The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Bekki! *hugs*

Sarai, that was awesome! Great job! I'm reminded why I love them so much!

So, yesterday my cousin came over and we went sledding down my hill. It was fun and I haven't done that in years! And then we sat (in the snow) at the top of the hill and contemplated the universe. And then (still weren't plowed out!) my cousin took my parents and I to one of the local pizza place and met up with her mom, dad and brother and had dinner. And then I got home and wasn't feeling good, so I ended up not going to school today. Blarg.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      That's good to hear

I've made another vid, the mojo is certainly on the increase...but MAN do I hate exporting!!! It never gets any easier, no matter what platform you're editing with . That and the stupid 100mb limit on Youtube really ticks me off *le sigh*.

EDIT: SUCCESS!! For the Bones fans...or for anyone who wants to get into the show that doesn't mind being spoilered *cough*Josiane*cough*

Booth and Brennan "Say"
      Sarai, there is no way to tell you how much this made me grin! I passed in on to APA, who is now also grinning. She is passing it on to Mara, who will be grinning as soon as her wild Aussie timeline allows. Thank you for this wonderful vid! Goodness, but Booth and Brennan have a lot of on-screen ship! *happy sigh* And wonderfully done, btw.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        Sarai, there is no way to tell you how much this made me grin! I passed in on to APA, who is now also grinning. She is passing it on to Mara, who will be grinning as soon as her wild Aussie timeline allows. Thank you for this wonderful vid! Goodness, but Booth and Brennan have a lot of on-screen ship! *happy sigh* And wonderfully done, btw.

They do, don't they? And Sarai's video is just wonderful at capturing that. I'm actually a bit blah about that ship most of the time because, while I see the chemistry and the ship, I get a bit frustrated by how they sometimes "force" it onto us (the whole misteltoe kissing thing being my main gripe - because it smacked of bad fanfic to me). But on the whole, I do love the way TPTB there let the relationship play out very overtly, at least in the eyes of others, and I'm a good deal more confident of a happy resolution to it than I have been to some other ships I've shipped over the years. notwithstanding the fact, once upon a notlongago I'd cheerfully announce that I never ever wanted Sam and Jack to be resolved

The only problem for me... is I love subtle and angsty!

I have to admit, unless I am missing something (Sarai or other UK Bones fans will tell me) I am getting a tad impatient with waiting ages for Sky to finish the latest series of Bones. It stopped just befre Christmas and I haven't seen it back yet. How flipping long do you need for a Christmas break! I flip through every Thursday to see whether it's a new one but it's always a repeat - not that I mind watching the repeats, but this thing about mid season breaks just annoys me. It probably works beautifully on U.S. TV but here in the UK, a mid season break usually results in things getting moved about and then consigned to obscure and unlikely slots and effectively kill their popularity by making it hard for viewers to follow.
        sigpic

Comment

*grins* Thanks LJ that's really sweet of you . It's funny...
          Spoiler:

I've really gotten into this ship in the past couple of weeks and in scouting around the internet I can't believe how many fans are complaining and moaning they haven't seen anything happen or anything been resolved etc... I want to scream at them, try watching 10 seasons of SG, plus a season of Stargate Atlantis, plus two movies and random episodes of SGU to glean the tiniest S/J titbits and then try and say there isn't enough BB action .

Edit for Cags...
          Spoiler:
          It's not back on US or UK TV until April, I presume because of some sporting event or other. Tis extremely frustrating but cest la vie .

On the other part of your post, that's a really interesting viewpoint. I think because of the subtly and angsty nature of Sam and Jack this ship has taken me by surprise in that I love how obvious it is. And how the writers aren't afraid to put those little scenes out there, like the kiss, because they know they can get away with it.

I think the best way to put it is to say I find it refreshing that it's so obvious. For me SJ was subtly and angsty, Josh and Donna was subtle but cute and a lot more obvious later on, and B/B is quite light-hearted and fun. They know they're going to end up together so why rush it. *happy sigh*
          Last edited by Sarai; 12 February 2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            Good luck Bekki! *hugs*

Sarai, that was awesome! Great job! I'm reminded why I love them so much!

So, yesterday my cousin came over and we went sledding down my hill. It was fun and I haven't done that in years! And then we sat (in the snow) at the top of the hill and contemplated the universe. And then (still weren't plowed out!) my cousin took my parents and I to one of the local pizza place and met up with her mom, dad and brother and had dinner. And then I got home and wasn't feeling good, so I ended up not going to school today. Blarg.
            Good to hear you had fun but I think ya ate too much

*huggles though*
            sigpic

Comment

*grins* Thanks LJ that's really sweet of you . It's funny...

