The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Everytime they mention Vancouver in items about the olympics, I happy sigh.
    Me too!!! *feels not alone*

Originally posted by yessika View Post
    *runs through thread nekkid*

I wasn't paying attention and I posted my 69 post on the shipper thread *gibbs-slaps self*

*feels like a bad whoohoo*

I do that all the time. We can sit in the naughty corner together

Congrats on the 69 post Yessika

Comment

Ugh! Really awful day yesterday

Got stuck in the snow on the way to nursery and by the time I got there I felt the first warning signs of a migraine. So I grabbed my two yr 1 kids so I woodn't have to try to get back to the school at 3pm, managed to get back home safely and then collapsed into a gibbering heap At their worst, migraines cause me to lose most of my sight and scramble my brain to the point where I can't speak coherently and can't make sense of anything anyone says to me. It's like they're speaking some weird alien language. Fortunately, Joanna has seen this happen before and upon hearing me mutter 'Miggle', she informed the other three 'Jumble has a migglebrain, so we have to be very good for her!' She got them all sat down with their packed lunches (thank heavens they'd all brought there own!), cleared the mess away afterwards and then persuaded them to watch dvds all afternoon

See how training them from an early age pays off?

I'm feeling much better this morning, just feels like a major hangover. Which is so unfair considering I haven't had a drink since 1st Jan

Last night we had yet another snowfall, but I really have to go out today if Martin's ever to get his birthday package

Oh, forgot to post this one the other day....

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Ugh! Really awful day yesterday

Got stuck in the snow on the way to nursery and by the time I got there I felt the first warning signs of a migraine. So I grabbed my two yr 1 kids so I woodn't have to try to get back to the school at 3pm, managed to get back home safely and then collapsed into a gibbering heap At their worst, migraines cause me to lose most of my sight and scramble my brain to the point where I can't speak coherently and can't make sense of anything anyone says to me. It's like they're speaking some weird alien language. Fortunately, Joanna has seen this happen before and upon hearing me mutter 'Miggle', she informed the other three 'Jumble has a migglebrain, so we have to be very good for her!' She got them all sat down with their packed lunches (thank heavens they'd all brought there own!), cleared the mess away afterwards and then persuaded them to watch dvds all afternoon

See how training them from an early age pays off?

I'm feeling much better this morning, just feels like a major hangover. Which is so unfair considering I haven't had a drink since 1st Jan

Last night we had yet another snowfall, but I really have to go out today if Martin's ever to get his birthday package

Oh, forgot to post this one the other day....

[]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/Sigs/Warming-up-the-Arctic-99.jpg[/]
        Sorry to hear that Jumble. I'm very lucky not to suffer from migraines but Dave has the most awful ones so I've seen a little of what it's like *squishy huggles Jumble*. Well done for little Joanna though, what a good kid!!

More snow today I see although the possibility of warming up over the weekend. *Phew* will it never end?!!!

Comment

(((((Jumble))))) That sucks
          sigpic

Comment

((((Jumble)))) That sucks! Luckily Joanna knew what was happening Lovely signature btw!
            sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jumble for migraine*

*huggles Jumble's littlies for being so good and amazing*
              It's ok, I'm enhanced CRB checked so our PC government lets me virtually huggle little ones.

Gorgeous sig!

*huggle Sarai for housemoving* Hope you're starting to settle in.

*huggles Jann for work woes.* Did you sorrt out what to do about the website regarding telling your tutor?

We had more snow here overnight/morning too. About 3 inches so probably thicker than the first fall actually. It's getting quite boring now.
              On the other hand Cuko the snowman is doing well. He's got a nice soft fluffy coat of snow on him now and a kind of afro hairstyle. Looks sort of cool (or would if he's not lost his eyes and nose a couple of days ago ).

Hmm, we haven't had much of this the last day or two so...

Mostly gratefully snurched from Jumble of course. What makes you think I have a thing about his hands then?

Oh and because it's Wednesday...

I like his hands too...

... among other things.
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs jumble for stupid migraine*

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                Nad and LJ - You are going to show us your results. Right? Please?

I think I've stopped trying to do wallpapers. There's just so much space to fill and the caps have to be really good quality or everything looks awful.

