The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Josiane did answer your sig rotator question I'm not bothering anymore, I'm fed up with them constantly being offline

Unfortunately there's no way to avoid having cars parked in the street here, but even with them all parked on the one side, and with their wheels up on the path, there's very little room left for large vehicles to get through

This is the view from the front

You can see how narrow the road is. This is the back garden

And it's still snowing!

All the local schools are closed and there are people stranded all over Hampshire and Surrey. One lady was trying to take her dog to the vet in Petersfield and got stuck on the A3 ALL NIGHT! This country just cannot cope with snow

I'm staying home and feeling very glad that I had the sense to go to the shops yesterday

Glad you're enjoying it
    Glad you're safe and warm at home Jumble. BTW- Those pix (or even parts of them wood make lovely textures.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      Glad you're safe and warm at home Jumble. BTW- Those pix (or even parts of them wood make lovely textures.
      Thanks

Oooh! I never thought of that!

Comment

Awesome snow pics Jumble! and that is a LOT of snow! I'm yealous! Even though I am glad we don'thave a lot of problems(atm) with it I already had big train delays this morning and because of that was 15 min late for my consulation with my teacher(he didn't mind though...)

*huggles Jumbly again* Stay at home(safe) and crawl close to Martin
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Jann

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos.

Josi what a lovely picture that one was. Have to seen Sky news? They are exhibiting viewers pictures on their interactive pages. You should send yours in.

Oh my Jumble! It really is thick out where you are!

We got snow. We have about an inch or two, which is about par for the course for us being in a much more urban area. Just heat from the city melts a lot of it even before it lands. I mean it's been snowing steadily since about 10am and yet the bare patches where cars were parked overnight are still snow free. It'll have to get much heavier for it to really settle thick here.

Last night before I went to bed (half one in the morning again ) I glanced out the window and I was so awed by the sight... not the snow; I expected that, but by how eerie the sky was an how light it was. I grabbed the camera and took a little video which you can see here. read the information in the sidebar for more details.

Yesterday and this morning I had a black cat hanging around. Fairly certain he's the one who's been coming in and helping himself to bed and board over the last few weeks. Such is the nature of cat ownership. Me being a sucker for waifs and strays, I saw him out there this morning sheletring under the slide and looking all cold and forlorn (yes yes, I know ) and felt incredibly guilty for being up and about and preventing him from coming in and taking advantage (did I mention I'm a sucker? Yeah!) So I went out, made a makeshift shelter popped in a cardboard box stuffed with an old pillow and a bowl of catfood...hopefully he'll at least be warm and fed.
            You know, someone probably owns him and he's probably curled up on thier lap as I type. Cats are such con artists!

*Huggles Woohoos*

P.S. Sig rotator thingie seems to be working for me. At least for now. Who knows how long.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              I knew that... I had had a bit of gin last night The amount of time it took me to write *that* post... lol

And, yeah, I still had Mikita on my fron.

Wow. You must have just missed the storm we got through here a month or so ago (cause we usually get Minnesota storms before they morph over the lakes). Dropped about 1.5 ft in just about 24 hours... Even having warmed up since then the village is already having to dump excess snow into our lake.
              Yup, we always seem to miss those storms! I know Philadelphia got a bunch of snow and we're less then 2 hours away and we got all of 5 inches.

Jumble, glad to know you're safe and sound inside.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hi Woohoos. Thought some of you may be interested in this. It's about Sea Shepard, which RDA sponsors and supports. He was at the unveiling of the boat in the story, actually.

Ugh. Boykid woke up Girlkid at 6 a.m. Four hours of sleep...*wanders off in a daze*
                sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                  *rolls through the fresh snow. Nekkid.* Yes, I'm tough like that

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Hi Woohoos. Thought some of you may be interested in this. It's about Sea Shepard, which RDA sponsors and supports. He was at the unveiling of the boat in the story, actually.

Ugh. Boykid woke up Girlkid at 6 a.m. Four hours of sleep...*wanders off in a daze*
                  *nods* It's all over the news here because one of the guys on the boat is Dutch.