Edit for Cags...
              Spoiler:
              It's not back on US or UK TV until April, I presume because of some sporting event or other. Tis extremely frustrating but cest la vie .

On the other part of your post, that's a really interesting viewpoint. I think because of the subtly and angsty nature of Sam and Jack this ship has taken me by surprise in that I love how obvious it is. And how the writers aren't afraid to put those little scenes out there, like the kiss, because they know they can get away with it.

I think the best way to put it is to say I find it refreshing that it's so obvious. For me SJ was subtly and angsty, Josh and Donna was subtle but cute and a lot more obvious later on, and B/B is quite light-hearted and fun. They know they're going to end up together so why rush it. *happy sigh*
              Frustrating but thanks for the heads up. I guess it will come back around the same time as SGU too.

Spoiler:

You see, I come from a Mulder/Scully ship background and Brennan and Booth do remind me of a much less angstier version of that. With M/S there was just so much angst - his sister was abducted, her sister was shot and killed by people trying to kill her, she was abducted, experimented on, rendered infertile, later found out she had a daughter conceived from her stolen eggs who subsequently died, then she got a brain tumour, almost died and thenw as cured. His dad was killed then his mum died... then he died and she had a miracle pregnancy, and their baby (because it was his but we don't find that out until later) has to go live with adoptive parents to protect it (an act that still makes fans all aorudn the world seethe with fury) and he's so completely damaged emotionally... but oh the Angst! *shippy sigh*
              The hugs and the hand touches and the gestures and the words. "My constant, my touchstone." "my one in five billion" "You make me a whole person" "I had the strength of your beliefs" "My place is here with you now." They were both such beautiful, flawed people but so very much in love with each other. *Shippy happy sigh*

I will never ever forget how Awesome Mulder and Suclly were. One day I will go back and make all those XF videos I wanted to make at the time but didn't have the means or the skill to do so.

And now, I feel the need to dig out my old XF fanfics for a read for old time's sake.

Ahem, but anyway; Brennan and Booth have a lot of that chemistry and interaction but without the angst and tradegy. So I can see they could resolve it and it could work in the context of the series too, but I do think that TPTB long term game plan is to resolve, if not the last episodes of the series, then at least in the last season. So yep, patience. 5 years so far is NOTHING copared to what I've waited in other series.

sigpic

Comment

Bones OT (in relation to what Cags and Sarai said...maybe small spoilers...)

Spoiler:
                What I absolutely adore in Bones is the character development. You look at who Bones character was in S1 (not believing in love, not believing in marriage etc.) to S5 and how much she's grown as a character and it's super nice to see.

I think you probably could over look if you didn't want to see the Booth/Bones ship, so I don't think it's so much in your face per say. So, if you really hated them you could overlook it. However, I really think that they'll get their happy ending...and until then, hey I'm all for all that UST!

My mom actually likes this show, she a woman who almost never watches "real" TV shows, loves Bones. (And Booth/Bones...and another ship on it as well )

I think the end of S4 though did throw some great angst into the mix...

*makes note to have a rewatch of Bones sometime soon*

Comment

THE ARMS!! *dies*

In relation to Cags and Amanda...
                  Spoiler:

You see I was never that into X Files but I could totally see why it wood become a massive ship for you. I have this feeling that the end of this series of Bones is going to get quite angsty. Or as angsty as I think the show can go anyway . Amanda I totally agree, there is huge character progession for Brennan but also quite a lot for Booth as well if you look at his opinion of 'squints' and of science in general. And his opinion of her . There's sooo many similarities you can draw in from SG though. IMO Booth is somewhat like Sam, aware of his attraction but with no idea what to do about and no desire to let it ruin the job and working relationship they have. I think in the second part of S5 we can expect to see him burying his feelings which will create a lot of tension and possibly angst.

I read a pretty big spoiler (don't click if you don't want to know!!)
                  Spoiler:
                  that Booth will get a new love interest in the second half and I think Bones' reaction will be like Jack to Pete. Quite excited to see the results .

Comment

*huggles woohoo's while trying not to cry*

I no longer have a love hate relationship with computers. i now flat out hate 'em. need 'em but hate 'em.
                    Did battle until well after bedtime last night and continued this morning. Think I finally got rid all 9 infections on my PC. The original one very sneakily replicated itself. and caused all sorts of problems.

