Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning woohoos

*bighugehumongoushugglesfor Jumble*

I have a migraine hangover. Fuzzy headed and still a dull throbbing but better than last night.
    After reading through all posts and trying to catch up I decided that it's a losing battle. *sorry*

Yesterday morning, before work, I was working on the following. Never got a chance to post it so here goes:

Again, not happy with it because it seems darker on the forum than it did in PS. Can't figure out why that keeps happening.

On a side note: I notice that you all (most of you) use photobucket and I use webshots. How do you like PB? Do you recommend it? I just noticed that webshots is stingy about sharing and won't let people save stuff unless they sign up. I hate sites that do that so I am thinking about signing up for PB. Is it easy to use? Do they force people to become members as well or is actual sharing allowed?
    sigpic

Comment

Forgot! Congratulations on the 69 post Jumble!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Bree Sorry to hear you've got the migraine hangover. The one I had last week lasted several days

I must admit, I did wonder why you were using webshots because when you post a texture it's not possible to copy it full size because of the sign-up thing

I've always found PB to work very well. If you have the free account the pop-ups can be a bit annoying, but apart from that it's great I'd definitely recommend it. As long as you don't make your album private, anyone can view and save your stuff. I tend to keep my Martin folder private, giving my password to people that I'm happy to have snurching, and things like sigs and textures are open to all.

Hope that helps

And thanks

Comment

The thanks you give makes you 'ok' if you see what I mean Jumble. If I can be half as strong as you at any point in my life then I'll consider myself lucky.

WW (spoilery sort of)
          Spoiler:
          Just got to the bit at the end of season 2 where they combine my love for good storytelling with one of my favourite Dire Straits songs Brothers in Arms *shivers*. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Hey Bree Sorry to hear you've got the migraine hangover. The one I had last week lasted several days

I must admit, I did wonder why you were using webshots because when you post a texture it's not possible to copy it full size because of the sign-up thing

I've always found PB to work very well. If you have the free account the pop-ups can be a bit annoying, but apart from that it's great I'd definitely recommend it. As long as you don't make your album private, anyone can view and save your stuff. I tend to keep my Martin folder private, giving my password to people that I'm happy to have snurching, and things like sigs and textures are open to all.

Hope that helps

And thanks
            Thanks Jumble. I will sign up for one after work tonight and try and figure it out.
            sigpic

Comment

*mustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilers*

Well you know what they say Sarai, what doesn't kill you makes you strong

Bree if you need any help with figuring it out, just yell

Comment

Sucky day so far...exams sucked...and just got my mark back from the website. LOTS of critisism and she even called it "amateuristic" Plus my mark is the same as part of my group(the girls). The boys did get a bit of a lower mark but only 0.4 point ...plus it's IMHO a bad mark overall(really affecting my overall grade and I'm sure it's going down a LOT)
                I did pass but barely...all that work and still same grade...
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jann* But you know, a pass is still a pass, and much better than a fail

Comment

*mustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilers*
                    It's a season 2 end spoiler if that makes any difference

Well you know what they say Sarai, what doesn't kill you makes you strong
                    Here's hoping

*huggles Jann* I'll second what Jumble said; it's not a fail and that's the most important thing. Probably not much of a comfort though.

Comment

*huggles Jann* But you know, a pass is still a pass, and much better than a fail
                      True...but still I hate it that she didn't recognize the work I did and said it very harshly...also I need my high grades if I want to be chosen to go to the USA next year...(only one student of our school will be chosen)

sorry...I'm just feeling bad about it, combined with other stuff of today(exams and I am afraid that with on exam which will be checked by the computer, I forgot my version...and other exam at least from 7 multiple choice questions multiple answers were correct ..thus also worried about what the teacher thinks is right..not to forget the question that nobody understood...)
                      And then also ex-BF was being annoying. I tried being nice, but the dude just doesn't understand no or "go away"

Again sorry for the whining

*shuffles off in order not to annoy the woohoos with her personal stuff*

*waves with a Martin flag from corner*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        It's a season 2 end spoiler if that makes any difference
                        Still haven't got that far I think I should maybe go back and start again, refresh my memory before going further on

Here's hoping

*huggles Jann* I'll second what Jumble said; it's not a fail and that's the most important thing. Probably not much of a comfort though.
                        You want proof? Look at me Except hopefully you'll get there by a less painful route

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          True...but still I hate it that she didn't recognize the work I did and said it very harshly...also I need my high grades if I want to be chosen to go to the USA next year...(only one student of our school will be chosen)

sorry...I'm just feeling bad about it, combined with other stuff of today(exams and I am afraid that with on exam which will be checked by the computer, I forgot my version...and other exam at least from 7 multiple choice questions multiple answers were correct ..thus also worried about what the teacher thinks is right..not to forget the question that nobody understood...)
                          And then also ex-BF was being annoying. I tried being nice, but the dude just doesn't understand no or "go away"

Again sorry for the whining

*shuffles off in order not to annoy the woohoos with her personal stuff*

*waves with a Martin flag from corner*
                          You're not annoying anyone! If you can't come to us when you're upset then there's something very wrong

I understand that you're feeling bad about it, but it's done now and you can't change it. Just take a deep breath and get on with the next thing, resolving to do better, cover your back and don't let others put your grades in jeopardy again

*extra squishy huggles*

Comment

Still haven't got that far I think I should maybe go back and start again, refresh my memory before going further on
                            Any excuse for a re-watch is a good idea as far as I'm concerned!

