Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    I hope so LOL
    Let me just know the approximate times/dates that I need to book my ticket and then it'll be fine...I hope

ROFL on the names for the cars...hmm...so no Marty or Woody? What about Jumbly? (since the purple kind of makes it a girly car )
    It is not a girly car

My cars all have male names

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      It is not a girly car

Purple so is

You can call it Jack?

is it Wednesday???
      sigpic

Comment

I vote for Coopie!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Purple so is

You can call it Jack?

is it Wednesday???
          Purple is a very masculine colour. If it was pink or yellow it wood be girlie

Wait! You're suggesting 'Jack' for what you consider to be a girlie car??? I'm tempted to call it that just for that reason

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          I vote for Coopie!
          That's definitely better than 'Marty'. Ick!

Woody is starting to grow on me. Must.not.name.the.car.after.Martin.

Comment

It's because I want the new registration number No point having a new car if it looks a year old two months after you get it

Oh FCOL! As if I wood call my cute little car THAT!!!

That's what I've always done in the past. I had a Cortina called Harry, a Montego called Monty (soooo original ), a Sierra called William..... uh, can't remember if the Zafira had a name......... and the Grand Scenic doesn't have a name either Hmm. I'm sure something appropriate will come to me when I'm driving it.

What? Nobody wants to suggest 'Woody'?

Well I was going to suggest that...

Hmm, how and Pukkie?

You had a Montego? My sympathies to you.
            Actually, the Montego was an ok car. The Maestro that my parents had, on the other hand, was horrible.

I had a Monty (an A reg Austin Metro Vandem Plas. My very first car.)
            We also had Pyp, the Cavalier (the reg no was PYP40Y )
            And Griswald the Granada which Charles was driving when we first started going out. The car was only a year younger than me.
            And there was Charles' car from before that, a lime green capri 2.8 called Kermit.
            After the cavalier we had a senator and then a carlton (that was in our Vauxhall phase) but they never had names.
            I also had company cars; the Peugoet 106 that I crunched, and then a green 306 diesel that I nicknamed The Tank because that's what it felt like to drive - and it wrecked my knee driving it too. Then there was the golf TDI which I loved so very much, but had to give back when I changed jobs. That one was simply called My Baby.
            We currently have an unnamed PT Cruiser which I have a very love/hate relationship with but, huh, Charles wanted a Cruiser and I wanted a conservatory so we both got our own way.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, there's always Joe. Or Mallozzi. Or Joe Mallozzi. I can just see you talking to Suz and saying, "Joe Mallozzi drives so well in the snow! He's just brilliant!"
              sigpic

Comment

Well, there's always Joe. Or Mallozzi. Or Joe Mallozzi. I can just see you talking to Suz and saying, "Joe Mallozzi drives so well in the snow! He's just brilliant!"
                Or...

"Would you like to come for a ride in my lovely shiny purple Joe?"

No?
                sigpic

Comment

Joe does look good in purple...

sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear the semi-lecture helped And well done you on the talk Going first is often a good idea, gets it out of the way so you can relax and watch everyone else suffer

Whatever happens, Josiane will have to go via Reading to pick Oma and possibly me, depending how it works out. I'll leave the navigation to somebody who is capable of getting from A to B without getting lost 20 times

I wondered who wood be the first to suggest that

No. Just NO!!!! Ok?

Of course you realise, it's going to drive me nuts having to wait two months for it
                    That was exactly my plan. And it worked, it helped me not be so nervous!

It is not a girly car

*finds that incredibly dirty*

Wait! You're suggesting 'Jack' for what you consider to be a girlie car??? I'm tempted to call it that just for that reason

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

*nods* That he does.

Okay, so my randomness for the day, I'm sitting here after watching Bones on one of the stations and this program telethon thing pops up called 'Hope for Haiti now' and I flipped through the channels, it's on 24 channels, wow! They have a bunch of actors and singers who are going to sing and things like that. All of the lower channels for us which normally have the local news and the major TV shows are running the program and all of the music channels as well. And it's really cool because there's at least 3 different places where they're shooting the people talk and the singers sing, it's live from Los Angels, New York and London. Anway, I just thought that was really cool.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Well I was going to suggest that...

Hmm, how and Pukkie?
                      I'm not sure Nad wood be amused

You had a Montego? My sympathies to you.
                      Actually, the Montego was an ok car. The Maestro that my parents had, on the other hand, was horrible.