*finds a comfy spot in the corner away from Nad's jumping couch and sits down to wait for the pretties*
                *nods* It's a Martin's products theme (Helen/Niko ) so sure, I'll share here...
                I think.

And yeah, I dislike wallies. I can fill the space ok and I want my pics a bit fuzzy, so it's fine... But it's still huge. It's like it's staring back at me wondering whether or not to jump out and eat me.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                *runs through thread nekkid*

I wasn't paying attention and I posted my 69 post on the shipper thread *gibbs-slaps self*

*feels like a bad whoohoo*
                Congrats!
                And don't feel bad. I sometimes fail to notice mine...

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Me too!!! *feels not alone*
                Yay! We're a club!
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

WOOHOOOOOOD!!!!
                  THE PACKAGE IS ON IT'S WAY
                  AT LAST

Jeez, I hope he appreciates my efforts Slippy slidey all over the flippin' road again, and I've dumped the car on the road because I can't get it onto the driveway and there is NO WAY IN NETU I'm getting that shovel out again

I'm hearing that this should be the last day of it, so hopefully it will all be melted away by the morning, although I won't hold my breath

Sorry to hear that Jumble. I'm very lucky not to suffer from migraines but Dave has the most awful ones so I've seen a little of what it's like *squishy huggles Jumble*. Well done for little Joanna though, what a good kid!!

More snow today I see although the possibility of warming up over the weekend. *Phew* will it never end?!!!
                  Does he have the same problem with speech and understanding? What's it like from the outsider point of view? Because for me it feels like I've landed on another planet where everyone looks familiar but I'm not really sure who they are, can't understand what they're saying and can't understand what I'm saying either
                  I form the words in my head, but somewhere between my brain and my mouth it sounds like it's got completely jumbled and people stare at me as if I'm the one from outer space Bit like stepping through the gate and being reassembled incorrectly the other end.
                  *hugs jumble for stupid migraine*

*nods* It's a Martin's products theme (Helen/Niko ) so sure, I'll share here...
                  I think.

And yeah, I dislike wallies. I can fill the space ok and I want my pics a bit fuzzy, so it's fine... But it's still huge. It's like it's staring back at me wondering whether or not to jump out and eat me.
                  See, I feel the opposite way - I have to restrain myself from putting too much in. Whereas icons terrified me because there's no room at all

The thing to remember about wps is that you don't have to fill it all, less is more

*waves to Jann, Cags and Jasmina *

Comment

Does he have the same problem with speech and understanding? What's it like from the outsider point of view? Because for me it feels like I've landed on another planet where everyone looks familiar but I'm not really sure who they are, can't understand what they're saying and can't understand what I'm saying either
                    I form the words in my head, but somewhere between my brain and my mouth it sounds like it's got completely jumbled and people stare at me as if I'm the one from outer space Bit like stepping through the gate and being reassembled incorrectly the other end.
                    Dave's regular symptoms are prolonged nausea then vomiting and massive sensitivity to light. Once in a while he'll have a really bad one where he basically goes blind. He describes it light flashes of light in his eyes. First time I ever saw one of the really bad ones it scared the **** out of me because he was looking at me but not seeing me at all. He's never had a problem with speech but does struggle to understand what I'm saying to him and takes ages to answer if I ask him a question. He can never remember a lot but did say that he knew who I was and had no idea how long it was taking to answer me, if you see what I mean.

It is quite scary for the 'outsider' especially if the symptoms are as severe as yours. Have you ever been to the docs about it? See if there's anything they can give you?

Comment

Dave's regular symptoms are prolonged nausea then vomiting and massive sensitivity to light. Once in a while he'll have a really bad one where he basically goes blind. He describes it light flashes of light in his eyes. First time I ever saw one of the really bad ones it scared the **** out of me because he was looking at me but not seeing me at all. He's never had a problem with speech but does struggle to understand what I'm saying to him and takes ages to answer if I ask him a question. He can never remember a lot but did say that he knew who I was and had no idea how long it was taking to answer me, if you see what I mean.

