The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    *nods* it's always tricky meeting new people! I was sweating bullets when I met Josiane
    I imagine she was too

We're all a bunch of wooses

Lord alone knows how I'll cope at SE

Comment

you wont have to be shy at SE! Martin will see your lovely strawberry locks and know it's you at once! He shall stop whatever he is doing, and holller "Jumble! You're here! Finally!" and in slow motion, will run toward you and give you a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek (because he is a gentlemen, and woodn't dare kiss you upon your first meeting)

That's a good enough ice-breaker, right?
      sigpic

Comment

Erm...shy...yes well...last year I had to give at least one presentation a week on school so...you get used to it..still I'm "cautious"(sp?) when meeting new people. I don't immediately want to come across like a lunatic(I'll give everyone a few minutes to adapt) Still everyone knows I love to "mingle" with all sorts of people

Ask Wendy or B how shy I am when meeting "new" people...

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Good luck Jann. Will be rooting for you
        Thanks...it was a crazy exam, but I should have expected that from my crazy american teacher. I could have better only learned chapter 9 of my book and forget about the rest. I would have been creative enough to answer the one question that was about another chapter ...and my arm hurts from writing(4 A4 pages. ouch. )

EDIT: I see they still haven't fixed the 'go to first new post' action. Wonder when that'll come
        Well it works halfly...you have to go to the normal way of first unread post than on the top of the page, next to thread tools and all is also a "view first unread post" thingie...that will bring you to the accurate post on the page
        sigpic

Comment

you wont have to be shy at SE! Martin will see your lovely strawberry locks and know it's you at once! He shall stop whatever he is doing, and holller "Jumble! You're here! Finally!" and in slow motion, will run toward you and give you a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek (because he is a gentlemen, and woodn't dare kiss you upon your first meeting)

That's a good enough ice-breaker, right?
          Yeah, in my dreams

I'm still practising not dissolving into a puddle at his feet

Nah, it'll be fine, really it will............

Comment

haha - Jumble, you will be FINE!

(although I am concerned for myself when I meet RDA and Bubu in March)
            ...thunk death...it could happen

in other news : I HAVE A HOUSE!!! woohood!

Edit: I haven't posted this much in AGES!
            sigpic

Comment

Just remember to BREATHE!!!!

Brilliant! On your own or sharing?

*imagines Bekki tripping over gorgeous, lythe, dancy-type guys every morning....*

Comment

*huggles Jumble and Bekki* you two will be fine! I'm sure of it! And I'll be jealous ok?

Yay for having a house Bekki

*sees new delivery boys and disappears mysteriously*
                sigpic

Comment

Ugh. Yes, I'm awake at 6 a.m. Rotten Boykid couldn't just roll over and go back to sleep at 5:30, had to keep trying to be "sneaky" and wake everyone in the house. I told him if he wanted to be awake so bad, he could clean the living room. And he is.

*sigh* He's finally had enough. I hope I can get back to sleep.
                  Last edited by Luvnjoe; 20 January 2010, 04:16 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

aaw (((((luvnjack)))))

does that mean he'll go to bed nice and early too? Or just that he'll be a cranky pants come midday?

Jumble - I'm sharing the house with two graphic design students (hopefully I can learn some new gimping techniques!!! ) They're both girls
                    sigpic

Comment

Morning Afternoon WooHoos.

Anyone slightly hungover today?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      *runs in, hyperventilating*

Oh my goodness, an amazing thing has just happened! You remember back before Christmas I went through a Strictly Come Dancing phase and made a few wallpapers of Ali & Brian from this year's show? Well I found an SCD forum and an Ali/Brian thread and went and posted them there too, figuring I'd share the pretties Anyway, I was just lurking through that thread and discovered that one of the people on there had got a backstage pass at the SCD tour and met Ali and Brian tonight - she'd made lots of fanvids and sent them to them so they knew who she was. And apparently they know rather a lot about the activities on that thread because Ali asked this person to pass on a message to the person who had made the wallpapers (ie, me!) - apparently she loves them and her mum has printed them all out Wow! I just thought I'd share some pretties, not that they'd get seen and treasured by the people on them.

*faints*

Oh Awesome!!! *does happy dance* You do so deserve the recognition. They are beautiful.

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Amanda I absolutely hate those things where you have to get up and speak about yourself, because believe it or not, I'm really shy too Far better is when they pair you off with someone, give you time to chat, and then ask you to get up and introduce your partner and talk about them For some reason I always found that easier

I was really nervous about meeting Josiane, Sarai and Oma at the first shipmeet, and poor Cags looked like a scared rabbit when she arrived at the second one But it was all good after a couple of minutes

I was, really nervous. I don't know why because I've done this meeting up with internet found friends plenty of times before. Didn't take me long to work out you're all normal and not two headed axe murderers after all.

Yeah, in my dreams

I'm still practising not dissolving into a puddle at his feet

Nah, it'll be fine, really it will............
                      Yes, taking some advice from above posts, just imagine him in his underw.... ok maybe not.

Seriously though, get yourself some Bach's Rescue Remedy. A few drops on the tongue a few minutes before nervewracking event usually works. That or broccoli smoke.

Huh, Bekki the MQ gremlins ate your quote but, congrats on getting a house. Woohood!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      Ugh. Yes, I'm awake at 6 a.m. Rotten Boykid couldn't just roll over and go back to sleep at 5:30, had to keep trying to be "sneaky" and wake everyone in the house. I told him if he wanted to be awake so bad, he could clean the living room. And he is.
                      Nice one...um, not the waking up but the child labour - I have often promised myself I am sending Benjabubs up a chimney when he's about 3 to recoup the cost of having him. Joking, by the way - he may have put us in irretreivable debt but, hey, he's definitely worth it. Most of the time.
                      *huggles for the early start*

Feeling bleugh today myself. Think I have a UTI... great! Drinking copious amount of water right now to ward it off.

