Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sneaks in while no-one is looking and drops hot potato*

Comment

Have I told you Woohoos lately how much I appreciate you? (((Woohoos)))
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        (((((((LJ))))))) We love you too

*burns fingers and eyes on Jumble's new sig*
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You have, but there's no harm in saying it again

*huggles LJ*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            Woohood ! Just come back from one of Dave's mates' who was keeping the last of our stuff safe for us so we've finally got everything!! Officially moved in !!

Although on a sadder note...

Spoiler:
            One of our fish died whilst at their house. He was called Tigger and was about 5 years old so had a good innings. Still, that fish had been through a lot!! When we bought him we bought two others as well along with all the fish paraphernalia. In a moment of true Daveness my fella placed the fish in their new tank on the bonnet of his car !! It was one of those slow motion moments as he turned around and I shouted a lot and kind of fell forward as the tank slid off the bonnet and smashed all over the road!! The poor fish were flapping about all over the road, we managed to save them but it was too late all except for one - Tigger! He survived that and at least 5 moves throughout our student years only to cop it today . Tis a truly sad state of affairs. We gave him a good send off down the porcelain express though.

Do we think a good excuse to open a bottle of vino and toast his name?

Aw, congratulations on your new home but *huggles* for poor old, brave, stubborn, well travelled Tigger. May his final journey on the porcelain express lead him to the Rainbow bridge, at the egde of the Pearly Gates where he will splash - lively and whole once again - waiting for the day you shall meet again.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Speaking of Artwork, I was wondering how hard it wood be to have our own little Martinart Awards on here at some point? Might be something to think about when we finally get a gap in all these celebrations

We have a few coming up.......

The Birthday -16th to 19th January
            Valentines - around the 14th February I guess
            S.H.I.P. Birthday - 1st April

Have I missed any?
            Maybe we can combine the MartinArt (and other PTB art of course) awards with Woohoodstock or The Birthday or Martinmas so the voting takes place across those dates and the final awards are made on the last day.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Hm nope... Only later in the year.

WooHoodStock -15th to 17th August. (If we have decided to make it annual, that is )
            Martinmas - end of he year

We have so much going on!
            Annual. I thought that was a given.

*huggles Josi for poorly ankle* Ouchy!

Hmm, back in the day, when Charles did a lot of amateur photography, he used to take everything on slide film. Sadly, slides are not so easy to get out and leaf through like prints are but a friend he works with has given him an old slide scanner so we can convert them to digital format. So he comes home with it tonight and I set about trying to figure it out / load drivers etc. Well colour me surprised but the driver actually works in Vista. It needs taking apart and cleaning but to test it out I scanned in some old slides I found under the bed and I just kind of have to share these two with you from when I was... gosh, pre getting married but post poodle perm (just) so I reckon about 21:

Spoiler:

Please note, Charles actually had hair there, and what he did have wasn't grey. After we got married... not so much.

Charlie Dimmock eat your heart out!

Honestly, what posessed me to think I could walk around with no bra on, much less do gardening?

I think I'll be burning those slides later

I bet he could have made me look good though.
            sigpic

Comment

Leeds Shipmeet - 9th - 11th April (I think )
              Cornwall Shipmeet - sometime in the summer because Oma has promised us sunshine and a beach party........ didn't she?
              SE - 28th July to 3rd August (for Sarai and me at any rate ) Uh, the dates we're away I mean
              That sounds awesome! *sigh* If only I could go to that Leeds Shipmeet too*pouts*
              *checks her year schedule*
              You know...it's at the end of a free week for me...(week after my exams) Hmmm...now should I start a Charity "get Jann to Leeds"

Edit: Jann, are you calling me self-centred and egotistical?
              No. No. That wasn't what I meant at all! I just said I felt like that because there are so many other great artworks out there...

I'm just weird like that *shrugs* Perhaps I should let someone unscramble my brain...or actually buy a brain...

Beautiful! I love this new style of yours!

*huggles LJ* We love you too!
              sigpic

Comment

Backatcha! (((LJ)))

Congrats on your 69 post.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  That sounds awesome! *sigh* If only I could go to that Leeds Shipmeet too*pouts*
                  You know...it's at the end of a free week for me...(week after my exams) Hmmm...now should I start a Charity "get Jann to Leeds"
                  Come come come come!!! You don't even need to get yourself all the way to Leeds - me, Jumble and Oma are all driving up together, so just get yourself over to the London area and we can figure it out from there
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

No. No. That wasn't what I meant at all! I just said I felt like that because there are so many other great artworks out there...

I'm just weird like that *shrugs* Perhaps I should let someone unscramble my brain...or actually buy a brain...
                    I don't feel great about all my artwork, just every now and then something pops out that makes me go "Wow! That's actually good!", so I tend to hang onto it

Beautiful! I love this new style of yours!
                    Thanks See, there's a style that I like, so I'm PSing it to death

*huggles LJ* We love you too!
                    *joins in group huggle*

Cags when you said you found them under the bed I was expecting something more interesting than gardening

Tbh, you don't look like you've changed much since then

Hmmm..... WooHoo Artwork Awards wood obviously include all TPTB...... I was sort of thinking we could do it on a separate thread, thereby keeping it all together and posting the winners there too But yes, we could certainly do it at the same time as WooHoodStock. I don't think we can organize it in time for The Birthday, so WooHoodStock wood be my choice. We could broaden it to include Shippy Hippy Artwork as well, maybe?