It is quite scary for the 'outsider' especially if the symptoms are as severe as yours. Have you ever been to the docs about it? See if there's anything they can give you?
                      Sounds like his are pretty bad too

My early warning is when I see a watery line across my vision in one eye. It's the kind of thing you can't miss having seen it once, so in that respect I'm lucky. I immediately take two Migraleve (keep some with me always) which usually stop it from turning into a full-blown skull-shattering migraine with the nausea and vomiting that I used to suffer years ago before I discovered the right drug, but the vision and speech are always affected to some degree, and I sometimes go numb down my left side, much like with a stroke. Yesterday's was the worst I've had in a very long time. Does Dave get a warning, and does he have some meds that help?

My first experience of migraine was way back in 1973, a few months after I got married (see, I knew that was a mistake ) and I had no idea what was happening to me. I clearly remember lying in bed for hours having a major stress because the Elton John song Crocodile Rock was going round in my head and I couldn't remember what a crocodile was. At the time it seemed like life or death that I had to remember, and I couldn't

What causes migraine is a sudden increase in the fluid surrounding the brain putting pressure on it, which causes it to malfunction and send little power surges along the paths, hence the flashing lights and confusion. I feel very sorry for anyone that suffers from them. It's no fun

Even now, nearly 24 hours later, I'm having to backspace to correct mistakes because my fingers are not quite getting the right messages, and I still feel fuzzy.

Comment

Looks like we've finally got the answer

My first reaction was: “Oh, Fondy’s home.” And then my second reaction was: “Fondy doesn’t live here anymore.”
                        *hugs Joe*

Just noticed these hanging outside the conservatory window

Over a metre long

Comment

The migraine stories sound really icky!
                          I can only imagine how scary that must be...

WOOHOOOOOOD!!!!
                          THE PACKAGE IS ON IT'S WAY
                          AT LAST

Jeez, I hope he appreciates my efforts Slippy slidey all over the flippin' road again, and I've dumped the car on the road because I can't get it onto the driveway and there is NO WAY IN NETU I'm getting that shovel out again

WooooHooood!!!
                          *high fives*

The thing to remember about wps is that you don't have to fill it all, less is more
                          I dislike icons too.
                          And yeah...

Here's a preview:

(Yes, it's supposed to be vague and fuzzy )
                          Meh. I think I shall sit on it for a little while and the try something with bright flashy coulours to scare me even more. I do suddenly love my sigs, though.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

The migraine stories sound really icky!
                            I can only imagine how scary that must be...

WooooHooood!!!
                            *high fives*

Although I'm not sure it will get there before The Birthday because there have been delays with the post being collected because of the snow

I dislike icons too.
                            And yeah...

Here's a preview:

<snip>

(Yes, it's supposed to be vague and fuzzy )
                            Meh. I think I shall sit on it for a little while and the try something with bright flashy coulours to scare me even more. I do suddenly love my sigs, though.
                            There's absolutely nothing wrong with it! Amazing wp for your first effort, well done *hugs Nad*

Considering how short a time you've been working with Gimp, you're waaaaaay ahead of what I was doing back then

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              *huggles Jann for work woes.* Did you sorrt out what to do about the website regarding telling your tutor?
                              Well...I kept it simple and in an email that was a reply to hers I just said that I made the website and thought I fixed the error in it...(I kept it subtle; my teacher is very good at that). Plus it helps that she already hates people who don't show up in her classes(and thus she dislikes my designers a lot and doesn't trust them)

Overall, I kept honest. For example I had to gather the individual evaluations of the group, including the marks they gave everyone and I nearly wanted to kill the evaluation of the Scotland dude(I will call him that from now on), but I just vented and let it be...I didn't feel like changing mine again after that(I had already send it earlier but had to resend it so I could have changed mine; adapting to the things I had read)

As long as I pass the subject I'm happy. Even though my overall mark will probably suffer a lot from it*sigh*

*huggles Jumbly tightly* that sounds really bad! I've never seen a person with a migraine before(I don't know anyone who suffers from it ) but it sounds really bad!

Now I'm going to PS quietly in that corner there...mom is on warpath and I'm avoiding her (already left the house earlier to let her cool down, which helped...a bit) and the thing is I didn't do anything (I think it's one of her mood swings )
                              sigpic

Comment

Huggs to Jumble and all woohoos.

Amazing icicles BTW!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X