The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runs in and huggles Woohoos*

Edit: Just discovered my new house is only 2 hours away from Mara!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      LJ I see you lurking. How are you doing?

Edit: Ok, sorry, dumb question *hugs*
      I'm upright and breathing, which still feels very wrong. I'm taking my kids to see their Grandma for what will probably be the last time in a few days, and I have to prepare myself to be strong for them, even as my heart shatters. She is going in for surgery on Thursday, and in her weakened state, the chances of her coming back out are 50/50 at best. But, she wants to fight and we are abiding by her wishes. If surgery should go well and recovery goes as expected, we may have another year. And while I know that scenerio is highly unlikely, I also can't count my mom out--she's a fighter. She actually almost died on Thursday, and they didn't expect her to make it through the night last night. But today, she's alert and has color--she's herself. So. We'll have to see.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      *runs in and huggles Woohoos*

Edit: Just discovered my new house is only 2 hours away from Mara!!!
      Yay!
      sigpic

Comment

LJ, it all sounds awful but at the same time like your mum is a real fighter and won't give up if she can help it. Thinking of you and all your family and will be praying for the best on Thursday for you.
        *massive hugs*
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Ooh, well, um, some of that is accurate. Or would be if I'd had a choice in the matter for any of them. As none of them were brand new I didn't. Actually the only car I got to chose the colour of was the 106 and that was blue, and that was only because we had a choice of blue, green or red and I dislike both red and green for cars.

One day I will order my own brand spanking new car. Oh yes I will.
          You will! I never expected to ever have a brand new car, but this will be my third I've been crafty, always got them at 0% interest And changing them when the warranty runs out means you never have any maintenance costs except for the annual service, which is a fixed price so can be easily budgeted for

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
          I'm staying away from black cars...
          *hugs Wendy*

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            I'm upright and breathing, which still feels very wrong. I'm taking my kids to see their Grandma for what will probably be the last time in a few days, and I have to prepare myself to be strong for them, even as my heart shatters. She is going in for surgery on Thursday, and in her weakened state, the chances of her coming back out are 50/50 at best. But, she wants to fight and we are abiding by her wishes. If surgery should go well and recovery goes as expected, we may have another year. And while I know that scenerio is highly unlikely, I also can't count my mom out--she's a fighter. She actually almost died on Thursday, and they didn't expect her to make it through the night last night. But today, she's alert and has color--she's herself. So. We'll have to see.
            50/50 = Glass half full

People do come back from these apparently hopeless situations, don't give up hope! We're all sending her love and positive vibes. Seeing you and her grandchildren will give her a lift and strengthen her resolve. Smile for her

*hugs LJ*

Comment

More mega squishy hugs for you LJ. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman and, as you say, don't count her out if she's got the strength of will to fight. All you can do is hope for the best but prepare yourself for the worst - personally I've never been quite able to work out how to do that (prepare for the worst that is) emotionally since you know the worst is going to shatter you, but somehow, yes, our amazing physical bodies seem to carry on regardless, and even more amazingly, somehow we manage to smile again.
              What time is her surgery on Thursday? Perhaps we can all send joint WooHoo Power positive energy to her. I know I probably sound wishy washy (or, more likely a bit Uri Geller!) but you know I do believe in the power of positive thinking, and is she knows there's all these people sending her strength and love it may help. A little.

For now, here's some possy vibes:

and a big...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                I'm staying away from black cars...
                *hugs Wendy*

((((LJ)))) Your mom sounds like a real fighter! I really hope she makes it and I will think positive for you*crosses fingers*
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, ladies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Will be thinking of you and your family LJ. She sounds like she's fighting .

Will be sending you positive vibes and prayers. *hugs again*

Comment

*sends posiive vibes to LJ*

*hugs WooHoos*
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles Tanie*

*huggles Woohoos*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Hmm. I looked up what the colour of your car says about you, and here's what I got....

If you're looking for someone who marches to the beat of their own drum, look for someone who drives a purple car. They are "creative, individualistic and original."

Purple: a self-assured driver with a love of all things beautiful;

The color of royalty, purple is the choice for those with above-average tastes but who may be a little vain and temperamental. Those who like purple usually are fond of the arts.

A purple vehicle means you are creative, individualistic, original. It could also mean you're too old to care what anyone thinks of you.

Uh-huh!

Edit: *waves to Tanie*
                        Suddenly I'm reminded of the poem "When I'm Old I Shall Wear Purple, except in Jumble's case, it's Drive Purple

And no, I'm not calling Jumble old The last page says something like "so I'm gonna start wearing purple now" (heavily paraphrased cos it's been a few years since I read it )

*echoes what everyone else has said*

I'll be praying for you, your Mum and your family. I lost my Mum to lukaemia almost 6 years ago, so I know how difficult this time is. Rant at me anytime you like. *squishy huggles LJ*
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the hugs <3

LJ, I'll be keeping your mum in my thoughts all these week. *hugs*
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

@ Oma

The last verse says...

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
                            So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
                            When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Nobody that knows me wood be the least bit surprised

Comment

Ugh. I'm tired. How is everyone else today?
                              sigpic

Comment

wood morning, Woohoos

*kisses everyone*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X