X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runz back in*

*drools over Andersons deserts*

*smiles and nods as Jumble gets my beverage choices just so right.*

Although, actually, I consiously deciced not to buy wine in the shopping this week (in deference to dieting) and now I need alcohol so I've had to break open the brandy. Kind of defeats the object.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Lee and Joel are here for the night and I've just caught them up with Sanctuary. Watched Haunted and Sleepers

Spoilers
    Spoiler:
    When I saw people commenting on Haunted, all they seemed to say was 'Oh the angst! Helen and John, angst angst angst!

So when I saw it, I seriously thought I was watching a different ep, because what I was seeing was the humour/interaction between Henry/Will and BF/Kate! Seriously, I laughed more than anything else I mean, I saw what was happening with John/Helen, obviously, but it wasn't what stood out for me.

But yes, I saw the angst and I saw how well it was done, especially second time around. CH's acting was perfect, devious and evil switching to serene and regretful, then back to evil. Utterly convincing.

Totally irrelevant observations - Helen's make-up was seriously overdone I thought

- They really need to get some input from a medical expert, because there are glaring errors in several eps that I find just a little annoying.

Sleepers made more sense after Haunted. JY never ceases to shine

L & J saw the same as me, so I guess it's a family trait to look first for the humour

Haunted

Spoiler:

yes, you know I saw that too. I loved all the interactions between the pairings here. I loved the way they put Kate with Biggie and Will with Henry so they were not immediately in their own comfort zone , IYKWIM. The drama and humour it generated was superb and the perfect antidote to the extreme angst that was going on between John and Helen. Just wonderful!
    I'm not quite there in the shipping Helen / John thing at all but, gosh isn't that an angsty ship! I love it. In fact it's very much how I felt abotu Sam/Jack at the start (but angstier) in that I love the play of that relationship but, actually, I'll be happy if we never get the happy ending/resolution.
    A few moments before John does what he has to do, I knew he was going to. I was sat here on the sofa going "Nooo!" while Charles gave me the oddest looks and telling me to calm the heck down, it's just a TV programme. After 9 years of X Files and 10 of SG-1 you'd think he'd spot the signs by now.
    The whole episode just had me jaw to the floor stunned by just how good everything (angst, humour etc.) was. Yes, sure, demon in the machine is a tired old sci fi cliche but, heck, who cares when it's done so well. I think possibly, Haunted is the one that I'll look back on and say this was when I became more than just a fan and turned into a complete obsessive. You know - that point where you come away wanting to read fanfic and make fanart and you really want to read spoilers but you know you shouldn't. Yep, I'm there now.

And I agree anout AT's eye make up too.

Ahem, and I shall stop shamelessly fanguling Sanctuary now.

Anyway...

PARTAY!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

And have you seen this? They're revamping the site again

Can I say that I'm not a fan of that? Not about the whole sidebar thingy either...

Oh well. I'll get used to it.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Can I say that I'm not a fan of that? Not about the whole sidebar thingy either...

I'm not a fan of that either...

And did you read my mind? I was just thinking "Where's Nad when I'm thunking making Tesla icons?"

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          I'm not a fan of that either...

And did you read my mind? I was just thinking "Where's Nad when I'm thunking making Tesla icons?"
          It's Tesla Radar. *nods*

But, um... Those Tesla icons surely will find their way over to this hread under the caller ''PTB Products'', right?
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

It's Tesla Radar. *nods*

But, um... Those Tesla icons surely will find their way over to this hread under the caller ''PTB Products'', right?
            They shall.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              *runz back in*

*drools over Andersons deserts*

*smiles and nods as Jumble gets my beverage choices just so right.*

Although, actually, I consiously deciced not to buy wine in the shopping this week (in deference to dieting) and now I need alcohol so I've had to break open the brandy. Kind of defeats the object.
              Wood it shock you to learn that I haven't had a drink since 1st Jan? And don't intend to?

