The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
    Morning woohoos! I came in for my morning dose of addictive thread and as usual there is rampant nekkidness. And cute poochiness and kittiness.
    Nekkidness? I must have missed it..........

It's the cold, it affects my brain

I did too and Amanda mentioned that Martin wasn't on the podcast cuz' he gas the flu.

*huggles Martin with chicken soup*

(((Jumble)))
    He has the flu??? Aw, poor Martin *huggles him*

And that just shows how quickly I turned the podcommentary off, because I didn't hear that part

As a not *straight gal* I gotta admit he is one handsome devil.

*fans jumble*
    He is 'Handsome' is somewhat of an old-fashioned word, not much used these days, but it certainly applies

Devil? Hmm... can't imagine......... hmm.... maybe I can

*huggles Sarai*

and on the scenario.
    Oh, you're all going to have a field day with the teasing when I get back aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Nekkidness? I must have missed it..........

It's the cold, it affects my brain

He has the flu??? Aw, poor Martin *huggles him*

And that just shows how quickly I turned the podcommentary off, because I didn't hear that part

He is 'Handsome' is somewhat of an old-fashioned word, not much used these days, but it certainly applies

Devil? Hmm... can't imagine......... hmm.... maybe I can

Oh, you're all going to have a field day with the teasing when I get back aren't you?
      Handsome just seems to really apply to him. "ruggedly handsome" is another phrase you don't hear much either but that certainly applies too.

As for the bolded bits you know your mind went straight to the gutter.
      and
      Yes we are

I have to go to work now so *waves bye to woohoos*
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm. I'm pretty sure she's scammed you Sarai
        Yeah me too, but then I've just seen her loading more boxes into her car so there must be something going on.

Found something interesting in our tenancy agreement, was wondering if you could cast your legal mind over it?

Spoiler:
        "That the Tenant paying the rent and observing the stipulations on the part of the tenant herein contained shall peaceably hold and enjoy the Premises during the Tenancy without any interruption by the Landlord or any person lawfully claiming under or in trust for the said Landlord."

To me that says she's not allowed to interrupt our living which she has done by asking us to move all of our stuff out, right? Would love to hear your opinion!

Comment

Handsome just seems to really apply to him. "ruggedly handsome" is another phrase you don't hear much either but that certainly applies too.

As for the bolded bits you know your mind went straight to the gutter.
          and
          Yes we are

I have to go to work now so *waves bye to woohoos*
          Rugged, yes that definitely applies Except when he's all spicked up a suit and tie.......... I was going to say that that's suavely handsome, but I don't think it is simply because of that grin and the laugh in his eyes.........

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            Yeah me too, but then I've just seen her loading more boxes into her car so there must be something going on.

Found something interesting in our tenancy agreement, was wondering if you could cast your legal mind over it?

Spoiler:
            "That the Tenant paying the rent and observing the stipulations on the part of the tenant herein contained shall peaceably hold and enjoy the Premises during the Tenancy without any interruption by the Landlord or any person lawfully claiming under or in trust for the said Landlord."

To me that says she's not allowed to interrupt our living which she has done by asking us to move all of our stuff out, right? Would love to hear your opinion!
            That's exactly what it means.

Unfortunately the important phrase there is 'asking us to move all our stuff out', because if she just 'asked' you and you agreed, she hasn't done anything legally wrong. Had she demanded that you move out without giving the required notice (how much notice is she supposed to give btw?) then she wood have defaulted on the contract. She cannot make you move out until the required notice period (which must be given in writing) is up and she has refunded you your deposit.

In my experience, having her house repossessed wood not involve having Bailiffs come round and take her belongings. It's just the house that's being repossessed. The Eviction Order wood have given her a minimum of 28 days to move herself and her belongings out of the house, and only then wood the Bailiffs arrive to make sure the house was clear and to change the locks.

There is definitely something else going on (and I'm not the only one that thinks so). Maybe her house has been repossessed and she needs your house to live in. Maybe she's sold her house and it's happened faster than she thought and she decided to scare you out rather than wait for the notice period to take possession of your house. Or maybe she has massive debts and is doing a moonlight to avoid paying. There are several things it could be, but the bottom line is that your belongings shouldn't be in any danger of being taken, nor should your tenancy be affected other than her having to give you notice to vacate if she needs the house empty.

Did you ask CAB for advice? What did they say?
            Last edited by Jumble; 07 January 2010, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Hello whoohoos! Jumping on here while at work before the big work actually starts.

OT so feel free to skip:

Got into work and realized that if I didn't get to my doctor ASAP I would probably lose the chance as there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow and she only works half days on Friday anywhoo.

So I got an emergency visit and long story short: two ear infections and a sinus infection just to round things out a bit. Also my voice is pretty much non existent.