You want proof? Look at me Except hopefully you'll get there by a less painful route
                            True, but then you and I are different people . Like I said, here's hoping. Just feeling stuck in a rut at the moment .

Jann, this might sound a little odd but you've said in the past how much you want to go to the USA next year and sometimes these things happen when you stop thinking about them. If you concentrate on just getting through school, doing the best you can, then who knows what will happen. If that helps at all *extra squishy hugs* And don't go retreating, that's what we are here for!!

EDIT: And like Jumble said, don't ever let other people take responsibility for your grades!! I had to do that for my dissertation and it was one of the scariest things I've ever done - and partly because of the others one of the lowest marks I've ever received .

Comment

Sarai, you're feeling like that because of the job situation, and because you're in the aftermath of all the hassle with the house.

Remember last year when you were all telling me things wood get better? Think I believed you? But things are better, and they'll get better for you as well. You have Dave (I mean, I know he's an ugly weed, but he's your ugly weed ) and you have a nice new home, good health................ and of course..

... to look forward to Not bad when you add it up, huh?

The job will come when it's meant to

And then you'll be too busy to come and talk to us, or PS, or rewatch WW.............

Count your blessings

Comment

Trust me, if you want children the best way is to wait for the right guy, settle down with him and have your family whilst still keeping your own identity and career. Being a mum doesn't stop you being yourself, it just adds another dimension to your life and enriches it. Marriage doesn't have to 'tie you down', that's a very old-fashioned way of thinking. Life should be an adventure, and having a partner to share it with more than doubles the enjoyment of it.

So I'm told

What Jumble said right there. *nods*

Ah, I see I'm too late to delete this morning's tirade

I appreciate the hugs, but my life is what it is and there's not really a lot I wood change, because if I did I woodn't be who I am today, and since I have so many lovely friends who think I'm ok I reckon I'll stick with what I've got And if I hadn't got involved with the bad guys, I woodn't have my children and my grandchildren, and there's no way in the world that I could ever regret having them

I can't even regret the last part, for that wood mean regretting Michael, and I could never do that.

That bad bits were very bad, but the good bits were AWESOME!

*squishy huggles Jumble for... well, everything you have a right to have a "moment" for* Let's face it, if half of us went through half of that we'd run screaming to the hills wearing our pants on our head. You are one strong, incredible lady to be as awesome as you are after all that.

And I bet you get kind of slightly uncomfortable when people call you strong or brave or incredible or inspirational don't you? And that's what makes you Awesome, you see.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                                My mum (in one of her more loving moments) told me that her labour with me took about an hour, the shortest of her three kids. She's a nurse (I know, go figure ) and said that length of labour can often be hereditary so mine might not be too bad. Is that just wishful thinking, have you heard anything like that?

On that subject though, I used to say I wood never have kids. Ever since Dave and I began to get a bit more serious, moving in together etc... I've been slowly changing my mind and now I'm much more open to the idea. I think maybe two, although I'm pretty sure my mind will change one way or the other after I've had one !!
                                Apparently yes, it can follow like that. My mum had 4 fairly short labours (all under 10 hours) and mine was under 9 hours from the first contraction to him coming out. My sister in law had 6 kids (one set of twins so 5 labours) and they were all, apparently very short. Her daughter - my niece - has never laboured longer than 3 hours. I have to admit, although a short labour sounds wonderful, it's a bit of a shock when you've mentally prepared for it to be several hours. Mine went horribly wrong at the end - in a midwife slamming her hand on the emergency button way that I won't scare bore you with but I'd still do it all again in a heartbeat if I could.
                                Not going though; even if I won the pools and could chuck another £20K at making babies there's no way I would go through all that crap, pain and heartache to get pregnant again. I've made my peace with that now, but there are still days when, for instance, like this morning when I read my niece's Facebook update and she's whinging, yet again (which she does ALL the time), about how hard her life is and how miserable she is and how anoying her three gorgeous children are and I just feel like hitting the comment button and saying "I know a hundred women who would saw off their right arm to have your life, me included, so shut the **** up and enjoy your lovely babies and thank your lucky stars you didn't go through hell to have them."

But I don't because, y'know, because perspective is reality. And anyway, that would be a bit rude.

Anyhoo...

*Huggles Woohoos everywhere*

Hmm, quick question for the wordsmiths among us. When addressing a letter (or in this case, an email) to a person you have never met, what's the correct salutation? I started it "Dear Paul" but that seems a tad familiar and, since this guy is effectively paying my wages, I'd rather him not think I'm a tart!

(is it wrong that the first people I thought of asking that question was you guys? )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X