Well I might break the drought on Tuesday, seeing as it's a really special occasion

Haunted

Spoiler:

yes, you know I saw that too. I loved all the interactions between the pairings here. I loved the way they put Kate with Biggie and Will with Henry so they were not immediately in their own comfort zone , IYKWIM. The drama and humour it generated was superb and the perfect antidote to the extreme angst that was going on between John and Helen. Just wonderful!
              I'm not quite there in the shipping Helen / John thing at all but, gosh isn't that an angsty ship! I love it. In fact it's very much how I felt abotu Sam/Jack at the start (but angstier) in that I love the play of that relationship but, actually, I'll be happy if we never get the happy ending/resolution.
              A few moments before John does what he has to do, I knew he was going to. I was sat here on the sofa going "Nooo!" while Charles gave me the oddest looks and telling me to calm the heck down, it's just a TV programme. After 9 years of X Files and 10 of SG-1 you'd think he'd spot the signs by now.
              The whole episode just had me jaw to the floor stunned by just how good everything (angst, humour etc.) was. Yes, sure, demon in the machine is a tired old sci fi cliche but, heck, who cares when it's done so well. I think possibly, Haunted is the one that I'll look back on and say this was when I became more than just a fan and turned into a complete obsessive. You know - that point where you come away wanting to read fanfic and make fanart and you really want to read spoilers but you know you shouldn't. Yep, I'm there now.

And I agree anout AT's eye make up too.

Dare I admit it? I'm really not that much of a shipper at heart I care about characters individually and in how they relate to each other, and if a couple of them pairing off fits with the story, fine. But I see much more in the show that matters more to me, so I guess 'romantic' angst doesn't get to me that much

Of course, if they start to ship Henry which anyone in an angsty situation I just might care a bit more

Me neither But I guess that's just me being comfortable and not wanting change

Comment

It's Tesla Radar. *nods*

I have to say....

Sleepers
                Spoiler:
                I thought JY was right on form I adore his wit, and I felt he did the 'oh I hope you're all happy now! I'm ordinary!' tantrum really well. I wanted to reach out and hug him

Comment

I have to say....

Sleepers
                  Spoiler:
                  I thought JY was right on form I adore his wit, and I felt he did the 'oh I hope you're all happy now! I'm ordinary!' tantrum really well. I wanted to reach out and hug him
                  I just had the same thought whilst looking at caps!

I must be in tune with this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    They shall.

Awwwsummm!

Dare I admit it? I'm really not that much of a shipper at heart I care about characters individually and in how they relate to each other, and if a couple of them pairing off fits with the story, fine. But I see much more in the show that matters more to me, so I guess 'romantic' angst doesn't get to me that much

Of course, if they start to ship Henry which anyone in an angsty situation I just might care a bit more
                    I am a shipper at heart, next to caring at individual characters, but I'm not a fan of romantic angst on this show... There's so much going on that I don't really want to see any heavy love sories. Sure I ship Helen and Niko, but that's more for the fun and snark of it. Even if that were to be on screen, I woodn't want it to be all... over the place. I think
                    I love ship as a background story, but not in my face on this one.

I think S/J in particular has made me stop making ship huge.

Me neither But I guess that's just me being comfortable and not wanting change
                    *nods*
                    Change is evil!

I have to say....

Sleepers
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes.
                    Spoiler:
                    JY has amazing timing, for comedy, but for the heavier stuff as well. He brings theater to the screen in a way that works.
                    And he's cute. Fun to work with according to the PTB...

I love him.

...I love Martin too.
                    I wonder what he wood think if he was to realise that his Birthday is being celebrated so... profoundly.
                    There's discussion, even!
                    *hides under the bus*

sigpic

Comment

Wood it shock you to learn that I haven't had a drink since 1st Jan? And don't intend to?

Go you!

I only wish it were that easy. I have a cocktail cabinet full for the evil stuff just dying to be drunk.
                      But, diet and all. I'll have a little drinkie for the weekend and then no more for a long long time. I;ve done it before so I know I can do it again.

Well I might break the drought on Tuesday, seeing as it's a really special occasion
                      I'll be shocked if you don't.

There better be cake too.

Dare I admit it? I'm really not that much of a shipper at heart I care about characters individually and in how they relate to each other, and if a couple of them pairing off fits with the story, fine. But I see much more in the show that matters more to me, so I guess 'romantic' angst doesn't get to me that much [/SIZE]

No that's fine. I wish I were more like that but, alas, for me, shipping is a huge part of my fan life. I try really hard not to but I can't help myself. I'd ship for two motes of dust if they looked remotely interested in each other.

I don't mind the sidebar thing. I use that layout on other forums so I'm used to it. It does become problematic if there's a lot of info in the sidebar and it's a very short post. Lots of blank space. I guess we'll all get used to it here.

EDIT because I pressed sumbit too soon

Sleepers
                      Spoiler:

I loved that episode. I do love Tesla ones. JY is indeed pretty awesom in that role. I hope we see more of him in S3.

