The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Don't know if there's any Deadliest Catch fans here, but this made me sad...
    I'm not a fan, but I saw it earlier Far too young to die

Nad, good to see your Martin mojo has returned Niiiiice

My PS mojo has deserted me completely

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I'm not a fan, but I saw it earlier Far too young to die

Nad, good to see your Martin mojo has returned Niiiiice

My PS mojo has deserted me completely
      GIMP and I keep eying each other from opposite sides of the room. We're not getting along right now...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        I love fish but unfortunately I can only eat small amounts. I have an intolerance for it (but not a full blown allergy) so I can only have a little at a time and NEVER for more than one day. If I ate fish two days in a row I would be in so much pain. It stinks 'cuz I really do love it which is why I thin an allergy would be better. that way I wouldn't be able to eat it at all and not be tempted to over do.
        Aw, that's a shame. I eat fish at least four times a week, usually five. Just love it, which is a good thing because most meat is definitely off the menu for me atm. I don't miss meat particularly. I read somewhere (I think on the GABIT thread) that in Vancouver fish is prety much the staple diet, with 'a good steak bieng hard to come by'. Lucky for me then I'm actually hoping to come across some fish species that I haven't tried. Not too sure about the salmon candy though

As for MS, beyond seeing him in SG1 I never sought him out so I had no idea he was so unreliable. The only reason I saw that interview was that it came as link in an AT newsletter I get.
        He's not the only one. Jason Mamoa apparently stated quite categorically that the Atlantis movie was not going to get made, but Joe said he hadn't heard that and since he wrote the script one wood expect him to be amongst the first to know

Comment

*bounces in*

Evening Woohoos!

Yaya my hideous HIDEOUS report is finished. Two long loooong days to do it but 'tis done. Not that it'll make a jot of difference because, well, it won't but hey! There's always Plan B *clicks on Rightmove and starts looking for new life in the country*

Anyway.... *huggles Woohoos everywhere*

And...*bounces*

Why? Well, good(ish) news. You know my brothers? The ones who were both having cancer treatment (to the Noohoos, long long story - different tumours but conicidence that treatment coincided). Well they both finished their courses of radiotherapy last month and went back for their reviews this week. Both have been given good news. G's oncologist wants him back for review/rescan in three months but thinks they've done the job this time. K's tumour is significantly reduced and they think they might have stalled it for now. He's not got to have more treatment just yet and they will also review in three months. Obviously, long term it's still not great because, huh the phrase "inoperable" when applied to brain tumours is not exactly fan-bloody-tastic and long term... still not going there... but it's good for now.

Huge. Weight. Lifted.

*does happy dance*

Now it's my mum's turn, becuase they have to do something else about her crumbling spine... We're a right bunch of sicknotes in this family.

Oooh there's Farmville addicts here. I am ashamed (or not really) to admit I am into it too now. *sigh* It is very addictive.
          Still not really quite sure what I am doing. These animals keep wandering onto my farm and I have, I dunno, find them new homes or something?
          And now I have a chicken and a goose someone gave me. Do I feed them? How? Why do they love me when I pet them? Who they heck is brave enough to pet a goose anyway? Evil little beggers!

New movie #3 news? MS said it? One of the actors? Meh. Whatever.

While I would still love to see them all have one more romp for old times sake, I've made my peace with the fact it may not ever get filmed and that's ok. If it does, fantastic! I'll jump through hoops about it (especially if it's got that promised by Brad scene that's directed by Martin and staring Rick and Amanda ) but... I'm not holding my breath and I won't throw my toys out the pram about it. I'll just be incredibly grateful for all the fabulous stuff we already have to reminisce over.

It's just...WRONG!!!! *bursts into tears*

EDIT: I am not really crying. But I am kinda' bummed! How warped is that?
          Aw... *huggles LJ* I haven't seen it but I get the jist of what happened. It does indeed suck just a little.

I remember once when I was huge into The X Files David Duchovny came to the UK and did a radio programme (be a DJ for an hour sort of thing). He answered questions too. I sent, what I thoughw as a lame one in (something about what personality trait would he like to change about himself) and... he only went and read it out... drawled out my name long and slow in that gorgeoussexy accent... Ah bliss! I was driving at the time though, nearly crashed and was bummed that I wasn't home to tape it. When I got home my lovely, wonderful, amazing husband had only gone and pre-empted it and taped it for me.