Comment

*runs into the thread... nekkid*

I love everyone!! (((big hugs and kisses)))

*runs out of the thread... nekkid*

Comment

Cags when you said you found them under the bed I was expecting something more interesting than gardening
                        Oh no no, what kind of girl do you think I am? I woodn't have those kind of slides...

...those are all polaroids.

Tbh, you don't look like you've changed much since then
                        Sadly, I am greyer, fatter and saggier these days.

Hmmm..... WooHoo Artwork Awards wood obviously include all TPTB...... I was sort of thinking we could do it on a separate thread, thereby keeping it all together and posting the winners there too But yes, we could certainly do it at the same time as WooHoodStock. I don't think we can organize it in time for The Birthday, so WooHoodStock wood be my choice. We could broaden it to include Shippy Hippy Artwork as well, maybe?
                        Yeah, I don't see why Shippy hippy can't be included. It make sense. We could have a video section too (for those of us who really can't PS that well) which will have some very interesting entries.

*grabs Tanie and drags into the group huggles*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Hmm, back in the day, when Charles did a lot of amateur photography, he used to take everything on slide film. Sadly, slides are not so easy to get out and leaf through like prints are but a friend he works with has given him an old slide scanner so we can convert them to digital format. So he comes home with it tonight and I set about trying to figure it out / load drivers etc. Well colour me surprised but the driver actually works in Vista. It needs taking apart and cleaning but to test it out I scanned in some old slides I found under the bed and I just kind of have to share these two with you from when I was... gosh, pre getting married but post poodle perm (just) so I reckon about 21:

Spoiler:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...gardening1.jpg

Please note, Charles actually had hair there, and what he did have wasn't grey. After we got married... not so much.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...gardening2.jpg

Charlie Dimmock eat your heart out!

Honestly, what posessed me to think I could walk around with no bra on, much less do gardening?

I think I'll be burning those slides later

ttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Majikthize/Stargate%20Stuff/MW/Continuumbts34cut.jpg

I bet he could have made me look good though.
                          Aww...don't think too bad of yourself Cags. You look lovely there, and you know I didn't even notice you didn't had a bra on...till you said so!

Plus...burning doesn't help anymore now...since you already posted them here

Oh and is it bad that I read "amateur photography"(the second word) as another word

*hits self for bad and gutter mind* Yeez.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          Come come come come!!! You don't even need to get yourself all the way to Leeds - me, Jumble and Oma are all driving up together, so just get yourself over to the London area and we can figure it out from there
                          *blinks*

*looks at empty bank account*

*goes on street and pulls Nad with her*

We'll sing Woohoo songs and dance...happy nekkid to raise money for our trip ok?
                          If we raise enough we'll come! Or do I have to get that plan of Nad being in my bag or pet out again?

I don't feel great about all my artwork, just every now and then something pops out that makes me go "Wow! That's actually good!", so I tend to hang onto it
                          Yes well...I have that too....hanging on for two years on it now

As for awards...I'm bad at organizing so I let other people do that ok? *nods at everyone's ideas*
                          sigpic

Comment

You know lol, I'm the same for that...never use my own work...I even feel self centric and egoistic if I want to do that

I love other people's artworks!
                            Oh, I use my own work... I am in love with some sigs
                            Just not the wp's.

Oh I think we should! It may not be as big as the 40th, but 'tis our duty to celebrate it

One day inspiration will strike and you'll make one that you adore, trust me
                            *nods*

Yeah... I'll keep on trying.

Hot!
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh and is it bad that I read "amateur photography"(the second word) as another word
                              Well yes, that'n all.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Oh, I use my own work... I am in love with some sigs
                              Just not the wp's.

*nods*

Yeah... I'll keep on trying.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...helenniko3.jpg

Hot!

Oh I think that's gorgeous. You should definitely do more.
                              sigpic

Comment

Cags! Pics! yay!

((((LJ))))

...Do we have enough people to make it a competition? Enough stuff for a seperate thread? Enough categories? Can we have a Martin's products one?

...Isn't competition bad?

Nice idea.

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
                                *runs into the thread... nekkid*

I love everyone!! (((big hugs and kisses)))

*runs out of the thread... nekkid*
                                ((((Tanie))))

*blinks*

*looks at empty bank account*

*goes on street and pulls Nad with her*

We'll sing Woohoo songs and dance...happy nekkid to raise money for our trip ok?
                                If we raise enough we'll come! Or do I have to get that plan of Nad being in my bag or pet out again?
                                *sings*
                                I cannot breathe in that bag
                                Last edited by DutchIndeed; 13 January 2010, 02:21 PM. Reason: I want T with that.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X