No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaaaaaand the printer chooses TODAY to run out of coloured ink, and I don't have a spare *cries*

Jeez, if cardiovascular exercise is really good for me, the last few days must have reduced my heart age to about 21

Comment

*needs to vent for a sec...ignore me*

Can a group project NEVER go without problems. Our site needs to be online before tonight and the one who has it on the computer(it only worked properly on the one they made it on) is still in Scotland *headdesk*

I'm so hoping it will work out in the end! ...but I don't trust it!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Can a group project NEVER go without problems. Our site needs to be online before tonight and the one who has it on the computer(it only worked properly on the one they made it on) is still in Scotland *headdesk*

Can they not put it online from where they are? Or is the pc back at home?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Can they not put it online from where they are? Or is the pc back at home?
          He has the laptop with him, but he's saying everytime that he'll be online but we don't see him and then he's saying he doesn't has internet(we called him) etc etc

He now promised to come online in 30 min

*crosses fingers*
          sigpic

Comment

He has the laptop with him, but he's saying everytime that he'll be online but we don't see him and then he's saying he doesn't has internet(we called him) etc etc

He now promised to come online in 30 min

*crosses fingers*
            Hopefully that will sort it then *crosses fingers*

Comment

Yeah... that's why I don't like group projects. There is always someone that will mess up.

Hope you'll get it done in time.
              sigpic

Comment

True. But on the other hand, we've heard from EH-T that he's really down to earth and a nice guy, and we've seen lots of footage of how he interacts with fans, and we know from pretty much everything (podcommentaries etc) that he has a sense of humour, sooooo.....

*borrows Josiane's hat*

Ok, I think I've arrived at a compromise..........

The Birthday vid
                Cags' Martin's clothes vid (I have her permission)
                Simply The Best
                Crazy
                Woodstock

Leaving out Just a Little and the one that shall not be named

Ok?
                That's it isn't it? And we can't all be wrong

Besides, it's not like we're the only bunch of fans he has. I'm sure he gets loads of fan stuff sent to him, some probably a lot worse than mine..........

..... doesn't he?

Did I mention that it snowed again last night? Fun getting this stuff to the Post Office tomorrow
                Hey there! Just jumping in with my 2 cents.

First, I have to admit I haven't seen all the videos (I know, bad fan ).

Second, although I've met him I don't pretend I really know him.

I will say this. He was very nice and down to earth. He does have a great sense of humour. He has also been at some conventions in the past so I'm sure he's seen the gamut of fans and their reactions. However, when I did explain there was a thread dedicated to him on GW and that fans were interested to know his birth date he did seem surprised that people would even be interested. It sounds to me like you are leaving out the more, shall we say "extreme" videos and I think that is a good idea.

I also think that it is a nice gesture to send him something. It is the actors, because they are in front of the camera, that get so much attention that I think the others involved in the show might appreciate a little recognition too. For example, when we went on the tour, because we hadn't really won the auction, we took thank you gifts. But it wasn't just a gift for AT, we also took gifts for Damian's wife who facilitated the visit, for the publicist who was going to show us around and we took chocolates for everyone, cast and crew, to share. One of our group also made nubbins for AT, MW and DK.

I've only been to two of AT's gatherings in London and one Creation Convention (and the set tour). My policy is always to treat people with respect in all situations so it is no different for people who happen to make shows for TV. So I treat actors, writers, etc the way I would want to be treated. So, with the videos, is this something you would appreciate receiving or that you would want your mother/brother/friend to receive?

Oh, one other thought. The man works with Robin Dunne who drops his pants constantly. Given that, any video you send is probably very tame!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*Thinks of Robin Dunne dropping his pants*

...er...
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmmm.

Thanks for your input EH-T

Now I'm not sure again

LJ, what do you think?

Comment

Hmmm.

Thanks for your input EH-T

Now I'm not sure again

LJ, what do you think?
                      *iz still thinking about Robin Dunne dropping his pants*

Okay, okay. Getting serious.

Brad loved his birthday vid, right? And his wife did, too! I don't know...I guess you have to decide if it would give Martin a laugh or embarrass him to death. I'm going to say, the way he puts himself out there for the fans, he'd take it in the good-natured, humorous spirit in which it was offered. I say, go for it. Besides, I let you all link Joe to the vids I made of him. And the notebook pages.

EDIT: And you can always make it from all the Woohoos. And the Lady on the Parkbench.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        *iz still thinking about Robin Dunne dropping his pants*

Okay, okay. Getting serious.

Brad loved his birthday vid, right? And his wife did, too! I don't know...I guess you have to decide if it would give Martin a laugh or embarrass him to death. I'm going to say, the way he puts himself out there for the fans, he'd take it in the good-natured, humorous spirit in which it was offered. I say, go for it. Besides, I let you all link Joe to the vids I made of him. And the notebook pages.

EDIT: And you can always make it from all the Woohoos. And the Lady on the Parkbench.

Just to be clear (in case you haven't waded through the whole discussion The birthday vid I'm definitely sending, along with the artwork made into cards, it's some of the other vids that I've made that I'm not sure if I should send.

Edit: And why have you not made a card? Busy busy I guess

Comment

Yeah yeah. This is the list, right?

The Birthday vid
                          Cags' Martin's clothes vid (I have her permission)
                          Simply The Best
                          Crazy
                          Woodstock
                          Birthday: Yes
                          Clothes: Yes
                          The Best: Yes (although I still take offense on Joe's behalf )

I think you'd be fine sending the other two, as well. Like I said, I'm sure he'll think it's all in good fun and have a good laugh. But, you seem to be having a hard time just doing it, so maybe that's you not really wanting him to see them? Is that too deep? Am I thinking too much? I'm still so confused...Robin Dunne taking off his pants...
                          sigpic

Comment

Just to be clear (in case you haven't waded through the whole discussion The birthday vid I'm definitely sending, along with the artwork made into cards, it's some of the other vids that I've made that I'm not sure if I should send.

Edit: And why have you not made a card? Busy busy I guess
                            I'll whip one up right now!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah yeah. This is the list, right?

Birthday: Yes
                              Clothes: Yes
                              The Best: Yes (although I still take offense on Joe's behalf )

I think you'd be fine sending the other two, as well. Like I said, I'm sure he'll think it's all in good fun and have a good laugh. But, you seem to be having a hard time just doing it, so maybe that's you not really wanting him to see them? Is that too deep? Am I thinking too much? I'm still so confused...Robin Dunne taking off his pants...
                              Ok.

Actually......... I'll pm you

I'll whip one up right now!
                              Great That'll give the printer time to cool down

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X