Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    No time for sleep. Work ain't done yet*headdesk*

Well...I'm still thinking of telling the teacher...

I just send her the link towards the site...only thing I get back is

Didn't I just tell her that I made the site and the guys did nothing in the end?
    So...I'm still doubting about telling the teacher now ...

And now everything is going wrong
    I think you should make it clear to her exactly what happened. Say it in a way that's not making excuses, but as a 'just so you know' type of thing. She should take into account the fact that you had to stay up all night making it because of your team mate letting you down, because that shows that you are a good team leader and willing to go that extra mile to get the work done

Comment

I think I'm hooked on this sig style.....

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
        EH-T: Love your AT anecdote, AT is such a good sport indeed
        Thanks to you and everyone else who commented. Rather off topic so I'm glad you didn't mind.

AT is a very good sport and the auctions are a hoot. I think AT4's was even more fun than AT3's and I didn't think that was possible. I did make her run, made her laugh and she even dedicated a joke to me.

I can't imagine how crazy it would be at SE if AT, MW and DK are all involved! I'm not sure they could be serious long enough to actually get items auctioned off!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          EDIT: In fact I've never been to Holland, can we plan a road trip over there UK Woohoos, and anyone else wanting to join?!
          I would totally be up for that! It'd be awesome!

Jann, really well done on the site, awesome job, and...

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Considering the short time you had to make it, and the time of day it was, you did an incredible job.
          Originally posted by jumble View Post
          What she said ^^^

You know Jann, a lot of people let down like that wood have just sat back and thought 'Well, it's not my fault', not done anything about it, told the tutor what happened and let the other person take the blame for the project not being finished Kudos to you for putting in all that effort
          ^^What they said

*huggles Bree for being sick*
          *huggles Cags for childcare crisis*
          *huggles Jumble for lack of children*

And love the new sigs Jumble So striking!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Sorry for all the whining about this but ...erm more

I think you should make it clear to her exactly what happened. Say it in a way that's not making excuses, but as a 'just so you know' type of thing. She should take into account the fact that you had to stay up all night making it because of your team mate letting you down, because that shows that you are a good team leader and willing to go that extra mile to get the work done
            But how to say that properly?

Because of some circumstances, Ben wasn't available and couldn't upload the site while he promised to do that on time. This made it happen that in the end I had to make the entire site last night and not the boys...

Something like that?!?!
            sigpic

Comment

Jann:

Despite his commitment to upload the site, Ben was unable to do so. As team leader, I took the responsibility upon myself to rebuild and post the site. This taught me the importance of backing up information and dealing with pressure under a deadline.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Lots of folks have posted reports on live journal and such. Not sure if I can track down the links but I'll post them if I can.
                Oh no worries. Don't put yourself out doing it. There was something specific I'd heard she'd talked about at one and I was just interested in hearing/reading it. I dare say I'll come across it some day.

I'll be at the Meet The Man event and auction but he's had a number of knee surgeries so I think it would be cruel to make him run.
                Yes, yes. It would be cruel. That's rather the point.

And anyway, if it crocks his knees up again and it lays him up then, hey, great stuff because it means he can't escape when I pin him down for those babies we're gonna make, right?

And, umm, just in case anyone sensible is reading... yes, I really am joking there...

I wouldn't need crock knees as an excuse; I could drug him and tie him up.

EDIT: and what sig should pop up when I posted? naked, bound and ready for Cags, that's what. Umm...

Yes Jann, what she said. I don't know how you word that. But I definitely think she should know that you put all the work into it and that you do feel quite let down by the others. Do the others get credits for the project too? Because if they do then that's very wrong if it's all your doing.

*huggles Jann some more*

*huggles Josi for the huggles*

*huggles Jumble for the gentle slapping*

And Breathe. Childcare mad moment over. As it turns out Graham's radio is 11am this week so he'll be home long before I have to go out, although Dad will still be out with Karl at his but that's ok... well it's not but childcare wise it is. Benjabubs loves his uncles so much. Oh funny Benjabub anecdote of the day. He's got this thing about being SuperBen lately (you know he goes "I'm SuperBen da da da da daaa" a la Superman music). He tells me all the time he rescues people - rescue mind, not save them; he's very specific about that. So today he's SuperBenning his way round my parent's and he goes up to my brother and touches him and says. "I just rescued you so you don't have to go to hospital anymore." Aww... awww. The things children say. If only it were that simple eh.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Yes Jann, what she said. I don't know how you word that. But I definitely think she should know that you put all the work into it and that you do feel quite let down by the others. Do the others get credits for the project too? Because if they do then that's very wrong if it's all your doing.