I spent the last two days reorganizing the large wine shop into categories that actually make sense. This meant moving over a thousand bottles of wine from one place in the shop to another. Many were dusty and I am allergic to dust soooo of course I got sick.

Still have to work tho' as I am the only manager/wine expert (tho' hardly an expert IMHO) on duty for the weekend. Today I have another hundred or so to move and then it's done. *faints*

*waves bye*
              sigpic

Comment

Hello whoohoos! Jumping on here while at work before the big work actually starts.

OT so feel free to skip:

Got into work and realized that if I didn't get to my doctor ASAP I would probably lose the chance as there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow and she only works half days on Friday anywhoo.

So I got an emergency visit and long story short: two ear infections and a sinus infection just to round things out a bit. Also my voice is pretty much non existent.

I spent the last two days reorganizing the large wine shop into categories that actually make sense. This meant moving over a thousand bottles of wine from one place in the shop to another. Many were dusty and I am allergic to dust soooo of course I got sick.

Still have to work tho' as I am the only manager/wine expert (tho' hardly an expert IMHO) on duty for the weekend. Today I have another hundred or so to move and then it's done. *faints*

*waves bye*
                *squishy hugs Bree*

You know I'd offer to help, but you'd probably find a good few of those bottles wood be empty by the time we'd finished

Comment

MOrning Woohoos!
                  sigpic

Comment

That's exactly what it means.

Unfortunately the important phrase there is 'asking us to move all our stuff out', because if she just 'asked' you and you agreed, she hasn't done anything legally wrong. Had she demanded that you move out without giving the required notice (how much notice is she supposed to give btw?) then she wood have defaulted on the contract. She cannot make you move out until the required notice period (which must be given in writing) is up and she has refunded you your deposit.
                    See I'm trying to remember exactly what she said but I heard the word "bailiffs" and panicked tbh . I'm pretty sure she didn't 'ask' us to move all our stuff out, rather implied that that is what she was doing and if we didn't do the same our stuff wood be vulnerable. I asked how soon could we get our deposit back and she said next week, although bearing in mind this was Monday.

In my experience, having her house repossessed wood not involve having Bailiffs come round and take her belongings. It's just the house that's being repossessed. The Eviction Order wood have given her a minimum of 28 days to move herself and her belongings out of the house, and only then wood the Bailiffs arrive to make sure the house was clear and to change the locks.
                    She did say she had known about this for a couple of weeks and didn't tell us sooner because we were away for Christmas and because she "didn't know how to" . I think she has known for a considerable period of time to let it get to this stage.

There is definitely something else going on (and I'm not the only one that thinks so). Maybe her house has been repossessed and she needs your house to live in. Maybe she's sold her house and it's happened faster than she thought and she decided to scare you out rather than wait for the notice period to take possession of your house. Or maybe she has massive debts and is doing a moonlight to avoid paying. There are several things it could be, but the bottom line is that your belongings shouldn't be in any danger of being taken, nor should your tenancy be affected other than her having to give you notice to vacate if she needs the house empty.
                    I'm not sure it's because she wants the house. Dave spoke to her over the phone yesterday to let her know we were going to look at another place. She explained that she was going to the bank that afternoon to try and save both her house and ours (I assume it did not go well as she was still moving out today) but when Dave told her we were leaving she immediately started saying she was going to lose it anyway as she was counting on our rent. Which seriously ticked me off. She's got herself into this mess in the first place and how dare she try to guilt us for leaving? It's not our problem!!

Did you ask CAB for advice? What did they say?
                    CAB said that the right to leave peacefully etc... was an implied term which means it is protected by law whether it's in the contract or not. They also said that if the bailiffs were to come then they wouldn't be able to take our things if we could show we were tenants and prove ownership which is a relief. I wasn't able to give them certain particulars though like how long she has known and what she said exactly because when she told me I was in a bit of state . I wish Dave had been there as well then between us we might have had the sense to record the conversation or even remember it better .

EDIT: Sorry for the gratuitous OT guys

Comment

((((Jas))) for your dad not buying the food/drinks! Happy Christmas though!
                      ((((Sarai))) For the whole house thing. I hope you get it figured out soon
                      (((Jumble))) for stupid fox! I hope it will go away soon! or freeze...it would make a evil statue!
                      (((Bree)))) for being sick!

my daily dosis of OT I just came home and mom told me she put my laundry on my bed and said she saw my new keyboard. (It gives light...hard to miss mom) then she said those boxes on my room where a mess and I had to clean up I hadn't had the time for it yet ..then I asked her if she noticed something different in my room. I saw her thinking and she said no...I hinted about a different "monitor" she again said no. Then I told her that instead of two 15" inch old monitor and TV(biggies) I now got a new 26" TV ...which was next to the keyboard. you really paid attention mom...
                      I thought it was funny because how can you see a new keyboard but miss the fact that there is a whole new TV
                      sigpic

Comment

See I'm trying to remember exactly what she said but I heard the word "bailiffs" and panicked tbh . I'm pretty sure she didn't 'ask' us to move all our stuff out, rather implied that that is what she was doing and if we didn't do the same our stuff wood be vulnerable. I asked how soon could we get our deposit back and she said next week, although bearing in mind this was Monday.
                        I may be doing her a disservice, but I rather think that was the plan (bolded).