Oh I have to share this. Benjabubs is just playing with his cars and garage right now. He's just cried out "And Action!" and staged a car carnage event and is now asking me to "clap mummy". I swear that child is going to grow up to be something in the entertainment industry.

*huggles WooHoos*
                      sigpic

Comment

*huggles LJ and sings a lullaby to send her back to sleep*

I've just heard from Suz that she ended up at the hospital yesterday Her shoulder is infected, so she's on antibiotics and smarting from being told off for not going to the ER when it happened

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

*puts up hand*

I was, really nervous. I don't know why because I've done this meeting up with internet found friends plenty of times before. Didn't take me long to work out you're all normal and not two headed axe murderers after all.
                          I'm guessing meeting actual WooHoos for the first time wood scare most people

Yes, taking some advice from above posts, just imagine him in his underw.... ok maybe not.
                          See, that's what's causing the problem............

Seriously though, get yourself some Bach's Rescue Remedy. A few drops on the tongue a few minutes before nervewracking event usually works. That or broccoli smoke.
                          I'd probably need to swallow the whole bottle

Huh, Bekki the MQ gremlins ate your quote but, congrats on getting a house. Woohood!
                          They still haven't sorted out the reply problems Everytime I reply with quote I'm still having to delete everything I've already quoted today And it's still sending me to the top of the page so I have to scroll down *sigh* I guess they'll get it sorted eventually. At least the white is having a less destructive effect on my eyeballs

lol: Nice one...um, not the waking up but the child labour - I have often promised myself I am sending Benjabubs up a chimney when he's about 3 to recoup the cost of having him. Joking, by the way - he may have put us in irretreivable debt but, hey, he's definitely worth it. Most of the time.
                          *huggles for the early start*

Feeling bleugh today myself. Think I have a UTI... great! Drinking copious amount of water right now to ward it off.

Oh I have to share this. Benjabubs is just playing with his cars and garage right now. He's just cried out "And Action!" and staged a car carnage event and is now asking me to "clap mummy". I swear that child is going to grow up to be something in the entertainment industry.

*huggles WooHoos*
                          Sounds like a budding Director to me

Aaaaaaand it's snowing heavily again Severe weather warning for tonight

Comment

*hugs Suz* Sorry to hear that Jumble, hope she got seen to quickly and isn't in too much pain.

Woohood - congrats on your house Bekki !

*hugs Cags for feeling icky* Drink some cranberry juice!!!

Comment

*hugs Suz* Sorry to hear that Jumble, hope she got seen to quickly and isn't in too much pain.

Woohood - congrats on your house Bekki !

*hugs Cags for feeling icky* Drink some cranberry juice!!!
                              See, normally I'd be saying 'Silly girl, should've listened to me' but in fact when I saw the wound I didn't think it warranted a hospital visit, just keeping clean and covered. Mummy got it wrong They said it needed stitching but they can't do that now because of the infection

She said it's really painful, and she reckons after this, childbirth will be a breeze............. I didn't bother telling her she's got no idea

Comment

Wood Morning

*hugs* You'll be fine, like the girls said take deep breaths and tackle it one step at a time. You know if it comes to it, don't be afraid to let the teacher know you can be a little shy. They aren't monsters...or at least most of them aren't...Bree?

Good luck Jann. Will be rooting for you
                                I was an evil teacher mwahahaaa. Actually I always talked to my student before putting them on the spot. When I knew I was dealing with a shy one I would try to offer tips before having them speak in front of the class.

I imagine she was too

We're all a bunch of wooses

Lord alone knows how I'll cope at SE
                                Smelling salts Jumble! Lots of smelling salts.

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Thanks...it was a crazy exam, but I should have expected that from my crazy american teacher. I could have better only learned chapter 9 of my book and forget about the rest. I would have been creative enough to answer the one question that was about another chapter ...and my arm hurts from writing(4 A4 pages. ouch. )
                                Ahem! *taps foot and gives teacher glare to Jann*

Congrats on the house Bekki!

*Huggles LJ*

aaw (((((luvnjack)))))

does that mean he'll go to bed nice and early too? Or just that he'll be a cranky pants come midday?

Jumble - I'm sharing the house with two graphic design students (hopefully I can learn some new gimping techniques!!! They're both girls
                                Good

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

*huggles WooHoos*
                                *raises hand..yep hungover*

Drink cranberry juice. That works better .

Has he been watching Martin behind the scene vids?

*huggles LJ and sings a lullaby to send her back to sleep*

I've just heard from Suz that she ended up at the hospital yesterday Her shoulder is infected, so she's on antibiotics and smarting from being told off for not going to the ER when it happened
                                Oh no. Hope she's okay. See mum knows best.

See, normally I'd be saying 'Silly girl, should've listened to me' but in fact when I saw the wound I didn't think it warranted a hospital visit, just keeping clean and covered. Mummy got it wrong They said it needed stitching but they can't do that now because of the infection

She said it's really painful, and she reckons after this, childbirth will be a breeze............. I didn't bother telling her she's got no idea
                                Well, on second thought...

Oh yeah childbirth is super duper easy from what I hear. ROTFL

Gotta go to work now. Doing the late shift or what I like to call the "Babysitter" shift at the big wine shop today The kidlets can't be trusted to actually do their work without a manager present so I am the lucky one who was forced volunteered to do the Wednesday all day/night shifts. I'm a lucky girl.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X