*huggles Jann some more*

And Breathe. Childcare mad moment over. As it turns out Graham's radio is 11am this week so he'll be home long before I have to go out, although Dad will still be out with Karl at his but that's ok... well it's not but childcare wise it is. Benjabubs loves his uncles so much. Oh funny Benjabub anecdote of the day. He's got this thing about being SuperBen lately (you know he goes "I'm SuperBen da da da da daaa" a la Superman music). He tells me all the time he rescues people - rescue mind, not save them; he's very specific about that. So today he's SuperBenning his way round my parent's and he goes up to my brother and touches him and says. "I just rescued you so you don't have to go to hospital anymore." Aww... awww. The things children say. If only it were that simple eh.
                  AWWWWWWWWWW!!! *sigh* Yes, if only it were that easy. Speaking of which, a mixed bag of news today. First, Mom is not doing well. More tumors. They're not sure if it's the cancer or the reaction from the chemo again. Either scenario is horrible. And the good news? Oh, we're being considered by a birthmom who's due at any moment. Yeah...one of those days...
                  sigpic

Comment

Aww Cags. *hugs* I love it when you start talking about having RDA's babies...always makes me grin . And that's adorable, I love little kids when they're so innocent like that.

*huggles LJ* I'll keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers! And *crosses fingers for adoption*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Aw, *huggles LJ* Loads of Positive Vibes for you, and your mom.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Thanks to you and everyone else who commented. Rather off topic so I'm glad you didn't mind.

AT is a very good sport and the auctions are a hoot. I think AT4's was even more fun than AT3's and I didn't think that was possible. I did make her run, made her laugh and she even dedicated a joke to me.
                        Nothing about any of our BPTB is off topic here We love to hear all these little snippets

I can't imagine how crazy it would be at SE if AT, MW and DK are all involved! I'm not sure they could be serious long enough to actually get items auctioned off!
                        Oh yeah, can't wait to see what happens

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Jann:

Despite his commitment to upload the site, Ben was unable to do so. As team leader, I took the responsibility upon myself to rebuild and post the site. This taught me the importance of backing up information and dealing with pressure under a deadline.

*huggles Jann some more*
                        What they said ^^ Couldn't have put it better myself

I find it fascinating to see how they take the information in, figure it out in their own minds, and then spout out the results *hugs Ben*

Can you imagine what this one was like as a kid?

Aw, I bet he was good at the
                        puppydogeyeswillgetmeanythingIwant thing

Comment

Yes, yes. It would be cruel. That's rather the point.

And anyway, if it crocks his knees up again and it lays him up then, hey, great stuff because it means he can't escape when I pin him down for those babies we're gonna make, right?

And, umm, just in case anyone sensible is reading... yes, I really am joking there...

I wouldn't need crock knees as an excuse; I could drug him and tie him up.

EDIT: and what sig should pop up when I posted? naked, bound and ready for Cags, that's what. Umm...
                          I swear those sig rotators are psychic!

Awwwww indeed! And glad you're all sorted for the childcare

AWWWWWWWWWW!!! *sigh* Yes, if only it were that easy. Speaking of which, a mixed bag of news today. First, Mom is not doing well. More tumors. They're not sure if it's the cancer or the reaction from the chemo again. Either scenario is horrible. And the good news? Oh, we're being considered by a birthmom who's due at any moment. Yeah...one of those days...
                          *huggles LJ* I'm so sorry about your mum, you'll all be in my thoughts.
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles LJ's Mom and crosses fingers for her*

Ok, I know you've been here before with the adoption prospect, and you're probably trying not to get your hopes up too much, but I'm sending positive vibes as hard as I can *hugs*

Comment

Hey all *waves*

Having such a 'meh' day. Think it's just all the adrenaline from last week wearing off. And starting to panic about the lack of a job .

*hugs LJ* Sending good vibes to you and your mum hun

Jumble, Josi we should definitely plan a trip to Holland then!! We could wander through the red light district, smell tulip, gaze at windmills...once again showing off my shockingly touristy interpretation of the Netherlands . And of course visit Nad and Jann, providing they wood welcome us .

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                                Hey all *waves*

Having such a 'meh' day. Think it's just all the adrenaline from last week wearing off. And starting to panic about the lack of a job .
                                *chucks huge load of adrenaline at Sarai* Hey! We're going to SE in just 6 months and 19 days!!!!

Did that help?

*hugs LJ* Sending good vibes to you and your mum hun

Jumble, Josi we should definitely plan a trip to Holland then!! We could wander through the red light district, smell tulip, gaze at windmills...once again showing off my shockingly touristy interpretation of the Netherlands . And of course visit Nad and Jann, providing they wood welcome us .
                                I've done the red light district, didn't see any tulips or windmills though

Yes, we'll have to get something organized, and see if we can drag Oma and Cags along too

Comment

Working...
                                X