• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *sighs*
    I just don't want kids. Ever. *shudders*

Thank you

And *hugs*
    Is it the labor you fear or the kids themselves? Don't despair. Should I bore you with with my longer (3.5 hour) labor and delivery story? No?

Love your new sigs too.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Oh right, I thought you meant just before, and couldn't figure how I'd missed them

And I've just discovered that my subscriptions to the Artwork thread and a couple of others got deleted. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any alerts, thought the threads were just quiet
    The same thing happened to me yesterday. I wonder if it has to do with the fixes their making to GW? It can't be something we did?

(((Cags))) Ouch!!! I hope you feel better soon.
    sigpic

Comment

Estrela 3.5 hours labour or 3.5 hours to tell the tale?

I was 12 hours, 9 hours and 4.5 hours. The 4.5 hours was the worst one, much more painful. And that was with an epi

Gotta go to bed. WoodNight *huggles WooHoos*

I'd huggle Martin but I'm still afraid he might be watching

Comment

My Jo always said she didn't want children, and now she has four and thinks being a mum is the best job in the world - go figure

I always knew I wood have some, didn't expect to end up with six grandchildren - and counting

I guess I had an averagely easy time with the births, and fell pregnant at the drop of a........ I was going to say 'hat', but I guess 'pair of trousers' wood be more accurate
        My mum once, in an attempt to console me, said that in her day you only had to hang your knickers on the line and you were knocked up!

Woodnight Jumble.

And I am off to bed too now so Woodnight Woohoos everywhere.
        sigpic

Comment

I was 12 hours, 9 hours and 4.5 hours. The 4.5 hours was the worst one, much more painful. And that was with an epi

3.5 hour labor but if pressed I could make it a 3.5 hour tale. Yes, it was INTENSE (no time for meds) but a vast relief to hearing my ticking bomb style biological clock. (You know it's bad when you're crying at seeing babies on tv.) I certainly wish I'd had more kids. I was obviously built to have more.
          sigpic

Comment

Sheesh, what is with this Quick Reply thing?!

Uh, hi everyone! Just stopping in to say hi. At least, that was the idea, at least until I saw this weird new format. (Going to take me a while to get used to it, naturally...)

Oh, and I finally bought the first season of Sanctuary! It should be arriving this coming Monday! Can't wait to watch it (finally) (Thank goodness the smilies are still the same...I hope... )

Man, this layout is strange. Apparently those tiny little dots by the usernames mean that said user is offline. I think. And then there's all the white! I've never seen so much white on a forum! And those weird speech bubbles for quotes. I miss the old GW... Don't mind me. I hate it when things change, especially things that I think didn't need to change.

Well, let's hope everything comes up normally! See everyone later.........

-----

EDIT

Great, it worked! Now let's try a pic from my now-rarely-used PB account...

-----

EDIT 2

Oh, good, that worked too. Looks like the basics are still the same. Whew
            sigpic
            ~the guitarists~

Comment

Josi, darn it I wish I could have seen the end of the episode of WW!

*huggles everybody*

I just came from helping with the kids club thing at my church and of course you guys are talking about kids. I love kids and want to have a bunch, but I don't want to do the whole 'get married, have kids, and die' crap. That scares me. I want to be me, and have kids...just ya know not the whole tied down for the rest of my life stuff.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Jumble and Nad fine clean me up...but I do expect a funeral after that

As for ...babies...I think I prefer my mom's stories...Dad got home...suddenly pregnant(it went that easy for her) and 9 months later baby comes out during day(I was the only one that my mom had to get up for in the middle of the night...but I was the quickest(one push))
                The only thing that scares me are misscarriages(sp?) (mom had two between my brother and me...therefore the age gap) ..I was an accident...
                All in all...first find a guy and then we'll see further...
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles woohoos*

I gave up catching up

I haven't spent enough time around here, meddling RL

*runs off nekkid to cheer herself up*
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*runz around nekkid* Wood morning Woohoos! *runz off to bed*

EDIT: Coopie isn't mad at us anymore!

Heeheehee
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      Josi, darn it I wish I could have seen the end of the episode of WW!

*huggles everybody*

I just came from helping with the kids club thing at my church and of course you guys are talking about kids. I love kids and want to have a bunch, but I don't want to do the whole 'get married, have kids, and die' crap. That scares me. I want to be me, and have kids...just ya know not the whole tied down for the rest of my life stuff.
                      Well you could always do it the other way........ you know, get married, have a kid, get divorced, struggle on your own for a couple of years, get married again, have another kid, get divorced, struggle on your own for a few more years, meet a 'nice' guy, live with him for a while, have another kid, get beaten to a pulp a few times, come to your senses and get rid of him, avoid men like the plague for fifteen years while you struggle to bring up three kids on your own............

Sound like a good idea?