Hmmm. If she hasn't actually asked you to leave, she could twist it and say that you left without giving notice, thereby relinquishing your right to claim your deposit back

She did say she had known about this for a couple of weeks and didn't tell us sooner because we were away for Christmas and because she "didn't know how to" . I think she has known for a considerable period of time to let it get to this stage.
                        She's known for longer than that, it takes several months to get a repossession order.

I'm not sure it's because she wants the house. Dave spoke to her over the phone yesterday to let her know we were going to look at another place. She explained that she was going to the bank that afternoon to try and save both her house and ours (I assume it did not go well as she was still moving out today) but when Dave told her we were leaving she immediately started saying she was going to lose it anyway as she was counting on our rent. Which seriously ticked me off. She's got herself into this mess in the first place and how dare she try to guilt us for leaving? It's not our problem!!
                        There, see? Twisting it! She's either very naive, or very clever.

CAB said that the right to leave peacefully etc... was an implied term which means it is protected by law whether it's in the contract or not. They also said that if the bailiffs were to come then they wouldn't be able to take our things if we could show we were tenants and prove ownership which is a relief. I wasn't able to give them certain particulars though like how long she has known and what she said exactly because when she told me I was in a bit of state . I wish Dave had been there as well then between us we might have had the sense to record the conversation or even remember it better .

EDIT: Sorry for the gratuitous OT guys
                        It's really hard to think straight when you get a bombshell dropped on you Most people don't know their rights and wood have reacted the same as you did.

Factually, the situation is that you have the right to stay in the house if you want to and your belongings wood be safe. But in reality, you'd do best to leave especially since you've already signed for the new house and are ready to move in at the weekend. You obviously woodn't want to stay as her tenants because you woodn't be able to trust her and wood be constantly worrying about what else is going to happen. You're best out of it

But I feel that you may well have a fight on your hands to get your deposit back. If what she's saying is true, she's obviously got financial problems and may not even have the money to give you I don't know how much it is, but I'm sure you can't afford to lose it.

If it was me, I'd type out an I.O.U. ready and then go out and ask her for the money. If she tells you again that she'll give it to you next week, I'd insist she sign the I.O.U. because of the whole situation, just to cover yourself. At least then you'd have some evidence if you have to chase her for the cash

You're probably feeling that you just want to get out and forget the whole thing, but she owes you that money and you have the right to claim it.

Another thing I wood do is to sit down and think back over what was said on Monday and write it all down.

Um....... I love Martin?

Comment

*hugs Jumble*

Thank you for the advice. I'll talk it over with Dave when he gets back today and try to sort something out about this deposit. It was put into a scheme when we paid it so I don't think there's a danger of her having spent it but then I don't trust her so...

Positive thoughts

Comment

*hugs Jumble*

Thank you for the advice. I'll talk it over with Dave when he gets back today and try to sort something out about this deposit. It was put into a scheme when we paid it so I don't think there's a danger of her having spent it but then I don't trust her so...

Positive thoughts
                            You're welcome, I only wish I could do more.

Positive thinking, yes, but you're right not to trust her

Hmmm. I wonder if I should go and see if my car will start? I think I can probably just about get to it without falling on my butt

Comment

You're welcome, I only wish I could do more.

Positive thinking, yes, but you're right not to trust her

Hmmm. I wonder if I should go and see if my car will start? I think I can probably just about get to it without falling on my butt
                              No don't do it, stay inside where it's warm ! Everytime I venture outside I forget how cold it is. Bloomin' Winter

Comment

No don't do it, stay inside where it's warm ! Everytime I venture outside I forget how cold it is. Bloomin' Winter
                                Brrrrrrrrr!!!!

Yes. Cold out there

Car started straight away.......... after I'd shoved enough snow out of the way to actually open the door It's actually nice fluffy snow, the kind that makes you want to go and make snow angels But I resisted the temptation once I realised how very wet and very cold that wood make me

Still can't open the conservatory door though. There's a drift about four feet high against it

Hmmm. How best to get warm again?

I know *snuggles in Martin's jacket*

Somebody actually asked me the other day how I managed to get hold of his jacket (seen my location I guess ) and I had to explain that it's all in my head Sad

Comment

Working...
                                X