EDIT #2: 69 Post!

*throws around cake and beverages.*
                      sigpic

Comment

Awwwsummm!
                        I am a shipper at heart, next to caring at individual characters, but I'm not a fan of romantic angst on this show... There's so much going on that I don't really want to see any heavy love sories. Sure I ship Helen and Niko, but that's more for the fun and snark of it. Even if that were to be on screen, I woodn't want it to be all... over the place. I think
                        I love ship as a background story, but not in my face on this one.

I think S/J in particular has made me stop making ship huge.
                        Ah, you've hit the nail on the head there Nad Sanctuary is, IMO, far too good and too interesting to clutter it up with romance as in any way a main storyline. We have several storylines running through, and there's still a lot of backstory we haven't been told, as well as new lines cropping up all the time. That's enough to keep my befuzzled little brain busy without worrying about ship

Apart from anything else, we're still right at the beginning of what promises to be a long run, so no, no shipping for me

*nods*
                        Change is evil!
                        It is

Yes.
                        Spoiler:
                        JY has amazing timing, for comedy, but for the heavier stuff as well. He brings theater to the screen in a way that works.
                        And he's cute. Fun to work with according to the PTB...
                        Spoiler:
                        Getting really good at hitting those nails, huh? Just what I was thinking earlier

I love him.

...I love Martin too.
                        I wonder what he wood think if he was to realise that his Birthday is being celebrated so... profoundly.
                        There's discussion, even!
                        *hides under the bus*
                        I don't know. I'm nervous enough that he'll see our artwork and vids. Lord alone knows what he'd make of us if he ever came to GW

Discussion? We have to do something about that...........

Comment

I think shipping should be fun Cags, if it's not, then why bother?

Comment

Thank you. Gosh the new 69 banners are so so pretty.

I love your colourful artwork Jumble. It's always appealed to me.

Hmm, what wood we do if Martin stopped by?

Pass out?

Squee?

Offer him a lighted broccoli floret?

Nekkid dance around him?

Huggle him?

Invite him to bounce on the sofa?

All of the above.

If it happens... heaven knows!

Jumble, when you said it was at the airport, did you mean this side of the Atlantic or the other side? (*is also slightly nervous about the pants video*)
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, I ship on Sanctuary. *points at Jas* It's her fault!

But really to be perfectly honest, SGA killed me and I just can't get into TV shows like I used to. The only show I really trust in terms of not killing off characters at random is Bones. But with SGU/Sanctuary I just can't get emotionally invested and really connected with the characters as much as I did when I was naive with SG1. (Sure, I can with Helen because it would be like killing off Macgyver on his own show.) And to be more honest as much as I love our PTB, I don't trust them all that much. I trust them that they're give us good characters, great storylines, awesome graphics, but not so much in the 'keeping the characters alive' department.

OT personal
                              Spoiler:
                              Erg. I was having a great day today, the sun is out and it's a little bit warmer out and I had a nice time going with my parents to get the car washed.

But we came home...mom and dad started yelling (screaming match on my mom's part my dad almost never yells back), mom's ticked, dad's ticked.

And now they're back to screaming at each other again. I hate when they do that.

Comment

I forgot to WooHoo over the '69es!

Congrats on the Double 69, jumble!!
                                Ayeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Congrats on the single '69, Cags!

Ah, you've hit the nail on the head there Nad Sanctuary is, IMO, far too good and too interesting to clutter it up with romance as in any way a main storyline. We have several storylines running through, and there's still a lot of backstory we haven't been told, as well as new lines cropping up all the time. That's enough to keep my befuzzled little brain busy without worrying about ship

Apart from anything else, we're still right at the beginning of what promises to be a long run, so no, no shipping for me
                                *nods* Yes. *nods*
                                Darn Sanctuary for being awesome. Apart from obsessing ove Ship and enjoying everything else, I am now obsessing over anything else and ''liking'' the ship! Darn you Martin, Amanda and Damian! Darn!

Spoiler:
                                Getting really good at hitting those nails, huh? Just what I was thinking earlier

I don't know. I'm nervous enough that he'll see our artwork and vids. Lord alone knows what he'd make of us if he ever came to GW

Discussion? We have to do something about that...........
                                Haha!

And me too. He will get to see it, touch it and have evidence of our existance...

If he was to come to GW I wood grin like silly for at least a week after.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X