And incidently, Mulder can still jump the queue to the front of my Future Husbands list... because I can't resist green eyes, and I can't resist emotionally vulnerable, slightly damaged and beautifully flawed men.

Gosh I am chatty tonight...

Blame the 5 cups of coffee I've had this evening...

*bounces some more*
          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 10 February 2010, 02:11 PM. Reason: I'm sorry; you're just going to have to deal with the typos tonight. I can barely think straight let alone correct things.
          sigpic

Comment

Snow pics!!

Spoilered for OT and size and longness.
            Spoiler:

Looking out the front of our house to the neighbors

The cars. You can't even tell they're there!

Another car look...

My dog summer in the snow...poor thing had to jump through it...

Summer again...

Kira in the snow.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Awww...my brothers and father got me hooked on that show and our season just ended Monday. Really sad to hear this.
              and for mentioned brothers made jokes about me watching it...certainly because I watched afterwards the Little Mermaid

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              *shakes head at the icky*

My Martin Art Mojo is returning!

It was fueled by this:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/DutchIndeed/Sigs/Other%20formats/th_zzzzzzzzhelennikowpdfg.jpg

...So I guess making product art will always lead back to PTB art.
              Therefore, PTB art is the ultimate form of art.

*blinks*
              Looooooovely And Yay for The Martin in it!
              sigpic

Comment

*WooHoooooods loudly for Cags' bros*

Um, no, you don't feed the animals. When you see a pink diamondy thing above them you click it and either gather eggs (chickens) brush (calf) of collect milk (cows) or whatever. This earns you money. Also, if you click on an animal you will see the option 'stay'. This stops them wandering about all over the place

When you see an animal needing adoption, click and accept it. It then becomes yours to keep or sell

Comment

*hugs Cags*
                  Love the pics, Amanda!

Thanks for the nice...ness.
                  Gimp and I only get along because I have some time on my hands right now...
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    *bounces in*

Evening Woohoos!

Yaya my hideous HIDEOUS report is finished. Two long loooong days to do it but 'tis done. Not that it'll make a jot of difference because, well, it won't but hey! There's always Plan B *clicks on Rightmove and starts looking for new life in the country*

Anyway.... *huggles Woohoos everywhere*

And...*bounces*

Why? Well, good(ish) news. You know my brothers? The ones who were both having cancer treatment (to the Noohoos, long long story - different tumours but conicidence that treatment coincided). Well they both finished their courses of radiotherapy last month and went back for their reviews this week. Both have been given good news. G's oncologist wants him back for review/rescan in three months but thinks they've done the job this time. K's tumour is significantly reduced and they think they might have stalled it for now. He's not got to have more treatment just yet and they will also review in three months. Obviously, long term it's still not great because, huh the phrase "inoperable" when applied to brain tumours is not exactly fan-bloody-tastic and long term... still not going there... but it's good for now.

Huge. Weight. Lifted.

*does happy dance*

Now it's my mum's turn, becuase they have to do something else about her crumbling spine... We're a right bunch of sicknotes in this family.
                    *happy dances with Cags* That's fantastic news, so pleased for you! Let's hope they can help your mum out now And yay on finishing the report too

New movie #3 news? MS said it? One of the actors? Meh. Whatever.

While I would still love to see them all have one more romp for old times sake, I've made my peace with the fact it may not ever get filmed and that's ok. If it does, fantastic! I'll jump through hoops about it (especially if it's got that promised by Brad scene that's directed by Martin and staring Rick and Amanda ) but... I'm not holding my breath and I won't throw my toys out the pram about it. I'll just be incredibly grateful for all the fabulous stuff we already have to reminisce over.
                    ^^ What she said There's more important things in life to get upset about, frankly. And it's only a rumour at this point anyway, so definitely no point in getting your knickers in a twist just because MS said he doubts it'll happen
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Woohood for the bro's Cags Good to hear that!