I had a Monty (an A reg Austin Metro Vandem Plas. My very first car.)
                      We also had Pyp, the Cavalier (the reg no was PYP40Y )
                      And Griswald the Granada which Charles was driving when we first started going out. The car was only a year younger than me.
                      And there was Charles' car from before that, a lime green capri 2.8 called Kermit.
                      After the cavalier we had a senator and then a carlton (that was in our Vauxhall phase) but they never had names.
                      I also had company cars; the Peugoet 106 that I crunched, and then a green 306 diesel that I nicknamed The Tank because that's what it felt like to drive - and it wrecked my knee driving it too. Then there was the golf TDI which I loved so very much, but had to give back when I changed jobs. That one was simply called My Baby.
                      We currently have an unnamed PT Cruiser which I have a very love/hate relationship with but, huh, Charles wanted a Cruiser and I wanted a conservatory so we both got our own way.
                      I actually had two Montegos. The first one I wrote off exactly a month after I got it It was green. I've had three green cars and all of them were troublesome from start to finish, so I'll never have a green car again. I know, female logic

Hmmm. Well if we're going to give the whole history..........

My first car was a beautiful turquoise VW Beetle which cost me £72.50! It ended up on the scrap heap when it failed it's MOT miserably two years later

Then I had a little black Mini which I adored. Cost £50. Sold it for £200 after a year because I'd had Jo by then and I wasn't happy putting her in the back of a two-door car.

Then a blue and white Ford Anglia.
                      Next was a red Hillman Imp.
                      White Austin 2000.
                      Grey Austin 1800.
                      Green Peugeot 505 Auto. Serious problems with the fuel system which cost a fortune to fix.
                      Gold Ford Cortina Auto.
                      Blue Peugeot 505 Auto. A dream of a car, loved it.
                      Another Blue Peugeot 505 auto. Not as good as the first one.
                      Green Renault Auto (can't remember the model). The transmission went after two months and I had to be very inventive in order to never need reverse gear until I could get a replacement
                      Blue Hillman Avenger, very old, bought cheap because it was urgent
                      Red Chrysler something or other.
                      Blue Cortina (Harry)
                      Blue Ford Sierra (William)
                      Green Montego Auto 7-Seater Estate (the crashed one)
                      Silver/Grey Ford Cortina Estate.
                      Red Montego Auto 7-Seater Estate (Monty)
                      Red Ford Mondeo Auto.
                      Flame Red Vauxhall Zafira Auto MPV.
                      Ice Blue Grand Scenic 7-Seater Auto (current one)
                      Beautiful little Purple Renault Grand Modus Quick-Shift Auto soon to arrive!

Gosh, what a lot of cars

Er..... yeah. I don't think so somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        That was exactly my plan. And it worked, it helped me not be so nervous!
                        Good for you

*finds that incredibly dirty*
                        Why?

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!
                        Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

Oh, I forgot to say, the car salesman is a Sanctuary fan!!!!

Likes SG as well but not SGA and hasn't seen SGU.

Recently divorced, two little girls that he sees on Thursdays and Sundays.................

Yes, I did get his life history while I was there

Comment

Evening *checks clock* all! Sorry I've not been around tonight, had a meeting with my collective girls then went back to relax and ended up watching Singin' in the Rain and Breakfast at Tiffany's. Certainly beats running up and down a bar serving drunken, obnoxious, arrogant students !

*bounces for the shipmeet* *huggles Jann for coming* So excited

*wishes other Woohoos could come too *

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          No worries! I prefer train to being in cars.

Besides it's just one train from Nottingham as opposed to cross-country, so I'm fine. It's just a matter of someone meeting me at Leeds Train Station
                          *steps up* That'll be me !

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          No trouble at all, Jann, I'm really excited you're coming and I'm sure the rest of us are too We've just got to work out the most efficient way of gathering us all up so we can get to Sarai's, but we'll figure it out, don't worry
                          That and figuring out where everyone is going to sleep

Comment

Just noticed that Joe's Japanese salutation is the wrong way round in that pic

Comment

Just noticed that Joe's Japanese salutation is the wrong way round in that pic
                              That's actually the first part of "Cut. It. Out."
                              sigpic

Comment

Forgot to say, congrats on the new car Jumble it's super cute!!!

And really does look like a Woody

Comment

Working...
                                X