Still want to cry at everything that was affected by this and I was terrified to log onto the Internet but so far nothing seems to be happening..yet but I am flat out exhausted, scared that personal info may have been compromised and I still have a long day ahead of me.

On the bright side Sunday is my one year wedding anniversary and we're celebrating by seeing the Lion King musical. I haven't been to the theater in ages and we are both Disney fanatics so it should be fun.

*hugs woohoo's needing hugs and woohoo's not needing hugs* just 'cuz I am happy to be back online.
                    sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree for computer troubles*

*lends her Siler's spanner*

Comment

THE ARMS!! *dies*

In relation to Cags and Amanda...
                        Spoiler:

You see I was never that into X Files but I could totally see why it wood become a massive ship for you. I have this feeling that the end of this series of Bones is going to get quite angsty. Or as angsty as I think the show can go anyway . Amanda I totally agree, there is huge character progession for Brennan but also quite a lot for Booth as well if you look at his opinion of 'squints' and of science in general. And his opinion of her . There's sooo many similarities you can draw in from SG though. IMO Booth is somewhat like Sam, aware of his attraction but with no idea what to do about and no desire to let it ruin the job and working relationship they have. I think in the second part of S5 we can expect to see him burying his feelings which will create a lot of tension and possibly angst.

I read a pretty big spoiler (don't click if you don't want to know!!)
                        Spoiler:
                        that Booth will get a new love interest in the second half and I think Bones' reaction will be like Jack to Pete. Quite excited to see the results .
                        Bones spoilers for the rest of unaired S5
                        Spoiler:
                        Ugh, I thought that was what I was gonna see. Awww I wonder how Bones will react...probably won't effect her at all. Darn it... *sigh* I'd much rather see Bones with someone and see Booth's reaction because he actually you know...reacts. But...
                        Spoiler:
                        I heard that it'll be okay or some such thing? *must go find spoilers NOW*

I'm now exactly sure if Bones feels strongly about Booth...I know he does her...so that spoiler would give a great opportunity to actually see if she does or not.

And I'm watching The Supreme of WW
                        Spoiler:
                        The Doctor (St: Voy)/Woolsey! *squee*

Edit- *huggles Bree for computer* And congrats.

Comment

*huggles Bree for computer troubles*

*lends her Siler's spanner*
                          Oh! Awesome! This will fix the hated PC but good! Thanks Sarai

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                          Bones spoilers for the rest of unaired S5
                          Spoiler:
                          Ugh, I thought that was what I was gonna see. Awww I wonder how Bones will react...probably won't effect her at all. Darn it... *sigh* I'd much rather see Bones with someone and see Booth's reaction because he actually you know...reacts. But...
                          Spoiler:
                          I heard that it'll be okay or some such thing? *must go find spoilers NOW*

I'm now exactly sure if Bones feels strongly about Booth...I know he does her...so that spoiler would give a great opportunity to actually see if she does or not.

And I'm watching The Supreme of WW
                          Spoiler:
                          The Doctor (St: Voy)/Woolsey! *squee*

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...nwoodcont8.jpg

Edit- *huggles Bree for computer* And congrats.
                          Thanks and thanks

A. I love Bones and I love the fact that (spoilered just in case)
                          Spoiler:
                          it's not nearly as angsty as X-Files and I love that we just know they will get together in the end. I also have high hopes for A and H to get back together as well. They belong together. they do! *lip trembles*

B. I am totally snurching pix of MW I haven't seen before.
                          sigpic

Comment

Woohood Woohoos! It's the weekend!

Bekki, good luck for the move, hope it all goes well!
                            Bree *huggles* for your computer problems, but happy anniversary for Sunday!
                            *throws huggles around liberally to everyone else*

That's good to hear

I've made another vid, the mojo is certainly on the increase...but MAN do I hate exporting!!! It never gets any easier, no matter what platform you're editing with . That and the stupid 100mb limit on Youtube really ticks me off *le sigh*.

EDIT: SUCCESS!! For the Bones fans...or for anyone who wants to get into the show that doesn't mind being spoilered *cough*Josiane*cough*

Booth and Brennan "Say"
                            Is that a hint??
                            Fab vid hun!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Is that a hint??
                              Fab vid hun!
                              A very well disguised one

I may have made another video...

Accidentally in Love

Off to visit a friend for the weekend, taking lappy so will be in and out . *dances out*

Comment

A very well disguised one

I may have made another video...

Accidentally in Love

Off to visit a friend for the weekend, taking lappy so will be in and out . *dances out*
                                OK!

And have a fab weekend! *huggles*
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X