Amanda, like I already said on YIM love the pics! Certainly the last one of the dog. I'm such a dog person

Woodnight woohoos!
                      sigpic

Comment

Aww. That's sad.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        *WooHoooooods loudly for Cags' bros*

Um, no, you don't feed the animals. When you see a pink diamondy thing above them you click it and either gather eggs (chickens) brush (calf) of collect milk (cows) or whatever. This earns you money. Also, if you click on an animal you will see the option 'stay'. This stops them wandering about all over the place

When you see an animal needing adoption, click and accept it. It then becomes yours to keep or sell

Ah thanks. I figured since I go to other people's farms and can feed their chickens that I need to feed mine too.
                        I think I'll let the chickens roam a bit. I'm a free range kind of girl. And I only have one and a goose at the moment.

Lovely snow pictures Amanda! Wow that is... umm... you're not going anywhere tomorrow, much less school!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          *shakes head at the icky*

My Martin Art Mojo is returning!

It was fueled by this:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/DutchIndeed/Sigs/Other%20formats/th_zzzzzzzzhelennikowpdfg.jpg

...So I guess making product art will always lead back to PTB art.
                          Therefore, PTB art is the ultimate form of art.

*blinks*
                          Love them Nad

Note to self
                          must make more art

*bounces in*

Evening Woohoos!

Huge. Weight. Lifted.

*does happy dance*

Thats great news Cags
                          Hope you mum gets better
                          I know how tough it is to have family that is sick

Comment

Originally posted by Torzy86 View Post

Thats great news Cags
                            Hope you mum gets better
                            I know how tough it is to have family that is sick
                            Thanks.

My mum isn't going to get masses better because they can't fuse this bit as she's not healthy enough to undergo such a gruelling operation now but she can at least be comfortable and not is so much pain and they've got some treatments or something that might help with that. Three years ago she had her lower back fused because her spine had crumbled there. Actually she had it right before I was due to give birth and, as a consequence, wasn't able to be with me at the birth or come and see me and her new grandchild in hospital (we were kept in for a few days) so it was a bit frustrating that it happened that way but, oh the difference it made to her! She was is so much pain! She was supposed to have this done a couple of months ago but, frankly, with all that was going on with my brothers I don't think any of us would have coped with her being laid up too.
                            She turned 76 yesterday so she's reached the point now where all she says is "I won't be around much longer..." to which I reply "Great, I can have that opal pendant I've had have had my eye on for years!" (Umm, to be fair, I did buy her it in the first place because we have a shared love of opals ). And she has, as she's got older, become exactly like my nan!

I've just realised I am going to turn into my mum one day... people already tell me I'm like her... oh lordy!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

My mum isn't going to get masses better because they can't fuse this bit as she's not healthy enough to undergo such a gruelling operation now but she can at least be comfortable and not is so much pain and they've got some treatments or something that might help with that. Three years ago she had her lower back fused because her spine had crumbled there. Actually she had it right before I was due to give birth and, as a consequence, wasn't able to be with me at the birth or come and see me and her new grandchild in hospital (we were kept in for a few days) so it was a bit frustrating that it happened that way but, oh the difference it made to her! She was is so much pain! She was supposed to have this done a couple of months ago but, frankly, with all that was going on with my brothers I don't think any of us would have coped with her being laid up too.
                              She turned 76 yesterday so she's reached the point now where all she says is "I won't be around much longer..." to which I reply "Great, I can have that opal pendant I've had have had my eye on for years!" (Umm, to be fair, I did buy her it in the first place because we have a shared love of opals ). And she has, as she's got older, become exactly like my nan!

I've just realised I am going to turn into my mum one day... people already tell me I'm like her... oh lordy!
                              My mums the same. With age she is slowly becoming more and more like Nan and she hates it when anyone tells her that.

Also just like you I'm forever told I'm just like my mum. Dad keeps saying 'Take a look at your mother cause that will be you in 30 years'

Comment

Originally posted by Torzy86 View Post
                                My mums the same. With age she is slowly becoming more and more like Nan and she hates it when anyone tells her that.

Also just like you I'm forever told I'm just like my mum. Dad keeps saying 'Take a look at your mother cause that will be you in 30 years'

And the correct response ought to be for us to be proud and happy because our mothers are awesome people we would be proud to emulate... but somehow we're horrified at the thought!
                                And actually, I know in as much as I am like her, I am very unlike her too. I have a lot of my dad's sense of humour and laid back attitude too. Plus quite a lot of my own personality that I get purely from my own life experiences and not from either of them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X