But, anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARTIN!!!!

*huggles all woohoos and Martin, and woohoos some more*

xoxo
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      *dies*

You really didn't expect any other reaction from posting that pic did you ?!

Thanks though I think the first one will do quite nicely
      You mean you don't want to me to post any more pics? Oh, ok *drops shoulders, pouts out lower lip and ambles off to sulk*

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      I finally figured it out..I think.

I usually keep my pages open and then just refresh them but unless you close out of a page completely and then re-open that page it will keep anything you previously quoted. So now I close pages then re-open from control panel and it's been working.

More annoying and previously unnecessary steps but whatever.
      They're still tweaking the new layout, so hopefully that'll get fixed over the next week or two

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        Yes, and it's confusing the heck out of me. I don't get it

Why change it so drastically? I miss the old GW *pouts*

But, anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARTIN!!!!

*huggles all woohoos and Martin, and woohoos some more*

xoxo
        It's all been explained on the 'Ask the Mods' thread.......... but I'm not sure I understand it Suffice to say, it was necessary so get used to it

As long as they change white for something more easy on the eyes, and sort out the MQ thingy, I'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          It's all been explained on the 'Ask the Mods' thread.......... but I'm not sure I understand it Suffice to say, it was necessary so get used to it

As long as they change white for something more easy on the eyes, and sort out the MQ thingy, I'll be happy
          Yeah, the white background is painful!

I didn't know they were planning to change, and I don't dislike change, but it would've been nice to get a big message when I come on that says "HOWDY, WE'VE ALTERED YOUR FUN TIMES LAYOUT, PLEASE GO H.E.R.E"

sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Maaaaaaaaaaartin pictures Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Me luves them!

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            I finally figured it out..I think.

I usually keep my pages open and then just refresh them but unless you close out of a page completely and then re-open that page it will keep anything you previously quoted. So now I close pages then re-open from control panel and it's been working.

More annoying and previously unnecessary steps but whatever.
            Ah that explains it since I didn't have any issues with it...I'm normally such a doofuss that I when I want to go to another site I do it in the same window...I just have to click on my homepage button to go back to my control panel!

*sigh* So not in the mood to learn. It's way too early...learning should be done afer 9 pm till 3 am Not from 1 pm till 9 pm
            Plus the fact that I found my laptop under my blankets didn't help(always try to sit as far as possible from my computers when learning )

This pic is just cute!

EDIT: Btw for people who think the forum size too wide now...go to the left bottom corner and there is a thing that says "Gateworld VB4" and change it to "variable width" also handy if you want the black to go away and have the forum cover your entire page
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the white background is painful!

I didn't know they were planning to change, and I don't dislike change, but it would've been nice to get a big message when I come on that says "HOWDY, WE'VE ALTERED YOUR FUN TIMES LAYOUT, PLEASE GO H.E.R.E"

To be fair, there has been a lot of chat about the changes on other threads and I guess it wood have been a lot of work to put an announcement on all of them. But there was a message when you first logged in after the change so at least you knew you hadn't entered an AU

I don't like change, but I'm getting used to it

Comment

You mean you don't want to me to post any more pics? Oh, ok *drops shoulders, pouts out lower lip and ambles off to sulk*
                Don't stop!!!

*liberally sprinkles Martin pics *

Comment

You know the way to my heart don't you Sara?

*sigh*

in 6 months and 11! days

Comment

To be fair, there has been a lot of chat about the changes on other threads and I guess it wood have been a lot of work to put an announcement on all of them. But there was a message when you first logged in after the change so at least you knew you hadn't entered an AU

I don't like change, but I'm getting used to it
                    Actually, I didn't even know where to go to sign in. I knew it was GW, I just couldn't figure out where to go. And obviously, I haven't really had a lot of time to get used to it either or even understand it, so my reaction and need for that silly message was both a) out of frustration and b) out a need to be silly and funny instead
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huggles Wendy* Well, you're here now, and that's the important bit Are you ready to party????

sigpic

Comment

Did you mention party??

How did you know I had the itch to dance??

sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Actually, I didn't even know where to go to sign in. I knew it was GW, I just couldn't figure out where to go. And obviously, I haven't really had a lot of time to get used to it either or even understand it, so my reaction and need for that silly message was both a) out of frustration and b) out a need to be silly and funny instead
                          Oh, I know *huggles* It took me a while to figure it out, and then my reaction was 'I hate it!!' , at which point I stomped off upstairs to watch Sanctuary in the hope that it wood all be back to normal later on

We're not the only ones, the Mods were inundated with complaints and 'Please can you change it back?' requests There are still some bugs, but they're working on them, and it has been noted that the glaring white background is uncomfortable on the eyes, so I guess we'll just have to sip our champagne, munch on our cake and take deep, numbing puffs of broccoli until it's all sorted out

Comment

Oh, I know *huggles* It took me a while to figure it out, and then my reaction was 'I hate it!!' , at which point I stomped off upstairs to watch Sanctuary in the hope that it wood all be back to normal later on

We're not the only ones, the Mods were inundated with complaints and 'Please can you change it back?' requests There are still some bugs, but they're working on them, and it has been noted that the glaring white background is uncomfortable on the eyes, so I guess we'll just have to sip our champagne, munch on our cake and take deep, numbing puffs of broccoli until it's all sorted out

That sounds like a good plan. I have work soon, though, so I may have to take broccoli with me!
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

You know the way to my heart don't you Sara?

*squees* *bounces*

Dropping off another challenge entry but in honour of THE birthday !!

Was rummaging in my Martin folder and found that Jumble ^ just begging to be used but thank you anyway *hugs*!!

Comment

Actually...I *like* the new layout. The only issue I have with it that it isn't "one" with the general GW site*shrugs* but Darren etc. say that they will change the main site in the future too so that will become "one" again.

As for the color...I prefered the more distinct difference and think the forum is now even a bit too dark
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X