*hugs for little sleep*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Lips? Eyes? Both please I'm being greedy this morning!

Ugh...I always hate first days of school after vacation...
                    Jann! Are you about home yet? Must have one of our guys-suck-and-so-do-beautiful cousins-who-know-they're-beautiful discussions!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*waves to WooHoos*

It's worse than that now Cags because it's still snowing

Talked to Jo earlier. She's completely snowed in as well and didn't have the foresight to go to the shops yesterday Apparently they had soup and crisps for lunch (which I'm sure the boys loved!) She got someone to mind the kids while she walked to her local shop, but there was no bread, milk, or any veggies. She's got some pasta and some tinned food, so they won't starve

Suz is ok. They brought all the horses in from the fields yesterday, so they're all tucked up in warm stables. Just means she had 20 stables to muck out this morning Mike couldn't go to work so he's helping her. I reckon they're better off than most, because if they need to go anywhere they can just go on horseback

Fun fun fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        Jann! Are you about home yet? Must have one of our guys-suck-and-so-do-beautiful cousins-who-know-they're-beautiful discussions!
                        I'm home now!

Finally got a keyboard again! The people at the shop did look a bit weird at me though(coming there for three days in a row) but this keyboard works and is awesome(even gives light)

Good to hear everyone is safe with all this snow. Oh and send some more to me too please!
                        sigpic

Comment

*bounces or more accurately slip-slides in*

Afternoon Woohoos! We got sent home early for the snow - it was decided that all the libraries should shut at 3pm, and even better, not reopen until 10am tomorrow so I get a lie-in!

There's so much snow here now - inches and inches, and in places well over a foot. And it's been snowing on and off all day. I took loads of photos, will upload some in a minute, but it all looks much like at Jumble's.

Cags, love the video - I love that eerie light that you get when it's all snowy, and the silence that comes with it. Beautiful. But Jumble's right that we just can't deal with snow here - I stopped in the Co-op on my way home and the shelves were largely empty (though thankfully I could get enough food for the next few days). And it's going to be treacherous out there walking to work tomorrow morning - in fact just getting up the steps out of my basement flat is going to be interesting...
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You be careful on those steps Josiane, they're saying we're in for a sharp drop tonight so there will be a lot of ice around in the morning! I've ended up with the whole week off, which is good because I have Important Stuff to do but not so good since I won't get paid

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              You be careful on those steps Josiane, they're saying we're in for a sharp drop tonight so there will be a lot of ice around in the morning! I've ended up with the whole week off, which is good because I have Important Stuff to do but not so good since I won't get paid
                              I will be. I'm in for the night now (was going to go and see a friend, but have decided to cancel because of the ice), and will be super careful tomorrow morning and evening, I promise

Yay for you having the week off (even if boo for no pay!)
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*skids in*

Evening everyone

What a crazy few days it's been!! If I have one piece of advice it's don't try and move out or do anything in the snow!!! Took a load of stuff over to a friends house last night who lives up a fairly small but steep hill then down a cul-de-sac. Made it up the hill but once we tried to turn in we stopped completely and had to enlist the friends help to push the car through the snow .

Have some good news though. We went to see a house today and really liked it!!! So much so that we've signed for it and are hoping to move in on Saturday . Should be able to get the internet sorted properly this time as well so no three months offline like last time . I'm just so relieved!! Methinks we're gonna be well shot of this crazy landlady! Just hope we get our deposit back ok

Jumble I'm glad to hear everyone down your end is ok, even if you had to abandon your car at the bottom of your hill! I don't blame you at all, if there is even the hint of snow I don't drive at all, luckily Dave loves it and has been handbrake turning all over the place today .

Josi Oxford looks beautiful!! I'm sure if I was tucked up in a warm bed with no need to leave the house I'd feel the same way as the snow is pretty intense up here but when you have to move around in it it kind of loses it's appeal . Gorgeous pics on FB though

LJ hope the girlkid is feeling ok and not too ropey, everyone seems to be ill at the moment

*huggles rest of Woohoos*

Comment

Working...
                                X