Trust me, if you want children the best way is to wait for the right guy, settle down with him and have your family whilst still keeping your own identity and career. Being a mum doesn't stop you being yourself, it just adds another dimension to your life and enriches it. Marriage doesn't have to 'tie you down', that's a very old-fashioned way of thinking. Life should be an adventure, and having a partner to share it with more than doubles the enjoyment of it.

So I'm told

Comment

Of course, I did leave out the last part - hook up with the love of your life that you could have had fifteen years earlier had you not been so screwed up and damaged that you couldn't see the wood for the trees, get engaged and finally find out what true love is all about, only to have him get killed by a drunk driver seven months later.

Ooooh! Did that sound a bit harsh? Sorry Had a really bad night, awake until 5am then had one of those crazy dreams that play, rewind and replay several times So I'm feeling like a grumpy wet dishrag this morning

*hugs Amanda* You shouldn't be writing off the chance of happy-ever-after at such a young age. Life is what you make it

Some of us just make a bigger mess of it than others

Comment

*hugs everyone*(especially Jumble atm for all that stuff )

*sigh* Last exam: vague...I really hope I passed it..but I don't know in a hour next exam...got bad feeling...one side I know it other side...no idea what they're telling me

*falls out again*

Perhaps I should really hope that I blow up so I don't have to worry about this anymore
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                            Is it the labor you fear or the kids themselves? Don't despair. Should I bore you with with my longer (3.5 hour) labor and delivery story? No?

Love your new sigs too.
                            Both! I just... meh.
                            And thanks.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            *runz around nekkid* Wood morning Woohoos! *runz off to bed*

EDIT: Coopie isn't mad at us anymore!

Heeheehee
                            Yay! *hugs Coopie*

Of course, I did leave out the last part - hook up with the love of your life that you could have had fifteen years earlier had you not been so screwed up and damaged that you couldn't see the wood for the trees, get engaged and finally find out what true love is all about, only to have him get killed by a drunk driver seven months later.

Ooooh! Did that sound a bit harsh? Sorry Had a really bad night, awake until 5am then had one of those crazy dreams that play, rewind and replay several times So I'm feeling like a grumpy wet dishrag this morning
                            Not harsh. Life deserves a huge kick in the bum for that!
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                              *huggles everyone*

Okay, first day didn't go so bad... Except I have to do a speech on Friday. Blarg. And we had to do this thing where she pairs you up, you talk to the person, write down their favorite show and hobbies and things and share with the class...I got stuck with a guy but he was cool (and CUTE!) and we were laughing a lot so it wasn't too bad. I'm still at school because I don't have my license so I have to wait for my mom. I still have another hour to go.
                              Yay! You see, told you it woodn't be so bad . It's always better when you have to talk about someone else! Are you feeling a bit better about Friday though? Now that you've been introduced to the class/teacher etc...?

On another note, guess what's on right when I'm watching my dogs in the morning before I go off to School? The West Wing...I'll admit it's pretty good

(spoilered for TWW)
                              Spoiler:
                              A North Korean musician wants to to get out of NK, and Donna's aunt and uncle come to the WH and Josh sees them and Donna wants to know if they can get in to see the NK musician and Josh says that they can't because there are senators there but they're mostly republican...and then looks at her aunt/uncle "Oh...you're republicans" hehe That part had me cracking up and the beginning of the episode, the conversation with Josh and Donna was cute too...They are adorable together.
                              WW
                              Spoiler:
                              *SQUEEEEEEES* So glad you're enjoying it! That episode is lovely, a favourite of mine as well! You need to get down the dvd shop and get yourself the box set . I wish I was closer, I'd send you mine to watch . But I hear it's cheap on Amazon...

My mum (in one of her more loving moments) told me that her labour with me took about an hour, the shortest of her three kids. She's a nurse (I know, go figure ) and said that length of labour can often be hereditary so mine might not be too bad. Is that just wishful thinking, have you heard anything like that?

On that subject though, I used to say I wood never have kids. Ever since Dave and I began to get a bit more serious, moving in together etc... I've been slowly changing my mind and now I'm much more open to the idea. I think maybe two, although I'm pretty sure my mind will change one way or the other after I've had one !!

(((((((Squishy huggles Jumble)))))))

I agree with Nad, life certainly does owe you some

Comment

Ah, I see I'm too late to delete this morning's tirade

I appreciate the hugs, but my life is what it is and there's not really a lot I wood change, because if I did I woodn't be who I am today, and since I have so many lovely friends who think I'm ok I reckon I'll stick with what I've got And if I hadn't got involved with the bad guys, I woodn't have my children and my grandchildren, and there's no way in the world that I could ever regret having them

I can't even regret the last part, for that wood mean regretting Michael, and I could never do that.

That bad bits were very bad, but the good bits were AWESOME!

Aaaaaand......

In Six months and Nine days!!

*huggles everyone*

Comment

Working...
                                X