years if you don't. I wood give anything to go back and change my degree after the first year but I stayed because it was the "easy" thing to do. Now I regret that decision massively.

Seriously, if you really are sure then change it. It's your course, and it only comes around once!! (unless you can afford to do another. Man I wish I could ).

On the Olympics...
                            I'm kind of looking forward to 2012. I'm more into the fact that it's going to be a big experience than any of the sports. I guess I'd be quite interested in seeing the gymnastics, tennis and horseriding. Going to try and get tickets for all of those . Plus Dave is into track so I'll have to sit through those as well .

I love the figure skating at the Winter Olympics though . It just looks like it should be impossible and the Chinese pair that won gold were incredible ! *happy sigh*

Comment

Morning Woohoos

Still sick today but better than yesterday so hoping I'll be back in work tomorrow. But today you get my company again

On the sports stuff, I'm loving the olympics too, but I love sports and particularly big sport events in general. Can't wait for the 2012 olympics, I'm going to try to get tickets to as much as I can Would love to go to the gymnastics, and quite fancy going to some really random things too just because You're all right that the winter olympic sports are quite universally nuts though - it really says something when the sanest people are the ones who are on the ice with brooms

That's an awesome idea! Seriously!

School rant OT
                              Spoiler:

*sighs*

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...503-0014xe.jpg
                              (((((Amanda)))))
                              Spoiler:
                              Sarai and Jann are right, there's no value in forcing yourself to do something you don't enjoy and struggle with. I'd also say don't get too hung up on what you're going to do afterwards - university is a wonderful opportunity to spend a few years studying something you really enjoy and having fun with friends and growing up. And the biggest benefit of higher education in terms of future job prospects is having a degree, almost no matter what it's in. Obviously there are professions where that isn't the case, but for most things, having a degree shows your future employers what you're capable of, and the subject is less important. I don't use my degree in my job in terms of the subject I studied (and I don't regret that, because I really enjoyed studying it), but I wouldn't have my job if I didn't have a degree. So don't think, I'm going to be a science teacher (which tbh you've said you don't really want to do anyway) so I need to get my science degree. Think 'I'm really interested in this and I want to learn as much as possible about it and stretch myself intellectually by so doing'. It won't close any doors for you for the future, and might even open some you hadn't thought of.
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles Josi* Good advice

Glad to hear you're on the mend. It'd be like pulling teeth to get Dave to come and see gymnastics with me, maybe we can rendevous !

I made a new Bones vid, think I'm a little bit obsessed at the moment . Having a play with the export settings, wondering if I'll ever get it right . Maybe I should just go back to WMM!

Comment

Working...
                                X